Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-19-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Andre being out is gonna hurt my 2-0 fantasy team. :(

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that sucks big time, but maybe Jacoby will show why he's our next big playmaker. We need to activate Samkon Gado too, just so we can run the ball like 60 times.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
pswizz

F*ck fantasy...this is possibly going to hurt our overall record, but I still don't think it will affect us too bad. I think we will be able to counter with a solid rush and still solid pass offense. Not that we will need it if our defense plays like it has!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well played game all around for both teams. Proves to me the Texans really are starting to be a legit team in the league. Without all the injuries the Texans probably pull this one out. No Andre Johnson, Ahman Green gets hurt on the first play, Jacoby Jones, and Steve McKinney get hurt. Glad to see Andre Davis step up today. Our secondary sucks major balls.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout Jerome Mathis!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
How bout Jerome Mathis!
That was a beautiful way to start the game. I was getting excited that the Texans were going to kick some a$$ but then Manning does what Manning does and led the Colts for a quick score.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't a bad effort. We had some key injuries, but we have to be able to move past those if we wanna be a great team. Schaub's 2nd pick was a killer though, just not a good play. Our secondary is still weak.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any update on how Ahman is doing? Will he miss time?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Any update on how Ahman is doing? Will he miss time?
Ahman had an MRI today and its said to just be swelling but he is unsure if he will play against the Falcons. Steve McKinney is out for the season with a torn ACL. I havent found anything on Andre yet.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 09-24-2007 at 06:08 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
It wasn't a bad effort. We had some key injuries, but we have to be able to move past those if we wanna be a great team. Schaub's 2nd pick was a killer though, just not a good play. Our secondary is still weak.
It wasnt a bad effort at all but its quite hard to move past key injuries when the injury is on two of your top offensive players. N.D Kalu was hurt too and he is the anchor of our DL with all of the young kids looking up to him. The Texans faught hard and I commend them for that. The Colts couldnt have won if Payton and Marvin were out. We should be able to move past our secondary injuries but there is no way someone can take the place of Andre and be as productive and draw double teams constantly.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's Andre's absence that hurt us the most.I think them stacking the box and us having both our top RB's out is what hurt us. We moved the ball effectively through the air, but on the ground we did nothing. Also the turnovers hurt us. We force a fumble and couldn't recover, we got our hands on the ball, but couldn't pull it in for the int. I know Payton gets rid of the ball effectively, but during the first half we could not get any pressure on him. We could have had the game, but the Colts were the better team this weekend. The injuries slowed us down, but our team is much better this yr. and should overcome our injuries until JJ and AJ and AG and man all these injuries suck, but if there were ever a good time to have them it might be this stretch of games.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I don't think it's Andre's absence that hurt us the most.I think them stacking the box and us having both our top RB's out is what hurt us. We moved the ball effectively through the air, but on the ground we did nothing. Also the turnovers hurt us. We force a fumble and couldn't recover, we got our hands on the ball, but couldn't pull it in for the int. I know Payton gets rid of the ball effectively, but during the first half we could not get any pressure on him. We could have had the game, but the Colts were the better team this weekend. The injuries slowed us down, but our team is much better this yr. and should overcome our injuries until JJ and AJ and AG and man all these injuries suck, but if there were ever a good time to have them it might be this stretch of games.
Very true, but the Colts were able to stack the box because Andre was out. I'm almost positive they would have double teamed him although it makes me wonder if any of the other WR's would have stepped up anyways. It didnt help that Ahman got hurt on the first play of the game. We had a lot of bad luck. If the safety didnt tip the ball in the endzone then Faggins almost for sure would have had the INT and if Jacoby could have caught that ball that was tipped then we are looking at a whole different ballgame. Boleware will start getting a lot better once he gets comfortable with the defense and being around his teammates. Its scary when the line against the Falcons is only us by 2.5 points. Your right though, if there was a time to have all of these injuries its right now while we play Atlanta and then Miami.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
pswizz

There are always a lot of ifs and buts after a loss. The fact is that the Texans got outplayed for 2 quarters and played even for 1. The 4th belonged to the Texans, but not as much as the 3rd belonged to the Colts. With how young we are, it is very promising to see this team perform so well against a top team in the league like the Colts. I can definitely see us with a couple wins in a row upcoming but we are going to need some help at WR, right now we have Kevin Walter and Jerome Mathis. Mathis will supply a deep threat but that is it, and Wlater hasn't done anything this year. We have got to find something out there. I would like to see Chris Taylor on the roster for the upcoming games, he provided a spark for us a little bit last year and with all the injuries he could step in and possibly solidify a spot on the active roster.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
pswizz

I actually just learned that Chris Taylor is on IR so I guess he won't be able to help out...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been behind you guys for a while now; unfortunately it must come to a temporary halt. Sorry, but my heart is with the Falcons.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
pswizz

If we lose to the Falcons I would be pretty upset. Although it would definitely help if DeAngelo Hall were not playing...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I think Demps will be a better addition than Boulware. I mean I like both of them, but I think Demps is a more polished player. Also our run game should help against the Falcons as their run D is not that good right now. We gotta take advantage of that. Even with Ahman out if we get Dayne in there we should be more effective.

Yeah, I can admit the Colts beat us. I was just commenting on how close the game still was at the end. It wasn't a blow out like the first game last season it came down to a few plays that had they turned out different the outcome might have been different. That to me is a good thing to see.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
pswizz

Yeah I definitely thought it was a good outing for the Texans, I think with a little more depth we could have stopped the Colts earlier on their final possesion and given us more time to have an actual 2-minute drill. But again it comes back to injuries. Without the injuries our depth chart looks a lot better, but that is just part of the game.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:59 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The WR's have to step up today and we really have to watch our running back situation because if Ahman Green has knee problems we may have to trade for a running back before the deadline.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Dayne starting today?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dayne is horrible why is he on our roster he is an absolute bust as a first round pick.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

We really need to shore up our secondary. Outside of Dunta, it is atrocious.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Man, that game was gut wrenching. Faggins getting called for 4 penalties really hurt us, even though one of them was pretty questionable he didn't do well as our 2nd corner. I don't think our secondary is a weakness anymore, it's just the 2nd corner we're having probs. with the most. I mean week in and week out everyone is just gonna pick on Faggins. 2 touchdowns to Steve Smith, one that he just did a horrible job of tackling, this week the Falcons basically made him their b@@@@. I think our D-line did a good job of pressuring Harrington, but he just had easy targets.

What I think has become a weakness is the running game. I won't put all the blame on the RB though they do share most of the responsibility. I think the other factor that's hurting us and will probably keep hurting is the absence of McKinney. Don't get me wrong, Flannagan is good, okay, he's okay, but his run blocking just isn't on the same level as McKinney. I really hate seeing teams daring us to pass so much. Even though we are having success, I think it's gonna be difficult until Andre and the others get back, because they are just stacking the box and easily stuffing us. We gotta make them pay enough through the air that they stop putting 8 in the box.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
pswizz

I agree, but I don't think that we can take the challenge and force people to get 8 out of the box until AJ gets back. Davis has played well but teams won't take him seriously. We need AJ back!
Old 10-07-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

This doesnt come as much of a surprise but Jerome Mathis has been put on IR. He is starting to turn into Bennie Jopru although Jerome actually plays a few games.