Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-17-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Andrews just got released. If we can sign him to a reasonable deal I'd love to bring him in. At the very least he'd provide some depth at guard.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's had some mental problems (depression?) and lots of work done on his back. The most recent surgery was in December, so I don't think it would be wise to expect him to be ready for TC.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that he doesn't have passion for the game anymore. He's been contemplating retirement.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
I've heard that he doesn't have passion for the game anymore. He's been contemplating retirement.
I'll pass in that case
Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Broncos need to take a serious look at drafting Jamar Chaney in the third or fourth round. He has had some injuries but I don't think it's indicative of future problems. He kicked ass in the senior bowl, but up solid numbers at Miss St, and showed excellent mobility, explosiveness, and strength in the combine. I think he could compete right away for our ILB vacancy or at least provide solid backup behind Haggan (if that is who starts) and DJ. I don't have a lot of faith in Larsen and he seems destined for FB duties with the departure of Hillis.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we are so in need of a big fatty inside, that ESPN is helping us out by putting this guy on our roster:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2550

Wierdness.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Broncos | Ayers likely will get bigger role next season
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:03:36 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DE Robert Ayers likely will receive a bigger role at outside linebacker next season.

Broncos | Haggan expected to play inside
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:49:23 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos LB Mario Haggan is expected to play at inside linebacker next season.

Broncos | J. Williams expected to start
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:45:24 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DT Jamal Williams is expected to start at nose tackle next season.

Broncos | Green expected to start
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:44:28 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DL Jarvis Green is expected to start at defensive end next season.

Broncos | Bannan expected to start
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:42:15 -0700

Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DL Justin Bannan is expected to start at defensive end next season.

Broncos | Thomas working on losing weight
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:58:33 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos DL Marcus Thomas is working on losing weight because he wants to become a candidate to play at defensive end. He is working on getting down to 292 pounds.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl#ixzz0in087mcr
Old 03-21-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
as opposed to .... ?

no offense to you, jimmy. i'm just shocked that lindsay h. jones thought those items were reportable.
none taken. kffl is the king of 10 word news stories
Old 03-22-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default More prospect workouts

Some more guys we're taking a closer look at:

Arrelious Benn

http://www.dailyillini.com/sports/fo...pro-timing-day
Quote:
The projected first-round pick said he would be working out with the Denver Broncos, among other teams, in the ensuing weeks.
Dexter McCluster

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest
Quote:
Mississippi receiver Dexter McCluster said on SIRIUS NFL radio Saturday he will have a private workout with Denver.
Montario Hardesty

http://www.tricitiessports.com/defau...sports&he=.com
Quote:
Hardesty said he's had contact with 14 teams since the season ended and is working out Friday for the Denver Broncos.
I'm getting the feeling that anyone who was/is hoping for a defense-heavy draft is going to be disappointed.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
that said, i don't get why we're looking at benn. guy seems likely to be gone around 20. i understand there could be a trade down, i'm more concerned that we'll take him at 11.
I'm not worried about us taking him at 11. A trade down or compensation for Brandon Marshall could put us in position to take Benn in the late first / early second.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default McD transcript - NFL Annual Meeting

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=9983

1. Here's his reply to a question about using FA to address the DL, rather than the draft:

Quote:
I donít think it means that we wonít do anything in the draft. I think there are some good players in the draft. I think itís similar to last year, in that I know that there were a lot of questions about, ĎWhat about this spot, what about this spot?í And we seemed to focus more on the secondary. It was just something where we felt like we liked the people and the fit with those players on our team in this yearís free agency. We didnít, obviously, go all over the place in terms of positions. We kind of stayed there Ė the biggest additions that we made were on the defensive line. Certainly no question that we would add a good player on the defensive front in the draft if thatís what came up. But weíll do that at any position.
2. On whether playing for Weis at ND will help Brady Quinn in this offense:

Quote:
In talking to him a few times, he certainly knows the base of our offense. The terminology is, I would say, very close. Not exactly the same. Our offense has evolved since (former Notre Dame head coach) Charlie (Weis) left in 2004. Charlieís offense, Iím sure, evolved in a different way. We werenít together. Not that it veered off path significantly, but I think the basis of the terminology, he probably knows 85 percent of the terms and the words we use and the routes and all those different kinds of things. He was coached by the guy that really taught me. I think thatís something thatís going to be a positive for Brady. I donít think itís going to feel like a fish out of water, certainly, in terms of knowing that system. Again, I think thatís why itís a good fit for us, because I think that gives him an opportunity to really go in there and compete and see what he can do. I think that will make our entire quarterback room better.
3. On Eddie Royal's role in the offense:

Quote:
Eddie can play in the slot, but Eddie played more ĎXí than anything else last year. We are going to be able to flip him over. He wants to be able to do that, to have that flexibility. We would like to be able to have him do that as well. Itís something that Jabar was already able to do because he had been in the system before and we tried to put Eddie more at the ĎXí spot. I think heís a smart player, a versatile player (and) a guy that we need to do better with. We didnít do a good enough job of getting Eddie involved in the offense in certain games and we have to do a better job of that. He is certainly capable. He is (at the facility) already, (he is) ready to go and is having a good offseason so far. We are looking forward to him having a better year than he did last year and we need to do our part.
4. On the D scheme:

Quote:
Weíre looking forward to growing the defense, improving he defense and really kind of mastering our understanding and fit with the defense. Itís our second year with the coaching staff and our players. Weíve certainly added a few things that Wink is fond of that I feel very good about that we will see in September and October. I do know this: he will be an aggressive play caller. It will be an aggressive defense. We may blitz a little bit more, but thatís his personality and I want him to be himself.
5. The draft:

Quote:
We haven't finished out preparations yet, it certainly seems there are a lot of tackles this year that are capable and offensive tackles that are good players. The defensive line seems deeper than it has been in some years past, linebacker, there are different types of linebackers certainly[...]

[...]I think there are some good safeties in there as well. This is a deep draft and to each his own I guess. It is all in the eye of the beholder and what you are looking for and what you think of those players. I think there is a lot of talk this time of year that may not be true. They try and smoke screen you. I think there are a lot of good defensive players in this draft. But again there are a lot of tackles that should get drafted high; there are some other positions that are strong in other areas.
No key quote to bold in that last one, but FWIW tackles (both defensive and offensive) did feature prominently in his comments.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
wtf? tackles? really? i hope that was just remarking on the depth at the spot and not future plans (unless harris is a lot worse off than i thought). i can't think of a position less in need of top talent right now.
Keep in mind that a good run-blocking OT with experience playing the interior could be slotted in at guard immediately and provide cover off at RT should the oft-injured Harris go down again. I think our experience last year shows the importance of having 3 decent tackles. A guy like Ducasse might fit the bill - a real road grader from the guard spot but athletic enough to handle some spot tackle duty.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rodger Saffold is another guy that fits the bill. He could provide depth at every position but center.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-24-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Another close look

Apparently, the Broncos met with / worked out DE Jared Odrick:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/24/penn...s-and-broncos/
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

It seems like every single penn state defensive lineman. ever. has been arrested at least once. its weird. if he's anything like chris baker, im not interested.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope learning the fancy words of McD's offense will somehow lead to Brady Quinn being able to I dunno, maybe throw a football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

The more I look and watch McClain the more I become convinced he is not worthy of a top 15 pick. More like 20-30.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that mock, too. Don't know too much about Ducasse, but he's a position of need and obviously I ******* love McClain. I think though that we shouldn't leave it to chance, McXanders drafted Slowshon, Ayers and Alphonso last year, it's likely they'll completely **** us agin. So we should kill them and install Scott as GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

ILB doesn't have strong positional value, which is why linebackers tend to slide in the draft. However, in terms of talent and system fit, McClain would be a fine pick at 11.

Ducasse in round 2 would be great. He's a powerful run blocker, hard worker and has a high ceiling. If we take him to be an OG, he'll do well. I think the problem with him is that some other team might overdraft him based on his potential to play OT... and I don't think he'll be nearly as successful in that situation.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

So because they already have Moreno, and are committed to him being their franchise back, there is no chance the Broncos draft a RB in the first round, right?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
So because they already have Moreno, and are committed to him being their franchise back, there is no chance the Broncos draft a RB in the first round, right?
I would say there's no chance. However, I would not be surprised at all if we took a RB on the second day.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The only RB really worth looking at with the 11 pick is Spiller, who brings a very different skillset to the table.

I think if Denver stays at 11, they need to consider taking the best playmaker available who has the kind of intangibles they are looking for... and come draft day Spiller could certainly be the guy who meets those criteria.

I'm not saying it is likely, but it is possible.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
yes, just like demeco ryans.
I was down on ryans?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
The more I look and watch McClain the more I become convinced he is not worthy of a top 15 pick. More like 20-30.
I guess the highlight tape on (keyword) youtube is really unflattering, because i felt the same way. dude had a ton of trouble getting his guy to the ground on several instances.

i suppose this is why nfl scouts dont rely on youtube
Old 03-30-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

broncos worked out matt tenant, furthering the speculation that we might reach on pouncey with our #1 pick. (By the logic that if were looking at the #2 center, perhaps were looking at the #1,) no logic in the world would aid taking pouncey at our spot.