Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneMaster67 View Post
What do you guys think are the chances of D'Qwell Jackson signing with the Broncos?
He's in Denver tonight and tomorrow, so we have a shot. It certainly would be nice to have a real MLB again.

UPDATE: Looks like it was a decent visit, with Manning and others showing up to meet with the veteran LB...

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/440655479874666496

Last edited by Diehard : 03-03-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hester anyone? Has to be a better punt return option than anyone else we have.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

on the plus side, holliday is gone. so now someone else can fumble every other punt return.

kind of meh on hester. i think he'll cost way more than he's worth.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like Denver missed out on Jackson. It's a shame, he could have been very helpful.

I believe Hester is passed it.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
on the plus side, holliday is gone. so now someone else can fumble every other punt return.

kind of meh on hester. i think he'll cost way more than he's worth.
What about Golden Tate? He is a great punt returner and knows how to run a crossing route. He isnt exactly a like for like replacement for Decker, but is perhaps a more useful weapon with his speed and yac skills.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

meh. honestly, i just don't like him. i have no good reason for it. i think he's massively overrated by the "seattle is the greatest team in nfl history at everything" club that's formed since most of seattle remembered they had a football team this year. but i'd be happier signing him for the massive discount he'd be over crying-about-PI decker.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'm pretty ok with tj ward. wish we had news on drc, though.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i'm pretty ok with tj ward. wish we had news on drc, though.
I was hoping for Byrd to play centerfield, but I'll take Ward if they can work out a way to get DRC back, and sign Alterraun Verner.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I have to believe we will get one of the top corners, whether DRC returns or if not then one of the other ones. It is a huge need and there are quite a few decent FA corners available.

Ward is a great signing, considering how big an upgrade and the price we got him at.

The Jared Allen rumors are still pretty strong.

Interesting to see if (and who) we try and sign at MLB.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneMaster67 View Post
I was hoping for Byrd to play centerfield, but I'll take Ward if they can work out a way to get DRC back, and sign Alterraun Verner.
i think they must think rahim is ok in center, as long as they can get a hitter in front of him. and apparently ward was vastly better in coverage last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I have to believe we will get one of the top corners, whether DRC returns or if not then one of the other ones. It is a huge need and there are quite a few decent FA corners available.
i'd hate to lose DRC, only to pay a one year wonder (verner) more. they really need to keep DRC *and* add a corner, if they want to make a run this year. i'd kill to get revis on a one year rental contract, get a super bowl with peyton, and be able to use the draft for life-after-peyton.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

meant to add, getting ward for cheaper than whitner was a major coup.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

so Marshall Faulk thinks Elway should get Ware, Peppers and Allen in a room together to convince them to take cap-friendly deals and all come to Denver to win a superbowl.

I could be down with that.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

we're currently the favorites for ware, so there's that. i dunno how he'd fit as a 43 DE, though.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

So apparently we are the big players in FA. Talib signed now too. I wonder how much space that is going to leave to go after Ware/Allen/Peppers, a LB and another cb????
Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

if the talib deal means we lose DRC, then we're ******* stupid and elway has actively made the team worse.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
if the talib deal means we lose DRC, then we're ******* stupid and elway has actively made the team worse.
they are kind of a wash for me.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i don't think talib is that good. and he's utterly unreliable.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you guys plan on running some hybrid or O/U 43 looks. Miller and Ware not rushing together would be a waste.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was an important piece for the Pats - that their hopes in the playoff game pretty much disintegrated when he was injured says a lot. My concern is more on the reliability side of things - when was the last time he played all 16 games in a season?

Anyway, the team has made serious moves to improve the secondary. I was concerned they wouldn't have the fortitude to even cut Champ, so I'm relatively pleased with how things have played out so far.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

and talks with DRC are over.

awesome.

so we've added a player who doesn't have a position in our defense, we've dramatically overpaid for a cb who hasn't played a full season in his career and is a known headcase, and let go of a guy who did play well in our system last year.

what's next? we release clady, draft kelvin benjamin in the first, and **** off in the playoffs for a 3rd straight year? terrible job by the front office so far, and they've only signed three players. it'll be really entertaining to see how much worse it can actually get.

ETA: he was important because they literally had the worst secondary i can remember seeing on an nfl team. he was the only part of it that wasn't terrible. he's still a step back, imo, without even getting into the durability issues already mentioned.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I hope you guys plan on running some hybrid or O/U 43 looks. Miller and Ware not rushing together would be a waste.
I think Ware will take the spot that we've been trying to fill since Doom left - weakside DE. Then we'll go back to running more 4-3 under with our base personnel. In the nickel, Ware and Miller would be the ends.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty happy when I heard we got Talib, I thought it was on a 1 or 2 year deal though, not super thrilled about the deal though.

Verner got 26.5 over 4 which you compare to Talib's 57 over 6, crazy.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I think today has been pretty good. Not convinced the Talib deal is great, but we are about even at CB from last year IMO. We are also upgraded significantly at ss on a seemingly good value deal.

If we sign Ware then we are also significantly upgraded at pass rush.

At this stage it appears our def will be at least noticeably improved from last year, with the possibility on being vastly improved depending on how these other FA signings pan out.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Apparently we had 8 mil a year on the table for DRC.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Apparently we had 8 mil a year on the table for DRC.
i'm slightly less annoyed then, that he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I think Ware will take the spot that we've been trying to fill since Doom left - weakside DE. Then we'll go back to running more 4-3 under with our base personnel. In the nickel, Ware and Miller would be the ends.
meh. i just don't think ware is a 43 DE. maybe i'm totally off base and he's played with his hand down enough that it won't be a weird transition, but it feels like drafting ayers for a 34 to me.