Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-09-2006, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Atlanta Falcons Discussion

Discuss the Falcons here.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Eep! A new Falcons forum! We're all back to an even playingfield! lol...but...I'm STOKED about us picking up Schulters...he's going to help this team out a LOT.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Webster injured his groin in Wednesday's practice, out indefinitely. Jimmy Williams to start.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Jimmy can shone his skills. iloxygenil and I where discussing this the other day, but who are some of the guys you want in the draft?

Assuming we get 2 firsts, I'd like to see us get either Lynch, Ginn or Landry
Old 11-09-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can't wait to see it...I don't care if he gets beat a few times...a young guy with loads of potential, learning what to do at the Pro level and how to adapt, vs a vet getting beat...I'll take it. I wanna see Jimmy do well, I wanna see him adapt to the pro game. I also wonder if with Schulters coming in if MAYBE he'll steal some snaps from Crocker...or if he'll play nickel...I hate to see Webster hurt for depth reasons. Who are we going to have step up? Rossy? no thanks...not unless Jennings is full time return guy...because last year Allen wasn't up to both.

I am thinkin Jimmy on the field is a big time positive for us. Especially since he'll be out there every snap. I know he's going to be able to make some plays...I hope he makes the coaching staff look stupid for waiting this long to play him. Here's to Jimmy and Deangelo's first of MANY starts together over the next few years
Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Oh yeah...and in the draft...I REALLY would be so happy to see Ginn here...I know we don't need to spend another first round pick on a wideout...especially not one with bust potential...but could you imagine having 4 guys who run legit 4.3 or better? Vick + Norwood + Lelie + Ginn...WOW...just imagine...and Jenkins isn't slow at 4.41...that'd be exciting to see =) Unleash the Vick!

But in all honesty...If we can get Samardja (sp?) to slip into the 2nd round to us...that'd be the best value prolly...simply because he is a Finneran type guy...goes out makes tough catches...but he's faster than Brian...I dunno...

I am really worried about defense as well...and now with Webster getting hurt AGAIN...could we look to a pick of a guy like Antoine Cason from Arizona? I know we'd have a lot of money tied up in DBs...but man...I'd sure love to see another quality corner for depth...also could let us be flexible (if we get a DC with some imagination) with Jimmy's skill set. Let him play corner, but sometimes allow him to flow into a Safety role and put Cason opposite Hall with Jimmy and Crocker back...letting Milloy take a breather. Then again...a Saftey would be a novel idea for us to draft...since we beat ourselves by not picking one up this season. Imagine Pat Watkins in the 4th instead of Crocker...man that would have been brilliant.

Or who knows...if we had passed on Jimmy and let Detroit take him we'd have gotten Bullocks...that'd have been cool too. I am just hoping defense starts to step up...DE is also a HUGE concern especially if we don't get Kerney back in here for CHEAP. Could look to trade up for a guy like Gaines Adams maybe...or wait and see if a Lamarr Woodley type falls to us...and with 2 firsts...who knows what could happen. Especially since we don't have any pressing NEEDS...other than WR coach and DC...
Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'm just really interested to see how well Jimmy Williams will play in his first start, the man has a ton of potential and we could have the next deadly duo of CB's in him and DeAngelo.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes it would be one heck of a deadly duo. I just hope he can pan out, but i think he will. the potential is without a doubt there
Old 11-09-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Those 2 playing up to their potential could definately put us atop all of the CB combos in the league. But...who knows...maybe we like Jimmy at Safety...that could be fun too...and draft a guy like Cason...

I'm hoping we leave Webster and Mathis off the 53 man roster next season...if that means we have to draft a couple more DBs early on...I'm fine with that...I'm sick of people who don't belong in the NFL being on our roster. I would be much happier with our depth chart looking like this next season

LCB: Deangelo / Cole
RCB: Jimmy / Cason
SS: Milloy / Rouse
FS: Schulters / Lowe

I mean...lets cut the crap...we have an almost elite team...lets seperate the wheat from the chaff...if that means Mora is let go so he can get over his crushes on 49ers that suck at the game of football...then so be it.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
FS: Landry

QFT
Old 11-09-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

That's fine as well...Landry is cool...I just am not sold on any player from the SEC.

Jimmy hurt his ankle...didn't practice today...that's no good. I want him 100% for the game...but he needs as many reps in practice as possible.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
That's fine as well...Landry is cool...I just am not sold on any player from the SEC.

Jimmy hurt his ankle...didn't practice today...that's no good. I want him 100% for the game...but he needs as many reps in practice as possible.

Landry is more than cool.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Hopefully we don't get caught with 2 trap games in a row. Crocker has been real bad lately, but hopefully playing against his old team motivates him, and brings his game up.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need an upgrade at Safety. Last year we had Safeties that couldn't tackle, now we have Safeties that cannot cover. For once I wish we had an elite Safety that can do both.

Defensive End is another; Kerney may or may not be resigned, and Abraham clearly isn't reliable.

Offensive Line depending on if Gibbs is still in Atlanta. If not, McKay will likely add someone early.

Running Back; Dunn is wearing down, and Norwood doesn't seem to be more than a Tatum Bell/RBBC back.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Shiver, Landry is that saftey, and also, I feel Norwood can be a fulltime back. He just needs a decent backup. But I'd love to see Marshawn Lynch here
Old 11-12-2006, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I agree on Landry, but he's a top-15 pick, so I hope we don't get him. I like Michael Griffin and Reggie Nelson in the late first.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I agree on Landry, but he's a top-15 pick, so I hope we don't get him. I like Michael Griffin and Reggie Nelson in the late first.

The Raiders or Lions will be in the top 15. And they need a QB
Old 11-12-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

What the **** is our problem?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

FIRE MORA!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

All I will say is this: our receivers and O-Line have played bad like they did these past two weeks, but this is by far the worst I have ever seen Michael Vick play in consecutive games. It's disconcerting to say the least. Earlier in the year, I was very impressed with his development. These past two games have been ugly in a lot of ways for the whole team, but the disregard for ball security is not excusable. This team is lost, they have the look of a team that has given up. I have no confidence in Jim Mora to turn us around, like he could've done last year. Good teams, with good coaches, do not lose these kinds of games, period.

Jeff Fisher?

Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I'm going to agree with your sig Shiver. All Falcons fan who agree, but what Shiver has in his sig in your own. Im doing that now
Old 11-13-2006, 07:58 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Mora? LOL. Just a few weeks ago you were praising the coaching staff and calling Mike Vick god. Now that there's adversity, someone's head is off. When the Falcons win big games again, your tune will change.

This message brought to you by Mr. Anti-Overreaction

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Fire Mora? LOL. Just a few weeks ago you were praising the coaching staff and calling Mike Vick god. Now that there's adversity, someone's head is off. When the Falcons win big games again, your tune will change.

This message brought to you by Mr. Anti-Overreaction
No...I thought Mora was good...but I'm realizing more and more that he cannot get our team up for simple games. He is falls into EVERY trap game. These 2 PATHETIC teams and we made them look like Super Bowl contenders. I can't handle watching that crap ALL the time. It's like you just know we're going to win next week because now our team HAS to get up and be ready for the game. We are going up against a stellar defense, so that means Vick is gonig to be on point...our coaches will take time with the offensive line this week and make them work their pass protection. Our WRs will suddenly develop hands and catch everything. It's insane to be this up and down with the talent we have. We blame players over and over, but there's only so much blame they can take, until it falls on coaching. It's time that Mora took heat. Can't handle it anymore...7-0 or bust...this team SHOULD win 12 games...I want Abe back...and I want our offensive line to not SUCK. I want our QB to be able to count on his recievers. I can't take this anymore...lets win games...that's what all this money is being spent for.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I basically agree with everything people have said here about Jim Mora Jr., if you can't win those games that you are expected to, how can you possibly be a playoff contender?? Also, Warrick Dunn has been really dissappointing me as of late and I think that Lelie should have caught that TD at the end of the half, it would have been 14-7 instead of 14-3 going into the half and we still might have won, we really need a sure handed reciever on this team to help out Vick, what I have seen in the past couple of weeks has been pathetic.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the first game I've seen of the Falcons, and I'm not trying to insight anything here, it's actually more of a question. Is this the bad hands of the recievers that you've been talking about all year? Cause if so, I think Vick shares at least 30-40% of that blame. He has no touch on any of his throws, and they were put in positions that were hard for the players to adjust to. Granted, the ball hit their hands on numerous occasions, and they should make those plays, but it wouldn't hurt for Vick to help them out either.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote