Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I will definitely say our run game lost some of its luster when Johnson wasn't back there. I'm actually pretty confident in how Benson will play this year.

I'm still annoyed we don't have a solid kick returner.

Supposedly it's been a while since the Bengals have even been in contact with Smiths agent, ugh. Here we go again. Granted, I'm plenty confident in Anthony Collins... That's not the problem. I'm just annoyed to not have our first rounder in camp again.

It does kinda get annoying constantly not having the first rounders in camp, or having them hold out every year. Keith was in camp pretty early last year wasn't he? But yea Anthony Collins will do fine. I kind of think thats why they moved Whitworth out to Tackle because they know behind Collins they don't have another Tackle will be able to fill the void. So they were expecting the holdout from Andre Smith, played him with first string in OTA's to maybe try and get him excited to play and sign right away and for less money...
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

A guy on the Bengals Message board found this article on NFL.com and its actually a nice read. Some interesting things in there.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...s&confirm=true
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
It does kinda get annoying constantly not having the first rounders in camp, or having them hold out every year. Keith was in camp pretty early last year wasn't he? But yea Anthony Collins will do fine. I kind of think thats why they moved Whitworth out to Tackle because they know behind Collins they don't have another Tackle will be able to fill the void. So they were expecting the holdout from Andre Smith, played him with first string in OTA's to maybe try and get him excited to play and sign right away and for less money...
Keith was out 10 days I believe. Like I said before, blame the Raiders as they paid DHB way too much over last years 7th pick.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Keith was out 10 days I believe. Like I said before, blame the Raiders as they paid DHB way too much over last years 7th pick.
Yea I think I read somewhere that they had like a 20% increase or something ridiculous
Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea its really messing everything else up. Granted, the Bengals still have a responsibility to get Andre signed but this definitely does not help them.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-11-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Just looked it up

Sedrick Ellis signed a 5-year 49M with 19.5M Guaranteed

DHB signed a 5-year 54M with 23.5M Guaranteed

So the Raiders guaranteed money is a 20.5% increase of Sedrick Ellis' deal.. where as the whole contract is only a 10% increase
Old 08-12-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to camp Tuesday, and I must say I am highly impressed with Clinton McDonald. First off the dude is built like a tank. He seemed to have a very high motor and could even make the team and be a serious player eventually. Maualuga seemed like a class act through and through.

I didn't see much on offense. Caldwell looked really good from what I saw. Roy Williams looked pretty good.

And on another side note, Mike Zimmer was hilarious with the HBO cameras on him, the entire time he kept bringing up the cameras so they couldnt use much of his footage.

I should be back down monday and I am hoping to watch more of the offense

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith's Agent has said he sent a new offer the Bengals way. Hopefully it'll get the ball rolling in getting a deal done. I just want it to get done so it's one less thing to worry about.

Brandon Johnson and Utecht are out. Maualuga is questionable.

We talked about the returning situation, with Chatman out here's what Marvin had to say"

"We will probably have three or four guys get an opportunity to get into the game. We’ll have the chance for DeDe Dorsey, Tom Nelson, Quan Cosby and Bernard (Scott) to have an opportunity to return punts and kicks."
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Hard Knocks was very cool to see did anyone else get to watch? Is it bad that I basically bought HBO for this very reason?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

they dont show on HBO Canada and I'm pissed about that
Old 08-13-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hard Knocks was very cool to see did anyone else get to watch? Is it bad that I basically bought HBO for this very reason?
No it just means you were lucky enough to actually buy HBO unlike me haha

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:16 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard Knocks was awesome. It was really well done and I thought parts of it were hilarious (i.e., "Randy Jackson, American Idol."). I can't wait Friday's game and next week's episode.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it, my daughter even liked it (and she hates football).

They spent more time with the offense than defense. Our TE story got good coverage, you can see that Reggie's injury was felt by everyone on the team and you can get the sense on how special of a person he his in the segment. Chad Coffman was picked on by the coaches, he is struggling on just about everything and has a steep learning curve to cover, even though the Coaches did say (I think it was Brat) that he is improving with every day of camp. Suspect they will stay close to this story in future episodes.

Chad was hilarous. He really seemed to be popular in the locker room and engaged with team mates both on and off the field - which was good to see. More important he seems to ready for a big year, this venue is perfect for him. Palmer seems poised and ready to get it on, I think he will get more TV footage as camp goes on.

The Coaches and Mike Brown did not hide from last years terrible season. Lewis showed leadership, hope Zimmer and Brat will get more coverage later. Mike Brown was more involved than I would of thought - the good is when he showed his feelings when Utacht went down - the very bad is when he (not Marvin) was leading a meeting talking about staffing at the TE position. The body language from the coaches was very uncomfortable for me to see.

Briefly covered the Andre Smith holdout. Expect they will continue to follow this.

Also covered some lesser known free agents and saw the first cut of the team.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did the same thing for Hard Knocks last year. I ended up keeping HBO, though.

The show was good last night. J.D. Runnels getting the ax at 5:30 a.m. was pretty cold. haha.

I've always liked Reggie Kelly so, it was pretty tough seeing him go down on the show. :( We all knew about it already but, makes you feel for him a lot more when get to see it behind the scenes and such.

I did really like seeing the little games/contests and relays they had the beginning. Good stuff.

Oh, and I said it in the other thread but, following Coffman is a mistake. Guy is soooo boring.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jay Glazer the Bengals were the first team to offer Vick. 2 years 2.3 million. That would've been some nice PR... Not...

Bratkowski wouldn't have known how to use him anyway, that I'm sure of.

Still no news on Andre Smith, ugh.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I actually would've loved to have Vick haha... Just cuz he is soo entertaining..
Old 08-14-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

It prolly wouldn't be a good PR move, but I think its clear we don't really care all that much about that anyway. It's football, not golf. I personally wouldn't mind having him but he would probably never see the field and as PalmerToCJ said, Brat wouldn't know how to use him anyway.

Would be pretty crazy to Palmer AND Vick lined up side by side in the shotgun though. I'm surprised no team has done that yet with a more athletic type QB.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-17-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Wow do I hate Shayne Graham... We need a new kicker and ASAP.. They always talk about his "career percentage" well that was when he was good. It seems that he has lost the power in his leg because we barely kicked FGs longer then 45 yards last year. And I swear every game winning kick he has taken in the last 3 years he shanks them.

Now he followed up with a piss poor performance in the preseason..
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've definitely always had a problem with him not being able to kick a long one. It seems like if we are late in the game, we have to pick up 10 yards more than other teams so he can be in range. He's pretty solid at the short ones so I guess it's a trade off.

Lame for Carson to be out Thursday, he needs to get work in but I understand him sitting.

Thursday I will be solely focused on defense and the running game.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I wanna see what Rey can do out there and how he impacts the defense

***According the the Bengals feed on twitter we waived Dan Santucci

Last edited by crites09 : 08-18-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It prolly wouldn't be a good PR move, but I think its clear we don't really care all that much about that anyway. It's football, not golf. I personally wouldn't mind having him but he would probably never see the field and as PalmerToCJ said, Brat wouldn't know how to use him anyway.

Would be pretty crazy to Palmer AND Vick lined up side by side in the shotgun though. I'm surprised no team has done that yet with a more athletic type QB.
Ravens did it with Flacco / Troy Smith (though only a few times). Meanwhile, Ronnie Brown and LT are like mini-QB's when you line them up in the shotgun, and Miami did that a lot last year, and LT's been doing it his whole career.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's getting to the point where I almost forget we still haven't signed Andre Smith because of the lack of news. Ugh. Really, don't see a near end in sight.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It's getting to the point where I almost forget we still haven't signed Andre Smith because of the lack of news. Ugh. Really, don't see a near end in sight.
Wouldn't be surprised if they continue to cover this holdout on hard knocks. If so, this won't shed a good light on our FO or Andre on how we handle negotiations. Its too bad it usually comes to this with our 1st round picks, hopefully they will come to their senses and get him into camp. Or maybe getting embarrassed by HBO will help gets this thing closed?
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they continue to cover this holdout on hard knocks. If so, this won't shed a good light on our FO or Andre on how we handle negotiations. Its too bad it usually comes to this with our 1st round picks, hopefully they will come to their senses and get him into camp. Or maybe getting embarrassed by HBO will help gets this thing closed?
I just wish Andre would sign, if he plays good enough he will get a huge pay day for his 2nd contract
Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently Brown is trying to offer Smith LESS money than DHB. Ugh, it's always hard for me to side with the Bengals when it comes to our holdouts.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...gals+far+apart
did you see the part in Hard Knocks where the ***** was talking about offering Smith "so much money, and they think it isn't enough"

i wanted to choke a *****

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote