Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 12-13-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kenny Phillips to the Texans would make the team's D super legit.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree adding a playmaker to the secondary would make this defence have playmakers at each level on D.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 and a half sacks, and cued the Super Mario music. Yes, I do believe Mario is fast becoming my hero.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Mario did play beastly tonight, he's freakishly athetic and looks to be getting more dominant the more he plays, if Okoye meets his potential you guys could easily have the best defensive line in football...

Is Travis Johnson playing up to par this year?? Being that he's a 1st rd pick too if he steps up his play he makes that line even better
I think he is. I have been impressed by Travis this year. At times he makes big plays, but he has consistently been clogging the middle this season.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he destroyed Trent Green. NEVER cut block Travis Johnson
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait till Dunta and Bennett are starting across from eachother. With 7 wins, we could be out of Kenny Phillips range. If only Boulware could play like he did in his 2nd year. I'd love to put our first into Jonathan Stewart of Oregon. Or go for crazy and get a pass rushing DE. Not really though.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I can't wait till Dunta and Bennett are starting across from eachother. With 7 wins, we could be out of Kenny Phillips range. If only Boulware could play like he did in his 2nd year. I'd love to put our first into Jonathan Stewart of Oregon. Or go for crazy and get a pass rushing DE. Not really though.
The Michael Boulware scenario is really unlikely from what I've heard. Word on Boulware is that he's soft, doesn't work hard, and just lacks quickness. He would ideally be suited for goal-line since he's got good size, but he got his ankles broken by a Dallas Clark juke when we gave him a shot. I really liked him before this season, but I don't expect much except for special teams.

But who knows we could be ok at safety next year without bringing in anyone new. As much as I dislike Will Demps, he has done pretty well for us and is solid against the run. Plus we will have Glenn Earl back from injury next season, and he was getting a lot of praise for improvement before his injury. If Demps and an improved Earl are the starters we would be pretty solid.

I loved the all red uni's on Thursday, what did you guys think?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
The Michael Boulware scenario is really unlikely from what I've heard. Word on Boulware is that he's soft, doesn't work hard, and just lacks quickness. He would ideally be suited for goal-line since he's got good size, but he got his ankles broken by a Dallas Clark juke when we gave him a shot. I really liked him before this season, but I don't expect much except for special teams.

But who knows we could be ok at safety next year without bringing in anyone new. As much as I dislike Will Demps, he has done pretty well for us and is solid against the run. Plus we will have Glenn Earl back from injury next season, and he was getting a lot of praise for improvement before his injury. If Demps and an improved Earl are the starters we would be pretty solid.

I loved the all red uni's on Thursday, what did you guys think?
I loved the red uniforms too. They were pretty cool. It would be cool to see us get Calais Campbell with our first since we are probably out of Kenny Phillips range. :) One of the Jenkins' would be nice too. I think we will go defense first round. They are close to a dominating unit.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

We've got too pressing of needs and are too close to the playoffs to pick another 1st round d-lineman when anthony weaver is perfectly fine. Spots we need to address are safety, guard, tackle, and another center for depth. Since we are out of Kenny Phillips range most likely I think we should pick up Jeff Otah if he's available, or maybe even Sam Baker. This isn't a very top heavy draft for guards so there may still be some quality options in round 3 for us to take.

Although Josh Barrett would be SWEET. 6'3 231 Damn.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 12-19-2007 at 12:17 AM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Although Josh Barrett would be SWEET. 6'3 231 Damn.
He's built a lot like Boulware is, maybe even a little closer to Sean Taylor's build. He's lankier than the 231 would indicate. He's been hurt a lot this year, but is still a pretty beastly athlete, and managed a half decent season even though he didn't start much. I only saw him play once this year, and then once the year before, but from what I saw he's really aggressive, really fast, and a pretty solid tackler. He's got some work to do in coverage, but he'd be a good project for a dominant FS in the future, cause he's the kind of player who needs to have some room to roam.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans are a tough team to figure out in the first round of the draft this year. They have young talent already in place on both sides of the ball but still are missing the pieces required to get over the hump. The defense could really use an impact player like Kenny Phillips in the secondary but that offense will never amount to anything without a running game to balance.

When it's all said and done, I think the Texans go with a RB like Mendenhall(should he declare) in the first round because of what he brings to the running and passing game. That and it's a lot easier to find starting safeties in the later rounds.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game, y'all. Nice to see our division not have a losing team. Y'all should be very good next year. See ya then.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow, we need to find some better bookends for whoever is at QB next season.

Salaam should not be a LT in the nfl

Nice to see Darius Walker play well today, I like his future as a 3rd down type
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans release Mike Flanagan, Hodgdon, and Jeb Putzier.
Zach Thomas is planning on visiting the Texans too.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5552918.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerome Mathis arrested and charged for choking his wife. What an asshole

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Damnit Jerome, the kid is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, players in the NFL and he does something stupid like that. I hate this kind of stupidity!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I freakin loved Jerome??? What a d i c k.

I still have hopes for the texans.

Nice to see everyone eating crow about mario after this season, huh? Funny that everyone was saying Bush was sooooooo awesome at the draft. Now, not so much.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good is DB Von Hutchins?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could congratulate you guys on Reeves, but I cant, 20 million dollars for him? I can promise you if he's ever asked to step in and play the way we asked him to do when we had injuries, he was picked on the entire year by opposing offenses, he cant play off, cant play bump and run, i understand having a vet, but that seems a tad pricey for a guy who didnt do anything well this past year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WOW! 20 Million?! Are you serious? We could have spent that money on a MUCH better corner in Drayton Florence!!!! ><

Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not crazy about this signing at all...although I admit that I havent seen Reeves play much at all, what Ive heard of him hasnt been good...Seems like we sign one player a year to a questionable contract, now I know the guarenteed money probably isnt overly high, it could still be a problem should he not perform. I hope this doesnt rule out a CB in round 1 should Rodgers-Cromartie slip down to 18, I guess this puts us in a position to take the BPA? I dont know, I guess weve got to trust Smith/Kubiak/Rhodes on this one....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Well I guess that pretty much sets us taking either a Tackle or Running back in the first round. We'll probably still take a corner or two in the later rounds though.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the scope on dunta? Supposed to return to form, or is his career in jeapordy? Im really rooting for him, he started to blossom into a top db, I loved his intensity out there, felt like he could take on any wr, he was developing nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

I think Dunta will be back somewhere in the middle of the season. But I'm not really sure either.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reeves? come on... I am pulling for the Texans. But they need to stop signing bums.

I am not tying to be a jerk. I like the Texans alot. Reeves is not good. Maybe a change of scenery will help, but I dont think that was money well spent.

Yall gonna trade down from 18, or what? Seems to me if you guys can add picks, you will be in good shape. There will be PLENTY of running backs in the third, this year. I love the young players on the team, but hated to watch what happened when Andre Johnson went down. A playmaker of offense seems to be in order, the way it looks to me...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote