Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's such a relief to finally have Smith signed and that we aren't the last to sign our first pick. I also like the approach that Lewis and Alexander have taken with him in not rushing him into playing. I can't wait to see what he can do for us.

It seems that Utecht has been placed on the season-ending IR, so the battle for TE is about to get interesting much like most other positions. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks to see who we keep and cut.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say, Daniel Coats has pleasantly surprised me. He's done very well catching the ball and is definitely our best blocker. Seems like him and Coffman will be the only TE's we carry.

In terms of Smith, I would definitely be surprised if he doesn't start by week 8. There's a ton of different ways the line could go at this point. My IDEAL line, at least on paper would be this

LT - Collins
LG - Whitworth
C - Cook (ugh)
RG - Williams
RT - Smith

Livings did a solid job last year I thought but I don't feel he should be a starter. He will be to start the season and rightfully so, Smith isn't ready.

I'm hoping Smith gets to play vs. the Colts just so we can get a glimpse of where he is at.

After the last game I'm definitely concerned about Cook. I know it was only one game but after seeing Ghiaciuc suck out there for so long I'm paranoid we'll be going through another phase of it.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I think most ppl need to realize about pass protection in this league is the importance of familiarity. Units that excel in that area do so because they have a bunch of experience TOGETHER. I think the top 5 or 6 guys we have can all become very solid in pass pro, it is just going to take some time.

I don't like the comparison between Cook and Ghiaciuc. Now, I understand Cook struggled but he is completely different animal than Eric was. He's stout at the point, aggressive, and very smart. He may never be great but I think he can be a solid player for us. Just gotta have a little bit of patience I guess.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know about you guys, but I would prefer to have Carson handle a couple of series this Thursday. Perhaps the coaches will hold off on this because of injury risk in order to make sure he is 100% for Denver. I just think the whole 1st team offense needs to play together a few times before our 1st game, he has been away from live action for some time and getting tuned in with his offense might be what the doctored ordered.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol at Smith breaking his foot
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Lol yea... that was short lived...
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

sorry i had to laugh at this one simply because of the timing haha but seriously this sucks for you guys

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just our luck huh.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-01-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Good news is that he is only out for 7-10 days... all that did was make up Marvins mind and use the 2 week roster exemption on him... Starting by week 9
Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

goddamni.t.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My freaking computer is broke so I had to hear this over the radio at work, nearly broke the counter. UGH, I'm very concerned about our Oline.... Not gonna lie.

Regardless of how well they come together, I feel our defense will be our strong unit again this year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea, we're lucky he didn't have to get surgery.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I'm sad to see Marvin White get cut, he was one of my favorite Bengals
Old 09-06-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
I'm sad to see Marvin White get cut, he was one of my favorite Bengals
Dallas claimed him. Hopefully, he'll prove to be fully recovered in time and really help us on ST and maybe more down the line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was most upset to see Clinton McDonald go. He was a cool guy and has massive potential.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was really surprised by McDonald...I really Liked him. Kinda glad to see DDD staying. The guy always has had potential.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:39 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McDonald is on the PS and that gives him a red shirt year to develop. This gives Rucker the opportunity to show out this year.

I liked that Shirley and Pressley were added to the PS. I see both of these guys being starters in a few years. Also liked that we kept Lynch on PS because he such a good guy.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Pretty happy with the way it all went down with the exception of Marvin White. Sad to see him go, that's for sure.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Rey Maualuga is the new starting SLB!!! Marvin announced it today.. Makes me even more ancy for the season to start! Denver is going down!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...4-d0b67c3fc768
Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thrilled to hear about Rey getting the starting job. I am also fairly happy with the PS aside the M. White loss. Really glad that we kept Pressely. He's a monster and I think he's in position to eventually give Johnson a run for his money.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Sucks that Hard Knocks is over. I wish they could keep filming them throughout the season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-11-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

I am going to miss Hard Knocks also, it was something special for a Bengal fan to see. As I said before, my family even enjoyed it (all girls) and thats usually not the case when it comes to football.

It was a good decision by the Bengals to do hard knocks. So credit is due to Mike Brown on this one.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So glad the Blackout is lifted. I requested off work Sunday just so I could watch the game!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea, I'm happy it was lifted thats such a lame rule anyway.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama fans all want to know how Andre Smith has been doing.

How's his run blocking been? Any more problems with authority & his coaches? Any holding calls on him yet?

His downfield blocking was awesome in college. Everyone laughed at his man boobs, but I'll bet any NFL CB who sees Smith & his 330 lbs pulling around end on a sweep isn't laughing at all. His assets were always incredible upper AND lower body strength & a mean streak in pass protection.

His former Tide RB Glen Coffee really misses him out here in San Francisco now that Gore is out for 3 games. Coffee got most of his 1200+ yds. in college running behind Smith to the left.

Looking at the schedule, there is no Cincy on the 9ers schedule, so I havent had a chance to see Smith yet this season.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote