Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
to be just a little bit positive: i love mcgahee. i was completely wrong on that signing. he's been terrific since we stopped trying to act like moreno should play and he definitely makes the offense go.
McGahee is the anti-Moreno: a strong, patient runner who gets the most out of the blocking. The way he picks through the line then bursts into the open field is pretty much a clinic on how to play the RB position.

We need to look for someone with the same kind of profile in the draft.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just happy to see an improvement in Tebow's game this week. That was a huge plus.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
god. jay cutler. i hate you so much mcdaniels.
He would've developed better too had he stayed here. I know were in a bad situation, but I have got to imagine he misses Clady blocking his blindside.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game you guys. Sorry njx.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whelp, I think Denver is out of the 'Suck for Luck' sweepstakes now, barring an epic second-half meltdown.

What do you guys think about that?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First time since 2009 we've won back to back games. I'm just going to shut my mouth, enjoy it, and smile.

Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we've been out since our third victory. now we're out of the 'any other good qb' sweepstakes. which means we get another year of having the worst starting qb in the nfl.
I don't know about "worst". Definitely the most "unpolished", though...

At least he can throw the deep ball. Both Royal and Decker had their hands on deep strikes that they couldn't bring in, then they got it right with that second shot to Decker.

If we could hit a half dozen downfield strikes a game, our offense would be a tough matchup for a lot of teams. Much like that one game against the Jets under Shanahan's regime - Cutler throwing deep and Hillis pounding away inside was a hell of a combination.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i wish i could. but if KC had someone with a pulse at DC, we'd have lost that game.
They did make some adjustments. However, they straight up lost the battle in the trenches. Our OL hasn't been great pass blocking, but their zone blocking in the run game is starting to look really good.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have been ****** for years now. We just beat the Raiders and Chiefs back to back. I am only thinking happy thoughts until thursday.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
our o line did look good. but there's no reason the chiefs shouldn't have consistently had 9 on the LOS and dared us to throw other than a complete coaching failure on their part. we were barely hitting hitch passes. meanwhile that read option was just gashing them over and over. if i were in charge in KC, the DC wouldn't be coming back to work tomorrow.
I couldn't have said it better myself. None of the coaching staff would be coming back after these last two weeks.

Sorry to derail! Congrats again.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
so the difference in your example as that cutler actually could throw. so team's had to respect it. i have no idea why team's are still acting like they need to care about tebow throwing.
Because when they don't, suddenly Decker is hauling in a 56 yarder for a score. Oakland got burnt as well last week with two 25+ yard TD strikes.

Yes, Tebow is a serious developmental project as a passer. But he flashes enough to make me think he could be the guy here. Christ, he's 3-1 as a starter on a team that was going nowhere fast with a crumbling Orton at the helm.

My main concern is that he's not really going to develop much as a passer if we only feed him 5-10 opportunities a game. Fox said this week they aim to go 60% run / 40% pass. Clearly, that was complete BS in light of the playcalling against the Chiefs, but I'd like to see them move towards that balance as I think we'd get a better sense of where Tebow is at by the end of the year.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think McDaniels getting fired and the lockout happening were two things that really slowed Tebow's development. That throw to Decker was terrific, but the fact remains that he only attempted 8 passes so they don't really want to pass. The biggest issue with him so far has been his timing. The other issue is that he is a little too eager to run when pressure shows up, instead of keeping his eyes downfield. Both of these things are fixable with more reps and film study.
It doesn't look like the Broncos can get their hands on one of the top quarterbacks with their wins, so how Tebow progresses in practice and how he handles this offseason will go a long way for how good he can be.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how many times are you really going to call a pass when tebow spends 94% of the game skipping the ball in front of his receiver's feet
saw this really ... just... blah... video posted on the Mane regarding that throw. (yeah, i started a new user name and cooled my jets over there)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...Tebow-s-smarts

Does Fox actually believe Tebow has the mental capability to make that decision? If he does, we are F****d.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
saw this really ... just... blah... video posted on the Mane regarding that throw. (yeah, i started a new user name and cooled my jets over there)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...Tebow-s-smarts

Does Fox actually believe Tebow has the mental capability to make that decision? If he does, we are F****d.
Dock his accuracy all you want, but I don't see anything to warrant judging his mental capability.

All QBs make mistakes, especially young QBs. NFL football IQ is gained through experience, which, quite frankly, Tebow doesn't have much of. Even as a Tebow supporter, I have my reservations about his accuracy for obvious reasons. But I have no doubt that he can make the smart play (e.g. he has 7 or 8 TDs to only 1 INT through 4.5 games).

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Dock his accuracy all you want, but I don't see anything to warrant judging his mental capability.

All QBs make mistakes, especially young QBs. NFL football IQ is gained through experience, which, quite frankly, Tebow doesn't have much of. Even as a Tebow supporter, I have my reservations about his accuracy for obvious reasons. But I have no doubt that he can make the smart play (e.g. he has 7 or 8 TDs to only 1 INT through 4.5 games).
You have to remember we're not asking him to make many tough/risky throws that would produce INTS. I don't know if that's smart play on his part, or just routine dink and dunk passes.

We're not asking him to go through triple progressions most of the time, and as of later, we're really not even asking him to throw the ball.

I'm assuming that most of that has to do with his ability to throw a football. I'd imagine that some of it has to do with what information he has retained thus far, his ability to read defenses, though. I'm no expert, I just get the sense that he isn't the most cerebral QB out there.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys.

And yeah, Von Miller is a monster. Fantastic player.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i will be happy that we won this week. i will wait at least three, maybe four days to berate tebow (i should say, i'll try). i'm ecstatic that denver is winning.

and i ******* love von miller.
Holy ****. You're happy. I'm finding that a little disturbing...
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
does it help that i posted through the virtual equivalent of clenched teeth?
Yes, that makes me more comfortable with the situation... <grin>
Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Rex

Priceless...
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
iand i ******* love von miller.
Same! Marcel Dareus and Patrick Peterson will be great, but Miller is going to be SPECIAL. I'll gladly eat my words and say that Denver made an excellent draft pick!

Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And he is only going to get better guys :)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

If our defense continues to play as well as it has recently, how much will that change our drafting strategy after the season?

We may no longer be in contention for Trent Richardson, but if he somehow fell in our laps or if he was within reasonable reach, I don't see how we can pass up not getting him. He's one of the most gifted and polished college RBs I've watched, and with how much we like to run, that escalates the value of a strong RB.

McGahee and Moreno are serviceable--when healthy. Their durability concerns scare me more than "just a bit," though.

I know that we still have some huge gaps on defense, but we need to move the chains on offense. Having regular 3-and-outs hurts our defense just as much as not having enough talent. Hope you don't crucify me for saying this, njx!

Thoughts?

Old 11-18-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller is a manbeast, that is all.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a drafting strategy i think you almost need to leave the offense alone. While Tebow is starter, the effectiveness of the offense will pretty much hinge on his development. I would hate the idea of drafting to "help" him in this offense, as their is no guarantee of how long it will last. The defense is showing signs of life, so lets turn it into a genuine top flight defense. Tebow magic depends on having a defense that can keep his ****** play in the game until the last quarter. Take a cb, take dt, or take a mlb.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
If our defense continues to play as well as it has recently, how much will that change our drafting strategy after the season?
I think we'll still go BPA to some extent. If that means we end up adding another playmaker to the D, great.

Quote:
We may no longer be in contention for Trent Richardson, but if he somehow fell in our laps or if he was within reasonable reach, I don't see how we can pass up not getting him.
There are enough teams needing offensive playmakers that he won't slide very far. I'd much prefer we avoid trading up, which is related to the BPA thing. There will be good players available at our draft spot if we aren't picky about addressing need. Really, our "need" is talent across the board.