Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quotes from Fox basically said that he would have felt better if he could of got a DT he wanted, but they didnt fall. Also said there are some FA DTs available, a few prospects still to be had later in the draft, and that he felt we did currently have guys on the roster that could start.

How well would Ballard fit? Wonder if trading up to the start of the 4th for him is an option.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
How well would Ballard fit? Wonder if trading up to the start of the 4th for him is an option.
Anyone from the 4th on is a 3rd day pick for a reason; they won't be starting soon, nor will they ever likely make a huge impact. If were going to get our guy it will be next year or in FA.
Personally, I'm sick of Chris Baker/Marcus Thomas prospects anyway, and wouldn't care to invest such a big responsibility/gap in a player who isn't that great. We made a mistake by not taking a DT, but weirdly enough, we got the best D player in the draft, and addressed 3 other big needs. Can't be too upset, and I guess it goes to show that this team had a huge amount of holes. It would be unreasonable to think we could plug them all in one half a draft anyway.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-29-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initially, I was disappointed that we didn't take Dareus or Peterson. But seeing what the Broncos did in Day 2, their strategy makes sense. It seems like they did their homework.

By the way, are there any "notable" DT's in FA this year?

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry, but failing to come away with any defensive lineman will end up being a huge mistake. I thought that was the strength of this draft.. Way to take advantage of that Denver.

WELCOME REALITY

Last edited by jCut : 04-30-2011 at 01:07 PM.
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:48 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope the Broncos are smart enough to not use Miller as a traditional SAM, and be used even more than a 3rd down rusher. If I'm the Broncos I'm basically going to run a 4-2, and then have Miller playing the edge on either side, so he can pursue/blitz every play, best use of his talent IMO. Asking him to drop into coverage and asking him to shed blocks in terms of the running game is ridiculous.
If we can sign Mebane I'll be happy, I think Thomas comes back but seriously why we didn't abuse the DT position in this years draft is beyond me.
Even in the second round...Paea and Austin not only filled our biggest needs, but they were arguably the BPAs.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
I really hope the Broncos are smart enough to not use Miller as a traditional SAM, and be used even more than a 3rd down rusher. If I'm the Broncos I'm basically going to run a 4-2, and then have Miller playing the edge on either side, so he can pursue/blitz every play, best use of his talent IMO. Asking him to drop into coverage and asking him to shed blocks in terms of the running game is ridiculous.
If we can sign Mebane I'll be happy, I think Thomas comes back but seriously why we didn't abuse the DT position in this years draft is beyond me.
Even in the second round...Paea and Austin not only filled our biggest needs, but they were arguably the BPAs.
I understand the sentiment that Miller's "best" use is to blitz most plays - but he is fast, extremely agile and can tackle. Obviously at the senior bowl and combine he was convincing enough to Fox and co that he can handle the coverage aspect of the SAM. I dont mind the idea of him playing a more traditional SAM on first and second down, as he should end up pretty good at it and be able to make plays, and then have him playing end on third down.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
Who knows who was "BPA" according to the Broncos draft chart. It wasn't like those players were immediately snatched up by the next team. The Rams and Colts both needed interior DL and they chose instead to reinforce their offensive front lines following our selection of Franklin.

There are reasons not to like both Austin (attitude) and Paea (knee/size). Obviously those were bigger factors in the Broncos' evaluations than some fans would like.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things to look for today:

* There was a rumor last night that a RB the Broncos really like is still on the board, and that if he makes it to 108 then we'll take him for sure.

* I've also heard that Christian Ballard is on our radar.

* I can definitely see us using one of our 6th rounders to move up in round 4 or 5.

* As in days 1 and 2, the Broncos are sticking to their board so don't expect much in the way of reaching for need.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
expecting a TE in 5/6.
there's your tight end.

i'm really loving this draft! it looks like we'll be addressing rb (williams?) and dt through free agency
Old 05-01-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know everyone is calling Von Miller the next DT. he definitely looks the part so far. i imagine Elway still has nightmares about DT. that is a pretty good reason to draft Von. if a QB of Elways caliber feels that adding a top end pass rusher to the mix is a good way of disrupting the opposing offenses, then that's good enough for me. if Von turns out to be half as good as DT, he was worth the pick. if he turns into the next DT, then you guys will be finding room at New Mile High to drape the new Championship banners.

sick him after Rivers and whatever Raider trash QB they throw on the field. try and keep him off of Cassel. oh how things have changed. Chiefs #58 used to sack Broncos #7. now, Broncos #58 tries to sack Chiefs #7
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Interesting read on our draft strategy:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17978871

Quote:
The surprising decline in interest in quarterback Blaine Gabbert among the top-10 drafting teams cost the Broncos the chance of trading back from the No. 2 draft slot for a later first-round selection and additional high-round picks.
Quote:
Texas A&M's Von Miller, drafted in the No. 2 slot by the Broncos, was the team's top choice at least since mid-February.
Quote:
The Broncos were talking about trading into the first round to get Fairley, but they decided the cost would have been prohibitive unless he slid into the 20s.
Quote:
The Broncos believe they got the best safety in the second round and the second-best in the fourth. It was those 1-2 rankings of Moore and Carter that led the Broncos to go safety instead of, say, defensive tackle.
Quote:
The only two positional needs the Broncos identified entering the offseason that weren't addressed in the draft were defensive tackle and running back.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I understand the sentiment that Miller's "best" use is to blitz most plays - but he is fast, extremely agile and can tackle. Obviously at the senior bowl and combine he was convincing enough to Fox and co that he can handle the coverage aspect of the SAM. I dont mind the idea of him playing a more traditional SAM on first and second down, as he should end up pretty good at it and be able to make plays, and then have him playing end on third down.
No, the only way taking Miller at #2 makes sense if he blitzes a majority of the snaps. I sure hope we plan on having Miller "blitz" most of the time.

I am pleased with the draft but good lord we are terrible at DT. I'd rather take Paea in the 2nd round than get Franklin.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I am pleased with the draft but good lord we are terrible at DT. I'd rather take Paea in the 2nd round than get Franklin.
Paea never fit the mould - Fox likes his DT's big and coming off an injury doesn't help either. We needed a road grader RT. We got one.

DT will be addressed by veteran acquisitions. Barry Cofield from the Giants would be an excellent choice.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy picture of Von Miller and how much he grew at Texas A&M.

http://twitpic.com/4sf7md

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinking... I miss seeing the mile high salute. Sad how our last true back to use it was Mike Anderson in '05. No Broncos fan should have to go over half a decade without seeing one of our most cherished rituals.

Too bad we got rid of the one guy who actually tried to bring it back. (Hillis)
Old 05-07-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I was just thinking... I miss seeing the mile high salute. Sad how our last true back to use it was Mike Anderson in '05. No Broncos fan should have to go over half a decade without seeing one of our most cherished rituals.

Too bad we got rid of the one guy who actually tried to bring it back. (Hillis)
Yeah, I feel the same way. It was something unique and the military element appealed to me. Perhaps one of our young receivers will consider renewing this particular tradition (Decker?).
Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Defense has been a hot topic recently in the local media.

During an interview on 104.3, Xanders outlined the "current" LB corps to be:

WILL - Williams, Woodyard
MIKE - Mays, Irving
SAM - Miller, Mohamed

He said they'd carry 6 or 7 LBs - if 7, then the last guy will be a special teams ace. Notice no mention of Haggan or a bunch of the scrubs we currently have on the roster. Looks to be plenty of housecleaning going on (which is good).

At DT, someone (can't remember if it was Xanders or Fox) said they like Vickerson at 3-tech and are looking for options at NT. Xanders talked about Brandon Mebane (Seahawks RFA) as being "stout" and "hard to push off the ball", indicating he would play NT if he was in Denver's scheme.

As for the scheme itself:

Quote:
"You can call it anything you want," Fox said, "but we're going to line up and try to stop people and try to take the ball away. It's a 4-3 defense, but it will look like a lot of things."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17993382

Sounds like a bit of a hybrid, which isn't much of a surprise considering our new DC's background (46, 3-3-5). I'm thinking we'll see a good dose of 4-3 under as well - gives Doom 1-on-1 opportunities on the weak side and brings Miller up to the LOS to make full use of his burst.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

A couple of bold predictions for the 2011 season.

1. Jabar Gaffney will be our leading receiver.
Gaffney was a bogus call away from eclipsing 900 yards last season, he still finished with an impressive 850 yards (approx.) Gets no respect.

With Mcdaniels' pass happy offense gone, Demaryius out for a while, and teams likely paying a little more attention to B. Lloyd, Gaffney and Eddie Royal are the remaining WR's, and I look to the guy who put up the best numbers last year.

2. Darcel McBath will be the runner up for squad DMVP, second to #24. I don't know how confident I am in Doom posting 12+ sacks. While I think he certainly is capable of even 15, I think he'll put up a modest 10 or so. I think somebody is in line to explode in what will likely be Champ's last solid year at CB, and I don't think that person is gonna be Ayers, Von, Perrish, Sydquan, Mays, or you name it. I do think McBath will step it up and show why he was a 2nd round pick a few years ago.

3. Lance Ball or a player not yet on the roster will be the starting RB by week 6.

No explanation needed.

4. If we are one of the 2 worst teams in the league, we will draft Andrew Luck.

5. Despite Orton being on the hot seat, Denver will cut Brady Quinn based on merit. Sadly, that will leave the team with just 2 quarterbacks, making any move difficult.

Last edited by Jimmy : 05-09-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2. Darcel McBath will be the runner up for squad DMVP, second to #24. I don't know how confident I am in Doom posting 12+ sacks. While I think he certainly is capable of even 15, I think he'll put up a modest 10 or so. I think somebody is in line to explode in what will likely be Champ's last solid year at CB, and I don't think that person is gonna be Ayers, Von, Perrish, Sydquan, Mays, or you name it. I do think McBath will step it up and show why he was a 2nd round pick a few years ago.
I don't think McBath will even be able to beat out Rahim Moore. I see a Moore - Dawk tandem with McBath as a backup.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Guys, I'm writing a 2011 season preview and would like your always helpful insight on position battles.

WR (w/ no Demaryius)
DT
CB
S

What do you think the depth chart will look like at these positions on opening day/ who wont make the roster?

Last edited by Jimmy : 06-10-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Hey guys...
Just wanted to link you to the article I wrote for this upcoming season (knock on wood). Just wanted some constructive criticism, so feel free to blast away.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...ehensive-guide
Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
rahim's a FS (on the depth chart, i see where you list him there later). i also don't get the 'hate' for royal, given that he was underutilized because he was firmly in mcdaniels dog house.

also, really? you think *chris kuper* is better than clady? that's... shocking.
I couldn't figure out rahim... They say Renaldo Hill is going to take PT away from him.. Hill's a SS... And then everyone claims he's going to succeed Dawkins.. who is a FS.. or is he a SS?

The issue with Royal is that he's obviously not going to start over Lloyd, and I think Decker is better suited for #2 if he passes gaffney. Maybe gaffney will slide past royal to #4?

Seriously though, how many more "wait till next year" type years does eddie have left in him, especially at #4? I guess if B. Lloyd could do it, Eddie can.

As for Kuper being better than clady, we all know it isn't true. You called me on my ****, I guess. I made a statement to create a splash, but upon realizing it... there's really nothing I can say to back it up. Although I do think he's underrated.

edit: and yes, i guess putting a picture of eddie royal appearing to be dead as the article thumbnail is a bit too hard on him.

Last edited by Jimmy : 06-12-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Hey guys...
Just wanted to link you to the article I wrote for this upcoming season (knock on wood). Just wanted some constructive criticism, so feel free to blast away.
I think you missed a bit on the FB analysis - it seemed too focused on what things were like under McD. The fact is, we will use a FB a lot more this year. We're also likely to bring in help at this spot... someone like Mike Karney would be a cheap, effective upgrade.

As for the WR's, Royal's weakness seems to be reading the coverage. If the coaching staff are too stubborn to make the system fit the player (a la McD), then he'll continue to struggle.

I think rating the WR corps a "C" is rather pessimistic. IMO, it's one of the strengths of the team. Even the guys who are clinging to the bottom of the depth chart (Willis, Britt Davis) have potential. Thomas' injury situation is unfortunate, but I think the team could easily afford to sit him for the year so he can come back fully healthy next time.

I don't agree at all with your assessment of Beadles - he was definitely the most effective of our young linemen and looked pretty good once he finally got to settle in at G. He didn't take a lot of penalties and was sometimes the only guy getting a push in the run game. Hanging the bad rushing performance on him is not accurate - the two biggest problems IMO were 1) McD's offensive scheme / playcalling and 2) lack of continuity along the line due to injuries.

DT - Vickerson is actually a pretty decent player. If we put him beside a someone solid (e.g. Mebane or Cofield) I think he'll be fine. He's not good enough to carry the interior DL, though, so an upgrade here is pretty critical.

S - Hill is the one who played centerfield, so he's really the FS regardless of official titles. I think we'll see a lot of both safeties playing in coverage downfield - that's very much the classic Fox cover-2. Scheme-wise, Dawkins looks like the odd guy out to me - he may end up being a "starter" in name only with the young guys getting the lion's share of the playing time.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post

I think rating the WR corps a "C" is rather pessimistic. IMO, it's one of the strengths of the team. Even the guys who are clinging to the bottom of the depth chart (Willis, Britt Davis) have potential. Thomas' injury situation is unfortunate, but I think the team could easily afford to sit him for the year so he can come back fully healthy next time.
As much as I like to think we're an above average receiving corps, I think school grade inflation has really ****ed up what everyone's opinion of a true C is.

It's funny, because I had them at a B- first, but then realized I needed to stay true to my scale. If I was a teacher, I'd be that old guy that pisses everyone off because he believes in the bell-curve. I like to have as many F's as A's. Mind you I can't stand, can't stand, can't stand how, when 90% of draft experts do their post draft ratings, 80-90% of the grades are C's and up. Really Fox News? Just 1 team had a below average draft? 6 teams had average drafts? 25 teams had above average to great drafts? There's no point in a grading system if the scale on which it is based is flawed.

As much as I would like to think we have an above average squad, we're simply average, and I'll copy and paste something to add on to that in a bit.

Someone commented on my article saying the same thing you said. I had to respond and show him what I place at the beginning of my story:

The Position grade scale will go as follows.

A: Top 20% of the league

B: Top 21-40% of league

C- Middle 41-60% of the league

D- Bottom 61-80%

F- Last 81-100%

I then commented:

As for rating our WR's a B, there are at least 12, if not 16-20 recieving corps with better receivers than our Broncos.
Teams that undeniably have a better WR corps (no order)

1.Cowboys (D Bryant, R Williams, M Austin)
2.Packers (Jennings, Driver, James Jones, J. Nelson)
3. Giants (Nicks, Smith, Manningham)
4. Cardinals (Fitzgerald, Breaston, Doucet)
5. Falcons (R. White, J. Jones, M. Jenkins, H. Douglass)
6. Saints (Colston, Moore, Meachem, Henderson)
7. Ravens (Boldin, Mason, Housh)
8. Colts (Wayne, Garcon, Collie)
9. Jets (Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery)
10. Vikings (S. Rice, Harvin, Berrian)
11. Eagles (Jackson, Maclin)
12. Steelers (Wallace, Ward, E. Sanders, Randle El)

That's 12 of 32 teams. That means that at this very moment, Denver would grade out at the top 38% of the league, and, according to my first page, that's already only a B-. C's go to those teams with grades in the 40-60% range, and at least a third of the teams below have better WR corps than Denver does. That effectively makes Denver an average WR Corps, at a C, C+ tops.

Redskins (S. Moss, Hankerson, A. Armstrong,
Dolphins (Marshall, Bess, Hartline)
Bills (S. Johnson, Lee Evans, R. Perrish)
Panthers (S. Smith, AJ Green)
Bears (Hester, Knox, Bennett)
Lions (C. Johnson, N. Burleson)
Patriots (Welker, Branch)
Bucs (Williams, Benn, Stroughter)
Titans (Britt, Gage, Moss, Nate Washington)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Hey guys.. Sorry for bombarding you with my stuff..
I swear.. this one is a humor article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...roncos/page/10