Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
did you see the part in Hard Knocks where the ***** was talking about offering Smith "so much money, and they think it isn't enough"

i wanted to choke a *****
I don't blame Smith so much as I do his agent and the Oakland ******* Raiders. All that for HDB? No. Assholes.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Katie Blackburn has no business handling this type of thing anyway. Mike and the Brown/Blackburn family really just need to step away from these types of things and let professionals take care of it. That's whats really holding this team back and has been for a very long time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Katie's phone call at the end of hard knocks sums up everything. I was deflated listening to her speak at the end of the clip after watching a pretty good episode, my wife wanted to know who that person was and all I said is that she is the right hand person running the Bengal's front office. Pretty sad. We are no where near this signing after hearing Smith's agent say their offer is wheeling around the #7 pick numbers. Smith would probably be happy with anything in the range of the other picks signed.

Perhaps hard knocks will embarrass her (the Bengals) enough to come to their senses and get this guy in. I like to see if he is our next Willie.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Katie's phone call at the end of hard knocks sums up everything. I was deflated listening to her speak at the end of the clip after watching a pretty good episode, my wife wanted to know who that person was and all I said is that she is the right hand person running the Bengal's front office. Pretty sad. We are no where near this signing after hearing Smith's agent say their offer is wheeling around the #7 pick numbers. Smith would probably be happy with anything in the range of the other picks signed.

Perhaps hard knocks will embarrass her (the Bengals) enough to come to their senses and get this guy in. I like to see if he is our next Willie.
Mike Brown doesn't get embarrassed about things when it comes to how much money he has to shell out. But I really hope you're right.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to Fui Vakapuna tying the not!... With my cousin. The wedding was pretty sick! Totally off topic.

How's Fui doing for you guys?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Congratulations to Fui Vakapuna tying the not!... With my cousin. The wedding was pretty sick! Totally off topic.

How's Fui doing for you guys?
Haven't really heard much except from hard knocks, but I don't really like going to hard knocks for "updates" because they're looking for drama and entertainment. Which means I guy who has no shot at making the roster could be "in a heated fight for his career" on hard knocks.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sitting here watching the review from last season and it only makes me even more baffled at the fact that Ndukwe isn't starting. Every big play he is in on, Marvin White made some plays as well but Crocker has earned that spot.

Anyway, GO FREAKING BENGALS! I can't wait for this season to get going.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea the Ndukwe thing really makes me mad but apparently he hasn't been doing that well in practice. He'll probably take his job back at some point.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-22-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Yea the Ndukwe thing really makes me mad but apparently he hasn't been doing that well in practice. He'll probably take his job back at some point.
Especially in the first Preseason game. Ndukwe wasnt playing well at all.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Chinny sucking in preseason which has been very surprsing. I'm not sure what's up there. Granted, it's only been two games.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

It seems like he is having problems with the mental part of it which is somewhat surprising considering how bright he is. Either that or he could be like a lot of players and not give a **** about the preseason. I can understand that to an extent but I'd like to see some more out of him. I believe he can be one of the better safeties in the league if he can get his head back on straight.

Did you see the article on Bengals.com where Mike Zimmer said Domata Peko is the best nose tackle he's ever had? Pretty high praise but it shouldn't come as a surprise to those who've followed the team closely. Peko has gotten better and better every season he has been here. We sure made a wise choice in locking him up long term a few years ago. He would probably cost a lot more right now if we hadn't.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-26-2009, 06:07 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3 concerns I have so far with the team are CB, TE & OL.

The OL looks OK but still has something to prove to me. Consistency and improvement as unit is what everyone is looking for. I hope they can get Smith in to see what he can add.

In my opinion the TE spot is our weakest link. Were starting Coats who spent all last year at the FB position, basically he is our 3rd string choice at this spot and I have no idea how really good he is? Utecht return is unknown at this time and Coffman is a project so we are stuck with Ben. Not good.

CB depth is lacking and has been that way since O'neal left. We really are exposed there with any injury to our starters.

We do have some positive things happening with the team but the above points are where I think were most vulnerable.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think Coffman is going to be an immediate threat in the passing game if they let him do that. He's obviously behind the 8ball in the blocking department but he can and will improve that with time. Definitely a weak spot at the moment with Kelly and Utecht being down though.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-27-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

It bothers me that Carson might not play in the preseason. He needs work, I thought he looked rusty vs. New Orleans. Either that or the coverage was just outstanding.

I like what Zimmer said about Peko. He's not one of those playmaking type players but he's the sort of guy that just does everything you need him to so that the other players can make the big plays. And to think, Marvin was criticized for reaching for him IN THE FOURTH ROUND.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got some cool pictures from a Cincy Practice sent from my cousin (Fui Vakapuna's wife).

That must have been awesome to meet the Greatest!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

That would've been amazing to see him in person.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-27-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quan Cosby, I award you a spot on the Cincinnati Bengals 2009 roster.

Defensive line is playing GREAT right now. LB's and Secondary have flashes good and bad, overall the defense is definitely playing well.

Chris Henry, I welcome you to my fantasy football team.

It sucks watching the offense without Carson. Hard to take much away from it.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea, I really don't put much stock into all of this but Pat Sims has definitely been very impressive along with the rest of the DL. I really think he could end up being a better player the Sedrick Ellis, FWIW.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Sims is definitely playing well, I love the rotation of DT's we have. Sims in passing situations and Peko in run situations is perfect.

Offensive line is looking pretty rough, Kyle Cook is looking Ghiaciuc-esque which is very concerning. I would say get Andre Smith signed but OT isn't our problem... Although sliding Whitworth back into LG would be nice.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:55 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Game wasn't shown down here. Sounds like the OL had a bad day. Curious if they played Shirley much? If so, how did he look? From what little I saw of him on hard knocks, he looked pretty stout.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Oline was definitely rough, I did not watch Shirley much.

The defense, save the one possession, played great. Bernard Scott did well too. Jonathan Joseph is playing well and Rey led the team in tackles. Rivers had a pretty quiet game.

It was probably better that Carson wasn't in there given the heat on O'Sullivan.

I absolutely love the pressure Zimmer is putting on defensively. They are fun to watch.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

3 Players released this morning. Here is the article from the Bengals website

Quote:
The Bengals cut three Saturday morning and still need to let go two more players by Tuesday's cut down to 75.

Nine-year cornerback Jamar Fletcher, who played in 11 games for the Bengals last season, was waived after he had been re-signed during the first couple of day of this training camp in the wake of David Jones' broken foot.

They also cut two rookie free agents with local ties who never got into a preseason game,
defensive tackle Pernell Phillips of Central State and Purdue wide receiver Greg Orton. Phillips, a product of Cincinnati's Taft High School, had been shelved with a muscle injury. Orton, out of Dayton, Ohio's Wayne High School, practiced but didn't play.
I'm glad Fletcher is gone. I did not like him at all.. But wow are we thin at DB, I think Tom Nelson makes the squad now forsure..
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:43 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

I am glad that Smith finally signed and will get some reps in camp before it ends. Don't see him as much of a factor until later this year (Alexander said he wouldn't be starting anytime soon), so I wouldn't be surprised if they put him on 2 week roster exemption. This would mean he can't play Indy and Denver. Its still good news he is in, I really hope he is our next Willie.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I would be surprised if he is not starting by week 8 at the latest.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-31-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I would be surprised if he is not starting by week 8 at the latest.
Well we have the bye in week 8 so right after that I can see him starting. Give him the full 2 weeks practice with the first team.. Week 9 is Baltimore then Steelers get ready for some smash mouth football boys
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote