Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's basically a brandon marshall replacement. ic ant believe it. iw as sure mcdaniels wouldnt go this route. i even wrote a post on how mcD WOULDNT draft a reciever like him.

Well ****.. crow time
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd written him off as a possibility as we didn't take a look at him... or at least the information at hand said we didn't.

Could turn out great. Big play receiver who also brings the hammer down as a blocker. High effort guy as well. I can see him on the outside, testing the opposing defense deep down the field. That was something we didn't do enough of last year.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I have a gut feeling we're doing it, guys. I'll pretty much be overjoyed to hear any name BUT Tebow.
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can with the first pick, but trading up for Tebow??? ******* seriously, how is that the best ******* option. **** me.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
at least he'll fit in well down in the springs.
All I could think of was Focus on the Family commercials with Tebow.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Buffalo is pissed off that we made this move.

If the team feels Tebow can be a legit franchise QB, then this move makes sense... and would in fact be a steal if Tebow works out. If it doesn't work out, well, McD and X will quickly find themselves on the unemployment line.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

i can't hate the guy. he's a bronco now. what happened happened. i suppose things could be worse. getting the greatest player in collegiate history can't be THAT bad. although it's a dumb decision.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

as for bey-bey. he'll be fun in madden. that's about all i can say right now.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ordering a counterfeit Tebow jersey from the same place I get my cheap hockey jerseys. Worst case scenario, I wear it ironically.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
At least 15 is open now for when we draft Tebow.
I was kinda hoping I was kidding when I posted this about a week ago.

Oh well, Welcome to Denver Tebow. Hopefully we'll see some endzone jump passes.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
you know, minus the amount we gave up, i'm talking myself into not hating tebow. mcdaniels has very nearly staked his career (or at least his entire reputation) on this pick. if he's anything approaching the qb guru people called him, this may not turn out so bad.
Both these picks are high potential, high effort players who need a fair amount of polishing. I was expecting a more conservative plan for building our talent base, but McD and X instead chose to roll the dice on some bigtime upside.

It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
if we spend tomorrow and saturday drilling the oline, lb and dline, i'll hate the pick less. if we spend the entire draft getting skill positions, i'll be pissed.
I think we could be in the market for one more skill position guy. After that, OL and front 7.

Quote:
what sort of annoys me now is the quinn pickup. maybe they didn't know they'd like tebow this much at that point, but why do we need 3 mediocre (as of now, i'm perfectly willing to reverse that opinion when shown evidence that it ought to be reversed) qbs?
Orton is gone as a FA after this year - his 2010 season will be one big audition for a payday with some other team. Between Quinn and Tebow you've got substantial unrealized potential to develop... and you only really need one of them to pay off and it's all good.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel for you, guys. I know you're all going to talk yourselves into loving Tebow and stuff because it's all you can do, but yeah...Seriously, my heart goes out to you.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I feel for you, guys. I know you're all going to talk yourselves into loving Tebow and stuff because it's all you can do, but yeah...Seriously, my heart goes out to you.
Nah, in 9 months time when BMarsh makes headlines for *****-slapping his woman with a half-eaten Filet-O-Fish, I'll be pleased that he's some other team's problem to deal with.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give Josh this - he has a vision and he is going to go and make it happen. Most people in the world dont have the cahones to go so far out on a limb.

I am not going to fight it, second guess it, or completely buy into it. It is what it is. Whoever he takes is my team, and I hope like **** that they win each week. His plan has merit, even if it is not what I would do, so hears to hoping that it works (and if not I can tell my 1 yr old twins some time when they are old enough about this ****-up of a coach the Broncos hired back when they were born).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 AM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I will give Josh this - he has a vision and he is going to go and make it happen. Most people in the world dont have the cahones to go so far out on a limb.

I am not going to fight it, second guess it, or completely buy into it. It is what it is. Whoever he takes is my team, and I hope like **** that they win each week. His plan has merit, even if it is not what I would do, so hears to hoping that it works (and if not I can tell my 1 yr old twins some time when they are old enough about this ****-up of a coach the Broncos hired back when they were born).

I haven't posted on this site in almost two years, but I honestly could not agree with you more. McDaniels is an arrogant prick. He is so fixated on this "character, high effort" direction.

My main argument would be: This is the NFL. I don't care how bad you want it. There are hundreds of people who would literally kill to be elite nfl players. However, to mcaniels credit, Tebow is not like another collegiate player, athlete, or person that I have ever experienced. I honestly think he is one of the most motivated individuals the general public has ever witnessed. There is the possibility that Tebow is that rare talent draft nicks wrongfully contrast on future draft picks.

I can here it now, "Obviously terrelle pryor doesnt have that Tim Tebow work ethic, but hes an elite athlete."

"Jake Locker will be a Tim Tebow type, you know the first guy in the building and the last guy to leave."

This descriptions of Tim Tebow's work ethic does not describe him. Its not that he will be the first guy in and the last guy to leave. Its the fact that he will not allow himself to be a loser. Now give me a chance to clarify here... To be completely honest, I truly question this pick this high. I simply do not trust Mcdaniels. He is too impulsive, cocky, and unproven. However, I do believe in Tim Tebow as a football player.

I find it difficult to picture a scenario where he says, "hey the NFL is too much for me, its too hard. I can't do it." And historically this has been the traditional downfall of all highly touted quarterbacks.

Joey Harrington emotionally broke down in Detriot and explicitly expressed he could not handle the pressure associated with being the QB for the passionate yet consistently unsatisfied Lions Fans. Ryan Leaf was too immature for the NFL. Tim Couch didn't have the leadership qualities and other intangibles. Jamarcus Russell never appreciated his opportunity in the NFL as anything more than a big pay day.

The main point is I cant think of a quarterback drafted in first round who only had mechanics negatively affecting his draft status. I am hoping and praying mcDaniels knows what he is doing, but at the same time are hopeful for the broncos future.

The thing that really tears me up about this new broncos regime is that its nothing like the super bowl winning teams or anything before. There is no Shannahan quality. Previously, we would take chances on character issue guys. Some times it would bite us in the ass, somtimes it would pay off. I miss that about the broncos... I use to get excited about hearing about character issue guys being on the trading block, thinking they could revitalize their careers in denver.

Now I've reached the conclusion its just simply not gonna happen. We are in a building phase and want to make a New England Patriot esque locker room. untill we have that strong foundation we we refuse to take any chances on character issue guys.

The only upside to Mcdaniels approach that ultimately somehow makes me believe is that is does somewhat resemeble those championships teams values.

The 97 and 98 broncos were comprised of hardworking, undervalued, low draft pick players. The new broncos might be able to bring a similar mentality by focusing on character guys.

Ultimately, I look at it this way, McDaniels has taken so many risk in such a short period of time, he is a boom or bust head coach. So from that angle the Broncos will either be extremely successful in the next two to three year or else we will fire mcDaniels and have the opportunity to start all over and hopefully rebuild in a more conservative and consistent manner.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

i kinda feel like we've all forgotten that a day 2 pick is now a rd 2, 3 pick. i felt like i sorta lost sight of that and went to bed with this really crappy "we didn't reload on defense on day 1" mentality. but i really did forget that hey we still have a 2 and a 3.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

so.. can someone put together a list of what we've netted and what we've lost so far picks wise?

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-23-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
so.. can someone put together a list of what we've netted and what we've lost so far picks wise?
It's all listed in the Denver Broncos 2010 Off-season Transactions Thread
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys,

Haven't posted here in forever, but I had the impulse to do so after the Tebow pick.

Seems like most of you guys didn't like it initially but are willing to accept it now. I personally love the pick. There has not been a more celebrated college player than Tebow. Obviously, that doesn't necessarily imply that he will translate nicely into the NFL, but his tremendous upside simply cannot be ignored. It's a bold move by McDaniels, but I really believe this one will pay off.

Even though I disliked the Gators team, I never could dislike Tebow. He's a winner, an athlete, a leader, but he's also genuinely humble. This guy is coachable. He might struggle a lot early on, but this is the kind of player an entire team will rally around. We obviously have many needs on both sides of our team, but I think we can all agree that if Tebow lives up to the hype (which he is determined to do), everone will look back on this pick as an absolute steal.

By the way, I still get shivers when I listen to Tebow's pledge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGv2Zw-WQw

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

There is rumor that denver will trade up into the early second round. let's see what happens.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

who the **** is zane beadles? fire mc d haha
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Current inside backers on the broncos roster:

DJ Williams
Wesley Woodyard
Spencer Larcen

I think McD really thought Weatherspoon was gonna be there at 24...

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote