Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 08-29-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think we'll keep 4 RBs and a FB on the active roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be surprised if Omon got cut and Wright made the team.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There weren't a ton of surprises as the Bills coaching staff reduced their roster to the required 53 on Saturday afternoon, but there were a few veteran free agent pickups that just didn't make the grade.

Free agent signees Courtney Anderson, Will James and Donnie Spragan were all released Saturday after signing with the club this offseason.

Also waived on Saturday were LB Jon Banks, LB Marcus Buggs, LB Blake Costanzo, OL Dustin Dickinson, OT Patrick Estes, FB Jonathan Evans, OL Robert Felton, DB Dustin Fox, OL Christian Gaddis, RB Bruce Hall, WR Felton Huggins, DT Jason Jefferson, DE Derrick Jones, DT Corey Mace, TE Tim Massaquoi, WR Scott Mayle, OL Nevin McCaskill, DT Teraz McCray and RB Dwayne Wright.

Will James was considered a virtual lock to land the nickel corner role after some strong play coming out of the spring camps, but during the preseason, though he played well in zone calls, he had some struggles in man-to-man coverage.

That combined with the fact that Ashton Youboty, Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner showed enough consistency and depth playing in the slot likely gave the coaching staff enough confidence to sacrifice some experience at the position.

Anderson and Spragan just never made an impact as neither was really able to advance past the third unit on the depth chart. Spragan was a training camp pickup after injuries struck the linebacker position this summer.

Another veteran who became a victim of a numbers game was DT Jason Jefferson, whose odds of making the roster were reduced after the offseason acquisitions of Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson.

Bills former fourth-round pick Dwayne Wright was also released as fumbling proved to be his undoing. Wright fumbled in three of the team's four preseason games. Instead rookie sixth-round pick Xavier Omon made the club as the team's third running back.

Surprisingly the coaching staff carried just three tight ends on the roster including the injured Derek Fine and Derek Schouman. Both Fine and Schouman are questionable at best for the opener with no firm timetable on a return for either.

Buffalo also went light at linebacker with just six kept on the roster including defensive back turned linebacker Jon Corto, an Orchard Park native
Old 08-30-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only surprise is that we only kept 3 TE imo. I expected Wright to get cut.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, same thought.
I'm a little surprised that all of Costanzo, Buggs, Banks, and Spragan were cut. Good for Corto to have emerged there, but I thought 7 was definitely a possibility.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

costanzo will go practice squad tho. I figured out of Costanzo and Corto that one would make the roster and the other was a lock for PS.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corto reminds me a bit of Coy Wire. Both good special teams and safeties converted into linebackers.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a great article on Donte Whitner..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...tim&id=3558120

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 09-01-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

I am ready to punch a hole in the wall. Supposedly, McKelvin is going through the process to change his number to # 21. I bought a 28 McKelvin jersey 2 weeks ago....... I am so ticked off right now.........

Old 09-01-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I am ready to punch a hole in the wall. Supposedly, McKelvin is going through the process to change his number to # 21. I bought a 28 McKelvin jersey 2 weeks ago....... I am so ticked off right now.........
You never buy a rookie jersey until after week 1 has started.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Here's a great article on Donte Whitner..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...tim&id=3558120
that is a damn good article. Nice post and thanks for not making a thread! plus rep for u.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's been brought up but how solid was our draft this year. Everyone except for our 3rd 7th round pick made the team. That doesn't happen much anymore
Old 09-02-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I don't think it's been brought up but how solid was our draft this year. Everyone except for our 3rd 7th round pick made the team. That doesn't happen much anymore
Now when people say, "Why do you watch the 7th round on tv, it doesnt matter". Well now you can tell them "Look at last year"

But yeah, it is a pretty solid draft. I got a question, If Walker, never got hurt and Peters showed up at camp every day, would Bell have made the team?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

According to Chris Brown, McKelvin is not changing his # to 21. He's keeping 28

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im getting tired of jason peters

im surprised that Omon made the team, i thought he was gonna be a P.S player this year. But with Wright's fumbling problems, i guess it gave him the advantage
Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
im getting tired of jason peters

im surprised that Omon made the team, i thought he was gonna be a P.S player this year. But with Wright's fumbling problems, i guess it gave him the advantage
I wish Jason Peters would realize he wouldn't even be in the NFL if the Bills didn't take a chance on him as a UDFA. He should show some loyalty.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And some sensibility.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

i cant believe he is gonna sit out the regular season.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

hey, everyone post in the feedback thread for the new board here.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Seriously, do we know he is alive? I mean really, how do we really know? He might come back weighing 425 pounds. That would really suck.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Crowell place on IR. Damn

Old 09-04-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Apparently the Bills coaching staff decided they would be too shorthanded in the 2-4 week window in which Crowell would need to recover and created a roster spot by putting the veteran linebacker on injured reserve.

So Crowell will be ready to go by week 5? And we put him on IR???

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-04-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Now when people say, "Why do you watch the 7th round on tv, it doesnt matter". Well now you can tell them "Look at last year"

But yeah, it is a pretty solid draft. I got a question, If Walker, never got hurt and Peters showed up at camp every day, would Bell have made the team?
There's no question Bell would've made the team

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

damn man........no crowell hurts.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Just awful. Crowell + Poz + Stroud would've been soooo good. Kawika better earn his money and Ellison better be able to tackle people. And Poz better be that good.
Just terrible news. Unexpected and a huge loss.