Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default Rey Maualuga

I haven't wathed him play much. Is he more of a 4-3 or 3-4 linebacker?
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's enough of an athlete to play either, although it seems he would have a little more opportunity to show of his range and versatility in a 4-3 scheme.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As PMD said, I believe he could succeed in both. As a Pats fan, I would love to see him play ILB in our 3-4 scheme. His size and athleticism make him great fits for either scheme. If he could end up with a team that puts a good, space eating DL in front of him (see Ray Lewis during the Ravens superbowl year), he could really do some great things.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cover 2 capable?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He weighs like 250 and he isn't that great in coverage, you don't see too many cover 2 ILBs that big. But than again he has some very good athleticism, I think he would be best as a 3-4 ILB or a 4-3 MLB.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How well does he compare to Dan Connor? Connor is ranked as the best LB in this upcoming draft. How good is Connor as a run stopper and in coverage, I havent seen many Penn St. games so i really don't know much about him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He weighs like 250 and he isn't that great in coverage, you don't see too many cover 2 ILBs that big. But than again he has some very good athleticism, I think he would be best as a 3-4 ILB or a 4-3 MLB.
I agree. He is a great thumper and takes on blocks well so a 3-4 might be his best fit. Next Levon Kirkland maybe? When he comes out for the draft he will be a top prospect but will probably still have questions about his coverage ability and his timed speed (even though his game speed is unquestionable).
Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will draft him.. Willis and Maualuga in the middle would be BEASTLY!!!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
How well does he compare to Dan Connor? Connor is ranked as the best LB in this upcoming draft. How good is Connor as a run stopper and in coverage, I havent seen many Penn St. games so i really don't know much about him
I think Connor is a better fit as an OLB or as a MLB in a cover 2. He's faster, better in coverage and blitzes pretty well also. He's an every down player.

Rey is bigger, stronger, better at the point and is a harder hitter. Personally I think Rey is the better prospect because linebackers with his size, athleticism and range come along so rarely but Connor certainly has the edge in some key categories.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
We will draft him.. Willis and Maualuga in the middle would be BEASTLY!!!
That would be amazing!!! Willis would be the cover guy and Maualuga would be the run stuffer. Just what you need out of your 3-4 ILB's.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maualuga needs to really become more disciplined if he wants to be an elite middle linebacker prospect in any scheme, but I'm holding off judgment for now until I see the leap he makes this year without Oscar Lua to battle with.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He hits like a truck- ask the UCLA QB
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Maualuga needs to really become more disciplined if he wants to be an elite middle linebacker prospect in any scheme, but I'm holding off judgment for now until I see the leap he makes this year without Oscar Lua to battle with.
I personally thought Maualuga was ALWAYS the better MLB out of the two.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
He hits like a truck- ask the UCLA QB
Haha I was actually at that game and that hit was definitely big, but what you dont see in the highlight was that Cowan was the FIRST player up out of that pile...he popped right up and ran towards his sideline yelling to pump up his team...Cowan played like a MAN that game...anyways on Maualuga Ive seen him play a lot of games and like many said hes huge and great against the run and takes on blockers well...his fault really is in coverage, not so much because he isnt a good enough athlete, but really its because he plays such an aggressive style and attacks the line of scrimmage HARD...if the play action is on, hes usually burned...on the other hand this is why hes so good against the run...so its a give and take I suppose
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I personally thought Maualuga was ALWAYS the better MLB out of the two.
Well, that's another debate for another day. Maualuga has more ability, but Lua was drastically harder to fool and stayed home much better than Rey did.

Rey has talent, but it is unfocused destructive talent at this point, and you want more than that from an elite middle linebacker.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Has as much natural ability as pretty much any linebacker I've seen, could be a top 5 pick.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

maualuga could play anywhere. hes is effin LUGS!

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote