Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-07-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orton's cement feet are a bigger problem than his arm. No ability to elude pressure makes it difficult to convert on 3rd + long unless the pass protect is really solid.

If Bradford slips to us *and* there are no lingering injury concerns, then I can see that pick happening. Clausen's attitude is even worse than Cutler's - I don't want him on my team.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos release Wiegmann, Jordan
Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiegmann - was getting thrown around like a rag doll last season.

Jordan - was a McD guy, but didn't really contribute much on the field.

Good cuts, IMO. Now, where is Jarvis Moss hiding?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
let's be fair. orton's inability to throw the ball 15 feet in the air is A limiting factor. that said, it's not worth the cost to move up. if a qb falls, and mcclain and haden are off the board, i wouldn't mind using a pick on one of the top two.
Haden? Seriously...have you not seen the Broncos the past several years? I'm sick and tired of using picks on the secondary when our front seven continues to be one of the worst in the league.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Why does everyone think that Kyle Orton can't be a franchise QB?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Why does everyone think that Kyle Orton can't be a franchise QB?
1. cement feet
2. a stiff breeze can knock him down
3. mediocre arm

He's okay when everything is going according to plan, but struggles with adversity. We need someone who can step up when the game is on the line.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
let me know what front seven guy you want to use a top ten pick on, outside of mcclain, who i mentioned. can't think of any with any remote value at our pick? well no ****. haden would present great value at a position that ALSO needs addressing. meanwhile, quality 3-4 d-linemen and LBs can be found in later rounds.
I would rather reach on a Williams or Dunlap that addresses a specific need than waste another pick on a CB who would just sit on the bench for several years.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
1. cement feet
2. a stiff breeze can knock him down
3. mediocre arm

He's okay when everything is going according to plan, but struggles with adversity. We need someone who can step up when the game is on the line.
Reminds me of Brad Johnson to be honest. Yeah might win you a championship, but the rest of your team has to be incredible.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear a lot of anti-Alphonso Smith sentiment, especially from njx. Is he really looking that bad? Didn't you trade a pick this year to move up and get him as well? Sorry, I'm just curious about the guy because he had some hype going for him before the draft then sort of slipped post combine if I'm not mistaken.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he was only a rookie last year so he could develop, but from what I remember coming out of college the only knock on him was his size. Some people said timed speed would be an issue for draft position but he didn't run too bad of a 40 at 4.52. I thought his instincts, athleticism, coverage, and tackling were supposed to be sound. Time will tell.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

I thought Smith played pretty well in the early going, including some nice plays in run support, but then he got dinged up (ankle?) and really struggled after that.

I think he's got the talent to contribute at this level, but the matchups with the bigger receivers favored by our divisional rivals will never be favorable for him. He'll really have to work to be a starter... hopefully he's willing to take up that challenge.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
yes. just like darrent williams. and foxworth. and alphonso smith before it was obvious he sucked. oh right, they all played extensively. do you actually watch this team?

and seriously? dunlap? to play what position, exactly? and you're worried about a CB sitting on the bench for a few years?

brilliant draft strategy. did haden kick your dog or something?
You are an idiot if you want to use another draft pick at CB. That is probably the strongest part of the team sadly.

Dunlap would be an upgrade over any DE we have.

Nothing against Haden I think he will be a good NFL CB. Unfortunately that, along with LT, is the position that needs the least amount of attention (especially in the first three rounds).

If you are content watching the defensive front get manhandled again like they have for the past decade then go ahead and waste a pick on a CB who will play 30% of the snaps if you are lucky. That is ******* brilliant.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alphonso Smith at work.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

champ is average at best now?

Thanks for confirming you are an idiot.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
champ is average at best now?

Thanks for confirming you are an idiot.
he's certainly not pro-bowl caliber. the only reason he got the votes he got is because of the 2003-2006 champ bailey

one guy who i really like, who i'd actually prefer over haden is perrish cox. guy really reminds me of champ in several ways, and i feel like scott's description of him as a poor tackler is very inaccurate. I also think he is faster than haden, shouldn't be listed at 4.45.

here's a small clip so you guys can see him for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEyXfKr5gA
certainly worth a 2nd i.m.o.

haden-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI984aFuo28

Last edited by Jimmy : 02-26-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolando is my ideal realistic pick. Last time I asked, I didn't even think we had a shot, but the draftniks haven't been kind to him. Hopefully we get him.

Seriously though, Champ is average for a #1 CB now. He's still good, but he's not a top 10 guy anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
thanks for confirming you didn't watch a single game. but hey, personal attacks are the way to go around here.
I watched every game and recorded every game.

You are the one that started it. And you are supposedly a mod.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Rolando is my ideal realistic pick. Last time I asked, I didn't even think we had a shot, but the draftniks haven't been kind to him. Hopefully we get him.

Seriously though, Champ is average for a #1 CB now. He's still good, but he's not a top 10 guy anymore.
I have no problem with Rolando or Williams.

I disagree.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos place first-round tender only on Marshall

Orton gets first-round tender, Scheffer awarded a second

Last edited by Splat : 03-03-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heard schefter report this on espn, I think scheffler's tender and orton's tenders are a round too high... I suppose we are allowing teams to sign either player only if they really want them.

as for Marshall... great movie. glad we put the 1st rd instead of a 1 & a 3, this is 1 step closer for him being out thedoor. this would give us the capabilty if trading up. (who for?)
Old 03-03-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it seems highly likely then, that marshall is gone, and mcxanders get another draft pick to waste. ugh.
If a team wants to give up a first for Marshall anyways.

I too think that he might be gone since they didn't give him the 1st/3rd tenure. Hopefully we'll get a high pick and not waste it.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
If a team wants to give up a first for Marshall anyways.

I too think that he might be gone since they didn't give him the 1st/3rd tenure. Hopefully we'll get a high pick and not waste it.
Regardless of the location of the first round pick we'd be compensated with, it would give us more ammo to trade up a few slots for McClain.

That extra first might be in the 15-23 range which would be extremely ideal. We all seem to think that there really isn't a lot of value with anyone at #11 anymore besides Mcclain or Bryant, so we could just ship this pick to a team for some future picks, or we could squat on it and take Williams or Cody.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^ We all know that's going to happen.

****. Our offense is useless without Brandon Marshall. If we lose him, we're gonna get a top pick next year.

Wait. Whoever we trade that pick to to get this year's Alphonso Smith will have a high pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade Marshall for a late first, which turns into Williams or Iupati, then I would have no issue taking Bryant if both Haden and McClain are gone at 11. I just dont want Bryant to be the only player we get in the first.

That being said, I dont think the success of the offense hinges on Marshall. If we can run the ball and throw screen passes that work, then the receivers will take care of themselves. Marshall had big games and we lost. Gaffney had a big game and we lost. If we ran the ball well and controlled the clock, we won.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
i don't think we have a qb who can throw to downfield receivers, which is why i really don't want bryant. marshall fills a perfect niche in our current offense, in that he can make plays underneath, which about the only place orton can get the ball consistently. why is why it's still so shocking to me that royal couldn't find a place on the field. regardless, i don't see bryant as a similar player, and i don't think there's any way that orton can get him the ball consistently.

i'm also entertained by the idea of us running "screen passes that work". i don't think mcdaniels has any of those in his playbook.
So much irony there. Our o-line seems to be soooo competent blocking, yet when their assignments are to "not block" on a screen, they **** up completely.