Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-27-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant remember if David Pollack has been cleared to play football, will he ever be able to play again?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pollack was operated on about a month ago. He has the halo off but is still in a neck brace. He is months away from deciding if he ever plays again, but most in Cincy feel his career is likely over. It's just that if there is a chance it happens again, he would be crazy to continue.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a shame to see somebody go down like that especially considering he was is so young.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Duh, I forgot completely about Geathers.

So I guess that would mean it'd be nice to draft a Patrick Willis if he was there or CB in the first.

After Okoyes Senior Bowl week I'm ready to cave and say I'd take him in the first . If he even falls that far though, he seems like a rare DT that can be a playmaker so I'm for it.
Took you long enough to hop on his bandwagon. Ive always been on his wagon but it seems like the whole NFL has found him now and he will be long gone before our pick. Im all for Carriker at 18 though. He would be perfect for either the 4-3 or 3-4 at DE or DT.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

With the uncertainty of Pollack, Thurman and slower progress of Brooks, I can see Willis being our choice especially if the 3-4 is a possibility.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

since pollacks injury ive said hes done and i wouldnt have listened to anything except from his mouth and his wife is good friends with my moms client and he is definetly coming back. she just got me a picture and a football autographed by him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I love the guy but I sure hope he's making a good decision....
Old 01-28-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn
Quote:
Duh, I forgot completely about Geathers.

So I guess that would mean it'd be nice to draft a Patrick Willis if he was there or CB in the first.

After Okoyes Senior Bowl week I'm ready to cave and say I'd take him in the first . If he even falls that far though, he seems like a rare DT that can be a playmaker so I'm for it.
Took you long enough to hop on his bandwagon. Ive always been on his wagon but it seems like the whole NFL has found him now and he will be long gone before our pick. Im all for Carriker at 18 though. He would be perfect for either the 4-3 or 3-4 at DE or DT.
Yeah, in hindsight I kinda feel like a Dbag over it. I still want nothing to do with Tank Tyler, there is no reason to reach for a DT. Okoye has playmaker written all over him and he's a great character guy... Only thing is now he's not going to be there so it doesn't even matter.

I'm just assuming that Pollack won't be back, if he is he should move to DE.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I don't want Tank either. I see a quality Safety in Rd 2 so we need a top DL or LB in Rd 1. I think Willis would be a solid pick in Rd 1 but I'd love to see Okoye, Branch, Adams or J. Anderson slip to us.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping some of the positions we don't have a big need for have players shoot up the boards.

Leaving Landry, Nelson, Okoye, Willis, Revis etc. to fall back to us.

Regardless, we need a playmaker period, doesn't matter which position.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think okoye's gonna be long gone by our pick, hes gonna impress at the combine as well. im really feeling micheal griffin though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

Im feeling Michael Griffin too...... after a trade down to about 25 and picking up another 2nd rounder =) cause im sure he will be there until then, he might be there till about 30 actually. I would still love to see Quentin Moses or Jarvis Moss at 18 though.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
quickcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack
i think okoye's gonna be long gone by our pick, hes gonna impress at the combine as well. im really feeling micheal griffin though.
I'm not so sure that Okoye will be gone by our pick. With Alan Branch coming into the draft that's one DT that will probably be drafted before Okoye (because of the relative sizes of both men) and somebody may well fall in love with Tank Tyler and reach for him above Okoye (the way Buffalo did with John McCargo last year.)

I really do think the emergence of other players in the Senior Bowl/ Combine is going to lead to Okoye being there for us.
Guys like Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, Michael Bush, and are creeping up the charts into the first round.

I'd like to do a little in depth analysis of how it would be simple for Okoye to fall to us:

A) There are some players that we pretty much know will be gone long before us; players that almost any team would kill for; they include:

JaMarcus Russell (my 2nd favorite team, the Raiders, better take him!)
Brady Quinn
Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Gaines Adams
Ted Ginn Jr.
Dwayne Jarrett
Alan Branch
Adrian Peterson
Reggie Nelson
Marshawn Lynch
Laron Landry
Leon Hall

So that in and of itself takes out 13 draft slots somewhere ahead of us; leaving us with 4 more to get through, right?

Then you've got a couple of "chancey" picks in Lawrence Timmons and Marcus McCauley; who could very easily be gone by the time we get there; and you've got the guys creeping into the first that I mentioned before (Bowe, Meachem, Bush) plus a few more I didn't mention in Jarvis Moss, Jamaal Anderson, and Adam Carriker. That's another eight guys that could fairly easily be taken by the 18th.

That took out the remaining 4 undefined picks and added another 4 guys that could be taken that high (in case some of the original 17 picks ahead of us fall behind us.)
So those guys are acting as insurance for our Okoye pick.

Plus I really think that Patrick Willis' stock is going to skyrocket and he'll be gone before 18, and there's probably going to be some team out there that'll reach quite a bit for a player (such as John McCargo of last year.)

So, factoring in Willis and one big reach, that puts the count -by my little theory here- up to 23 guys that have definite potential to be picked before Okoye gets picked. And we only have to have 17 of those to work to capture Okoye -13 of which are almost guaranteed.

Let me know whether or not you like my theory. . . but remember, it's just a theory mixed with a bit of wishful thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I love Michael Griffin, but the order I'm now hoping for of guys they WANT to draft (based on my approximation of who could still going to be available at the 18th) is this:

1. Amobi Okoye
2. Michael Griffin
3. Patrick Willis
4. Paul Posluszny
5. Darrelle Revis
6. Tank Tyler
7. Marcus McCauley

To PalmerToCJ:
Nice to have you on Okoye's bandwagon, I've got a nice open seat on it right next to me. :)

Sincerely,
DA
Old 01-29-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

Trust me when I say this, Okoye WILL be gone by 18. We have a better chance at Landry or Nelson before Okoye. The chances of a S dropping is very high, the chances a stud DT dropping, slim and none. I think there is a better chance that Gaines Adams is there at 18 over Okoye.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Man, I really turned around on Okoye following the senior bowl.

Plain and simple I don't care which defensive position we address we just need a playmaker at that spot.

Dark Apprentice.... I'm not so sure all of the players you mentioned are locks.

JaMarcus Russell (my 2nd favorite team, the Raiders, better take him!) - Lock
Brady Quinn - Lock
Joe Thomas - Lock
Calvin Johnson - Lock
Gaines Adams - Lock
Ted Ginn Jr. - not a guarantee
Dwayne Jarrett - Probably a lock
Alan Branch - Lock
Adrian Peterson - Lock
Reggie Nelson - Lock
Marshawn Lynch - Maybe...
Laron Landry - Probably
Leon Hall - No longer a lock IMO

I think Okoye is gone. Branch goes top 6, then Okoye goes to either St. Louis or Buffalo.

I agree completely about Timmons/McCauley being "chancey", especially McCauley. I don't think either have great value at that spot.

I'm still hoping for Willis or Revis. That'd make me happy. Chris Houston or Jarvis Moss might be darkhorses after the combine.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hmmm.... :shock:

I didn't even consider the possibility of re-signing Steinbach but straight off rotoworld

Quote:
The Bengals and free agent offensive lineman Eric Steinbach are expected to begin contract talks in the coming days.
Steinbach is said to be Cincinnati's top offseason priority, but is "sure to visit Chicago and Cleveland" if a deal can't be reached. The Bills have also been mentioned as possible suitors for the versatile Steinbach.
Supposedly a lot of teams have him pinned as a LT.

Found a lot of interesting news...

Quote:
Bengals DE Justin Smith is not expected to return in 2007.
Frostee Rucker may see more of a role and Robert Geathers should take Smith's spot in the starting lineup. Smith will be a hot commodity if Dwight Freeney and Patrick Kerney don't make it to the free-agent market.
Quote:
Chris Perry (leg) is the only Bengal not expected to be ready to be back on the field in May.
Perry only has 73 career carries because of injuries. Cincy will probably try to re-sign Kenny Watson as insurance. Perry's failure to develop helps Rudi Johnson's chances for another fine season in 2007.
Quote:
Bengals CB Tory James is not expected to be back with the team next season.
He's a free agent and not playing particularly well. Deltha O'Neal is also a candidate to be released as Cincy will revamp their secondary.
As if that's surprising...

I'd sure like to see Odell back. Him and Brooks at LB would be NASTY. Then we have TWO playmakers at LB and another solid one in Landon.

Then we need a CB and either LB or DE if we swapped to the 3-4.

Even if Marvin takes back Odell though it'll probably be a while before he gets the starting job back.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

Other than Revis or Hall, I'm not sure I want a CB in Rd 1. So many fine Safeties though. I see 4 of them although maybe Meriweather is a Rd 2 guy. I would not be upset with Landry, Griffin or Nelson in Rd 1 unless one of the great DTs slip to us. The rise of Jamel Anderson will cause someone to fall, hopefully to us.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
quickcc

Quote:
Trust me when I say this, Okoye WILL be gone by 18. We have a better chance at Landry or Nelson before Okoye. The chances of a S dropping is very high, the chances a stud DT dropping, slim and none. I think there is a better chance that Gaines Adams is there at 18 over Okoye.
I disagree. I think that with the bust rate of DTs in the past few years some of the teams that are above us will think twice about drafting a young DT over a older, perhaps wiser safety.

All you have to do is look at the New Orleans Saints, and Kansas City Chiefs to see some good examples of DTs taken too high screwing with the D-Line of a franchise.
Two words as to why some teams above us might be cautious:

Johnathan Sullivan.

Not that I'm comparing Okoye to Sullivan as players; they're almost diametrically opposed personalities with Okoye being underweight and high-motored and Sullivan frequently being overweight and sluggish etc.
I'm just saying, that guys like Sullivan might make some of the franchises above us skiddish about it.

The rate of DTs drafted in the first was decreasing every year until last year because of Sullivan and the KC busts etc. I think it'll only be two guys this year, and I think Okoye will still be there.

No offense, but I never trust someone that says, "trust me" unless I know them, and frequently not even if I DO know them. :)
The last time someone said that, I told him I was rooting for LSU in their bowl this year and that I thought they were going to win, he said, "Trust me, Notre Dame's going to stomp them."
Yeah. . . right. :)

Quote:
Man, I really turned around on Okoye following the senior bowl.

Plain and simple I don't care which defensive position we address we just need a playmaker at that spot.

Dark Apprentice.... I'm not so sure all of the players you mentioned are locks.

JaMarcus Russell (my 2nd favorite team, the Raiders, better take him!) - Lock
Brady Quinn - Lock
Joe Thomas - Lock
Calvin Johnson - Lock
Gaines Adams - Lock
Ted Ginn Jr. - not a guarantee
Dwayne Jarrett - Probably a lock
Alan Branch - Lock
Adrian Peterson - Lock
Reggie Nelson - Lock
Marshawn Lynch - Maybe...
Laron Landry - Probably
Leon Hall - No longer a lock IMO

I think Okoye is gone. Branch goes top 6, then Okoye goes to either St. Louis or Buffalo.

I agree completely about Timmons/McCauley being "chancey", especially McCauley. I don't think either have great value at that spot.

I'm still hoping for Willis or Revis. That'd make me happy. Chris Houston or Jarvis Moss might be darkhorses after the combine.

It's just nice to have one of the most vocal people on this board be rooting for Okoye with me. :)

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you about what you said, per say, but I do think that Ted Ginn and Leon Hall are locks.
Ted Ginn because someone is going to go cross-eyed over his speed and take him higher than he probably should be taken; Hall because he's the biggest name out of the three possible 1st round corners (Hall, Revis, McCauley.)
You're probably right about Lynch. I almost kept him off of the list, but I decided to put him on in the end because he's the second RB on everyone's board (seemingly) so I think he'll get taken by someone.

I think that if Okoye drops to St. Louis and Timmons, Posluszny, or Willis are still on the board one of them will be taken.
I think St. Louis is desperately searching for some LB right now, and I think they'll be one of the teams that will be too shy to pull the trigger on Okoye (Jimmy Kennedy, anyone?)
As for Buffalo, they just took John McCargo, I don't think they'll invest in another young DT in the first this soon.

I think Branch will drop to Miami if they keep the pick, which would get Okoye over one of the main bumps on the road to us.
Washington will probably fall in love with someone they shouldn't, or trade up for someone bigger-named, or trade the pick away for a worthless free agent like they always do. Anything not to draft the obvious choice for them (Branch.)

So if he gets over Miami I don't think anyone in picks 10-15 will take him, because there will still be too many other impact players on the board and most of the teams there don't really need him.

Green Bay at 16 could use him but I still think they'll take an impact offensive guy of some sort instead (maybe Lynch or Jarrett if they're still there.)
Then we have to get over Jacksonville. . . They have Stroud and Henderson so that little "feat" won't be hard to accomplish at all.

So I think Okoye will manage to be there, though talent-wise he probably shouldn't.
I think there are just too many other guys with bigger names and more impressive records that teams will fall in love with, which would work to our benefit.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

My only reason for thinking the Bills/Rams might take him is that their fans are wanting him... No real insight to it though so you may be right. Other potential via the Dolphins or Packers (although offense seems the route to go). I also see where you're going with Ginn but I think either him or Jarrett will fall past us, I'm sure Ginn's 40 will keep him up there though.

I agree about Revis, he's the only CB I want in the first. Chris Houstons stock will rise (IMO) but I don't see him ever reaching good value at 18 and I'm not sure of anyone who would want to trade up.

To be honest though I really think Willis has a better chance of falling than Okoye. Now that I looked over this stuff about Odell again it got me all excited wanting him back so now I don't want Willis as bad

Right now... I'm wanting Nelson/Landry/Okoye, I just don't see a lot of value for DE at 18, Revis is the only CB I see taking there, Willis has a shot but we'd have to be able to read Marvin's mind to know what he has in store for Odell. I'm honestly just hoping he wants to scare the hell out of him then give him one final chance. I'm starting to be all about the 3-4 again but our 4-3 was doing a solid job vs. the run last year, it's just that freaking Breshnhan never sent any pass rushers and Tory James sucks. Either route the only glaring need I see right now is CB pending on Justin Smith.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
quickcc

Quote:
My only reason for thinking the Bills/Rams might take him is that their fans are wanting him... No real insight to it though so you may be right. Other potential via the Dolphins or Packers (although offense seems the route to go). I also see where you're going with Ginn but I think either him or Jarrett will fall past us, I'm sure Ginn's 40 will keep him up there though.

I agree about Revis, he's the only CB I want in the first. Chris Houstons stock will rise (IMO) but I don't see him ever reaching good value at 18 and I'm not sure of anyone who would want to trade up.

To be honest though I really think Willis has a better chance of falling than Okoye. Now that I looked over this stuff about Odell again it got me all excited wanting him back so now I don't want Willis as bad

Right now... I'm wanting Nelson/Landry/Okoye, I just don't see a lot of value for DE at 18, Revis is the only CB I see taking there, Willis has a shot but we'd have to be able to read Marvin's mind to know what he has in store for Odell. I'm honestly just hoping he wants to scare the hell out of him then give him one final chance. I'm starting to be all about the 3-4 again but our 4-3 was doing a solid job vs. the run last year, it's just that freaking Breshnhan never sent any pass rushers and Tory James sucks. Either route the only glaring need I see right now is CB pending on Justin Smith.
Yeah, I wouldn't want Hall because I don't think he fits in Marvin's scheme, and as for McCauley, I have a theory about drafting Fresno St. players: Don't. ;)

Seriously though, I have heard of too many problems with McCauley to want him. I've heard he's not playing hard and he's not training hard; so it doesn't seem like he cares too much.
We had at least one high-profile player like that before:
Dan Wilkinson.

But I have only heard good things about Revis, so far.

I like Willis, really I do, but I think he's going to become too popular after the combine for us to have a shot at taking him.
MLBs are in high-demand and short supply. And he's fairly assuredly going to be a high quality starter for someone.

I agree with you, I hope Marv's just trying to scare Thurman straight. It'd be nice to have him back next year -assuming he's not going to screw around with us.
If he's going to be suspended again, or be a locker-room problem, or be a constant distraction, I would rather send him packing regardless of his talent level (which is obviously high.)

I would be happy with Landry, but I didn't put him on my "wishlist" because I don't think either him or Nelson will be there by 18.
We've got too many people in front of us that could use some serious DB help -particularly at safety.

Atlanta, Carolina, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Cleveland etc. all could really use some DB help in the first.

Yeah, Tory should be done. And I really hope that we don't resign Justin Smith for too much.
I don't think he should be franchised and kept. If we franchise him, I think we have to trade him; which may be the best option.
We could probably get a second or third round pick for him (I think.)
Old 01-29-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The thing about not franchising Smith though is that we'd still get a 3rd rounder anyway via compensation picks (we might have 3 total 3rd rounders next year if Smith/Steinbach both leave) without the hassle of a trade. Granted we wouldn't get a 3rd rounder this year.

You're right about the safties. I'm not sold on Michael Griffin being anything spectacular. Atlanta is almost a lock for Nelson/Landry. Then it just depends how far the other one falls but I'm sure GB/CAR/JAX are bound to pick the other one up... There's still a slight amount of hope they go another route though.

I'm still shocked we're talking to Steinbach... I figured he was as good as done.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

Your dreaming if you think we would get 2 3rd rounders in compensation for Smith/Steinbach. If we happen to sign a decent FA, which isnt surprising anymore after we picked up Adams/Jackson last year, that would kill our chance at 1 3rd rounder, and if Smith has a down year, we would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him. Also FA we keep count against compensation so if Watson or any other FA does good, it will kill that chance. I still think no matter what, round one we have to get a pass rusher interior or edge. Whether its Moses, Moss, Carriker, Okoye, or Adams.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your dreaming if you think we would get 2 3rd rounders in compensation for Smith/Steinbach. If we happen to sign a decent FA, which isnt surprising anymore after we picked up Adams/Jackson last year, that would kill our chance at 1 3rd rounder, and if Smith has a down year, we would be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him. Also FA we keep count against compensation so if Watson or any other FA does good, it will kill that chance. I still think no matter what, round one we have to get a pass rusher interior or edge. Whether its Moses, Moss, Carriker, Okoye, or Adams.
I have a hard time believing that Adams will be there when we pick. Moss is not a top 20 pick and not a DE in the NFL. Okoye would be a dream and I feel that it is only a 40-60 spread that he will be around at 18. This leads us with Moses vs. Carriker. With Carriker's practice and game play this week I think that he is a better player and a more pure DE than Moses. Out of this list I think Carriker is the most likely pick becuase Moses is not really thick or strong. Once again Carriker is a DE and Moses is a 3-4 OLB.
P.S. I think McCauley will be a 2nd rounder now. Many scouts said he looks extremely raw. He did not practise hard and relies on his natural talent to much. He didn't finish all of his plays either. I think he will drop to the second round this year.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the latest news on Odell? Someone a few posts up said something about him.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Ah.... You're right I misunderstood how the compensatory picks worked. I just remembered getting the 3rd from TKO and Lamont Jordan granting the Jets a 3rd, I didn't know it factored in so many other things.

Gaines Adams will be LONG gone before we go on the clock. Moss is a possibility I think.

I was talking about Odell, just hoping out loud that he'd be allowed back but there's no new news.