Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-12-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God this team sucks. They've flat out given up. Blow it up completely and start again.

In other news:

1. **** this piece of **** season

2. The refs are a bunch of ******* *******

3. Orton is a **********
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's obvious. We are tanking for a top-pick. The question is.. who are we targeting?

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
It's obvious. We are tanking for a top-pick. The question is.. who are we targeting?
You're giving the team too much credit. The players have given up and the coaches aren't going to survive the offseason purge. The team is dead and everyone knows it, hence the play on the field.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerome Boger & crew are prob the worst in the league, Arizona always gets them and they seem to always screw us

Good game I guess, no clue why you didn't play Tebow

also what are your guy's opinions on Skelton, I felt he played so much better than his stats, but I know they are skewed because of the all drops by Fitz, Breaston and co

Last edited by fenikz : 12-13-2010 at 01:12 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Good game I guess, no clue why you didn't play Tebow
No it wasn't. It ******* sucked. The fact that most of the Broncos don't really give a **** about football anymore is a serious impediment to the enjoyment of games.

As for Tebow, my read is that they either want to keep him under wraps until they get home (gotta have some reason for the fans to go see this abomination of a team) or there's some outside factor at work that is a disincentive to playing him under these circumstances (e.g. trade to Jacksonville).

Quote:
also what are your guy's opinions on Skelton, I felt he played so much better than his stats, but I know they are skewed because of the all drops by Fitz, Breaston and co
If I was a Cardinals fan, I'd be mildly suprised with the way he played all things considered. Obviously they took steps to make it easier on him, but he certainly looks like he can throw the ball.

Last edited by Diehard : 12-13-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow Has Arrived In Denver Guys !
Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fans where are you ? Teboe had a great game but still we lost dang it . Out Defense just sucks.Can't cover , can't tackle either . Time to upgrade on Defense ,I also think we missed Cox this Sunday too . Our O line needs serious help as well to keep poor Tebow in the pocket .
Old 12-19-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Fans where are you ? Teboe had a great game but still we lost dang it . Out Defense just sucks.Can't cover , can't tackle either . Time to upgrade on Defense ,I also think we missed Cox this Sunday too . Our O line needs serious help as well to keep poor Tebow in the pocket .
The OL play won't matter if the defense knows exactly what we are going to do, which they will, since the play calling has reached a new low of utter suckitude. The Raiders just blitzed in the box constantly, and the coaches just kept running the same old ****. Tebow did well all things considered.

The problem with the defense is that most of the veterans don't care anymore. They're just going through the motions, waiting for the end of the season. I hope the team takes a hard line against the lack of effort and ships a lot of these guys out during the offseason.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if you take away the 40 yard run, Tebow was far and away our most effective option on the ground. That's pathetic. I mean honestly, everyone else struggled to get a ypc of ONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... Peterson, Dareus, or Fairley?
Who do you guys think is the better run stuffer?
Better fit for a 3-4? Better fit if we go 4-3?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also... I think the majority of people think it's a mistake to take a RB in the first 2 rounds. When you combine that with the fact that we'll probably give Knowshon another year, one realizes our only shot at a decent starting back next year is in FA...

therefore... DeAngelo Williams, anyone?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm leaning towards peterson at this point. it would seem that champ is as good as gone after this season and our secondary is in pretty atrocious shape. there's no question that having a good front seven is more important than having a good secondary, but given the fact that the new reigme will need to start from scratch to rebuild the entire defense, i wouldn't mind if we take peterson over the other two.

fairley would make a lot of sense if we switch to a 4-3. i don't think he's limited to playing the 3-technique, but i wouldn't want to spend that high of a pick on a guy who wouldn't be playing his natural position.

dareus has had an underwhelming season, although he certainly wouldn't be a bad pick.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Can someone tell me why hiring John Elway would help at all? The man is a golden god, but what does him being able to throw a football like no other have to do with him turning our franchise around? Is he truly "Stanford" smart?
It is simple.

The Broncos fan base is pretty upset with how things have been going over the past five years since the AFCCG against Pittsburgh. Moreover, the past two years have been "Hell" for a lot of them.

Hiring John Elway is a face-saving gesture by Pat Bowlen in order to act like some sort of real difference is going to be made. It is just something to pep people up, to bring up a ghost of the past in order to make the fan base feel more comfortable of the direction of the team.

That is why you are also hearing rumors on Kubiak, Heimerdinger and other people connected to the Broncos in the past being possible HC candidates here. Bowlen has no balls. He is still living in 97-97 when it will indeed be 2011 in just a weeks. I can almost tell you with absolute certainty that the next hire in Denver will either be a cheap name or a familiar one.

Sucks.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It is simple.

The Broncos fan base is pretty upset with how things have been going over the past five years since the AFCCG against Pittsburgh. Moreover, the past two years have been "Hell" for a lot of them.

Hiring John Elway is a face-saving gesture by Pat Bowlen in order to act like some sort of real difference is going to be made. It is just something to pep people up, to bring up a ghost of the past in order to make the fan base feel more comfortable of the direction of the team.

That is why you are also hearing rumors on Kubiak, Heimerdinger and other people connected to the Broncos in the past being possible HC candidates here. Bowlen has no balls. He is still living in 97-97 when it will indeed be 2011 in just a weeks. I can almost tell you with absolute certainty that the next hire in Denver will either be a cheap name or a familiar one.

Sucks.
pretty much. i'd be shocked if we didn't end up hiring kubiak or someone else with ties to the shanahan regime. it's pretty depressing to think about
Old 12-22-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

How do the rest of you guys feel about Tebow getting the start for the last game ? I can't wait until Sunday to see more of Tebow , Should be a fun game.I hope its on TV tho gr
Old 12-22-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
How do the rest of you guys feel about Tebow getting the start for the last game ? I can't wait until Sunday to see more of Tebow , Should be a fun game.I hope its on TV tho gr
I can't wait to see if he plays well or not so I can figure out if we can rule out luck.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:09 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Carolina wins another game and we don't, how does that shake out? Will we have 1st overall? If we do, that becomes one HELL of a tough decision. Luck is very clearly the top prospect in this draft and I don't think there's anyone worth taking over him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Yeah. Even without a wage scale I think there would be a few teams interested. A team like Arizona or San Fran might be really interested, depending on what happens with guys like McNabb and where they end up. I'm really glad we're giving Tebow his shot, cuz I'd be pissed if we were on the clock with Luck right there and we had no idea if Tebow could throw a pass.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of hope we don't get first/Luck doesn't declare.
That spot is just hard to be put in.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have a chance at Luck, (if we had the #1 overall or Carolina passed on him) I would certainly hope we would trade down and do whatever we can to fill other needs on the team.

Read today on Yahoo/NFP that the Broncos seem inclined to trade Orton next year, given that none of his contract his guaranteed and their willingness to see what Tebow can do.

I don't see us getting rid of Tebow. He is a cash cow for the organization and it would be bad both from a PR standpoint and regarding draft value to give up on a guy so easily. He showed he could play with his hands tied (great work, McCoy!) and give a solid effort in his first showing. I look forward to his next two games.

I hated his selection, but we are pretty much stuck with him.

I like Luck, but we have too many other needs on the team to address. A rookie QB (no matter how good) is not going to fix one of the worst defenses in NFL history. Not at all.

If Luck is on the board at our spot, you get a haul for him. You don't select him. Nope.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Didn't catch today's game cuz Canada was playing, but WOO HOO. I don't get fans that wanna see their teams lose late in the season, with Denver now I'm not even hurt by losses anymore, but I jumped up when I saw that we won. I think with this team we're gonna gain more from winning a game late in the season than we're gonna gain from losing these games and getting a slightly higher draft pick. Winning only leads to winning.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

I was really hoping to lose out, I guess I forgot how good winning felt.

In any event, I wasn't particularly impressed by Tebow in a traditional sense. He missed throws that were medium to hard in difficulty, throws that true elite QB's would have nailed. Throws that your conventional QB would nail. His release is ugly and slow, and he throws too many jump balls...

Having that said, for whatever reason, I'm impressed how truly did lead us to a win. I don't know how he did it, I don't know why he's able to do what he does at the next level, but he's doing it. Sure, he threw for 308 yards, 307 off of screen passes, but just the fact that it worked in the NFL is getting me excited. (Albeit against the worst pass defense in the league) Just the fact that he can still do that whole Tebow "scramble around like an idiot and score" thing is exciting as well.

My biggest concern at this point is that it is inevitable that he will loose just as many of those jump balls as he wins. We're lucky to have a player the caliber of Lloyd to back him up. The law of averages will soon take over, and I think he will struggle against elite teams/in the playoffs (heh, that's a knee slapper) /against teams that prep well for him.

I just don't think great teams are going to have trouble containing him. Please Tim, prove me wrong.

Last edited by Jimmy : 12-26-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to disagree with both of you. I actually was rather impressed on several fronts by his play. Obviously we saw that he could lead the team pretty well, but I actually didn't think he was bad in the traditional QB way. His motion still needs work/repetition, but it is 10 times better than it was last year. His reads for the most part were good. He threw a lot of great balls. I actually disagree with the jump ball thing, I didn't see too many of them (The 40 yard pass to Lloyd was underthrown, as well as a few other passes but..). He needs to work on throwing the fade, I think his arm strength isn't bad but it is erratic at times.
The guy is what he is, he is a rookie. He isn't perfect by any means but he got it done, and I think with time he is just going to produce more wins.

The key thing now is to hire a defensive minded coach who will replenish the talent on this defense. I think next year this is a team that can at least break even if the defense starts to get fixed.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 12-26-2010 at 09:07 PM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
i oddly agree
ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
He threw a lot of great balls.
Well we can agree to disagree.Fade = Jump ball. He probably threw a good 4-6, and only completed one from what I remember. And yep, and that underthrown Lloyd ball should have been picked or at the very least broken up. Lloyd's got hops, but that guy on him played the ball atrociously. He did hit Gaffney for a 51 yarder, but I think 2 of 3 of starting QB's would have placed the ball in a spot where Gaffney would have scored. Maybe I'll take another look at it, though.

Quick summation of his big throws:

One of his 20 yarders to Buckhalter on that final drive was ridiculously easy, Buck was standing literally 10 feet in front of him, nobody near him. Two of his 20+ yard button hook completions to Lloyd were complete gimmies as well. Lloyd was completely open, you'd be hard pressed to find a D-2 college QB who wouldn't hit him in that situation. As for the TD to Buck, it was a screen. Will I give credit for Studesville? Yes. Will I give credit to Tebow for hitting throws that I could have made? No.

Oh, and now that I think about it, he had Gaffney completely open on a double move and threw it out of bounds. I'm really not trying to sound like an overly analytical prick, I'm just.. you know.. saying. None of his throws that went for yardage truly impressed me. You take away those easy throws, Tebow goes 11 for 23 with less than 200 yards and a pick. And that's solely on hb screens. It'll suffice versus the 32nd ranked passing defense, but it won't cut it in the NFL.

On a side note, I have no clue why Correll all of a sudden decided to take his job seriously. He was average for once. In addition, I was SO glad that Ball proved he's twice the back Slowshon will ever be.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I was really hoping to lose out, I guess I forgot how good winning felt.

In any event, I wasn't particularly impressed by Tebow in a traditional sense. He missed throws that were medium to hard in difficulty, throws that true elite QB's would have nailed. Throws that your conventional QB would nail. His release is ugly and slow, and he throws too many jump balls...

Having that said, for whatever reason, I'm impressed how truly did lead us to a win. I don't know how he did it, I don't know why he's able to do what he does at the next level, but he's doing it. Sure, he threw for 308 yards, 307 off of screen passes, but just the fact that it worked in the NFL is getting me excited. (Albeit against the worst pass defense in the league) Just the fact that he can still do that whole Tebow "scramble around like an idiot and score" thing is exciting as well.

My biggest concern at this point is that it is inevitable that he will loose just as many of those jump balls as he wins. We're lucky to have a player the caliber of Lloyd to back him up. The law of averages will soon take over, and I think he will struggle against elite teams/in the playoffs (heh, that's a knee slapper) /against teams that prep well for him.

I just don't think great teams are going to have trouble containing him. Please Tim, prove me wrong.
Haven't been on this forum in forever. But this win definitely excited me! I'll come clean and say that I am a huge Tebow fan. With that said, I think I can still make a fair and objective analysis on his play.

Jimmy, I have to disagree with your post. We have to remember that he is a rookie. We can complain about how he missed a couple of standard throws, but let's be realistic. EVERY rookie QB will make those kind of mistakes.

This is not to say that your concerns are completely illegitimate. He is unconventional, so there is reason to doubt. Nevertheless, I think it's a bit overly-pessimistic to bemoan some of his passes and decision making after just two starts. These are difficulties that every rookie QB faces and must overcome by constantly practicing.

Last but not least, his ability to rush for yards and scramble away from the pass rush will always give him more time and larger windows in the passing game -- something that is not available to the "conventional/prototypical QB".

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote