Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Apparently it is a ruptured Achilles Tendon... not good news
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah an Achilles injury really isn't any better than an ACL. This would suck, Daniel Coats becomes our best pass blocking TE for what little he's played. Ugh.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...9-9acdb18830ae

Its confirmed. Kelly is out for the year, definitely a blow to the team. I was expecting Coats to get cut, now it looks like we will be keeping him.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just watching some Chase Coffman highlights on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-RT...eature=related

1:35 and 4:28 are the plays I love. that CB is 6'1 and he's pretty much standing straight up lol
Old 08-05-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dude can definitely move, I'm excited about what he could bring to the passing game.

Just really hoping either him or Utecht can really step up in the blocking department.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Wow 3 TE's injured so far... lol... camp is going good...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Chase is really gonna have to step it up now.I really think hes going to be fantastic in the passing game but he's gonna have to prove to be a solid blocker as well. Hopefully Utecht and Coats can come back healthy though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its pretty obvious that we need to bring someone in at TE, preferably a solid blocking veteran.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherry is now back. That gives us a pretty young TE corp. Would like to see Franks get brought in.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Sherry is now back. That gives us a pretty young TE corp. Would like to see Franks get brought in.

Depending on how bad Coats is injured I think they will target bringing in Franks
Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just want a guy who can block... He could have hands of stone for all I care.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

So article on Bengals front page is kinda encouraging about Anthony Collins... If Dre Smith doesn't get in on time think he would be able to fit in right away and play guard?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still somewhat surprised he isn't the starter at LT to be honest. Not that I don't think Whitworth can do it, but I felt like AC played very well last year aside from a few rookie mistakes.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-07-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I'm still somewhat surprised he isn't the starter at LT to be honest. Not that I don't think Whitworth can do it, but I felt like AC played very well last year aside from a few rookie mistakes.

Agreed. I really wasn't expecting Whitworth to be playing LT this year... I was kinda excited that we had AC there...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'll third that. I thought Whitworth was great at LG and Collins was completely fine at LT. I still have nightmares of Whitworth getting abused by Freeney I think it was.

Apparently Brown is trying to offer Smith LESS money than DHB. Ugh, it's always hard for me to side with the Bengals when it comes to our holdouts.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...gals+far+apart
Old 08-07-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'll third that. I thought Whitworth was great at LG and Collins was completely fine at LT. I still have nightmares of Whitworth getting abused by Freeney I think it was.

Apparently Brown is trying to offer Smith LESS money than DHB. Ugh, it's always hard for me to side with the Bengals when it comes to our holdouts.

Yea. Like really... this guy is going to help our team win, he will be a great RT. Maybe if we can put together a good team we wont be picking in the top 10 again for awhile... although top 10 picks do have more excitement I find lol
Old 08-07-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...mmage-roundup/

Joe Reedy with a summary on tonights scrimmage. The offense ran the ball well (21 times for 119 yards) and they ran more than they passed.

This quote from Zimmer made me laugh, he's the man.

”We sucked. We didn’t stop the runs well,” Zimmer said. “We were aggressive but we missed a lot of tackles. We had some guys playing different positions but still that’s no excuse. We had guys getting in wrong places.”
Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post

Thats really kind of the Raiders fault though. DHB recieved a ~20% increase in salary over last year's 7th overall pick and it has thrown everything else off with surrounding picks.

It was encouraging to see the Offensive Line open up some nice holes in the running game. I'm not really worried about the D's ability to stop the run and they were playing with 3 backups in the LB corps.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 08-10-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...0-fd9d7eaff78c

Some interesting stuff today. Sad to see Shirley switch sides, but it could be an excellent move.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Johnson is the starter now?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Michael Johnson is the starter now?
No, he moved up from 3rd to 2nd string ahead of Rucker.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Good to hear that Jeremi Johnson is doing good in camp and back to first string!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

He could really help bring our running game back to what it used to be. When the mans not fat and is giving full effort he is one of the best in the game at his position.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-11-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
He could really help bring our running game back to what it used to be. When the mans not fat and is giving full effort he is one of the best in the game at his position.

Let's just hope he gets back to 05 form.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I will definitely say our run game lost some of its luster when Johnson wasn't back there. I'm actually pretty confident in how Benson will play this year.

I'm still annoyed we don't have a solid kick returner.

Supposedly it's been a while since the Bengals have even been in contact with Smiths agent, ugh. Here we go again. Granted, I'm plenty confident in Anthony Collins... That's not the problem. I'm just annoyed to not have our first rounder in camp again.