Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-16-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope all those idiots with us picking in the top 5 of their mocks change immediately. We are looking very good through the first 2 games.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Prime Time
Rookie

Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.Prime Time could make a wolverine purr.

Props to Houston!! Your offense looks sick

Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasnt able to see the game, had to watch it on the nfl.com gamecenter. I heard that Andre and Ahman were hurt, any word on those?

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you guys have to be good?

unnnnnnggggg

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was pretty sweet. Schaub and Dre have a great connection. Only thing that worries me is our secondary.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I wasnt able to see the game, had to watch it on the nfl.com gamecenter. I heard that Andre and Ahman were hurt, any word on those?
I havent heard about Ahman yet but supposedly Andre has a sprained knee and will have an MRI tomorrow. Omobi is turning into a force! :)
Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet win today. Go Andre Johnson! Go Texans!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Sweet win today. Go Andre Johnson! Go Texans!
I've converted DG, btw.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright everybody is on the Texans bandwagon right now, I remember when it was just the three of us. It's clear that the Faggins era at starting CB is coming to an end, Fred Bennett will get his chance soon.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Alright everybody is on the Texans bandwagon right now, I remember when it was just the three of us. It's clear that the Faggins era at starting CB is coming to an end, Fred Bennett will get his chance soon.
This sucks. I drafted our defense in my fantasy draft because I had faith in them and it worked to perfection last week. This week my other defense was Cincinnatti and I noticed they were playing the Browns so I took our defense out and let Cincy start this week. :( I dont want to know how many negative points I got. The good news is Steve Smith is my WR......I will go crazy if we can beat the Colts next week and go 3-0!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon but I have to say your defensive line is looking nasty. Hopefully they'll cause enough pressure on the QB to bail out your horrible defensive backs(minus Dunta of course)
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When will Jamaar Fletcher get a shot at the #2 CB and leave Faggins as the Nickle or Dime, with Fred Bennett getting more reps????
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
pswizz

Jamar Fletcher is nowhere near a #2 corner. He has shown that with all his stints with everyother team he has played for. Faggins looked pretty bad last week, but he was asked to cover Steve Smith and from what it looked like the safeties were not in great helping position all that often. I would like to see Bennett in at the #2. I think he could become a great #2 next to Dunta. Safeties will be getting better once Demps and Boulware get in on defense on a regular basis.

Offensively, I expect Ahman Green to run all over the colts much like Dayne did last season. Owen will definitely be Schaubs gtg if AJ is out. But I expect that Jones would solidify himself as the #2 reciever because I see him with around 70 yards or so and with Walter doing absolutely nothing so far he will win the job.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Shiver is a bandwagon fan. He was here before the preseason.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should be excited about the team. I really like your defense. I wanted Ryans two years ago so badddddddd.

But the difference was your team has heart and currently, since last season the Panthers don't. Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme seemed like the only ones who cared.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
pswizz

just for the record...Iwas here last season also, just not the summer due to no cpu. I am not on the bandwagon.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswizz View Post
just for the record...Iwas here last season also, just not the summer due to no cpu. I am not on the bandwagon.
This is my 6th year on the bandwagon.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
I don't think Shiver is a bandwagon fan. He was here before the preseason.
I've been on the band-wagon when I was one of the twelve people in the entire world who thought taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush was the correct call.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:02 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Man, its so completely refreshing to not have David Carr anymore.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to post in the Texans thread a decent amount, but I never got any games. I'm more of just doing this now to entertain commie, and I like Mario and Andre Johnson. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
pswizz

well...I meant that I was on this discussion board last year too, I have been a fan for about 4-5 years.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok whats the scoop on this Andre Johnson injury? Who steps up? Does Jacoby Jones get more involved with the offense?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

3rd RANKED RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE BABY!!!!!!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
pswizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Ok whats the scoop on this Andre Johnson injury? Who steps up? Does Jacoby Jones get more involved with the offense?
I think that if AJ doesn't play that would move Jacoby to the #2 slot. I think with AJ gone Shaub is going to be looking for Owen Daniels all day, and I think he may have a career game. Jacoby I can see having around 70 yards for the game, which will put him ahead of Kevin walter for the rest of the season who has had little to no production alongside one of the best recievers in the league. I think this is a breakthrough game for Jacoby even if he only does end up with 70 yards, he will break into the starting lineup and be able to begin his domination. I also think Jerome Mathis could play a pretty large spot in this game from the slot. I wouldn't be surprised to see him bust a huge play on the Colts secondary out of the slot position.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why AJ?! He was totally carrying me in my fantasy league. Ugh enough about my probs though. Hopefully he'll recover soon and be back after this week. Thing I think is that we won't be running all over the Colts like last years victory. Bob Sanders wasn't playing that game and on their defense he makes the difference. While I think we'll have success on the ground I don't think we'll rack up close to 200 yds. again. I'm thinking we'll be closer to 120-135 yds.

Me and my friend were having an argument the other day about AJ's absence in the game and I'll put my point on here like I had put it to him. AJ provides our best option and how he's been getting open and making plays it would have been unwise not to feed the monster. Having said that though I know our other receivers are capable of picking up the slack and I expect to see an even distribution among our receivers. Somebody not mentioned that should make an impact though is Davis. He has good chemistry with Schaub and is a burner and I think he'll have an impact this weekend.

Our Defense is gonna be awesome and Reliant is gonna be loud as Hell man this Sunday is taking to long to get here! I CAN'T WAIT! TEXANS ARE GONNA ROCK THE COLTS AND MAKE IT A GREAT GAME!!! GO TEXANS!!! WOHOO!!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote