Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to watch the game last night, what did you guys think of Brandstater?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I didn't get to watch the game last night, what did you guys think of Brandstater?
For a guy who really hasn't had a whole lot of opportunity to get reps in training camp, he's come a long way in a short time. He seems like a bright guy and throws a much nicer ball than Orton does. He looked pretty good against the Arizona starting D, but struggled a bit once both teams starting putting in their second stringers. He could've gotten more help from his receivers - in particular, the really nice fade he threw to McKinley that should've been hauled in for a TD.

I like his potential. A late round pick well spent IMO.

Last edited by Diehard : 09-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holliday time in Denver?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Good pick up. Can't say we don't need help there.

I just saw Champ Bailey in a college uniform today and his name is Perrish Cox. It isn't really relevant to this thread, but I mean I just felt like I was literally watching him in college. Identical playing style, identical strengths and physical abilities, I'd even give Perrish a slight edge in the strength department. Champ was more polished in coverage coming out, but Perrish sure played like 24 today against Georgia, ironically Bailey's alma mater.

Name: Perrish Cox
College: Oklahoma State Number: 16
Height: 6-0 Weight: 198
Position: CB Pos2: KR
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2010
40 Time: 4.44 40 Low: 4.34 40 High: 4.56

I've been blabbing about the guy all day now, and he really really impressed me. He is Oklahoma State's #1 Corner, and he reminds me of a bigger looking, more physical Champ, who plays almost the same way. Same height and weight more or less.

Oh, he can return too. Had a 74 Yard return today. The guy is a blazer, he was really only known for his kick return abilities up until the beginning of last season. Really a burner. Runs in the mid 4.3's, clearly can get up with the best of them, and is a really solid tackler. Form looks exactly like Champ too, goes low, launches his body into the runner's ankles. He broke up 3 passes in the first 12 minutes today too, 2 intented for AJ Green, and then after that, he got no passes thrown to him all game. This isn't really Broncos relevant, I just hope we scout him, because I can tell you right now, if he plays like this again, he will be going first round (maybe second), and I will put money on it. His technique is a little flawed, but then again so is every college CB's, Cox is still a huge asset in coverage. At this point he's better than Mike Jenkins (Cowboys CB, USF) was coming out, (and will be better, obviously) and Perrish has the rest of the season to work on it.

We could always use another Champ, and we could always use another developmental, blazing corner who can return from Oklahoma State.

Sampler platter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJn1kAbtiHM

^ Kinda runs like Champ when he has the ball in his hand too, that head tilted up, peeking over his shoulder to avoid being blasted by Ben Watson look.

Last edited by Jimmy : 09-05-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

In more relevant news, Ashley Lelie is now officially not good enough for 3 of 4 AFC West teams. He was cut by the Chiefs today. Can he make it four?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos sign Haggan to extension
Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
In more relevant news, Ashley Lelie is now officially not good enough for 3 of 4 AFC West teams. He was cut by the Chiefs today. Can he make it four?
We could of drafted Ed Reed instead of Lelie 8( 8( 8( 8(
Old 09-09-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
We could of drafted Ed Reed instead of Lelie 8( 8( 8( 8(
That fact depresses me more than any other Bronco draft. More than missing Beason for Jarvis Moss.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're welcome!

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-0 gentlemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so Dumervil has 10 sacks after week 6, what is this guy doing that Demarcus Ware isn't? What are you guys seeing on film that is leading to such success for him?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Ok so Dumervil has 10 sacks after week 6, what is this guy doing that Demarcus Ware isn't? What are you guys seeing on film that is leading to such success for him?
He gets leverage against anyone he goes against, and he gets an amazing jump on the snap when he's down as an end. He gets held practically every play, which never gets called. He's just a beast this year so far.

I know against Denver Ware just looked like he would try to bullrush Clady or Harris, and it just wasn't working for him. Obviously you could probably break Ware down more then I could. But it seems like he is just relying on a bullrush, and it's not working for him.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD suggested in another thread that his height is a true advantage, is this possible? Are we going to see a rash of short guys become en vogue at 3-4 OLB?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Elvis too is he isn't just coming out of nowhere. He, with the rest of the defense, was non-existent last year, but he made some real noise his first 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Obviously you could probably break Ware down more then I could. But it seems like he is just relying on a bullrush, and it's not working for him.
He's still getting pressure, it just seems he's been a beat late many times. He's improved, but Dumervil is setting a torrid pace.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
BBD suggested in another thread that his height is a true advantage, is this possible? Are we going to see a rash of short guys become en vogue at 3-4 OLB?
Likely, I mean look at James Harrison, he's listed as 6'0, but he looks a little shorter then that. and with Dumervil's early success, and this being a copycat league, I think we'll see a lot more.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
The thing with Elvis too is he isn't just coming out of nowhere. He, with the rest of the defense, was non-existent last year, but he made some real noise his first 2 years.
Being undefeated is helping his exposure, combined with the fact that this is so far above the norm. He's gone from great player (a measure of talent) to superstar (a measure of fame). Not necessary, but it's nice to have 'your' guys noticed nationally.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta re-mention his motor. He has been getting a lot of sacks late in games. He comes just as hard in the 4th, when 300 pound tackles are slowing down a bit.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering, how is Dumervil against the run?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Just wondering, how is Dumervil against the run?
Good in pursuit, not particularly stout at the point of attack. That was part of the reason he wasn't suited to be an every down DE in the 4-3... you could run right at him. You'd often see him get blasted off the LoS and the B-gap would be wide open for the RB.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What players on your team are the biggest disappointments?

What are your top 3 needs?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
both guards. which answers both questions.

dbs. yeah, yeah, champ is still pretty good. but he's not a shutdown corner and he's lost his speed. if possible, i'd rather he play safety with dawkins. i love goodman, but realistically, only because he's not dre bly. he'd probably be better as a nickel. i still think alphonso smith is utterly worthless and should be a quarter-back at best, but others here will likely disagree. *shrug*

lb's probably still a need. as much as i like the group we have, we could probably upgrade everything but dumervil.

it'd be nice to have a NT, but really, fields has done a pretty good job.

LE/RE, but given that it sounds like you're building a mock, i wouldn't rate either as a first round need.
Pretty good assessment above.

Guards are probably the biggest need, however, if you are building a mock it is unlikely that you would take one in the first round.

The entire d-line is solid, but none dominate. If there were the opportunity to take a dominant player there then that would be great, however, they certainly shouldnt be taking a d-lineman just for the sake of it.

ILB is probably a big need as well. Andra Davis is 30 and it is still not clear whether he just needed to lose weight and get out of Cleveland to become useful, or if he is just playing above himself right now.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What players on your team are the biggest disappointments?
Obviously we've got a lot of guys playing better than expected, so the disappointments are few and far between. However, Hillis riding the pine is unfortunate... and whatever perceived prejudice McD might have against the FB position matters little when Hillis is making bonehead plays on the field. Ben Hamilton is another questionable player - fine in pass protect, but he's getting no push in the running game.

Quote:
What are your top 3 needs?
Interior OL
Depth at CB (particularly important with the old guys)
Upgrades at ILB and DE

Depending on how the kicking situation works out I could see both P and K being needs as well.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

Bradford would be perfect for this offense. But with Orton only being 26, I don't see QB being a first round need, as long as he can keep up what he's doing.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford would be an awesome fit and I would love for him to be a Bronco. I just doubt it happens if Orton keeps this up.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote