Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 02-05-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Chris Houston I think would really fit in well.
Houston will likely shoot up to the first round and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we snatched him up at 18. He is the best physical corner in this draft and if you team him up with Joseph, your looking at one of the best CB tandems for years to come!

Agreed, I think Houston is one of the most underrated CB's in this draft and he has way more potential than Hall. If Revis wasn't there I wouldn't be ashamed to take Houston. No way he reaches the 2nd so deep like some people have him.

Looks like Carson will be the next QB to be tagged with the "can't win the big one" idea. Best QB without a ring, heisman winner on a team the media loves the talk about...

Next year could be our year, health and the draft could dictate a lot of it.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
moto

Yeah, I don't think Palmer deserve that label yet, but you know the co called "experts" are going to give it to them.

He'll just have to go out there and dominate the league! 8)
Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he doesn't deserve it yet but if we make the playoffs next year and don't win it all that's when the talk will start. He's a golden boy so they have to have something to talk about.

I think Carson is going to have a chance to be among the best when all is said and done.

The Broncos/Steelers games told me a lot about him, although we lost them he led the team on monsterous late game drives which could have brought us to the win.

Funny that I think he didn't have that great of a year and he threw 28 TD's and over 4,000 yards
Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

carson palmers new nickname should be "the truth".

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think the new mock is... meh.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like carriker but im not for DL in the 1st round. i think the bust factor is way too high the only ones i would take round 1 are okoye, moses, moss, or charles johnson(trade down get a 3rd round pick).

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack
i like carriker but im not for DL in the 1st round. i think the bust factor is way too high the only ones i would take round 1 are okoye, moses, moss, or charles johnson(trade down get a 3rd round pick).
Agreed about the bust factor. Plus it's easier to find a playmaker via LB or S in the first.

I like Moss, Okoye and Johnson... I'm not sure Moses has very good value (as of right now anyway) at 18. Plus Johnson is a much better 4-3 DE.

Ideally by some miracle Landry or Nelson fall back to us.

Willis and Griffin might be wildcards pending what they do at the combine.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Scott's mock is like the greatest possible draft ever. A great high motor guy who can play 4-3 DE and DT on passing downs and play 3-4 DE on the occasionally times we play it. Also we get a nice safety prospect who probably would be a first rounder if not for the character issues. There is a high bust factor for ever position. For every Ryan Sims theres a Kevin Williams. You think CB and S cant bust, or LB? Just look at Antrel Rolle, Carlos Rogers, and Jason Allen they were all picked before 18 and there all either #2's or backups. Or just look at last years first round LB's, other than Manny Lawson, none of them played up too there draft picks value.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
moto

I love the pick of Carriker. But the only way I see us taking him is if the Bengals let Smith walk...Carriker would be an excellent replacement, though...
Old 02-07-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
deyebc
Rookie

deyebc hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There's no way we want Carriker at DE in a 4-3....how many 300 lb DE's can rush the passer???(Besides R. White)
deyebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyebc
There's no way we want Carriker at DE in a 4-3....how many 300 lb DE's can rush the passer???(Besides R. White)
Word.

If we swap to 3-4 I'm not against it but I think Thornton/Robinson/Peko would be decent 3-4 ends.

I'd still rather have a top S over a DE in the 1st.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i would be happy with carriker if he is a solid pass rusher. versatility is a big thing with marvin and to have carriker and pollack back(hopefully) it would be scary what kind of looks we could give.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-08-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey. Giving big extensions to your guyses OT shows that your FO cares about your OL but you have one good OG that will be heading into FA...What are the chances you think Steinbach will get an extension? Will he try to follow Hue Jackson (I hope.)?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021
Hey. Giving big extensions to your guyses OT shows that your FO cares about your OL but you have one good OG that will be heading into FA...What are the chances you think Steinbach will get an extension? Will he try to follow Hue Jackson (I hope.)?
Word is he's our top priority in FA, we'll see. Chicago seems to be the biggest threat but who knows. I'd give it a 40% chance we re-sign him.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Some good Chad quotes at the pro bowl...

The serious:
Quote:
Chad Johnson, the man who wanted to build a house in Hawaii because of all the Pro Bowls he would attend, is ready to move on after four.

“It’s nice, but it’s the same old same old,” said Johnson from the beachfront hotel that houses the best in the game this week. “I need a (Super Bowl) ring. I’ve done everything else I’ve wanted to do. There’s nothing else left.”
Quote:
But Johnson’s mind seemed back in Miami on the Super Bowl. Maybe that’s because Wednesday was the day Colts receivers Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne showed up for the first time in the receiving line, fresh off the win over the Bears. Johnson knows Indy well and it makes it that harder to take.

“We should be there. Especially when you know our team can play like that,” Johnson said. “They were just more consistent than us. That’s all it is. When they had bad games, they were still good. When we had bad games, we were bad, you know what I mean? We can’t be that up and down. We’ve got to be more consistent. That’s all. We’ll be all right.”

“I had some goals and I’ve done them all,” Johnson said. “Now the only one left is the big one. This is nice, but …”
The funny:

Quote:
What’s left?

“Man, there’s only one thing,” said Johnson, although snippets of the NFL Network’s live coverage of the AFC practice Wednesday exposed him fervently lobbying Patriots head coach Bill Belichick to play even more cornerback.

“One play every quarter,” confirmed Johnson triumphantly after practice. “My style is a little like Deion (Sanders), because he’s smart and speed like Champ (Bailey) and D. Hall (DeAngelo Hall) and, I don’t know, the quickness of a cat.”
Old 02-09-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

We're sticking to the 4-3, straight out of the horses mouth.

n Friday’s post Super Bowl sitdown with Bengals.com, Lewis said he’s sticking with the 4-3 defense and his belief that he can’t run it while also being the head coach.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5882

Good read.

Tory James is officially gone, Justin Smith may get the franchise tag, Odell hasn't been ruled out. Blamed WR blocking for Rudi's lackluster season.

Also indicated we won't go big in FA, not surprising. No mention of Steinbach, he just said we'd be successful by signing our own.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

lackluster and he still had 1000 yards right? wasn't anything great but 1000 is 1000. i was gonna post this article but you got it for me man! answered alot of questions. Guess carriker is prolly out the equation, CB is definetly gonna happen, i hope steiny is back, and were still goin to get a DE. I hope we do franchise smith just so he can help out some guys for a year, wouldn't mind seeing him around for awhile either. While he hasn't lived up to his billing, hes a solid high motor guy who is valuable to our team for the right price. i really think he should ask pollack whats up on some pass rushing moves, he still has room to develop his game in that way.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-10-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, the 3.8 YPC was what was only average, lackluster wasn't the right word I suppose.... He was above average as a whole but not what we expected and had become used to.

Personally I think Steinbach may be more valuable to the team than Smith. Depends on what Marvin thinks Rucker can do I suppose, thing about losing Steinbach is we don't have to address guard day one because of Whitworth.

I agree that Carriker isn't an option really anymore. A.) If we re-sign Smith and B.) We won't be 3-4 so he isn't as valuable.

I'm almost hoping we trade up to get Landry if he falls far enough, I think he could be a game changer and impact offender we need.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No matter what happens with this draft, if we are lucky enough to get Pollack and Odell back, that would be like a draft bonanza anyway. I think we'll see Brooks in the middle from day one this year and he'll be our starter at MLB. I guess we'll hang on to Simmons but to me, he's always been so-so. I would not mind a LBer in Rd 1 as I am tired of seeing our lean bakcers (Johnson and Miller) get dragged down the field. CB is a necessity now very early. I'd love to see us drop a few slots and pick that lost 3rd rd choice back up.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i hope we do move down and pick up some1 like micheal griffin or maybe a LBer like jon beason or paul posluzny. that would be great so we can get that 3rd rd pick back.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-11-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd like to see Griffin more, if he runs a good combine he might be the guy.

A saftey in the 1st then CB in the 2nd would be nice.

I don't think saftey is our biggest need but there are a lot of playmakers at saftey and Landry/Nelson/Griffin are a solid trio... I don't think the quality at LB is enough in the 1st anyway to warrant a pick, Willis seems to have more value in the mid 20's.

Ahmad in the middle, Jeanty at SLB and Landon at WLB isn't the worst case scenario.

Best case though without a doubt would be:

WLB Landon Johnson MLB Odell Thurman SLB Ahmad Brooks.

Now THAT is a LB core with a solid tackling machine in Landon and playmakers in Ahmad/Odell.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd personally be real happy with the addition of Griffin, Landry or Nelson in Rd 1 and then the top available CB in Rd 2. That would solidify our def backfield for years to come. At least we would have 1 area of the defense that looked strong.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two questions for you Bengal fans if you could answer then please.

1. Justin Smith... The Rams have shown interest in signing him to compliment Leonard Little:
Quote:
KFNS 590 in St. Louis reports "there had been speculation" that the Rams would be interested in free agent DE Justin Smith before reports out of Cincinnati surfaced that he's likely to be franchise tagged.
It's hardly a lock that Smith will be franchised after Cincy signed Robert Geathers for $33.7 million in January.
Now I'm wondering if the Rams signed Justin Smith that he'd be a good compliment to Leonard Little at the Right Defensive End?

2. Odell Thurman... I know he's been into some legal trouble but can he play the SAM backer?

Thank you!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
I have two questions for you Bengal fans if you could answer then please.

1. Justin Smith... The Rams have shown interest in signing him to compliment Leonard Little:
Quote:
KFNS 590 in St. Louis reports "there had been speculation" that the Rams would be interested in free agent DE Justin Smith before reports out of Cincinnati surfaced that he's likely to be franchise tagged.
It's hardly a lock that Smith will be franchised after Cincy signed Robert Geathers for $33.7 million in January.
Now I'm wondering if the Rams signed Justin Smith that he'd be a good compliment to Leonard Little at the Right Defensive End?

2. Odell Thurman... I know he's been into some legal trouble but can he play the SAM backer?

Thank you!
To answer the Odell question, I personally think he is best fit in the middle right were he is/was. Is he good enough to play sam? yes. Will he be as successful? no.

Its been awhile since my last post, and Im thrilled to see more Bengals on the Okoye bandwagon.

I think we are gonna resign EITHER Smith or Steinbach. I dont see us signing both. I want Okoye in the first or a CB that isnt named Marcus McCauley.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

its gonna be steinbach if that is the case. I wonder what St. Louis would offer for Jsmith, we could definetly get our third round pick and maybe another one out of him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165