Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 03-08-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
If Adrian Peterson was on the board when you drafted, do you think the Texans front office would draft him? I was just wondering because you just signed Green.
I would assume we would. Ahman isnt a long term solution.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Jordan Black.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
We signed Jordan Black.
I like the signing. While he'll never be a star, he could be a very solid starting caliber OL talent, and we all know that the Texans could use more of that. Offers some protection at LT if Charles Spencer doesn't come back, and saves them from having to reach for OL early. They really seem to be gearing towards allowing themselves the option of drafting Brady Quinn if he's there, although they could very well still go defense.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the signing of Black. I think he's going to help your O-line a good deal.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
We signed Jordan Black.
My condolences. Black might be passable at guard, but at tackle he is nothing more than a backup. I don't where anyone would get the impression that Black is any good. He is a reject from a team with a below-average oline and terrible tackles. He led the league in sacks given up for a reason, he is a terrible tackle. David Carr should just retire if Black is starting at tackle, I-65 is going to get him killed.

At least you didn't pay him much. He is good backup and depth who can play most positions on the line, just hope he isn't starting at tackle.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 03-08-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect much from Black, roster depth is about all he will provide.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Black is one of my underrated FAs this year, I was hoping the Giants would sign him to compete for our LG spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Black is one of my underrated FAs this year, I was hoping the Giants would sign him to compete for our LG spot.
I could see him becoming a decent guard, thats his natural position. I wouldn't have minded keeping him to compete for the RG spot, but at least I know he won't end up starting at tackle now.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be a RG here
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
primetime0506
Rookie

primetime0506 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

take him in a sec the moment goodle started the clock we would already be sending in the paper saying we takin peterson
primetime0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black's a good signing. He's out of position at left tackle but he can play guard well and right tackle in a pinch. Also, half of the sacks he gave up came in the first game, from that point on he was up there with the least amount of sacks given up, he also held Shawne Merriman and Jason Taylor sackless in games this year. He's not as bad as basileus made him out to be.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to Green Bay south.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
My condolences. Black might be passable at guard, but at tackle he is nothing more than a backup. I don't where anyone would get the impression that Black is any good. He is a reject from a team with a below-average oline and terrible tackles. He led the league in sacks given up for a reason, he is a terrible tackle. David Carr should just retire if Black is starting at tackle, I-65 is going to get him killed.

At least you didn't pay him much. He is good backup and depth who can play most positions on the line, just hope he isn't starting at tackle.
Reject from a team with a terrible o-line? KC has one bad year(granted...pretty bad) but the years prior they had one of the Best Offensive Lines in the History of the NFL: Willie Roaf, Will Shileds, Casey Weigmann, Brian Waters? I think you got yourself a faulty memory bro. Black isn't that bad and I think he got crapped on alot in KC just because he had to replace THE BEST Left Tackle to ever play the game(Willie Roaf)...It's hard to fill those shoes my friend.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any time you suppose a player a couple days before camp with a position change, it is going to rough.

Black improved significantly as a tackle. It may not be his natural position, but I would take him over a few starters in the league.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Texan fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4174

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so how is everyone doing?

it's all like dead in here and ish yo...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
so how is everyone doing?

it's all like dead in here and ish yo...
We definitely need more activity in here, where did gunn and all those other guys go? At least Datchapins back.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

helloooo helloooo hellooooo

is there anybody in there?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Congrats on signing Andre Davis...he's one hell of a gunner.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Congrats on signing Andre Davis...he's one hell of a gunner.
haha there wasn't any point in making this post, noone will read it. i think it is hilarious that the guy that post in this thread after a good amount of time is a bills fan. :)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
pswizz

I don't understand how Meriwether wouldn't fit ANY system to be honest. He can play any position in the Defensive backfield, he is a ball hawk, and he plays with that mean streak that a lot of guys don't play with. I think Meriwether could be eventually be a player similair to Troy Polamalu. I am very high on Meriwether, besides Landry he is the top safety in this class. As for his character, he got in a fight...there are whole team fights all the time in the MLB, does that make the whole team bad people? No you get caught up in a moment and thats what happens. As for the gun incident, he did absolutely nothing wrong, he had a permit for the weapon, he shot a guy protecting himself and his roomate. There's nothing wrong with protecting yourself!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i think it is hilarious that the guy that post in this thread after a good amount of time is a bills fan. :)
haha there wasn't any point in making this post, noone will read it.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I just wanted to stop in and say hi to Green Bay south.
Hello, Houston north.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
haha there wasn't any point in making this post, noone will read it. i think it is hilarious that the guy that post in this thread after a good amount of time is a bills fan. :)
Ummm, wrong. The point was to get you to make a post so that I might point out the enigma which is self fulfilling prophesy. So the post did have a point which it fulfilled. Muahhahaha.

Actually it's not a bad signing, I think Davis provides good depth. I can't say he's an automatic second option. However depth is never a bad thing. Hope this guy makes the team.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Oh, Jacoby Jones and Joe Staley are both scheduled to meet with the Texans. I could see us taking Jones in the third or fourth if he's still around depending on where we're picking. The guy has the measureables and his only real drawback is that he hasn't played against elite talent, but if we take a flyer on this guy in the later rds. I think he'd be worth it. Staley would also be a good option if we traded down and I'm of the opinion that Staley is right up there with Brown as far as talent goes. Anyways, it's good to see activity from our team even if it's all smokescreens.