Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-18-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
yippee, we won.

we would've lost that game to any marginally competent team in the nfl. how in the hell do we manage to fumble every three plays? why can't our o-line block anyone? jimmy, do you honestly think we're "set" with pears? i'd like to recommend glasses. blech.

it's not all gloom and doom in nj-land, but we just haven't looked good enough since... well... last season. i don't feel like there's a single game in which the entire team played like it wanted to win a game this year. and as much as i understand about getting jay playoff reps, i just can't imagine it will help when any team we play should absolutely dominate us. i'm so over this season.
Eh. You never know. We still have 2 games left against Cincy and SF. Those are winnable games. Cincy has been looking good, but they may have a hangover coming into Invesco after facing the Colts. If we can win the next two (which is a must to go to the palyoffs), we will have some momentum so who knows.. momentum is so important in the playoffs. If we go in the playoffs, we will likely draw Baltimore/Indy/NE. I think Baltimore and NE are teams we can beat. I think we can beat SD as well... just not Indy lol.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
yippee, we won.

we would've lost that game to any marginally competent team in the nfl. how in the hell do we manage to fumble every three plays? why can't our o-line block anyone? jimmy, do you honestly think we're "set" with pears? i'd like to recommend glasses. blech.

it's not all gloom and doom in nj-land, but we just haven't looked good enough since... well... last season. i don't feel like there's a single game in which the entire team played like it wanted to win a game this year. and as much as i understand about getting jay playoff reps, i just can't imagine it will help when any team we play should absolutely dominate us. i'm so over this season.
Eh. You never know. We still have 2 games left against Cincy and SF. Those are winnable games. Cincy has been looking good, but they may have a hangover coming into Invesco after facing the Colts. If we can win the next two (which is a must to go to the palyoffs), we will have some momentum so who knows.. momentum is so important in the playoffs. If we go in the playoffs, we will likely draw Baltimore/Indy/NE. I think Baltimore and NE are teams we can beat. I think we can beat SD as well... just not Indy lol.
The Broncos always match up well against New England. They don't do well against the Colts. Yet the Patriots usually do well against the Colts. Funny way matchups in sports go.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
yippee, we won.

- larry coyer will lose any tough playoff game just like he's lost several tough regular season games.

- our offensive line couldn't stop a tub of jello from getting a sack.

- quincy morgan has, hopefully, solved one of our problems, but it'll take more than one week to convince me.

- the offense will find at least 16 different ways to fumble.

those four things all have to drastically change (or remain changed) before we can even think about beating a single team in the playoffs, let alone winning the super bowl. i just don't see it.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yippee, we won.

- larry coyer will lose any tough playoff game just like he's lost several tough regular season games.

- our offensive line couldn't stop a tub of jello from getting a sack.

- quincy morgan has, hopefully, solved one of our problems, but it'll take more than one week to convince me.

- the offense will find at least 16 different ways to fumble.

those four things all have to drastically change (or remain changed) before we can even think about beating a single team in the playoffs, let alone winning the super bowl. i just don't see it.
Eh. I'm not thinking about the Superbowl, cuz it's not going to happen. I just want to see Cutler get some playoff reps and am saying that I think we can actually do alright. We match up well w/some of the teams believe it or not, and if Cutler's performance continues to escalate, who knows, hojpefully it can spark our entire team to play better. We always match up well against the Patriots. We beat the Ravens this season w/Plummer so it's not beyond comprehension to beat them again. We have a lot of prpoblems, but so do a lot of other teams.

-Coyer sucks and needs to go, but we have the talent on defense to overcome some of his stupidies

-O-Line is a concern, but if Jay can spread the defense jsut a little more as he progresses it'll alleviate a lot of pressure off the O-Line.

-Not sure about Morgan either.

-Fumbling has been a unique problem for us. However, I expect Shanny to drill this into our RB's heads... he did bench T-Bell for quite awhile after his fumble. I'm sure he gets it now. Better sooner than later.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

meh, then maybe it's just ideological differences. getting jay reps would be nice, but in all honesty, i just don't care about getting to the playoffs anymore. we've done it so often lately, that it's just not a big deal. if we're not going to win the super bowl, i'd just as soon miss the playoffs and get some heads rolling.

keep in mind i'm not rooting against the broncos at all, but i'm just not one of the "getting there is better than nothing" people. i want to get there and win.

it's too bad, imo, that shanny knows that he's here till he wants out. i think he's gotten too comfortable since elway left and needs a bit of a shake-down (not to get fired, i don't believe there's anyone better for the team right now).
Old 12-18-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

True. but I don't think Shanny is relaxing too much... we all know that if Shanny can win one more SB, he's a lock for the hall of fame. He wants that SB for that reason AT LEAST. Also, I usually would agree that I don't want to go to the playoffs if we don't win, but gikving Jay a taste of playoff intensity is an important experience even if he sucks it up.

For example: Big Ben. He sucked against the Jets and Patriots his first playoffs, but absolutely stunned the Colts, us, and the Seahawks in his second time around. For that reason alone, I want Cutler to experience the playoffs so that once we're superbowl contenders next year, Jay's inexperience w/the playoffs won't be our shortcoming next season.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
DBuck

Who should we Draft.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

any LT, DE or DT in the first round. then rotate. eventually a safety.

i'm longer advocating that we draft a KR. i think that, if morgan doesn't work out, we should just go for the block.

also, one step closer to your wish Namy
Old 12-19-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Eh, seeing how I didn't watch the game on Sunday, I was surprised that Walker was injured in the game... a separated shoulder? Yikes... we need hiim to beat the Bengals.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

whoo it's snowing hard.. too bad it'll all stop by the time the Bengals come to town

Old 12-21-2006, 04:42 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cincy fan here; Is the snow expected to stop altogether for our game? Our defense has been playing very tentative in our losses. We rarely play an attacking style, rather seem to look for the QB to make errors that we can take advantage. I think this philosphy lost games for us to Atl, SD, Tampa and maybe even Indy too although our offense sucked there also. We should get Levi Jones back at LT for this game and all in all we will be relatively healthy. We are pretty happy where we are when you consider we lost our entire starting LBing corp (Pollack, Thurman and Simmons)for most of this season and also 3 O-linemen (Braham, Jones, Williams) for about 6-7 games. I feel we've hung in there but a loss to you would be pretty demoralizing. Good Luck, but I hope we kick the snot out of you.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
Cincy fan here; Is the snow expected to stop altogether for our game?
Snowfall stops today. Game should be fine.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
Cincy fan here; Is the snow expected to stop altogether for our game?
Snowfall stops today. Game should be fine.
depends, if the high sticks around and the flow from the gulf gets caught, there could be more by sunday. it's a nasty system.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Stats hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Especially when he has "studs" like Ekuban and Lang rushing the QB. DC isn't our problem. Lack of pass rushers is.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats
Quote:

Especially when he has "studs" like Ekuban and Lang rushing the QB. DC isn't our problem. Lack of pass rushers is.
i'm sorry, a drop 9 zone isn't going to work even if the two pass rushers are reggie white and bruce smith. i definitely don't disagree that our pass rush is a disgusting joke, but the play-calling has been awful any time we have a lead. we immediately shift into a prevent for some inexplicable reason, then proceed to let the other team back into the game. maybe not scoring early in the year was a blessing in disguise, in terms of keeping games clsoe so coyer couldn't start playing a 15 yard fence.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

I don't really see a whole lot of "drop 9 zone's" being played out there.

The fact is we have a cycle going on. Fire a DC. Hire a new one. Not improve the quality on the D-Line. Blame DC. Fire DC. Hire a new one.

It's been going on for the entire decade. Fire Coyer. I don't really care. I don't really like or dislike him. I'd like to see someone else do better with the talent we've had up front. The fact is we're not going to be a truly elite defense until we upgrade the talent on the D-Line. I don't care who the DC is.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys sound like the same thing we discuss. There's plenty of talk in Cincy about firing the DC since the games we have lost this year are pretty much due to a very passive style of defense employed in games where it was if he "feared" Vick so we sat back and let him look for a receiver all day long. Same with Manning, same with SD in the 2nd half, and so on and so on. If we rush the QB and throw in an occasional blitz from an OLB or Safety, we are OK. If we sit back, we will lose to you too
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:57 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:

The fact is we have a cycle going on. Fire a DC. Hire a new one. Not improve the quality on the D-Line. Blame DC. Fire DC. Hire a new one.

It's been going on for the entire decade. Fire Coyer. I don't really care. I don't really like or dislike him. I'd like to see someone else do better with the talent we've had up front. The fact is we're not going to be a truly elite defense until we upgrade the talent on the D-Line. I don't care who the DC is.
ah, so you're totally ok with the fact that our DC refuses to blitz once we have the lead? or the blown 4th quarter leads that were a direct result of his inability to be aggressive?

i'm curious, how many times have you seen him make half-time adjustments to what the other team is doing? how many times have you seen him play anything but zone once we have the lead?

or let's get really specific: do you honestly believe that he was being agressive against san diego in the 4th quarter in week 11 when we gave up 14 4th quarter points? or against seattle when we let in 16 4th quarter points? both games were completely winnable until we played prevent for the ENTIRE 4th quarter.

wait, i can see the response, "no we didn't" or "i don't recall us doing that". fine. prove to me that there's a vast difference in the team from early in the season, when, because the games were close throughout, he couldn't drop into a prevent, and now. i'm talking about the talent level. since, if the entire problem is the defensive line, there must have been a major change in personnel or ability, right? or maybe, just maybe, our DC has been letting the team down to the tune of 2 big losses?
Old 12-25-2006, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bump

Congrats Denver on the big win, Im glad to see my boy J.C. playing better each week, you guys have a bright future on offense with all those rookies contributing

...and one more thing, Champ Baily :shock:, I dont understand why teams even consider throwing to his side

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
bump

Congrats Denver on the big win, Im glad to see my boy J.C. playing better each week, you guys have a bright future on offense with all those rookies contributing

...and one more thing, Champ Baily :shock:, I dont understand why teams even consider throwing to his side
Eh... the temptation to "burn" Bailey is too great I suppose. Also, Bailey does get beat tho... but momentarily... his make up speed is faster than what QBs perceive.

It was a "Christmas" win for sure. Some good drives. And Cutler is showing his arm beautifully. However, he got lucky several times. Same thing w/our defense. Palmer made some horrible throws and our defense got lucky. Also, to win b/c the snap was bad is credit to the mile high weather and luck. But, I'll take it. A win is a win.

Now... no letdown to SF.

Old 12-25-2006, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
bump

It was a "Christmas" win for sure. .
A Christmas win for a quarterback from Santa Claus, Indiana

And I dont think there will be a let down for San Fran due to the fact that you control your own destiny, if you win your in, and the players will respond to that

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

ah, so you're totally ok with the fact that our DC refuses to blitz once we have the lead? or the blown 4th quarter leads that were a direct result of his inability to be aggressive?

i'm curious, how many times have you seen him make half-time adjustments to what the other team is doing? how many times have you seen him play anything but zone once we have the lead?

or let's get really specific: do you honestly believe that he was being agressive against san diego in the 4th quarter in week 11 when we gave up 14 4th quarter points? or against seattle when we let in 16 4th quarter points? both games were completely winnable until we played prevent for the ENTIRE 4th quarter.

wait, i can see the response, "no we didn't" or "i don't recall us doing that". fine. prove to me that there's a vast difference in the team from early in the season, when, because the games were close throughout, he couldn't drop into a prevent, and now. i'm talking about the talent level. since, if the entire problem is the defensive line, there must have been a major change in personnel or ability, right? or maybe, just maybe, our DC has been letting the team down to the tune of 2 big losses?
So you're a fan of the cycle.

Fine. Lets fire Coyer. I can't wait to see the next guy get it done with our current D-Line. Should be fun. :)
Old 12-25-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting a top ten pick in the third from the Redskins is awesome. I guess according to Gibbs, we don't get their fourth next year because they played so bad. Oh well. . . :D
Old 12-26-2006, 09:47 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So you're a fan of the cycle.

Fine. Lets fire Coyer. I can't wait to see the next guy get it done with our current D-Line. Should be fun. :)
i'd much rather address both, but i don't believe for one second that the crap coyer ran in the 4th quarter on sunday (carson palmer tore us up and, by my radio stopwatch, didn't take more than 4 seconds on a single third down) would work with anyone manning our d-line. there's just no way you're ever going to get to the quarterback in 3ish seconds every single play.

clearly darrent or foxworth has to step up at the corner opposite champ and actually, you know, cover someone. the safeties have to be upgraded (or at the very least, lynch needs to stop being asked to cover anyone man-to-man, another problem i have with coyer).

someone on the front seven has to tackle at least every once in a while. we're not going to beat very many good teams if champ is having to come up and make every tackle.

i'm not by any means saying that our ONLY problem is DC, but i think it's ridiculous to believe that he doesn't have any part in the problems with this team.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:48 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Getting a top ten pick in the third from the Redskins is awesome. I guess according to Gibbs, we don't get their fourth next year because they played so bad. Oh well. . . :D
i wonder if they'll take jake for their first...