Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-07-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Dub

who is better
Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I've been saying Grubbs over Blalock for the past few months. He was easily the better draft prospect and I think he will be a much better pro.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Personally I think it is Blalock. Grubbs is more mobile and can get out and block downfield and on the move better. But Blalock is stronger, more physical, plays with better base and is more versatile (can shift out to tackle in a pinch). I think Blalock was hurt (in the eyes of many draft observers) by the old player comparison models which kept comparing him to past very large guards (Elton Brown, Max Jean-Gilles) who dropped due to lack of quickness, work ethic and conditioning. Blalock despite the comparisons has a good work ethic, showed up to the combine in great shape, ran a very impressive 40 and isn't nearly as soft as the other guys mentioned.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I know Atlanta was planning to jump to #28 to take Blalock, and not Grubbs. Fortunately things fell perfectly so the Falcons got him anyway.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Grubbs better, I have said this before the draft, that I liked Grubbs athletisicm over Blaylock
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think blaylock was the better college player and guard right now, but wat grubbs struggles with is form and technique... that can be fixed and in the long run, grubbs looks like the better guard

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Too bad Arron Sears is better than both
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCshutEmDown View Post
Too bad Arron Sears is better than both
When did you come to that conclusion? Before or after the Bucs took him? I have a suspicion that it was the latter.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
who is better
Depends on the system you run.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Currently Blaylock is better. Grubbs hasnt played the position very long and had great potential to go along with his allready above average skills. When there done I think Grubbs will pass him.

I see Blaylock in the mold of Andrews the OG from the Eagles.
Grubbs reminds me of Davin Joseph. For some reason I allways assumed Grubbs would make a better LG and Blaylock was only a RG. Just an opinion tho.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
Personally I think it is Blalock. Grubbs is more mobile and can get out and block downfield and on the move better. But Blalock is stronger, more physical, plays with better base and is more versatile (can shift out to tackle in a pinch). I think Blalock was hurt (in the eyes of many draft observers) by the old player comparison models which kept comparing him to past very large guards (Elton Brown, Max Jean-Gilles) who dropped due to lack of quickness, work ethic and conditioning. Blalock despite the comparisons has a good work ethic, showed up to the combine in great shape, ran a very impressive 40 and isn't nearly as soft as the other guys mentioned.
I havent seen to many OG's for awhile that have a base that Blaylock has. In his highlight video, his base, technique and strength didnt allow anyone to even push him back.

i wanted Blaylock so bad in the draft. I was begging the Browns to take him early in RD2 but we traded the pic.

Kinda weird, but last week this would have been an nfldraft discussion, now it can almost go in the NFL threads.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ben grubbs

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
RavensFan

i like grubbs more and i wanted him when we picked.. i also like blaylock but i think the athleticism of grubbs and his potential make him a better pick
Old 05-07-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Blalock is a tackle...he was trained as a tackle and played it until there were injuries on the Texas offensive line and he moved over for the betterment of the team because the backup tackle was farther along than the backup guard so he moved over. As far as between the two I like Blalock for our system, his power is incredible and technique is already impeccable. The fact that he hasn't allowed a sack in 27 straight games is incredible...that's over 2 years folks...part of Sophomore, all of Junior and all of Senior...that's amazing. I know Grubbs is a great athlete for the position, but I like the package that Blalock brings to the table.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Overall, it is schematically driven decision. However, I thought Grubbs was a better prospect. Either way I think both will be excellent players.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
iKNOW

blalock can play tackle but is not a tackle. he doesnt have the ideal size or mobility. tremendous strength. i like blalock due to his ability to play either but will excel at guard. i dont think either really deserved to get picked in the first due to the position that they play.

blalock looks soft around the middle. i've seen him in person many times and has never been otherwise despite reports saying he is in the best shape etc etc.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
When did you come to that conclusion? Before or after the Bucs took him? I have a suspicion that it was the latter.
He is a dirty homer. I've seen a dozen or so of his posts completely lopsided to a perspective that benefits the Buc's.

I honestly don't know who is better but I think Sears does at least deserve a mention with Blalock and Grubbs.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Oh, I agree that Sears is in the ballpark. I just like calling people out.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For me I wasn't a fan of Arron Sears as a guard prospect. I really didn't mind him as a Tackle prospect though. But as a guard I was not a big fan of his for some reason. That hasn't changed at all, except now I think his mobility limits him to a Guard prospect, but he has great strength so he could work out for Tampa.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Oh, I agree that Sears is in the ballpark. I just like calling people out.
You're slowly developing into njx.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Grubbs WAY OVER Blalock.

He plays with more fundamentals.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well being a Ravens fan I am glad we took Grubbs. He is not just a good player, but a good character as well. Grubbs has the body to put on another 10-15lbs and not lose his athleticism and is not just a road grader type he has good technique as well.
I think Blaylock will be a good player but I think that Grubbs will be better in the long run.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
leoobeid32

Obviously Grubbs. but blalock is good too
Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
You're slowly developing into njx.
Funny you should say that, I mentioned in another thread that I am becoming jaded just like him.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Blalcok, a veristal raodgrader who can play RT or Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote