Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 02-11-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say we deal for Plummer, what is the best deal we could get for Carr? a Mid/Late 3rd?

Im a fan of Kolb, and if we can trade Carr for a pick in which we use to get Kolb, thatd be ideal imo. Plummer playing for the next few years, then handing it over to Kolb when hes ready.

That said, im not sure Kolb lasts to the middle of round 3, so its all wishful thinking.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan
Say we deal for Plummer, what is the best deal we could get for Carr? a Mid/Late 3rd?

Im a fan of Kolb, and if we can trade Carr for a pick in which we use to get Kolb, thatd be ideal imo. Plummer playing for the next few years, then handing it over to Kolb when hes ready.

That said, im not sure Kolb lasts to the middle of round 3, so its all wishful thinking.
We should wait until next year and see if Chase Holbrook leaves since he will only be a junior and take him. He is like a JaMarcus Russell clone...6'6 240 and as a sophomore threw for 4,700 yards. 510 of those yards were against Boise State so against big competition he stepped up big. He also broke the NCAA record for most passing yards in a season by a sophomore. He also was in the top 5 for being sacked the most out of any QB so it will be scary to see what he could do with a good OL.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Really odd request here guys, but do any of you have a link to the Texans opening drive against the Cowboys, you know, their first ever opening drive as a NFL team?
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bump.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the whole Plummer deal is media speculation. Since the Texans aren't refutting or agreeing I believe it'll just keep getting steam rolled by the media until the beginning of next season. I mean if the right trade is offered for Carr I think it's in our best interest to consider it, but the question is what team isn't going to try and just rip us off. Plummer isn't the best option for us at the moment. We can all speculate about the team's interest in him, but until the Broncos cut him that's all it's gonna remain.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
I think the whole Plummer deal is media speculation. Since the Texans aren't refutting or agreeing I believe it'll just keep getting steam rolled by the media until the beginning of next season. I mean if the right trade is offered for Carr I think it's in our best interest to consider it, but the question is what team isn't going to try and just rip us off. Plummer isn't the best option for us at the moment. We can all speculate about the team's interest in him, but until the Broncos cut him that's all it's gonna remain.
I wonder if they trade up with the Lions to get one of the QB's. IMO, I doubt it happens since we will take the player Cleveland passes whether its Peterson or possibly Quinn
Old 02-13-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word on the street is the Texans are shopping Carr for a 2nd-6th rounder.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
Word on the street is the Texans are shopping Carr for a 2nd-6th rounder.
We shouldn't trade him for anything less than a 3rd. It's a waste getting rid of him for anything lower than that.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think, at the very best, the Texans, if lucky, get a 3rd. Actually, if they are smart, I think they'd be better off going with, say, a 4th, and perhaps a 2008 pick that is dependent on what Carr does. The reality is 2007/2008 is likely still to be another rebuilding year, with 2008/2009 as the target year for a legitimate push.

I don't think that changes much on the draft outlook though. After mocking through it several times, I still believe that the Texans best course is still to take a running back in round 1. I think Lynch is definitely worth it at 8, unless some late flags come up or a poor workout happens, the latter of which isn't expected right now. The running back dropoff is just too great after those 2, and the FA crop is thin, thus, the top targets could potentially get really costly. Add a Lynch a couple of the guys there (say, Dayne/Lundy), and that's a solid looking deep, versatile backfield.

With the 2nd rounder, I'd look DL or OL. Secondary and linebacker can wait. The third is when QB should be addressed, and if there's another third, then you address DL or OL, whichever hasn't been dealt with.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
gunn
Rookie

gunn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks as though the Vikings are one of the four teams interested in trading for Carr.

Rumors persist that the Vikings could trade with the Houston Texans for quarterback David Carr, who might cost just a fourth-round draft pick.
-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone like Scott's new picks for the Texans

1. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
2. Justin Blalock, OG, Texas

I really like this start to the draft, as it has the best RB and the best interior lineman....Good building block to the OL...If Spencer comes back healthy, The line will be in much better shape...

Other players I like in the 2nd are Chris Houston, Brandon Meriweather
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jake Plummer

I am from Denver and thought you may find this article interesting. While you may or may not agree, it is interesting.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid..._kc&id=2763865
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, you Texans' fans, give me the low-down on the Quarterback situation;
  • Is Sage Rosenfels going to be the guy?
  • Would they consider one of the top two Quarterbacks with the 8th pick?
  • Keep Carr?
  • Go after Jake Plummer?
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
  • Keep Carr?
  • Go after Jake Plummer?

I am not one of those people who is super high on Sage because of his 1 half of football....His history has shown that he has been a great QB in relief but has never had the same success as a starter.

I think a QB at #8 is sort of irrelevant in the fact that I dont think they will be one of the 2 there... Its almost like saying, would the Texans take Joe Thomas at 8?

If it was up to me, Id keep Carr around. Maybe add some competition...But its hard to go through different coaches, systems, coordinators, and OL every year...Now thats not an excuse, but it is reality...Id like to see a stronger run game and more downfield plays, but who doesnt? If the Texans cant get anything better than a 3rd rounder, I say keep him.

From everything that I have read, most speculation seems to have Jake Plummer being picked up by the Texans. I dont think they will trade for him, but they will most likely sign him after he gets released.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
  • Keep Carr?
  • Go after Jake Plummer?
1. God I hope not. If Carr leaves it is certain we will either draft a qb or pick up a FA qb to start.
2. Possibly, but unlikely. I don't see us going in that direction.
3. I wouldn't mind it if we can shore up our O line then we can see what he's really made of. He isn't as bad as most think.
4. God no. Jake got benched for his poor play in Denver, he couldn't handle the beating down here in Houston.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink

if you guys are crazy enough to sign Jake Plummer, will you release David Carr?
Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
coolrider8193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23?
If it was up to me, Id keep Carr around. Maybe add some competition...But its hard to go through different coaches, systems, coordinators, and OL every year...Now thats not an excuse, but it is reality...Id like to see a stronger run game and more downfield plays, but who doesnt? If the Texans cant get anything better than a 3rd rounder, I say keep him.

From everything that I have read, most speculation seems to have Jake Plummer being picked up by the Texans. I dont think they will trade for him, but they will most likely sign him after he gets released.
David Carr was an overrated QB that should not have never been selected as the top pick in the draft. Here are some of my reason why I say this....
(1) David Carr did not prove anything in college to warrant such high expectation.
(2) He played at Fresno St. (no knock on FSU), but at the time he came into the league, most people did not know who he was and the level of competition was not that great.
(3) I did not see any indication in college that he could through the deep ball with consistency and accuracy.
(4) David Carr although a great guy, is kind of immature. Meaning he never came across as a leader.
(5) You can't blame offensive lines on everything. I will give you an example. This year the Dallas cowboys was having perceived offensive line trouble early in the season when Drew Bledsoe was the starting QB, but when they switch over to Tony Romo the offense picked up with lessor sacks on the QB.
(6) If you don't have confidence and belief in your abilities to lead a team, then you are not a leader. Vince Young might not be the best statistical QB in the league, but he has leadership qualities that gravitate to his teammates. This is because of his belief in his abilities to get the job done.

It's time to move on and get a proven leader in Brady Quinn or maybe sign Jeff Garcia and draft Troy Smith in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
primetime0506
Rookie

primetime0506 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1st at fresno state carr through the deep ball alot that was what he was kind of known for. So try to get ur facts straight when he went to the senior bowl against the competion he played well so the comptition is irrelvent. Also the oline is a huge deal 5 years of it and that will change u alot. Dont fo get the end of the season mr. romo was getting sacked alot and his stats dropped and the team began to lose because they figured out how to blitz him. You say garcia he is a pure west coast qb that is why he struggled in detriot and clevland and if u didnt see down the field throws with carr its goin to be the same because i have as much arm strenght as jeff garcia. Plummer is prob the way there going to go I dont like it becasue they say kubak is going to change him. Sorry no when kubiak was in denver they had a great offensive line and run game. Last year denver o-line struggled and their running game was innefective like it had been in years past. So plummer struggled with out great o-line and run game, and what is in houston a worse o-line and even worse run game. Jake Plummer might be "the answer" but more then likley when he enters the Carr world he will not be as effective. The recivers in denvers are also better so if he comes here he is going to get the triple crown in worse o-line recivers and running game. Troy smith struggled agasinst the speed of florida and in the nfl they are even faster. I dont like troy smith as a great pro qb he will maybe be average at best. The best thing is to bring in competiton for carr being plummer or sage but i think 1 year is left for him to prove himself. Giving up on him only 1 year after the 06 draft makes the texans look even dumber for what they did. And dont fo get the game when sage came in 4 carr shoulder and he struggled he was like 0/3 and kubiak never threw anthoer pass with him for the rest of the game.
primetime0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There seems to be a growing feeling that the Texans will wait on RB. If that's the case, I expect them to go DL in round 1, and depending on the board, Qb/RB/DB as options in the 2nd/3rd round.

I still think taking Peterson or Lynch is probably the better move in round 1 due to the talent dropoff at RB.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
  • Keep Carr?
  • Go after Jake Plummer?
I wouldnt count on Sage the guy in one game w/ MIA threw fourteen completions to one guy (Chambers)

I doubt it, they probably dont want to rebuild

Give him an o-line and a 1200-1300yd rb

Definitly, can put pressure on Carr and may when the job, but he wont be a long term guy
Old 02-17-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Im in a mock draft on another website and I drafted Peterson in round 1....we are at the 3rd pick in the 2nd round now and these guys are available....was thinking of taking the best OL/CB/S/DL available....who do you guys prefer

Charles Johnson, DE
Aaron Ross, CB
Robert Meachem, WR
Quentin Moses, DE
Ben Grubbs, OG
Jon Beason, OLB
Tony Ugoh, OT
Anthony Spencer, DE
Chris Houston, CB
Ryan Kalil, OC
Brandon Merriweather, S
Old 02-17-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Im in a mock draft on another website and I drafted Peterson in round 1....we are at the 3rd pick in the 2nd round now and these guys are available....was thinking of taking the best OL/CB/S/DL available....who do you guys prefer

Charles Johnson, DE
Aaron Ross, CB
Robert Meachem, WR
Quentin Moses, DE
Ben Grubbs, OG
Jon Beason, OLB
Tony Ugoh, OT
Anthony Spencer, DE
Chris Houston, CB
Ryan Kalil, OC
Brandon Merriweather, S
Grubbs, Ugoh, or Kalil.
Ugoh if he can play LT
But im not as big of a Tex fan as other guys around here.

Also how did many of you guys become Tex fans were yall just Oilers left overs or what? The only reason I "like" the texans is because they have Carr Andre and Mathis
Old 02-18-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
primetime0506
Rookie

primetime0506 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like merriweather but i dont know if they can pass on meachem or mosses. I think meachem would be the pick cuz moulds is getting old. or they could go jon benson cuz out side is pretty bad.
primetime0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Anybody else here have an opinion....draft is still 4 picks away from me, but it seems most of these guys will be available...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ross, get Ross. Or Meachem.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote