Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
my problem is still that his footwork and motion destroy his accuracy almost every time. he did make some good throws today, and if he could hit those throws repeatedly, i'd think we'd be ok. but then he BADLY misses on a play we had to have at the end of the 4th.
Yeah, definitely. It's gonna be all about consistency for Tim. He showed the flashes today, he just needs to make that the norm, so when he has games like this we aren't freaking out going HOLY **** TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think consistency is going to come after a full offseason to properly work on his footwork. I think we've seen that he's completely changed his throwing motion, and that is what he's been focusing on since he really entered the NFL. It definitely shows as his throwing motion is definitely a lot better than it was when he entered the league, and is more compact. Now I think he needs to tackle footwork which will improve his accuracy, and with footwork he is going to have to improve his pocket awareness as well. And he's just going to get better and better at going through his progressions/reading coverages as he plays more. The important thing right now is to improve his footwork though, the other parts of the game will come after he gets these fundamentals down.

I'm fairly confident that Tebow will be the starter next year.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season is limiting my life span by atleast 2 years. Wow.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NJX how do you feel after this win? I've seen many of your posts though the years, but honestly does this win make you believe we should build behind Tebow? With his inconsistencies do you believe his upside is worth it?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

It should also be noted that John Fox,Mike
McCoy, ( to an extent ) and Dennis Allen are keepers.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
meh. don't get me wrong, i'm stoked we won and are still playing (i think it hasn't sunk in that that actually happened yet). and i think tebow's bought himself another year as the guy. but i'm hesitant. until he can string together a couple of decent performances, it's tough to see him as the full future. i mean, he was just AWFUL to end the season. and this is really the first game he threw like an nfl qb, and he still couldn't hit a short pass to save his life.
I'm not one to usually get caught up over a single game but how do you not feel that excitement at all over this game. It was clearly David vs. Goliath. I may be in the moment now, but I hope we keep working with Tebow. I truly believe that this young man along with the this new set of coaches has elevated the motivation game in and game out of this squad.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think his throwing motion really did get better so I'll disagree there. It isn't pretty but it is functional and it works well enough. I think footwork is a much bigger concern and in general is much more important than throwing motion which gets a lot of attention because it is easier for a lay person to notice. Anyway I'm excited to see what he can do with an offseason, I've never been a Tebow fanatic but I'm an overall optimist for the Broncos.

Also I read this article because it appeared on Aziz Ansari's twitter. It isn't really about football but you can definitely relate it to us http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=1
Old 01-08-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget all the sports writers. You should enjoy this. Tebow has you guys playing in the second round of the playoffs. There are a lot of teams that would trade with you right now. Like my team, for instance.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hell Yeah!

I'm down in Mexico this week, and had the pleasure of watching this game at one of the many poolside bars at the resort. 2 for 1 gin and tonics and a bunch of pissed off Steelers fans made my day a particularly sweet one... :)

The first round combo of DT and Tebow was money today. We need to see more of that. Credit to McCoy for calling a much better game after ugliness of the first few series... It seemed like the handcuffs were suddenly taken off and the offense really responded well.

McGahee really needs to do a better job securing the ball. Mays also looked awful at times, whiffing on a bunch of tackles.

Anyway, it's all good and I'm flying high on a combination of euphoria and alcohol. I'm sure I'll pay the price tomorrow, but nothing a poolside nap and some greasy food won't fix.

Oh yeah.... GO BRONCOS!!!
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I'm down in Mexico this week, and had the pleasure of watching this game at one of the many poolside bars at the resort. 2 for 1 gin and tonics and a bunch of pissed off Steelers fans made my day a particularly sweet one... :)

The first round combo of DT and Tebow was money today. We need to see more of that. Credit to McCoy for calling a much better game after ugliness of the first few series... It seemed like the handcuffs were suddenly taken off and the offense really responded well.

McGahee really needs to do a better job securing the ball. Mays also looked awful at times, whiffing on a bunch of tackles.

Anyway, it's all good and I'm flying high on a combination of euphoria and alcohol. I'm sure I'll pay the price tomorrow, but nothing a poolside nap and some greasy food won't fix.

Oh yeah.... GO BRONCOS!!!
Mays is awful. He ends up in the right spot at times, but if defenses are always as bad as the worst player we still have a ways to go to have a good one.

Sounds like a nicer place to watch the game than I had. I was in the gym lobby at work by myself (only tv at work I could watch discretely). Game started at 8:30am (monday morning here). Missed the second quarter while at a meeting, then back to the gym. Many strange looks by people walking past while I was standing on the sofa, fist pumping after DTs catch and run.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win.

Just curious... how does everyone feel about McDaniels trading Cutler and Marshall for Tebow and Thomas now?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Congrats on the win.

Just curious... how does everyone feel about McDaniels trading Cutler and Marshall for Tebow and Thomas now?
I am in the minority here in that I didnt like Cutler (maybe because I liked Plummer better, or maybe because he was a flopsy haired mopey tool). Not particularly upset when we traded him. Marshall needed to be traded for his actions. He is an overgrown 5th grader. He was a handy player, but whatever.

That being said, today doesnt really change anything as njx said. For better or worse we have moved on and too much football has been played for respospective whatifs. Cutler and marshall are still better players than tebow and DT, but the broncos today are very different from when we had them.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
to be clear, i don't think any broncos fan really regrets losing marshall, after the **** he pulled towards the end. dude appeared to be on a massive downward spiral before mcdaniels even got here.
Yeah, BM was a head case even by WR standards... And that's saying something.

Getting rid of the douche bags has created a real team. Check out that video of the Broncos locker room after the game to see what I mean. credit John Fox as well - he seems to have played a big role in bringing all the guys together.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

So it's the day after...

Any predictions on this upcoming weekend fellas?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England's defense is a lot worse than Pittsburgh's, even a gimpy Pittsburgh's. If Tebow can make the throws he made yesterday, we're going to put up points. If the safeties drop back, we should be able to run the ball, too. If Tebow plays with that confidence and ability, the Pats D will need to pick their poison. It's going to be difficult but I'm hoping for a much better showing offensively than in week 15. We need to have no turnovers.

Defense is going to need to be better. They weren't bad yesterday, but a not bad defense gets shredded for 50 points by the Patriots. I'm hopeful for this one, and think we have a puncher's chance, but obviously odds are New England wins big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

I don't know what to think of Jay Cutler to be honest. I'm not really sure what would have happened if he stayed in Denver.

I don't regret Marshall though, I think Thomas can be a better player than him TBH. Thomas is a better a deep threat though I think Marshall is more dangerous after the catch, but Thomas isn't too bad there either.

I think as long as we don't lose the turnover battle like we did versus the Pats the first time it will at least be pretty close. I think it is complete ******** that people said that Belicheck stopped Tebow, he didn't do that and I think it was one of the games that Tebow actually looked like a good passer. If we don't make those dumb mistakes and our defense makes some plays this is a winnable game, but I think it is definitely a tougher matchup than the Steelers. The biggest reason is just that there is going to be a lot of pressure on our offense to score and keep up with the Patriots.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default At least it was fun while it lasted

Eh, no big surprise we got smacked by the Pats. Scrubs in the secondary + scrubs on the OL left us wide open.

I missed the whole game stuck on the plane back from Mexico, but just spent some time catching up. A few thoughts re: the draft / FA...

OL - both guards got pushed back too often and Franklin got beat badly off the snap in pass protect. Getting Kuper back off IR will help, but I think a good case could be made to punt Franklin to G, punt Beadles to the bench and then bring in someone to man the RT spot. If not, grab someone to man the LG spot.

MLB - May is crap. Coverage is sucking and he's whiffing on tackles. Since they basically redshirted Irving, we've got a big question mark here. Another body to compete for the starting spot would be wise.

S - Ugh. IMO Carter will be good, but the rest is a mess. Bruton, Moore, Bush... they're crap and got torn apart by Brady. Maybe Moore gets his confidence back, but I wouldn't want to count on it. Dawkins is too old to rely on to stay healthy.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pardon the irrelevancy and poor timed nature of this post, but I've been for 7 years and I still have no clue what any of you guys really do for a living, or what states you live in. Any of you care to fill me in? There's going to be a significant lul on this board over the next few months on account of the fact that our season just ended. Might as well talk about something.

I'll start – I started posting here (in Connecticut) a month before my 14th birthday, mainly as a way to procrastinate/avoid school work. At one point (around the time I joined)NFLDC was the #1 object of distraction for me, and the reason why my grades were so poor. That and Madden.

I then went off to an all-guys boarding school a year after I joined this site, and after repeating freshman year and spending 4 years there, I graduated and now I'm a sophomore journalism major at a school in Boston, surrounded by a bunch of self righteous Patriots fans. Still posting, but I've never repeated my posts-per-day numbers that I put up back in the middle-late portion of the previous decade.

Why I'm a Broncos fan in CT: My father moved out to Jackson Hole in the 70's and later went on to Boulder, where he became a Broncos fanatic. He moved back to the east coast in the 80's, and when I was born I wanted to be just like dad. By the age of 6 I knew the entire Broncos starting line up. I was the only kid east of the mississippi who wrote about the Broncos in his weekly composition/show and tell book.

Last edited by Jimmy : 01-16-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

After watching the niners on saturday, it shows that to play defense against an elite offense you need to be getting in the face of the QB every play. Cant do that with only ends that can rush - needs to come from inside as well. Also need dbs that can catch.

So you are right njx, a disruptive dt and a cb that can flat out play is high on the list for me. I have also banged on about how important a mlb is for a year or two (man i wish al wilson was still around).

Offense - who knows. The oline is really young. They may be okay to leave for the time being. It would be good to get a rb that is a threat to score whenever he touches the ball. Even if he is only a ten touch a game guy. Ball, johnson or moreno coming in to backup mcgahee or on thrid downs is not inspiring.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

RE: CB - keep in mind that we have two young guys on IR (Syd and Vaughn), so we have some depth there. I'm not sold on either one as a solution to the #2 spot, though, so if there's good value at CB when we pick then I think we should pull the trigger.

I think S is better addressed in FA. I don't think we can afford to burn another pick at that position. We've got a slew of young guys who are all unproven commodities already.

In terms of impact, though, I think inside pass rush would make the biggest difference to the success of the defense. It's not a great draft to be looking for a DT, though. Fletcher Cox could be a guy to look at in the 2nd (if he slides that far...)

@ Jimmy - I live in Edmonton, Alberta, which is the northern wing of the Broncos Nation. I'm a manager with the department of education - my team crunches data and evaluates the performance of the system. I have lots of connections with Colorado (old friends living in both Ft. Collins and Springs), which is where my interest in the Broncos came from.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

@Jimmy - I moved to Australia about 6 years ago to work at a University in the engineering department (lecturing/research/etc.). Was at Colorado School of Mines before that (living in Golden).
Old 01-16-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Kinda sucks that teams are after our OC and DC. Hurts to lose good coordinators in a rebuilding phase.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Kinda sucks that teams are after our OC and DC. Hurts to lose good coordinators in a rebuilding phase.
I think Allen would be a pretty significant loss. I'm not sure about McCoy... our playcalling was very predictable, but that could very well be Fox's influence.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

I'd hate to lose Dennis Allen. He seems to get alot of the little we have on D.

As long as we have Tebow I think McCoy is the man. Then again, what OC would come in to work around Tebow if we lost McCoy?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
i don't think either CB we currently have is more than a future nickel guy. if i'm wrong, great, i think our ends with a serviceable DT and some great CBs would be terrifying. but it's a position we need to be ready to plug talent into, since who knows how much longer champ will want to stick around.

i'd also suggest that, if we just want interior pass rush, we should also be looking at bigger DEs and watch what, say, the giants did with their linemen (guys who would've been ends on other teams were shifted down and in to create pressure, for instance) a couple of years ago. if warren's remotely healthy and bunkley can play, i'd be less worry about the running down guys.

personally, live in denver, but work a job with a **** ton of travel. grew up just west of denver, went to school for two hellish years in western mass before finishing up my drinking/burning things at CU.
I really hope we have no problems resigning him. Both Bunkley and Marcus Thomas are FAs.