Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

they were too terrible this season. apparently we both needed to make the playoffs for that to happen?
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not Oakland, CA
Posts: 21,165
Reputation: 2454011
nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

plus he played with foxworth which cant hurt

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.
Just curious because I have been known to be out of the loop. But off the top of my head (which isn't very accurate this late, but I'm too lazy to check) I would think that you guys need at least a FS and a nickelback if Foxworth is expected to take Williams' place as starting CB oppposite Bailey. Again, this is just thinking off the top of my head, but I can't think of anyone else past Bailey and Foxworth at CB and I can't think of an in-house replacement for Lynch.
Karl Paymah (drafted in the same class) would likely assume the nickel spot. Curome Cox is looking like Lynch's current heir apparent. safety is probably a need, but given the other holes, i just don't see it as a first round problem unless the first twenty picks are all defensive linemen and running backs.
Oh yeah. Paymah. I knew you guys had taken 3 that year. Where on the defensive line are you looking to address?
__________________

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,273
Reputation: 146412
Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

plus he played with foxworth which cant hurt

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.
Just curious because I have been known to be out of the loop. But off the top of my head (which isn't very accurate this late, but I'm too lazy to check) I would think that you guys need at least a FS and a nickelback if Foxworth is expected to take Williams' place as starting CB oppposite Bailey. Again, this is just thinking off the top of my head, but I can't think of anyone else past Bailey and Foxworth at CB and I can't think of an in-house replacement for Lynch.
Karl Paymah (drafted in the same class) would likely assume the nickel spot. Curome Cox is looking like Lynch's current heir apparent. safety is probably a need, but given the other holes, i just don't see it as a first round problem unless the first twenty picks are all defensive linemen and running backs.
Oh yeah. Paymah. I knew you guys had taken 3 that year. Where on the defensive line are you looking to address?
we need a pass rush. the unfortunate part is that our best end. Ekuban or llang, debatable, get hardly enough pass rush. Our back up is the best pass rusher on the team (dumervil) We need a dominating pass rush either at DT, hard to find, or at the other end. Dumervil will eventually get a lot more time next year. he had a sack almost every other game
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

we need a DT badly. warren was hit and miss (weird, eh?) and the rest of the crew was, as far as i could tell, watching from the sidelines.

we also need a good DE.

both should be able to collapse a pocket in some manner, or at least be talented enough in other ways to allow dumervil and ekuban to get more favorable matchups.
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not Oakland, CA
Posts: 21,165
Reputation: 2454011
nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
we need a DT badly. warren was hit and miss (weird, eh?) and the rest of the crew was, as far as i could tell, watching from the sidelines.

we also need a good DE.

both should be able to collapse a pocket in some manner, or at least be talented enough in other ways to allow dumervil and ekuban to get more favorable matchups.
How do you feel about somehow getting Alan Branch?
__________________

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,840
Reputation: 80045
CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

JIM BATES!! WOOO HOO!!!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...270952,00.html

also very important thing to notice in the article near the bottom

Quote:
Pete Rodriguez, whom Shanahan previously tried to hire as defensive coordinator and was fired earlier this month by the Jacksonville Jaguars, could be hired to be the team’s special teams coach.

Rodriguez is considered one of the best special-teams coaches in the league.
How great would it be to get a good special teams coach in Denver.

Now all we need is a DL coach, and Alex Gibbs!
__________________
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,273
Reputation: 146412
Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan
JIM BATES!! WOOO HOO!!!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...270952,00.html

also very important thing to notice in the article near the bottom

Quote:
Pete Rodriguez, whom Shanahan previously tried to hire as defensive coordinator and was fired earlier this month by the Jacksonville Jaguars, could be hired to be the team’s special teams coach.

Rodriguez is considered one of the best special-teams coaches in the league.
How great would it be to get a good special teams coach in Denver.

Now all we need is a DL coach, and Alex Gibbs!

its nice that we are actually using money on coaches ...
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not rocking the Barry Bonds asterisk
Posts: 8,615
Reputation: 449
elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
we need a DT badly. warren was hit and miss (weird, eh?) and the rest of the crew was, as far as i could tell, watching from the sidelines.

we also need a good DE.

both should be able to collapse a pocket in some manner, or at least be talented enough in other ways to allow dumervil and ekuban to get more favorable matchups.
How do you feel about somehow getting Alan Branch?
Personally I would love the move getting Branch, even if he may not be the pass rusher we need. I doubt though he'll some how fall from where he's predicted to be in the draft though(10-15) range, to 21.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

i would kill to get branch, although i'm honestly more and more happy with the idea of getting okoye if he falls. he'd be a good rotational guy his rookie year, but i think he'd grow into what we need.

also, any word on whether bates plans to waste champ bailey in his old cover 2 schemes?
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,840
Reputation: 80045
CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i would kill to get branch, although i'm honestly more and more happy with the idea of getting okoye if he falls. he'd be a good rotational guy his rookie year, but i think he'd grow into what we need.

also, any word on whether bates plans to waste champ bailey in his old cover 2 schemes?
I thought bates was a bump and run, blitz guy. not exactly sure though
__________________
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,273
Reputation: 146412
Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i swear to god, if we run any more zone than this year :evil:
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i would kill to get branch, although i'm honestly more and more happy with the idea of getting okoye if he falls. he'd be a good rotational guy his rookie year, but i think he'd grow into what we need.

also, any word on whether bates plans to waste champ bailey in his old cover 2 schemes?
I thought bates was a bump and run, blitz guy. not exactly sure though
that's not the rumor i've heard, although, like i said, i've been hearing rumors, nothing substantiated so far.
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

MOVED FROM ANOTHER DISCUSSION

- for the sole sake of getting this trash out of a different thread (the team needs thread on the Mock Drafts board, if you want history, if not, skip down a few lines to his reasoning as to why denver WILL [his words] draft a CB in the first this year), and also because i want to know what you guys think:

like it or not, i'm going to quote this garbage because i'm sick of arguing it. i feel like i'm back to last year, telling people why denver wouldn't draft a TE in the first round. boy was i wrong then, too. :roll:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08
You seem pretty heated and want to tell everyone their stupid.
who have i called stupid? i've called the pick stupid. i've called the reasoning asinine. i have not called a single person stupid for having a bad opinion.

Quote:
no I dont want to go into the broncos forum because I'm not a fan of the Broncos and you would simply ruin that one the same as you have this one saying im stupid and I'm sure as broncos fans you know for a fact a bigger area of need because you watch EVERY GAME and tape it and run through film with the team. (/sarcasm)
because you know you're wrong and that everyone who actually knows something about the team would tell you so. you think that hiding out in this thread makes you safe. speaking of ruining threads, you were the guy who started this argument in here. now you don't want to finish it? cute.

Quote:
Why should people explain themselves to you more than they already have, if they dont want to
because saying "you don't know anything you're just a guy on a message board and mel kiper is never wrong except when he is and the mock he just put up on his site is exactly what's going to happen and isn't generated to make him money but i'm right because i know absoltuely nothing about your team but i'm making a statement of fact and i'm right" is pathetic. because if you're going to pick a fight (remember, YOU picked the fight) you should at least have the balls to defend it by, you know, responding to arguments the other person makes. you just keep saying that we need a CB because we only have 3 on the roster and that the only logical way to get one is to take one in the first.

Quote:
-darrent williams died, yes oh my god again! blow a gasket (as the # 2 CB for the Broncos he leaves the position in a much worse situation than last season; and if the pass coverage disapates on one side and the pass rush is better will that make the D better at all? NO. it will make teams throw (not at bailey) and run on you.)
*shakes head* so because he was our #2, we clearly have no one on the team capable of filling that spot? is that what you're saying? so when the bills inevitably lose clements, they'll obviously be drafting a CB in the first right? just like the patriots will when they lose samuel? just like the packers did when they lost mckenzie? should i keep going here, or have you finally realized that it is not undeniable truth that a team has to fill it's #2 corner spot with a 1st round draft pick when said player leaves the team for whatever reason?

fine, i'll keep going. the patriots lost ty law - they did NOT draft a CB in the first round. the year the redskins lost bailey? they drafted a safety.

clearly a team that loses its #1/#2 CB always drafts a replacement in the first round that next draft. :roll:

Quote:
-Foxworth who was your nickelback was not good at #2 in 2005
what in the hell gave you that idea? and how is his ROOKIE SEASON relevant to his THIRD SEASON in the league?

Quote:
so bringing in another CB given THE BRONCOS POSITION IN THE DRAFT would help bolster the Secondary.
so would bringing one in in the 2nd round, especially with what looks to me like a weak DB class. actually, it sounds like a much BETTER idea to draft a guy at closer to value in the second, and to take a defensive lineman, a position WE ACTUALLY NEED in the first, where there appears to be excellent value at this point in the offseason. are you paying attention? i'm getting really sick of repeating what the broncos needs are.

Quote:
up until Williams died this was not the problem the Broncos had to fix but they should get the secondary back to where it was talentwise and then address the Defensive issues of 2006 as their entire draft save 1 maybe 2 picks could be taken on defense.
you prove again that you know next to nothing about the team. props. denver needs, with it's seven picks, DT/DE, RB, WR, LT/RT, S, CB. at least three picks should be spent on the offense.

Quote:
-DL is a very deep position in this years draft.
so we should settle for more second tier players when what we've needed for years is a top tier guy and moreso when we realistically just need DEPTH at CB?

Quote:
Don't try and quote the sh!t out of me.
whoops. :roll: i forgot that i'm here to NOT retort to fights other people picked.

Quote:
i dont want to hear it because this is the last time I'm saying anything to you.
yippee? it's probably better for you that you don't.

Quote:
I saw McShay's draft and posted the pick to prove you shouldn't throw around terms like stupid or knowing. When the Broncos draft a CB will you ask for a detailed explination from them?
when? you sound so sure. now you're trying to pretend you're kiper? cute role change after getting pissed because you thought i was. if the broncos drafted a CB in the first, i would call them stupid. it wouldn't be the first time, it likely won't be the last. and it wouldn't improve the team nearly as much as any number of other positions.

but it's cool. the great thing about this country is that you can believe whatever you want to, no matter how wrong you are.
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,876
Reputation: 22715
Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

that kid a moron
__________________
Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,427
Reputation: 175801
49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

njx, about your comment about not drafting a TE. I thought they were? I read a rumor that they wanted to trade up for vernon davis.

Either way false or true, the broncos still ended up with a great TE in scheffler.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

i never saw anything verifiable in that rumor.

and yeah, i like scheff, we just didn't need to take marcedes lewis or leonard bloody pope in the first round. you have no idea (or maybe you do if you were lurking) how many times i had to argue with people about it.
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 332
Reputation: 67
M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

"Consider the source."

Let it go. At some point, you have to quit arguing with gramatically challenged individuals (I did not make an ebonics comment as that would be insensitive) and just let them sound off. Who cares, most people that are involved on this site, know who has an opinion that is worth their time to read, and who has an opinion that is worth skipping. Their opinion does not matter and we all know it so let it go.

As far as the draft, I look at Shanahan and while we have many needs, and little depth in few positions, I go back to the fact that he would not put in his starting running back in the 4th quarter. What does that make us think about the confidence the coach has in the starting RB. Do you really think we will go into the season with Mike Bell as our starter. Something has to give - that is my observation. I am not saying that we will draft a RB in 1st round, but something has to give.

Obviously both Offensive and Defensive line have to make changes, how many years have we said that to no avail, but I believe that RB is a priority to the coaching staff, and thus worth watching.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,840
Reputation: 80045
CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i never saw anything verifiable in that rumor.

and yeah, i like scheff, we just didn't need to take marcedes lewis or leonard bloody pope in the first round. you have no idea (or maybe you do if you were lurking) how many times i had to argue with people about it.
Just about every thread njx9 I would see you saying something about the TE being a bad pick last year. It seems this year we're gonna have to complain in every thread about them giving us a cornerback. It really doesn't make sense to draft a nickleback in the first round.
__________________
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,273
Reputation: 146412
Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

was anyone aware that we picked up teyo johnson???

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...8&storyID=6488

and too bad about eslinger, i still see him as the future at that center spot
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not rocking the Barry Bonds asterisk
Posts: 8,615
Reputation: 449
elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I think we should just look into FA for CB depth.I would love us getting Asante Samuel.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,273
Reputation: 146412
Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Asante Samuel.
Any player that chooses to play opposite bailey is commiting career suicide. with the numbers asante put up this year, it would be a bad move for him. He has no reason to come here.. he put up 10 INTs, and he wants #1 corner money. if he wants to come here, sweet, but we would have to pay him a lot, and he would get picked on a lot more, and his play would diminish with bailey on the other side.

Id love to have him.. it just wouldnt be a good move on his part
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,252
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...278527,00.html

Quote:
The Broncos and Johnson have agreed in principle and Johnson could be formally announced as soon as Monday as a new Broncos defensive line coach.
Good hire.

Quote:
Falcons defense end Patrick Kerney, who will be an unrestricted free agent in March, has said publicly the Falcons retaining Johnson would be one of the factors he would consider before re-signing in Atlanta.

The Broncos hiring Johnson could give them a chance in free agency at Kerney at what is a need position for the team.
That could be an even bigger hire, if he gets Kerney to follow him.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:28 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Let it go. At some point, you have to quit arguing with gramatically challenged individuals (I did not make an ebonics comment as that would be insensitive) and just let them sound off. Who cares, most people that are involved on this site, know who has an opinion that is worth their time to read, and who has an opinion that is worth skipping. Their opinion does not matter and we all know it so let it go.
taking the high road? hmmm... i'll have to consider it. it would be breaking with habit. :|
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Falcons defense end Patrick Kerney, who will be an unrestricted free agent in March, has said publicly the Falcons retaining Johnson would be one of the factors he would consider before re-signing in Atlanta.

The Broncos hiring Johnson could give them a chance in free agency at Kerney at what is a need position for the team.
That could be an even bigger hire, if he gets Kerney to follow him.
wow, great catch. tell me about kerney? is he still worth the money it would take to sign him? i don't recall hearing you guys talk about him much, but i may have just skimmed past it.
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:32 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,008
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Asante Samuel.
Any player that chooses to play opposite bailey is commiting career suicide. with the numbers asante put up this year, it would be a bad move for him. He has no reason to come here.. he put up 10 INTs, and he wants #1 corner money. if he wants to come here, sweet, but we would have to pay him a lot, and he would get picked on a lot more, and his play would diminish with bailey on the other side.

Id love to have him.. it just wouldnt be a good move on his part
asante samuel will end up costing far more than we can really pay a #2 corner. we should be looking to target some of the second tier guys, randall gay, nick harper, whoever we can get for a lower contract. i believe that foxworth can be a solid #2 and, honestly, i'd like to see paymah get a chance at nickel. i sort of believe in grabbing a 6th round guy (assuming there is not outstanding value at the position in the 3rd or 5th round) and signing a couple of UDFAs to fight it out in training camp.
__________________
i can't rep people anymore because vbulletin sucks.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.