Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-22-2006, 07:01 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the Saints Team Discussion page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.
I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.
I'll take you up on that bet, Shiv. I think the Saints could win, but on the same token I could see the Falcons upsetting us.

Just letting you folks know.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, we'd better win, or I will have a freakin Reggie Bush sig. :x

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not sure if the Falcons are going to pull this one off. I know we can, we're more talented than they are, but our coaching is attrocious and it seems like our injuries are too much to overcome. Here's to hoping. If we win this game, we're still in good position to make our way into the playoffs and win our division...we'll see...but if we lose this week, we'll be hoping for 8-8
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
I'm not sure if the Falcons are going to pull this one off. I know we can, we're more talented than they are, but our coaching is attrocious and it seems like our injuries are too much to overcome. Here's to hoping. If we win this game, we're still in good position to make our way into the playoffs and win our division...we'll see...but if we lose this week, we'll be hoping for 8-8
let's look at the positives:
we get back Lehr (LG starter), Jimmy Williams (RCB starter), Hartwell (MLB starter) and possibly John Abraham this week. this shoudl be a good boost for us.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I honestly would rather have Clabo than Lehr
Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Moss to Atlanta for Schaub a LEGIT possibility? I know they need a QB, and it looks more and more that they are going to have to spend some draft picks on WR...Calvin Johnson could be their first round pick.

So Atlanta gives up Schaub and gets Moss in return. Instead of giving up their early first and third they give up an aging Superstar with a bad attitude, but more talent than just about anyone in the league at a position the Falcons need desperately. I would honestly concider it...I want a WR who is elite...not another #2 trying to stretch into a #1. I want a WR with some serious hands. If that means we give up Schaub for a first and third, then trade up to get Calvin, that's FINE, but I want a REAL WR.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly would rather have Clabo than Lehr
yeah but I woudl rather have Lehr than Alexander. Clabo is playing RG right now.

Quote:
Moss to Atlanta for Schaub a LEGIT possibility? I know they need a QB, and it looks more and more that they are going to have to spend some draft picks on WR...Calvin Johnson could be their first round pick.

So Atlanta gives up Schaub and gets Moss in return. Instead of giving up their early first and third they give up an aging Superstar with a bad attitude, but more talent than just about anyone in the league at a position the Falcons need desperately. I would honestly concider it...I want a WR who is elite...not another #2 trying to stretch into a #1. I want a WR with some serious hands. If that means we give up Schaub for a first and third, then trade up to get Calvin, that's FINE, but I want a REAL WR.
it is our WR coachthat is the problem. not the WR. but if we get Moss, we won;t have to re-sign Lelie. we could re-sign Duckett for vet minimum.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Oh I think George Stewart needed walking papers 2 years ago...but I want an elite WR...not just a bunch of #2s with a lot of talent that don't know how to dominate a game.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh I think George Stewart needed walking papers 2 years ago...but I want an elite WR...not just a bunch of #2s with a lot of talent that don't know how to dominate a game.
this is where you and I differ. IMO if Jenkins caught the easy balls instead of just the tough ones he catches he could be a top 5 WR in the game. he has the speed, the toughness and the nose for the endzone. he just needs the hands. give him a guy like terence Mathis and his route running can be even more refined and we could be lookign at a taller version of TO in Jenkins.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-23-2006, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss' lack of effort has turned me off to him, no doubt the FO feels the same way. It would be cheaper to re-sign Lelie.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:13 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Moss' lack of effort has turned me off to him, no doubt the FO feels the same way. It would be cheaper to re-sign Lelie.
I think we re-sign Lelie as well as fire Stewart and hire terence Mathis.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-23-2006, 10:12 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I love Jenkins! I think he's fantastic...but he loses concentration on the easy passes it seems like. I don't care who we bring in as a WR coach...I just want one who used to be a WR...not an OG. I don't know if Jenkins is THAT good...but I hope I'm wrong.

I think with Moss and Jenkins lining up across from each other that could help us out...with Lelie in the slot...then again...we get Finn back next season...but will he be slower than he is already?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:14 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
I love Jenkins! I think he's fantastic...but he loses concentration on the easy passes it seems like. I don't care who we bring in as a WR coach...I just want one who used to be a WR...not an OG. I don't know if Jenkins is THAT good...but I hope I'm wrong.

I think with Moss and Jenkins lining up across from each other that could help us out...with Lelie in the slot...then again...we get Finn back next season...but will he be slower than he is already?
Finneran will be as slow as Crumpler. so his normal speed. Lelie may not be re-signed to be in the slot with moss. White has been turning it on lately too. what we need is for Terence Mathis to coach the WR's. re-sign Lelie and fire Stewart and our WR's will do better.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-23-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I'm not sold on Finn yet...we'll see...I'm just excited to get some serious defense in here in Atlanta...if that means Donatell is gone...so be it...we need a real defense.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not sold on Finn yet...we'll see...I'm just excited to get some serious defense in here in Atlanta...if that means Donatell is gone...so be it...we need a real defense.
so you want Tenuta eh? his scheme woudl work amazingly well and all we would have to do is draft a guy like Woodley to complete the personnel for it.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-23-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
so you want Tenuta eh? his scheme woudl work amazingly well and all we would have to do is draft a guy like Woodley to complete the personnel for it.
To be honest I have no idea about Tenuta...but anything is better than bend don't break...I want a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well, it sounds like we will finally have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back. Hopefully, for good. That will help a lot, we need all the help we can get against the Saints O.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:00 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, it sounds like we will finally have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back. Hopefully, for good. That will help a lot, we need all the help we can get against the Saints O.
I don't like Hartwell...it keeps Demorrio off the field...and he's the best LB we have on this team right now...if Abe can get 1/2 the pressure he did in week 1 this week, we could be lookin good =) I'll be happy with someone finally making the QB move around to make a play instead of getting to just go through their routine.

Jimmy and Deangelo prepare to feast!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:19 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
I don't like Hartwell...it keeps Demorrio off the field...and he's the best LB we have on this team right now...if Abe can get 1/2 the pressure he did in week 1 this week, we could be lookin good =) I'll be happy with someone finally making the QB move around to make a play instead of getting to just go through their routine.

Jimmy and Deangelo prepare to feast!
Demorrio is not our best backer right now. they are running right at him just like they did last year. Brooking is our best backer right now. But Hartwell coming back means a LB rotation and they will all be fresher. it also means another possibility for rush end and the reason why I say you woudl like Tenuta is that he runs a Zone blitz defense that puts the CB's on islands. it also uses multiple fronts so we could be giving looks from the 4-3, the 3-4, the 3-3-5, the 4-4 and the 5-2 even at the NFL level. it woudl confuse people and no one wwould know what hit them. add in a guy like Woodley in this years draft and re-sign Kerney and it woudl work even better:
4-3
LE - Kerney/Woodley
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson/Shropshire
UT - Coleman/Babineaux/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
WLB - Brooking/Williams
MLB - Hartwell/Beck
SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
3-4
LE - Coleman/Babineaux
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
RE - Shropshire/Kerney
WOLB - Abraham/Woodley
WILB - Brooking/Beck
SILB - Hartwell/Beck
SOLB - Boley/Williams
3-3-5
LE - Coleman/Babineaux
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
RE - Shropshire/Kerney
WLB - Williams/Beck
MLB - Brooking/Beck
SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
4-4
LE - Kerney/Woodley
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson/Shropshire
UT - Coleman/Babineaux/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
WOLB - Williams/Beck
WILB - Brooking/Beck
SILB - Hartwell/Beck
SOLB - Boley/Beck
5-2
LE - Woodley/Davis
LUT - Babineaux/Kerney
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
RUT - Coleman/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
LLB - Brooking/Beck
RLB - Boley/Williams

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Then get him here! Now! Fire Donatel midseason I don't care...bring that guy in! That'd be fantastic. I have always wanted someone who could implement multiple looks on the defensive front...I watch games and its like...oh yeah...there we go...I love to watch defense. If we could get a Woodley in this years draft I'd be happy. One thing also that concerns me is our LBs...Demorrio isn't signed for next year...Beck...well...apparently he can't catch on because even with injuries the kid doesn't get to play. Hartwell is constantly hurt, so signing another LB would be a good thing, right? Like picking up a Patrick Willis type player. Or a Buster Davis...be nice additions to this squad in the 2nd / 3rd round. If we get Tentua maybe we'd get a draft that looked like this...after getting a 2nd rounder for Schaub (I think we'll get more but for the sake of argument)

1.) Lamarr Woodley
2a.) Reggie Nelson
2b.) Buster Davis
3.) Samson Satele

Something like that on day 1 could help us out a lot. Then again, there are so many scenarios we could have a good draft with. I am a big fan of Woodley though...and becoming a bigger fan of Reggie
Old 11-24-2006, 12:55 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Then get him here! Now! Fire Donatel midseason I don't care...bring that guy in! That'd be fantastic. I have always wanted someone who could implement multiple looks on the defensive front...I watch games and its like...oh yeah...there we go...I love to watch defense. If we could get a Woodley in this years draft I'd be happy. One thing also that concerns me is our LBs...Demorrio isn't signed for next year...Beck...well...apparently he can't catch on because even with injuries the kid doesn't get to play. Hartwell is constantly hurt, so signing another LB would be a good thing, right? Like picking up a Patrick Willis type player. Or a Buster Davis...be nice additions to this squad in the 2nd / 3rd round. If we get Tentua maybe we'd get a draft that looked like this...after getting a 2nd rounder for Schaub (I think we'll get more but for the sake of argument)

1.) Lamarr Woodley
2a.) Reggie Nelson
2b.) Buster Davis
3.) Samson Satele

Something like that on day 1 could help us out a lot. Then again, there are so many scenarios we could have a good draft with. I am a big fan of Woodley though...and becoming a bigger fan of Reggie
no., Beck is playing but isn't making as many plays. he is still a rookie basically and williams is an RFA so he has at least one more year with us. we are still 6 deep at LB meaning no LB's in the draft this year because it isn't a need.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-24-2006, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)
well we are getting back a lot of guys. We only have 3 people on the injury report:
CB Jason Webster Out
CB Jimmy Williams Questionable (but practiced yesterday)
DE John Abraham Probable

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 11-24-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
well we are getting back a lot of guys. We only have 3 people on the injury report:
CB Jason Webster Out
CB Jimmy Williams Questionable (but practiced yesterday)
DE John Abraham Probable
I am PRAYING that Jimmy is starting. I don't want Rossy to see the field. Colston isn't going to be playing is he?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

today's report only had these people on it:
Jason Webster - OUT!
Jimmy Williams - Questionable but practiced thursday and friday.

Owner of ScarDraft