Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 09-13-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that Peters is expected to start tomorrow.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I read that Peters is expected to start tomorrow.
that seems to be the general feeling. I think its the right call personally.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
that seems to be the general feeling. I think its the right call personally.
Yeah, I agree. Lets get him in their ASAP.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and he is starting.....lets show Jax how it's done
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

so, did we look as good on that drive as the numbers suggest?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
so, did we look as good on that drive as the numbers suggest?
It was such an easy "march down the field with short but perfect gains" drive. Lynch looked great, line looked great, Edwards looked great. Everything was spot on.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win for Buffalo today. 2-0 with both wins coming against playoff teams from last year.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did the Bills look? (I only got to listen to the game due to work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I had to watch on NFL gamecast. I was told Edwards looked really good though
Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great, then ehh, then we completely lost momentum (onside kick, fumble), then in the 4th quarter it seemed like we were just the better team, and we knew it. Held them to a 4-play drive in their own zone, then the drive to take the lead with exactly what we needed in it (Great 30 yard route by Evans, TD to Hardy on the next play). A great 3-and-out for the D after that and the Lindell kick to make it tough. A dominant 4th quarter pretty much. Started great and finished great, it was nice to see.

Of course, it was a very tense game. Running game really slowed down as theg ame progressed, our receivers weren't getting open as much for a while. We couldn't tackle, especially not Garrard. You hate to see Groves get around Peters to force that fumble. We got lucky with a few drops, but outside of a few big cushions we weren't leaving anybody too open.
It wasn't the best performance, for a while in the 3rd it seemed like we'd let it get away, but we never let them completely take over and we played like winners in the end.

Fred Jackson looked studly catching the ball, a lot of changing personnel on the lines (it wasn't the best performance for the OL), kick return game was stifled but I remember from last year that Jacksonville has a great kick coverage unit. James Hardy actually did something, but another one went through his hands with a defender coming in behind him. Evans was impressive again. Lynch started out great, still fought hard as the game went on.

Edwards was very accurate, we kept things underneath for the most part but the 3rd down pass to Evans to set up Hardy's TD was beautiful, and I think he had to avoid a little pressure before it as well. I liked what I saw from Moorman and Lindell, Parrish was nice on punts with a good return called back.

Stroud continued to take up blockers, Kelsay and Williams were able to get free a couple of times. Schobel didn't disrupt much and missed a tackle on Garrard. Poz looked pretty good, had a nice hit on Garrard on a blitz up the gut, and he almost killed MoJo. McGee and Greer gave up some ctachers in front of them but made only one big mistake between them with McGee whiffing on a play for the ball.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the great write-up, McGee.
+rep for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Edwards look amazing out there. Great zip and accuracy when throwing the ball. His passer rating was 119.8! 80% completion. Just superb.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Edwards is reminding me of Chad Pennington from a few years ago
Old 09-14-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Edwards is reminding me of Chad Pennington from a few years ago
Dont jinx him. Edwards has proved he can throw the long ball accurately.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Trent Edwards looks fo realz.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Good game guys. Trent Edwards looks fo realz.
thanks.......good to see a classy fan every now and then :)
Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I hate to look ahead and potentially jinx the team but we have a very strong chance to go 4-0. We have Oakland and St. Louis the next two weeks.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGee kind of said it all for me. Trent looked amazing and the passing game was spot-on. Our defence seemed shoddy at times, and Ashton Youboty seemed like the only person who could make a clean tackle.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

First two weeks have been fairy tale. Cant ask for much more than 2 wins against 2 playoff teams, one being a super bowl contender. We just cant overlook the Raiders. This week will tell us a lot about the team. If we come out focused we should beat them handily.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Peter King said Stroud and Youboty are playing at probowl levels right now. I dont know about you, but I dont see many nickel CB's making the probowl.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Peter King said Stroud and Youboty are playing at probowl levels right now. I dont know about you, but I dont see many nickel CB's making the probowl.
Let alone nickel corners who near missed making the team

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Going back to the last play of the game, had they ruled, after review, that it was not a fumble or forward lateral, would they really have been able to run another play? If there was no issue the clock would've kept running due to him being tackled in bounds, and they had no timeouts, and the game would've ended 20-16 three seconds later. The announcers kept saying the possibility of them having a shot at the endzone had it been ruled in their favor (regardless of two ways that it wouldn't have been) while it was under review. So would the review completely stop the clock for them to run another play?

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 09-17-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Going back to the last play of the game, had they ruled, after review, that it was not a fumble or forward lateral, would they really have been able to run another play? If there was no issue the clock would've kept running due to him being tackled in bounds, and they had no timeouts, and the game would've ended 20-16 three seconds later. The announcers kept saying the possibility of them having a shot at the endzone had it been ruled in their favor (regardless of two ways that it wouldn't have been) while it was under review. So would the review completely stop the clock for them to run another play?
Yeah!!! When the play was under review, I was thinking the same thing. If they would have allowed another play, thats a flaw in the system. I am glad you brought that up because I was wondering the same thing.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win for the Bills, havent posted on the Bills board yet, but I do read all yalls posts. Ive grown up in a Falcons household so thats what I grew to love.

But for the past 7 years I have always followed Buffalo and I guess you could say they are my # 2 team if that allowed. I usually hate when people have like 4 favorite teams so that why I stick to one, but after those first 2 wins this year its hard to not get excited.

Sorry for the rambling guys, just wanted to introduce myself, as I will post here and there.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Great win for the Bills, havent posted on the Bills board yet, but I do read all yalls posts. Ive grown up in a Falcons household so thats what I grew to love.

But for the past 7 years I have always followed Buffalo and I guess you could say they are my # 2 team if that allowed. I usually hate when people have like 4 favorite teams so that why I stick to one, but after those first 2 wins this year its hard to not get excited.

Sorry for the rambling guys, just wanted to introduce myself, as I will post here and there.
nice, welcome aboard.