Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
should we just start hoping for luck at this point?

but no, i will never root for a loss. i will root for an 8-8 season over a 3-13 season in which we get luck.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only a partial tear, not a full tear. So he may not be lost for the entire season. But yeah, bad luck. And Marcus Thomas, who's had a good camp, is now injured as well. The DT question marks continue to linger.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts from Preseason Game 2:

There's going to be some panic from the Tebow hype machine. He looks like he's getting pushed into the background, both by the play of the other QB's and the decisions of the team. Honestly, I think the best thing for him would be to sit and develop... but the media circus around him makes that very difficult.

The starters on both sides of the ball looked very solid. The 2nd string guys were decent as well. The 3rd offense didn't get much playing time and didn't do much with the time they had. The 3rd string defense was a ******* joke.

In terms of the rookies, Von Miller's warp speed stuff is just scary... he's going to be very dangerous with a little experience. Rahim Moore was laying the lumber out there in centerfield. Franklin outmuscled Dareus on the goal line and McGahee followed him in for the TD... if our mauler RT can keep improving on pass protect, he's going to be one of my favorite players.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn the Orton to Lloyd combo looks like it's going to be filthy once again.

Knowshon looks vastly improved, actually seems to have average speed at this point. His balance looks much improved, but I don't want to rush to judgement.

Glad to see that Orton is holding his own.

That Rahim hit was completely clean, and I say that as objectively as possible. I've seen the replay many times. The intention was clean. The hit was clean. The only reason it was blown out of proportion was the medical condition of the Bills WR. Absurd reaction by the announcers, automatically calling foul play just because of the recent witch-hunt esque campaign against head hunters.

I'm not supporting head hunters, but any fine against Rahim is unjust and absurd.

Watch. The. Replay. He's not going to hit him below the numbers, that would hurt his chances of jarring the ball free and would be a poor decision. People have their panties in a bunch because anatomically, the shoulder is located about half a foot from the helmet. So it looks like he leans with his helmet, but he clearly lead with his shoulder. I really hope Donald Jones is okay, but I don't want to hear this stuff that it was malicious or that Moore is a thug. For real though, to the sensationalist pricks who are calling for Moore's head. Watch the replay. Bills WR was clearly hit in the neck/collarbone area, not even a question. How can something be helmet-to-helmet if neither defensive or offensive player's helmets were involved? Also, I'm almost completely positive it was Jones's helmet WHIPLASHING/SMASHING against the hurt at 20 miles an hour while falling that cause his state. Rant over.

ill touch on more negatives later.

Last edited by Jimmy : 08-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sidenote: any of you guys who go to games in denver know 'the' bronco bus? it's the big school bus with the prime parking spot at the main entrance. they've been sponsored by bud light in the past (the bud light commercial at mile high was filmed at their bus).
The one that has the play on the old logo (horse coming out of a B) painted on the side? I got a very tasty burger from those guys... the fact that I'd smoked a fat joint immediately before hand probably didn't hurt the flavor sensation.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
That Rahim hit was completely clean, and I say that as objectively as possible. I've seen the replay many times. The intention was clean. The hit was clean. The only reason it was blown out of proportion was the medical condition of the Bills WR. Absurd reaction by the announcers, automatically calling foul play just because of the recent witch-hunt esque campaign against head hunters.
Agreed. The result of the play (i.e. injury) should have no bearing on the decision about the legality of the hit. Moore's shot was punishing but clean. As an aside, I really like that we have a centerfielder who can hit. It's been a while...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

http://www.9news.com/news/article/21...re-20K-for-hit

horse****

Quote:
DENVER - Denver Broncos safety Rahim Moore fined $20,000 by NFL for what the league says was an illegal hit made during Saturday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

With starters in, the game wasn't close (17-3). I feel bad for Seattle fans if the team insists on sticking with Jackson.

Doom + Miller is a filthy combination. We have lots of good options at WR & TE... cuts are going to be tough. Moreno played well again. The young DE we got from Washington, Jarmon, had some nice plays - seems like the move to a 4-3 team is exactly what he needed.

Nate Jones is still beyond terrible... it would be a complete injustice for him to survive the 1st round of cuts. Our backup OL also continues to be a near crisis. That #2 waiver priority is going to be a big advantage in terms of addressing these positions + interior DL.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Nate Jones is still beyond terrible... it would be a complete injustice for him to survive the 1st round of cuts.
In related news...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-ae7288dd25ad

Cuts aren't due until tomorrow, but for a team with the #2 waiver priority clearing some room in advance seems like a good idea.

Oh, one request: please refrain from any Orange Mane style meltdowns regarding this topic. Yes Jimmy, this means you...

Last edited by Diehard : 08-29-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, one request: please refrain from any Orange Mane style meltdowns regarding this topic. Yes Jimmy, this means you...
Just dropped over to Orange Mane to see what you are talking about. Freaking hilarious Jimmy. May as well get banned doing something spectacular. I must admit I didnt think you would last long there after the Rahim Moore hit thread. Orange Mane is extremely juvenile, and trying to do anything serious over there is a waste of time.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
wait, the mane would have a meltdown regarding cuts, or the waivers?
Our of our NFLDC family got a little hot under the collar. I won't hold it against him - the regulars at the OMane seem to spend most of their time trying to be clever / acting like douchebags. Actual football talk comes a distant second.

Quote:
i just can't see much hitting waivers that will be helpful this year, but maybe i'm (well, of course i am) pessimistic.
There should be OL available. Teams just can't justify carrying a whole bunch of extra bodies when you know they'll only see playing time when the starters get hurt.

Quote:
related: i finally got to see the donkeys. holy **** do i like von and doom on the edges. i know it was said at some point, but if the dts can just hold their ground, that should be dangerous.
Most of the warm bodies we have at DT / strongside DE should be able to at least hold the line. Bunkley in particular is quite an anchor. Vickerson, however, is showing he can do more than that - he was getting into the backfield from his 3 tech spot vs the 'Hawks.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
In related news...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-ae7288dd25ad

Cuts aren't due until tomorrow, but for a team with the #2 waiver priority clearing some room in advance seems like a good idea.

:)
No worries, posters here don't think Tebow will be become a surefire pro-bowl QB, nor do they cheer like madmen when a man looses his job, even if he deserved it more than anyone else on the roster.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
we desperately need depth everywhere and secondary help.

what's next?
My guess is that we will sign a CB today; Sydquan is out for the season with an achilles tear *tear-tear* I was really hoping this guy would compete for our nickel and it looks like he will have to wait a year to do that.

I'm on the fence with Cox and from what I've heard and seen, Vaughn is playing decently. But we need another guy asap.

Oh yeah, we need depth at every other position outside of RB/WR
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

The biggest priority is backup OL. The group we have is awful, especially the interior. The flawed line play was the single biggest reason why we didn't move the ball effectively last night... well, that and Brady Quinn self-destructing.

On the defensive side, the 2nd-3rd string guys got exposed in coverage. I really liked Mike Mohamed's effort at SLB against the run and as a blitzer, but when he got matched up with a TE downfield he was burnt toast. Our CB's weren't much better... Cox in particular looks like his head isn't in the game (for obvious reasons).

It's almost time for the cuts. I think we should get this done early again so the focus can be shifted to acquiring talent off the waiver wire. In terms of cuts to the 2nd and 3rd string:

QB - I think the only option here is Quinn, but that can only happen if they feel really good about Weber as #3

RB - Ball, Johnson, Minor... none of these guys should feel safe. They may make it to 53, only to be cut later to make room for a waiver wire acquisition. Ball's big advantage is his ties to the RB coach.

FB - Both should be cut, but Larsen is probably safe.

WR - Eron Riley has played well enough to make the team, which makes for some tough decisions. Britt Davis for sure is in trouble. I think Anderson sticks as he's a PR and we'll need that with Syd out. This means we end up carrying 6 WR's.

TE - Rosario doesn't deserve to make the team. Virgil Green looks like he's going to the PS. Those two things are probably good news for Gronkowski.

OL - None of the backups should feel safe, other than OT Adam Grant who should end up on the PS. RT Herb Taylor is probably the best of this bad bunch.

DE - Jason Hunter and Jeremy Jarmon are locks to make the team. Beal probably goes to PS. Everyone else is in trouble.

DT - Apart from the 3rd string no-namers (who will probably end up on the PS), the lack of depth will prevent us from dropping anyone.

LB - Haggan makes the team. I think the rookies (Irving, Mohamed) also stick, leaving the veteran scrubs on the chopping block.

CB - Chris Harris could stick as a special teamer/last CB, or hit the PS. Bing gets cut. Cox would've been cut, but with Syd out he sticks.

S - McCarthy and Carter are locks. With the emphasis on special teams reduced by this ridiculous kickoff rule, I think McBath will beat out Bruton for the 5th spot.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i would've figured bing would stick with the injuries, but i didn't see him in the first three games.
One of those two UDFA CB's (Harris, Bing) probably makes the PS.

For the 53 man roster, I really think the team would do better with a more experienced CB off of waivers. The lack of offseason activities has made the transition even more difficult for the rookies.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i guess i mean, i can't remember the last time anyone signed anyone of any value at this point. anyone getting waived is getting waived for a reason.
True, but sometimes teams are (relatively) stacked at certain positions or have veterans who are being pushed by younger, cheaper players.

ATL just dropped some DL we should take a close look at (Chauncy Davis, Trey Lewis). Arizona had two decent FB's and in the end cut Reagan Mauia - he's a significant upgrade over Larsen. I haven't seen any obvious CB candidates yet, and perhaps no team has great depth at that position. We'll find out soon enough...
Old 09-03-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Cut list

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...day-cuts/9260/

Quote:
WR David Anderson released
DE Jeremy Beal waived
CB Brandon Bing waived
LB Alvin Bowen waived
DT Ronnell Brown waived
G Jeff Byers waived
CB Perrish Cox waived
G Stanley Daniels waived
WR Britt Davis waived
WR D’Andre Goodwin waived
T Adam Grant waived
TE Dan Gronkowski waived
K Steven Hauschka waived
DT Jeremy Jarmon waived
RB Jeremiah Johnson waived
S Kyle McCarthy waived
G Eric Olsen waived
WR Greg Orton waived
DT DeMario Pressley waived
WR Eron Riley waived
LB Lee Robinson waived
TE Dante Rosario released
RB Austin Sylvester waived
QB Adam Weber waived
Some surprises there. I thought Jarmon > Harvey for sure - obviously coaches think otherwise. The number of receivers waived is very interesting... and they feeling confident about DT?

Seems likely the Riley, Goodwin, Grant, Weber, Beal end up on the PS.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Von Miller looked? I always liked Miller more in a 4-3 than 3-4. I likened him to Wilbur Marshall on the 85 Bears.

I don't know how you guys are using him. I'm assuming as a blitzing downhill LB on 1st and 2nd down and a DE on 3rd?

What's his weight? I thought 235 was a good weight for him, depending on how you guys play him. If he sees a lot of plays on the dline, then 245'ish.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really shocked about Jarmon's release. i think that is going to be a mistake.

Also, Unrein somehow survived, but he will surely be dropped for someone on waivers. Tommie Harris was cut today, and I think we should take a waiver on him. He looked good against the Packers the other day.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final 53
Rookie
Veteran Acquired

QB (3) Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
RB (3) Knowshon Moreno, Willis McGahee, Lance Ball
FB (1) Spencer Larsen
WR (5) Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal, Eric Decker, Matthew Willis, Demaryius Thomas
TE (3) Daniel Fells, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green
OT (4) Ryan Clady, Orlando Franklin, Chris Clark, Herb Taylor
OG (4) Zane Beadles, Chris Kuper, Russ Hochstein, Manny Ramirez
C (1) J.D. Walton

DE (4) Elvis Dumervil, Robert Ayers, Derrick Harvey, Jason Hunter
DT (6) Broderick Bunkley, Kevin Vickerson, Ty Warren, Marcus Thomas, Ryan McBean, Mitch Unrein
SLB (2) Von Miller, Mike Mohamed
MLB (3) Joe Mays, Mario Haggan, Nate Irving
WLB (2) D.J. Williams, Wesley Woodyard
CB (4) Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman, Cassius Vaughn, Chris Harris
SS (2) Brian Dawkins, Quinton Carter
FS (3) Rahim Moore, Darcel McBath, David Bruton

K: (1) Matt Prater
P: (1) Britton Colquitt
LS: (1) Lonnie Paxton
Old 09-04-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

anybody surprised that mccarthy got the boot?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
bah. harris is done.
Not going to disagree with you there, but you can't tell me you'd rather have Mitch Unrein.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB Jonathan Wilhite signed after being waived by New Engalnd last week, Darcel McBath cut to make room.

Practice Squad:

QB Adam Weber
RB Jeremiah Johnson
FB Austin Sylvester
WR Eron Riley
WR D'Andre Goodman
OT Adam Grant
DE Jeremy Beal
S Kyle McCarthy
Old 09-06-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How has Von Miller looked? I always liked Miller more in a 4-3 than 3-4. I likened him to Wilbur Marshall on the 85 Bears.

I don't know how you guys are using him. I'm assuming as a blitzing downhill LB on 1st and 2nd down and a DE on 3rd?

What's his weight? I thought 235 was a good weight for him, depending on how you guys play him. If he sees a lot of plays on the dline, then 245'ish.

Same question here.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched him vs the Seahawks in preseason. Abused James Carpenter all day pretty much.