Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lol 4 guns n a bottle of goose. sounds like my cousin every fri nite lol.

but anyway, we needed to beat jville in ther worst way. we couldnt capitalize on SD losing n dropping to 1-2. granted were in the lead, but i wanted a 2 game lead over the chargers (now we got indy then the chargers i think i read in the other thread)
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have a mock draft up coming soon for the Broncos, it'll be different than most, but it's almost a given Henry is done as a Bronco.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is Champ playing this weekend?? (hope not)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Champ is still up in the air...

... but, looks like Walker is out

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...291174909.html

Bad -> Worse

I hate this season.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
... but, looks like Walker is out

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_...291174909.html

Bad -> Worse

I hate this season.
hooray. Walker is for some reason Ike Taylor's worst enemy. it sucks he is hurt and all but woo hoo.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me angry. Well, it looks like I was wrong about Phillips being out of our reach, we should be in prime position to get him. Or maybe even Dorsey or Ellis, that would be sick. And njx, have you forgot or something? It's all Cutler's fault. The fact that the defense has sucked ever since he began starting(and 2 games before) and we scored more points with him than Plummer could dream of, it's all Cutler's fault. It has nothing to do with coaching, ****** defense, receivers dropping balls, or anything like that. It's all on Cutler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of interesting...
Quote:
In May, Major League Baseball announced that it had chosen a new schedule for its World Series games on Fox, one that called for a potential Game 5 to be played on a Monday night, opposite the ESPN's "Monday Night Football" game between the Green Bay Packers and the Denver Broncos on Oct. 29 at Invesco Field at Mile High.
On Monday, the Colorado Rockies beat the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 4 of the National League Championship Series, setting up the possibility of a World Series game being played that same day at Coors Field in the same city, just two miles away from the football game. The football game is scheduled to start one-half hour after the baseball game begins.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=676447
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...726376,00.html

Huh.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

steelers at our house sunday nite...
at the beginning of the season i honestly predicted us to win by 14.
i also predicted us to be 4-1 rite now.

ill leave that to the experts, i am not looking forward to this game. i love watching my team on tv especially when im in wisconsin i dont see very many. i havent seen them win yet, this week is a doubtful game without walker. then we have the packers, if we lose that game ill never hear the end of it. please god light a fire on our team and get us rollin
Old 10-20-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

outta curiosity.. how would you feel about getting mcfadden or ray rice or mike hart in the draft?
granted we need help elsewhere but is just a thought

i also realize we would have to get ride of shanny in order to get someone like mcfadden. i like the one cut rule but i also like dynamic running. just wanna hear your thoughts rite now.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Hart would be perrrrrrrrfect. And a third round guy, potentially. First two rounds, we gotta go defense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7358452

Quote:
The Broncos spent the bye week junking defensive coordinator Jim Bates' system and going back to what they played last season. "We just don't have the personnel to play it," said one Denver insider.
I'd like to see this confirmed from another, more credible source, before fully believing it.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My observations.

DJ Williams looked like a faster version Al last night (regardless of that lucky pick)

Dre Bly- Is getting torched more then he should because he is playing aside Bailey. Last night he didn't have #24, and He should have had 2 picks, which shows the of player he is (i know you already know)

Jay Cutler- May not fit our system. His stats were very misleading up to the last 10 minutes. Cutler was playing very mediocre, we just happened to convert several key 3rd downs. He can't continue to make those plays.These are his stats last night if he doesn't make those throws and tucks it and runs. 22-27 248 Yards 3 TD

Brandon Marshall- Is our best reciever. IMO he has eclipsed Javon (a healthy javon) in terms of talent. so how bout we use him like javon?

Elvis Dumervil- Needs to play every down, or almost every down. Did you see what happened last night? We got initial pressure on Toothlessberger every play. We either need to blitz LB up a middle gap, or have the DT play the middle of the field, because Ben just barely avoided getting sacked, stepped up and either ran or threw it to a reciever who made a cut

O line- sucks.

Nick Ferguson- Worst Tackling 35 year old safety that can't do anything but tackle in the nfl. Good for nothing. Gets torched deep, misses easy tackles in the backfield, and missed 3-4 others every game.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos
Everything, EVERYTHING tells me the Steelers win this game. The Broncos run defense is abysmal and the Steelers love to run with Willie Parker. The Broncos are missing their best playmaker in Javon Walker, in a game against a good Steelers defense. But I'm going with the gut feeling again, it's telling me the Broncos will win this game. The Broncos are desperate for a win, and Mike Shanahan and the team have spent two weeks getting ready for this game. You don't want Mike Shanahan having that much time to gameplan against you, especially when he beat you the year before. Meanwhile Jim Bates has had more time to work on the defense and get things gelled. And the Broncos are playing at home, I think they come out of Sunday Night Football with a great and much-needed win. Broncos 24, Steelers 20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Just checked, Mike Shanahan's record following a bye is 9-3. The last loss was in 2002 against Oakland, since then it's 4-0 with last year's game being a 13-3 victory over the Baltimore Ravens last year.
omg I'm so proud of myself! :p

Excellent win for the Broncos last night, they needed it. Make the playoffs and eliminate the Patriots pls.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nothing would make me happier than ruining my roommate's life with a rockies world series win and a patriots loss in the playoffs to the broncos.
LMAO.

I honestly have no idea what would make me happier. Beating these "Patriots" or beating the Red Sox...

I like how the Broncos looked yesterday. Some of Cutler's passes were awkward but he played well overall against a good Steelers team. HOpefully this is a sign of things to come. Btw, I LOVED our pass rush last night.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
LMAO.

I honestly have no idea what would make me happier. Beating these "Patriots" or beating the Red Sox...

I like how the Broncos looked yesterday. Some of Cutler's passes were awkward but he played well overall against a good Steelers team. HOpefully this is a sign of things to come. Btw, I LOVED our pass rush last night.
Yeah, and with Cutler, like, that's the best defense he's played, probably in his career. And he had a very good game. He threw two picks, but he's a guy who's gonna take chances sometimes so he'll never have Brady or Peyton Manningesque INT numbers. Obviously they should go sown with time, but you have to take the good with the bad. Another thing I loved is we *gasp* threw in the redzone, and it got us two TDs(maybe three, I didnt see the first throw).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Another thing I loved is we *gasp* threw in the redzone, and it got us two TDs(maybe three, I didnt see the first throw).
Yes, that was critical. The zone running scheme isn't nearly as effective at the goal line, and for years Denver has compensated by going play-action to the FB or TE on the goal line (usually on second down). I don't know why Shanny ever got away from that.

Even better was the pass to Stokley for the first TD. Cutler has a great arm, and Shanny should make the most out of it. Take shots at the endzone from 20 yards out - keep the defense honest.

I know Shanahan wants to be a run-first team, but the weapons we have now just cry out for an aerial attack. The pass can set up the run, just grab a quick lead through the air and then starting pounding away with the running game.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

i think we could finish the season 12-4, seriously. yeah i know its a stretch but if we play as good as were capable of, i think we can pull it off. we have..

Packers - only weapon on o is passing. our seconday easily trumps that with champ back.

Lions - Similar situation, shut down roy will and cj and force them to run.

(dont know if this is the exact schedule)
Chiefs - larry johnsons been playin pretty poorly, but so was lt before us. they cant stop us on o.
Vikings - eh, AD will slow down eventually.
Chargers - our only loss. they beat us 41-3 at our house. cant wait to see what happens there... :(
Bears - Keep Hester outta the game. Grossman and Griese can possibly pick our D apart, and Benson has been nothing special so far.
Raiders - Ha.

thats my quick prediction, im not sure if thats the order of the games but ik we play them (chiefs x2)

this would be so sweet.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
i think we could finish the season 12-4, seriously. yeah i know its a stretch but if we play as good as were capable of, i think we can pull it off. we have..

Packers - only weapon on o is passing. our seconday easily trumps that with champ back.

Lions - Similar situation, shut down roy will and cj and force them to run.

(dont know if this is the exact schedule)
Chiefs - larry johnsons been playin pretty poorly, but so was lt before us. they cant stop us on o.
Vikings - eh, AD will slow down eventually.
Chargers - our only loss. they beat us 41-3 at our house. cant wait to see what happens there... :(
Bears - Keep Hester outta the game. Grossman and Griese can possibly pick our D apart, and Benson has been nothing special so far.
Raiders - Ha.

thats my quick prediction, im not sure if thats the order of the games but ik we play them (chiefs x2)

this would be so sweet.
I think you're crazy. 11-5 is the best realistically we can get, but most likely we'll finish either 9-7 or 10-6. Our defense did great in the lights off of a bye week, but it could have been a total fluke against a Steelers team that clearly came in underestimating us. If anything, you could easily reverse all of your situations against us... for example:

vs. GB: Sure they don't run the ball well, but their defense is not too bad and if Favre can just throw down the middle and fake out Bly for a few long balls they could win.

@Det: This one I do think we will win, but the Broncos often play down to a lower team's level. If they play without well preparation and focus against a Detroit team with a motivating Kitna on the road, we could lose.

@KC: This one I can almost guarantee we lose. We are horrible at Arrowhead during winter time. Also, as you mentioned, LT didn't do well until against us. I could see LJ still ripping us.

vs. Ten: One thing we have been horrible against is a QB that can scramble. VY can do that. Also, the Titans have a very underrated defense. Their defensive line with Haynesworth can pass rush, stop the run, and deflect passes at the line (I can see a tipped INT).

@Chi: Their defense hasn't been the same, but it has many weeks to fix itself before us. After what Peterson did to them, I doubt they allow a debacle like that to ever happen again, especially at home. Also, Griese has been serviceable. We won't get a gimme from him like we would from Grossman.

@Oak: We should win this, but never overlook a rival team on the road no matter how bad they are. They will always play extra hard. Hell, they almost beat us at home didnt they?

vs. KC: As good as KC is at Arrowhead, they are just as bad at Invesco. I see us winning this one, but I don't know how good KC is... they've been doing well recently and beat a SD team at SD that womped us 41-3 at Invesco.

@Hou: A very underrated team. Everyone still thinks everyone can just get an automatic win over them but that's not the case. With a big chance to avenge ourselves against SD the following week, we could very well be under prepared against a talented Houston team.

@SD: They destroyed us before, and we've lost about 4 in a row against them I believe. This will be a very tough game especially if both SD and we are in the hunt for the AFC West division.

vs. Min: AD is a stud. Just because it's the last game we can't expect a team to not try it's best (pending on if Minnisota is definitively out of the playoffs or secured in the playoffs)... refer to the San Fran game last season.

Of course, I don't totally disagree with you. I don't think we'll lose all our games either, as I like to be a realistic optimist, but it's good to keep it real man.

Last edited by Namy : 10-26-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
if shanny (and bates) coaches the way he did in the first 5 games, we'll be lucky to go 7-9. if they actually actively coach the team (i.e. realizing that running up the middle 4 straight times everytime we're in the red zone hasn't worked all year and will likely never work all year) i can see a 9-7 season.

but face it, we just don't have the talent on defense or on the offensive line to win 11 games, barring MASSIVE breakdowns by our opponents.
I think we have talent, but much of our talent is just inexperienced, especially at key positions. Our entire DLine is young. Our QB is young. Marshall and Scheffler are young. DJ is still not used to the MLB position. I think if our players can learn fast, we can be a solid unit. We shall see. And I think we still need to blitz more until our DLinemen can prove otherwise.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

As a Travis Henry fantasy owner, I don't believe the Broncos have at any time so far ran four straight times or even three straight times in the red zone. :(

If they did, it certainly wasn't near the goal-line. Or they got to the goal-line and then decided to pass the ball or give it to Cecil Sapp.

*grumble grumble*
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I wouldn't be complaining if we weren't passing in the redzone, but we were scoring anyway.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

aright i re-thought everything.

in the nfl you need to have a good line. on defense we have 3 rookies rotating or starting. on offense we lost our center and left guard for the season. our star wideout may miss 6 weeks. we have 3 rushing touchdowns all year. our starting rb has bruised ribs. we have a second year qb. i dont doubt cutler at all, but i just think being so young hes at a disadvantage. On defense our elite corner just missed a game and is still dinged up. those are the negatives

on the other hand, our starting rb has a 4.6 yd avg. between our starting receivers(without walker) we have 4 tds, out of a total 7. tom brady had 20 more coming into this week ha.

what we need now to win games is big plays. clutch plays. we cant have any mistakes, especially in the red zone. every time we cross the 50 were pretty close to scoring range (jason elam). I think we cant still finish out 10-6 or 9-7, with losses to the chargers, chiefs. i also see a few games where we finally snap out of it in the 4th quarter, coming back and winning under 5 minutes. i think houston would be a game like that, and so could minnesota especially if minnesota is a must win. and one other thing to look forward to is that we may have javon walker back in time to play the final 4 games which include the chargers in chiefs.

if we cant pull it off this year we DEFINETLY have next year to look forward to with such a young team.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Btw, I'd like to say that we should make more plays that involve Stokely. The dude is one of the most polished WRs... especially in the slot. Stokely really reminds me of an Ed McCaffery (and not just cuz they're both white).

Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

urinemonkey hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We have to find a good, big DT next offseason. Sam Adams is done, and the rest are just depth. Marcus Thomas is the only player there with significant upside. It would be awesome to get him a long-term running mate. Biggest needs are at DT, FS, SS, SLB, and WLB. Defense has clearly been our biggest weakness so far, and it's no coincidence that's where our most pressing needs lie. I'm pro D.J. in the middle, I think he's doing a fine job especially considering our DT's frequently get blown off the ball and Webster and Gold are frequently either nowhere to be found or botching the tackle. On paper, HB looks like a weakness if Henry is gone but being a Bronco RB = so easy even the Geico cavemen could do it.
urinemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote