Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought of this question today.

If you were dieing and one of your last requests is to be buried in a Bills Jersey. Who would it be? I know some obvious ones are Kelly, Thomas and Bruce, but lets make it a player currently on the roster.

I would do Lynch, but if this question was posed to me 4 years back, my answer would have been McGahee. That would have been a terrible decision because we all know what happened with McGahee

But what jersey would you want to wear forever?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post

If you were dieing and one of your last requests is to be buried in a Bills Jersey. Who would it be? I know some obvious ones are Kelly, Thomas and Bruce, but lets make it a player currently on the roster.

I would do Lynch, but if this question was posed to me 4 years back, my answer would have been McGahee. That would have been a terrible decision because we all know what happened with McGahee

OJ Simpson
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post

I revert to a Sabres jersey. Early 90's blue, Dale Hawerchuk. Score!

For any Bill it would be hard to pass up Thurmy, though there are so many good options in Reed, Talley, CB Triple, Tasker, Gilchrist, Metzelaars (damn right), or, of course, the great Nate Odomes.
Current player, I'd probably opt Poz for Polish purposes, and the man is a beast.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I revert to a Sabres jersey. Early 90's blue, Dale Hawerchuk. Score!

For any Bill it would be hard to pass up Thurmy, though there are so many good options in Reed, Talley, CB Triple, Tasker, Gilchrist, Metzelaars (damn right), or, of course, the great Nate Odomes.
Current player, I'd probably opt Poz for Polish purposes, and the man is a beast.
Poz is a good one. But I am going to go with Trent. I just get a tingly feeling when he throws the ball

Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ashton Youboty is done for the year now that he's on IR.

We also signed Teddy Lehman. He's familiar with Dick Jauron's scheme from Dick's days in Detroit. Hopefully he stays healthy and is a solid OLB for us
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked Lehman. I think he can be more than a replacement

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I've always liked Lehman. I think he can be more than a replacement
I hope he plays well and moves into our gaping hole at OLB
Old 11-08-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Lehman four years ago. Now my expectations are minimal.
Reggie Corner time, he and Fine are the rookie revolution for this team.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lehman will know Jauron's system, other than that he is very shaky at best. When you get beat out in Detroit, you have very little real talent.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Lehman will know Jauron's system, other than that he is very shaky at best. When you get beat out in Detroit, you have very little real talent.
Injuries had a lot to do with it but overall I agree. He has zero risk for us though and could end up paying huge dividends if he plays well
Old 11-09-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

We peaked in like week 7.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I'll say it again. If we ever want to be a contender we need a new QB. Trent Edwards has literally **** the bed since his concussion
Old 11-09-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't do **** against a 34 defense apparently. Run the ******* ball, our offensive game planning has been ****, every time we pass on first down and it goes incomplete its an obvious run and theres no audible, its been the same for the past 5 weeks. There hasn't been any deep passing at all either, the longest attempt was that first pick in the area of Evans. Our underneath passing game is **** because thats not what Evans and Hardy are about, the only receiver that works in the style of passing attack we're using is Reed. Parrish to a degree, but hes not a legit full time slot receiver. When our entire offense happens within 12 yards of the LOS its not hard to stop the run and thats why Lynch has been ****. Not to mention the offensive line has been far from impressive.

As for the defense, at least they are keeping us in games a bit. I know they gave up a 10 minute drive today, but hell, its not like the offense was giving them any time to rest today. I wouldn't mind as much if we hadn't started so hot. Before the season I thought we were a 6-10 or 7-9 team and thought that the playoff hops were a long shot still with our offense, then we had to go and win 4 straight and get my hopes up. Thanks a ******* lot, Buffalo...

We need to actually pick an offensive scheme and get players that work in it, thats the main problem we have, we have too many players that don't fit whatever the **** we're trying to do; and if we are going to keep Evans around for his contract, its going to have to attack defenses a lot more aggressively than this dink and dunk ******** we've done over the past 5 weeks. At least early in the season we were taking some shots down field and the combination of Jackson-Lynch was producing even though neither broke many yards, the combo did. Now they combo for 70 yards tops. I really hope that we can take advantage of that piece of **** Browns defense when I go watch the MNF game at the Ralph.

For the draft, I'd like to see us pick up Jermaine Gresham or any tight end in the first round; one with some athletic ability that we can use to attack the deep middle of the field but can still have speed to run crossing routes. Then in the second round we need to pick up either a dominating run blocking center or right guard. I'm thinking someone like Herman Johnson, Jonathan Luigs or Eric Woods. I don't care if we have to trade up to get them. Then later in the draft, pick up some depth along the defensive front seven and for the receiving core.

My ideal draft would be:
1- Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
2- Herman Johnson OG LSU
3- Roy Miller DT Texas
4- Will Davis DE Illinois
5- Edwin Williams C Maryland
6- Brian Toal LB Boston College
7- Mike Wallace WR Ole Miss

Sure it doesn't look flashy and has no picks at impact positions at all, but this draft can contribute all over our team in the two most important places, the offensive and defensive lines. Gresham is an okay blocker, but his primary role is as a receiver and he basically is just a bigger mismatch receiver and with his size and athleticism he is a mismatch all over the field. Then Herman Johnson could step in at right guard ahead of Brad Butler and contribute right away as well. He is huge and with good coaching he could be an awesome run blocking guard. Roy Miller is just a leader and I like him and hes not a great pass rusher, but he can push a pocket pretty well and plays with good technique and a constant effort for the entire game. He isn't a world beater, but hes just good and would be great in our rotation. Will Davis is just a talented pass rusher and we need more of them, because its obvious that neither Denney or Kelsay can beat anyone with their pass rush and without Schobel our pass rush basically relies on blitzing and hoping we get to the quarterback before they find an open receiver whose matched up man-man.

After that, Williams is mostly a hope and a prayer that he can develop into a talented player eventually. I honestly hope theres a good-great center on the market this year because Fowler and Preston are equally terrible. Toal is my excuse to get Corto the **** off the field. Sure he puts out a solid effort, but hes a dumb ****, he has at least 3 penalties this year that have really pissed me off just because they were pointless, dumb penalties. Then Wallace, he is a down field receiver that I've seen play a couple times and hes come up with some nice plays. Hes a good deep threat and I want us to stop with this stupid short game offense. I don't care if the pass protection is lacking, they need to step up their play if they want to keep playing. We're not going to win games if every drive relies on someone turning nothing into something by making a huge play after the catch or by assuming every drive can be 15 plays long and consume 6 minutes of playing time. It doesn't work and its obvious because as you all probably saw during the game today, we had the fewest 10+ play drives in the league going in with 9, I think we had one today so its 10 now, but ****, that means that the Raiders, the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Bengals and the Orlovsky led Lions have more sustained drives than we do and those teams all stretch the field more than we do and thats what the basis of their passing attacks are or want to be, attacking defenses.

Yes, I'm probably over exaggerating a bit, but ****, going from first to worst in 2 games kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I doubt we make the playoffs now and I'm going to guarantee that the Jets/Patriots/Ravens are 2 of the 3 wildcard teams in the AFC and the other one, either the Jets or Patriots obviously will take the division.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen most Bills games this year and that OL is just terrible. Sure, Edwards and Lynch both played poorly today and haven't been doing very well lately. And losing Schobel was a big blow. But that OL is awful. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the Patriots were getting penetration on almost every single running play. Peters in particular is playing pretty bad, guess holding out didn't do him any good huh?

The Bills desperately need a good interior lineman. IMO the bills should draft C Alex Mack in Round 1, Fowler/Preston are just average.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a disgrace

By the way, any person interested in buying a Monday NIght Ticket let me know

Old 11-09-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
What a disgrace

By the way, any person interested in buying a Monday NIght Ticket let me know
I wish I could buy it
Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Come on and fly over, I have an air mattress with your name all over it

Old 11-12-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Guys lets keep our heads up. Dont forget we are an above 500 team right now. Lets get pumped and psyched for the monday nighter. We see a lot of teams turn it around on Monday night. I guarantee we will have a great game. Who is with me!!!

And please stop with the whole "Trent isn't going to win us a championship". I couldn't name many 24 year old QB's that I would rather want than Trent. Our O-line is horrendous, which isn't Trent's fault. Our recievers are average without Reed. When Trent starts having more bad games than good ones, then we can worry. Young QB's are bound to have off games here and there.

I want to here the Ralph shake with noise!!! Lets get pumped and ready for our coming out party!!! Lets show the world we deserved that top 5 power ranking!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

1. Our receivers are average with Reed. Maybe. Lately they have been just bad.

2. How close is Trent to having more bad games than good? You can argue he's already there, as he's had 3 definite terrible games out of 7 on the year, and that's what we're dealing with right now. This isn't to get into an "is Trent our guy?" thing, but this issue just became somewhat prolonged and is definitely worrisome.

3. Our line is total poop. We just can't let a post go by without saying how much they blow.

4. F all that, it's winnin' time! MONDAY NIGHT!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I swear Jason Peters is playing horribly on purpose to avoid getting signed long term by Buffalo. I can just imagine us letting him walk and watching him dominate for someone else.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So how much longer does that go on for? 2 years?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
So how much longer does that go on for? 2 years?
Or until we decide to cut/trade him....which if he keeps playing like a revolving door may be the best option
Old 11-12-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I hate him so much. His fat, lazy, greedy ass deserves to be benched so badly. But when your top reserve (who isn't that great) is forced into playing guard and after that it's just the 7th round bastard, he can get away with being a total POS. We'd never do it anyway, and he probably wouldn't care so long as he got his "pittance" of a paycheck, but everything involving him since summer has just made me hate one of my former favorites.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 11-12-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

We should seriously look into trading him this offseason unless his play and attitude improve. I'm sure we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A this rate I'd rather have a 3rd rounder in the starting lineup than this "pro bowler"
Old 11-13-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
We should seriously look into trading him this offseason unless his play and attitude improve. I'm sure we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A this rate I'd rather have a 3rd rounder in the starting lineup than this "pro bowler"
I doubt we would get something that high. He has all the talent in the world, but would a team want a player that is playing bad on purpose? I just don't see that happening.