Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't playing yet because of his foot but I think he should start practicing pretty soon if he hasn't already.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who Dey????????????? you guys should apply for the Forum Mock for the Bengals.. we don't have a lot of Cincy applications as of now. It's a ton of fun.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind doing it but IDK what my availability is gonna be like in the coming weeks.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
He isn't playing yet because of his foot but I think he should start practicing pretty soon if he hasn't already.
Cleared for contact today (Monday, October 26th) and the team hopes to get him ready to play by November 8th's game against the Ravens. With the amount that Marvin Lewis is playing OT's Dennis Roland and Anthony Collins at TE (or 3rd OT), I'm really looking forward to seeing Smith get in there. To get that kind of extra push in the run game, especially against those teams like the Ravens and Steelers (Weeks 9 and 10 respectively) will be a big determining factor in how far this team can go.

I think a lot of people out there have forgotten how good a football player Andre Smith can be at Right Tackle...

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Yea Pudge, I for one cannot wait to see him get going. Say what you will about some of the things hes done since being suspended for the Sugar Bowl, the man is a beast on the field. If he can come in and contribute, our run game could be even better. I can just imagine watching Cedric run behind that right side with Andre and Bobbie Williams. Would be a thing of beauty.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Would be a thing of beauty.
It will be a thing of beauty*. There is no way Andre Smith makes this team worse, he can only make it better (if he's not ready to play, he won't play) and that should start to be a scary thought to the teams that play us in the second half. With our passing game finally back, and the addition of Andre Smith to the already much improved offensive line, we're a team that should easily make the playoffs and challenge for the AFC North title. I've also noticed the cornerbacks (Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph) are playing with a swagger they hadn't had as younger players. They each have Pro Bowl potential. Sunday's finally the best day of the week again.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I've been very encouraged by the play of Leon and JJ as well. Leon especially because I never really thought of him as a #1 corner but he's proven himself to be that good. While I still think JJ is more physically talented, Leon has been the one that plays with nearly flawless technique and makes plays when he can. His football IQ is very high and I think that's really something JJ can learn from to reach his full potential. That said, JJ has shown a lot of improvement and while he's made a few mistakes, he seems to make up for them by making big plays.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-27-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hows Domata Peko playing for you guys this year? Does he play NT or UT?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peko is playing very very solid for us. He has a non-stop motor.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Hows Domata Peko playing for you guys this year? Does he play NT or UT?
I've definitely seen him at both positions, so not sure which one is his "normal" position. From what I understand, Lewis is having trouble with the defensive line and rotating guys and it's possible Peko is one of the few guys who can play both NT and UT, so he ends up literally being rotated across the line.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

He's mainly the NT from what I can tell but you're right he moves around. He has been fantastic for us for a few years, I really think he's one of the best in the league that nobody talks about. Plus, he plays FB for us at times :)

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-28-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all need to quit, the Bengals will blow it! :D

I am just being a dick. You guys were my surprise team and so far you are making me look smart. haha.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
You all need to quit, the Bengals will blow it! :D

I am just being a dick. You guys were my surprise team and so far you are making me look smart. haha.
Way to slow the thread down buddy!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, going to be a slow week for us with the bye though :(
Old 10-30-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Way to slow the thread down buddy!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, going to be a slow week for us with the bye though :(
I hate bye weeks.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate bye weeks.
I have the football package gives me a chance to watch teams other then Cincinnati In HD

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everytime I watch the locker room interviews, Bobbie Williams slays me. He's funny as ****. The way he talks and his general demeanor and swagger are hilarious.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder how TJ is liking it in Seattle?

With that said, do you think our WR core is better, worse or indifferent without him?

I'm going with indifferent however the mood of the locker room may be better. Either way it's easy not to miss him at 6-2 and Caldwell/Coles have filled in very nicely.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our WR bunch is better without him. I may be the only one, but I was somewhat happy that he left. He was really starting to bother me with the way that he argued every single play. He was a great player, don't get me wrong, but I just think it would have been better if he wouldn't have bitched all the time. All that aside, I'd say that the WRs we have now are performing really well. We just seem much more versatile with the cast that we have. Huge bummer losing Henry though :(

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I think our WR bunch is better without him. I may be the only one, but I was somewhat happy that he left. He was really starting to bother me with the way that he argued every single play. He was a great player, don't get me wrong, but I just think it would have been better if he wouldn't have bitched all the time. All that aside, I'd say that the WRs we have now are performing really well. We just seem much more versatile with the cast that we have. Huge bummer losing Henry though :(
Now it is time for Jerome Simpson to step up and make some plays if he does not then i will declare him a bust. If he does not step up then Quan Crosby or Maurice Purifly need to step up.

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-09-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I would also really like to see something from Jerome Simpson now that Henry is lost for the season. IDK if I will declare him a bust if that doesn't happen, but now is the perfect time to step in and show you can contribute. Henry is a big part of this team whenever he's on the field. Even if he's not actually making plays, defenses have to account for him at all times because he is such a mismatch for opposing corners. It would be huge if Jerome is able to come in and provide a similar type of role.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 11-15-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4b9f7c5.html
Old 11-15-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love Zimmer, all of us do. We were all screaming to fire Breshnahan because he was so bland and conservative on offense. Then we get what we want and the defense becomes top notch. Joseph and Hall are what I think really makes it happen.

I'm afraid Zimmer gets hired as a HC. I would be happy for him, no doubt but it'd be hard to watch him go. I think he would make a great head coach though.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Zimmer is also the last year of his contract. If he does not get a raise, I think he'll walk and be someone else's DC.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Zimmer is also the last year of his contract. If he does not get a raise, I think he'll walk and be someone else's DC.
Guh. The rest of this division better pray that happens. He's the best DC we've had in Cinci in a long time (maybe ever) and I know he'll be missed big time when he does finally go.

The guy is a genius with both his schemes and motivation.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Thank you New England for 2nd place in the AFC "right now" 3 possiable trap games in a row i dont like it.

RIP themaninblack