Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 03-09-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the signing of Demps and Reeves I think that improves our secondary. Reeves contract is worth 20 mil. if he hits all incentives. However the guaranteed money is 8 mil. over 5 yrs. I'm not sure of all the contract details so I don't know how much the signing bonus was or how much would be going to the guaranteed. However in the situation he's in I doubt he'll hit many incentives. I'm sure one of those incentives is to retain the starting job. Once Dunta returns I think he would go back to playing as the third corner on our team. I don't think he'll be better than our Gamecocks, but if he beat them out that would have to be an upgrade. Demps I don't care what anybody says, the guy is a solid safety. I think our secondary will be all right. I would have like to have seen Hutchins return, but what is will be.

Anyways, with these moves and the non-re-signing of Dayne, I am hopeful we will pick up a RB in the draft. I've seen we've been reported to have interest in Dunn, but considering nothing's been scheduled I'm thinking this is more speculation than fact. Had they really been interested a date to visit would have been set up already. I'm confident they will take a RB unless another player at another position that would make a bigger impact slid.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm hearing that Jonathan Stewart might need surgery on his big toe, which means he would be gone for 4-6 Months. You think that will scare us away from taking him? I think we should still take him if available unless someone great falls to us.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have signed unrestricted free agent running back Chris Brown, the team announced today.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the deal is for two years.

Brown (6-3, 220) is entering his sixth NFL season. He was taken in the third round (93rd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans. Brown played in 54 games, starting 29. For his career, Brown has rushed for 2,757 yards and 16 touchdowns. His best season came in 2004 when he cracked the 1,000-yard barrier rushing for 1,067 yards on 220 carries and scored a career-high six touchdowns.

Brown was the fifth running back taken in the 2003 draft. He trails only Willis McGahee and Larry Johnson in rushing yards gained by active players from their draft class. Last season, Brown finished second on the Titans with 462 yards on the ground and five rushing touchdowns. He led the team with a 4.5 yards-per-carry average.

Brown is the third unrestricted free agent to sign with the team. Houston secured the services of CB Jacques Reeves and LB Kevin Bentley earlier the month. Houston re-signed TE Mark Bruener, WR André Davis and SS Glenn Earl thus far in free agency.
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

We just signed Chris Brown, when I think is healthy is a really capable back. Might change up our plans with our 1st Round pick in my opinion.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like the Chris Brown signing at all. How have they not gotten it by now. We need a consistently healthy playmaker back there. Not a bunch of injury prone guys
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
iKNOW

texans have too many "good when healthy" RBs. i like brown but hard to depend on him.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Quote:
The Denver Broncos traded guard Chris Myers to the Houston Texans on Monday in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Myers, a fourth-year player, was a restricted free agent who signed a contract with the Broncos to facilitate the trade. Myers signed a four-year, $11 million contract that includes a $3 million signing bonus, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Myers started all 16 games for the Broncos last season. He began the season starting the first five games at left guard before moving over to start the final 11 games at center in place of injured starter Tom Nalen.

The Texans had a need at center, as starter Steve McKinney was lost for the season with a knee injury and veteran Mike Flanagan was released on Feb. 20.

The Broncos selected Myers in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft, and could have matched any offers but decided to trade him to Houston. This was the first personnel move for the Broncos since general manager Ted Sundquist's departure.
I like the trade, it was only a 6th Round pick. He's probably going to be better then any Guard or Center we could have taken in the 6th.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say that was a good trade, too. Well worth a sixth...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read earlier that if Oakland completed the trade for Hall(which they did) then they may look to trade Nnamdi Asomugha since they will not be able to give him the same size contract as Hall when he becomes a free agent again next season. At the beginning of free agenancy i read that the Texans were going to try hard for Nnamdi Asomugha, untill he was francised. I would love to see him as a Texan, but would be worried about what we would have to give up to get him. Al Davis already raped us once in the Phillip Bucannon debalcal. Also im not sure the Texans would pursue it now that they gave all that money to Reeves(which i would of rather had Randell *** for a lot cheaper). I have a bad feeling Reeves will be another Faggins. Since we are going to probably use our first pick on a DB i think we should offer it to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha. And wait and see if Jamaal Charles falls to us in the third round.

Last edited by jjmt2500 : 03-19-2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: *** was blocked out.. it was a players name, not meant to be bad
jjmt2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

I think that the signing of Jacque Reeves proved that we weren't going to take a corner, in Round 1, at least. The Front Office has hope in him that he can handle the starting spot opposite Fred Bennett until Duanta is back. Once Daunta comes back, Reeves, will likely move to the nickel spot. But I still have a feeling that we are going to take a corner in the 3rd Round.
In my opinion, if the Falcons can't get a 1st Round pick for DeAngelo Hall, Asomugha will probably not get one that's in the middle of the round. I doubt Oakland is going to trade away a possible shutdown corner-duo either, the odd man out in Oakland would probably be Fabian Washington.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Asomugha would fetch more than Hall. He is a far better cover corner. I read a while ago that if Daunta's let doesnt heal right he maybe moved to safety. I would be really surprised if they draft a RB unless they plan on cutting Green... I would love to see Chris Williams or Keith Rivers fall to us.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

We're looking at Quinn Gray, which is good news in my opinion. Minnesota apparently offered us a Third Round pick in return for Sage Rosenfels. We need to let that trade happen. We get a third round pick and we find a replacement in Quinn Gray.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5637424.html

Old 03-23-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I would be really suprised if they settle for a 3rd. They turned the vikings down when they offered there 3rd. I think someone is offering a 2nd. I think Atl would give us our pick back for Sage.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had an odd fascination with the Texans for awhile, despite the last time I was ever in Texas being, uh, the 1980's.

I'm awfully intrigued with what they do in the draft. This is a team that's sitting on the border, close enough to sniff something, but with the parity of the NFL, also close enough to fall back a bit.

The signing of Reeves was a calculated move which suggests they won't go CB early. It doesn't necessarily suggest they won't go safety early, though, and that's a key distinction. That said, most acknowledge Phillips is awfully high, and it's questionable if one wants to play DRC, Jenkins, or Talib at FS, and if any one of them will be available.

LB was a thought as well. Rivers sounds intriguing if he's there, but I do wonder if they pull the trigger. Granted, the LB signings haven't screamed off the charts, but it seems to suggest that they will give one of them a SAM shot, meaning that Greenwood stays at weak. Doesn't rule out LB, but it does seem iffy.

RB seems unlikely after the Brown signing.

So what's left? If a top 5 OL is there, I think that will be strongly considered. But the chances of a top 5 OL being there is only 50/50 at the moment, and they might not make a move on Albert, although that's been debated round and round in many places. Rivers, as noted, could be an option, and there are those that champion Connor as a mid-first pick, which I vehemently disagree with, but eh. I'm left wondering if another first round pick might be spent on DL. There's definitely a need for another pass rusher on a more consistent basis (that is, Chaun Thompson would be a situational option at best). Gonna be intriguing to see what happens. I think they would prefer dealing down if the top OL are off, so we'll see how it plays out.

Btw, I think a Sage trade that's a 3rd plus is probably the most realistic scenario, and that's a very good return for Sage. I think part of the reason they didn't pull the trigger earlier was because they didn't have a backup option. Gray would be a backup option that could allow them to make said move.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Btw, I think a Sage trade that's a 3rd plus is probably the most realistic scenario, and that's a very good return for Sage. I think part of the reason they didn't pull the trigger earlier was because they didn't have a backup option. Gray would be a backup option that could allow them to make said move.
The papers this morning said that would be an awful idea to get rid of Sage. But the way I see it, is that he's gonna be leaving soon for a chance at a starting job if/when he doesn't win it this year. We don't want to have to pay him a lot to stay around and be #2. They act like it's expected that Schaub will always be hurt and we need two equals at the QB position, but that's not money well spent in my opinion. The paper argued that the QB position must be addressed before all others and it would be foolish to trade Sage for a 3rd or even a 2nd and address other needs because QB is the most important. That's bad logic in my mind. You can win with one good QB (Colts, Pats, etc.) and a good team, but not with solid QBs and no support. I'd see if we can get a 3rd from the Vikings and maybe squeeze a 6th out of them to get ours back from our trade for Chris Myers. However, this whole plan is useless if we don't sign Quinn Gray.

Texans | Gray set to sign with team
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:30:54 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports free-agent QB Quinn Gray (Jaguars) said he is set to sign a one-year contract with the Houston Texans. The team is giving him a one-year deal worth $635,000, including $40,000 to sign.

And now it looks like it will be so. Sage trade on draft day if it is going to happen, if we see a player there who we like. I'd rather pull it now, while the Vikings are eager to grab him and max out his trade value and see if we can package something to move into the 2nd.

Last edited by America : 03-23-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

This is good news because we are able to trade Sage for a pretty solid draft pick AND find a replacement for him.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Yeah that's a good deal with Gray, pretty cheap. I love Sage, but we've got a lot of areas to address and an extra 3rd would be great. I'd love to grab Charles Godfrey in the third and switch him to safety although I don't know if he'll be available. We really need a Center Fielder back there, so CC can play SS. Unless Ahman is let go, I don't see us going RB in round 1, although I'd love Mendenhall or Stewart, or Jamal Charles later on. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go OT, DB, DE/DT for our first three picks. With Ryan Clady's recent low/mid teen score on the wonderlic, he could drop down to us, where he'd be a great value. Then if we pull the Sage trade, we could grab maybe a guy like Jason Jones and then someone like Tyrell Johnson. Those aren't necessarily the guys I would go after, but they're around the skill level of some players we could get.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80760e94

John McLain said "They will absolutely not take a running back". You believe him?
He also said that with the 1st and 3rd Round picks, we're going to take either a corner or tackle.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:49 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

i believe that.... unless they get a second and they take jamaal charles in the second round...
Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
HTown NFL fan

Any of you see what I'm seeing? I saw this last year and I am seeing it again this year. Texans Offseason Strategy in 2008 and last year in 2007 is to sign free agents to fill needs. Then head into the draft with a best-player-available strategy.

Last year, nobody had them taking Amobi in 1st. All of the mocks said they would go O-Line, Safety, or WR. Instead they had a draft day trade worked out with Denver but then canceled the trade deal when Amobi was available. Their comment afterwards was that he was the #1 rated defensive player in the entire draft on their board. And that it was a no-brainer to take him.

I say that they are doing the same thing this time. Their obvious needs were O-Line and Secondary. So they got Reeves in FA and traded for the young Broncos Center. If somebody they really like falls to their pick. They take him. Otherwise, I think they are going to try to trade down. And I think they will take any position except QB or MLB. BPA all the way.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Yeah that's a good deal with Gray, pretty cheap. I love Sage, but we've got a lot of areas to address and an extra 3rd would be great. I'd love to grab Charles Godfrey in the third and switch him to safety although I don't know if he'll be available. We really need a Center Fielder back there, so CC can play SS. Unless Ahman is let go, I don't see us going RB in round 1, although I'd love Mendenhall or Stewart, or Jamal Charles later on. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go OT, DB, DE/DT for our first three picks. With Ryan Clady's recent low/mid teen score on the wonderlic, he could drop down to us, where he'd be a great value. Then if we pull the Sage trade, we could grab maybe a guy like Jason Jones and then someone like Tyrell Johnson. Those aren't necessarily the guys I would go after, but they're around the skill level of some players we could get.

I would love to get Ryan Clady, but I don't see any chance of him falling all the way to 18. I don't think teams put too much stock in the wonderlic tests. After all, Vince was still the first qb chosen in his draft class in spite of his score, and Donovan McNabb also had a pretty bad score, but it didn't really affect his draft stock. I think the most realistic scenario if we go OT is we end up with Chris Williams.

However if we are targeting an OT it would be a great opportunity to trade down. We could trade down to the bottom of the first and take Sam Baker. He's a good left tackle prospect and is an upgrade over Ephraim; and better yet we could climb back into the second round.

As for DE's I would like to see us get Calais Campbell. Our D Line would be so athletic then it would be scary.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Alex Gibbs does not believe in taking OL in the first round, and he is so respected by Kubs and Smith, so i dont think there anyway we go OL in the first round. They got both Eric Winston and Charles Spencer(who was a great pick before the injury) in the 3rd round, so they have had luck with OL in the 3rd round. If they can trade back and get Stewart in the late first, since we have the luxury of being able to wait on him to heal since we have so many RBs, and pick up a 2nd, that would be nice.

By the way... Has anyone heard of the status of Charles Spencer???
Old 04-03-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Alex Gibbs does not believe in taking OL in the first round, and he is so respected by Kubs and Smith, so i dont think there anyway we go OL in the first round. They got both Eric Winston and Charles Spencer(who was a great pick before the injury) in the 3rd round, so they have had luck with OL in the 3rd round. If they can trade back and get Stewart in the late first, since we have the luxury of being able to wait on him to heal since we have so many RBs, and pick up a 2nd, that would be nice.

By the way... Has anyone heard of the status of Charles Spencer???
I've been talking to the assistant strength and conditioning coach about him, and he says that at this point they really don't know. They expect to know by training camp if he will be ready to play again, but if he's still not NFL ready, there's a good chance he never will be. I like Spencer a lot and hope he can come back for us.

Based on the trade value chart, if we want to trade back in the first and get a second out of it, we are going to have to switch picks with the Giants at 31; where I expect Stewart to be long gone. If we want Stewart I don't think we should leave the 18-21, because remember the Cowboys pick at 22, and they would take him in a heart beat.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont remember if it was Mel Kiper or Todd McShay but one of them now has Stewart going in the 2nd. I think Dallas will take the other razorback. Plus i dont believe Jerry Jones when he says they wont try to get DMac, if Oakland passes him up then Dallas could get the 5th spot for both there 1st rounders and a 3rd
Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
I think that the signing of Jacque Reeves proved that we weren't going to take a corner, in Round 1, at least. The Front Office has hope in him that he can handle the starting spot opposite Fred Bennett until Duanta is back. Once Daunta comes back, Reeves, will likely move to the nickel spot. But I still have a feeling that we are going to take a corner in the 3rd Round.
In my opinion, if the Falcons can't get a 1st Round pick for DeAngelo Hall, Asomugha will probably not get one that's in the middle of the round. I doubt Oakland is going to trade away a possible shutdown corner-duo either, the odd man out in Oakland would probably be Fabian Washington.
Just to chime in, Im 110% sure you dont want Reeves to be playing slot in the nickel, I was one of his biggest supporters for most of the season but the kid just couldnt cover anyone...Not only that he was constantly picked on when he came on the field, so even if he is guarding the slot wr, the offense is more then likely going to focus on him and work on his man, basically what im saying is he is nothing to note that would rule out a corner...He's young and has some speed, but you dont want him to be your top 3 db's in the rotation otherwise its recipe for disaster.

I dont buy not taking a Rb either, Brown is a journeyman, he gets injured alot, and you would be screwed if he went down, I think Kevin Smith would be perfect in round 2 to rotate with Brown.

Also whats the status on Robinson? Is he going to get back to form at some point or is he going to have a hard time playing at 100% next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just to chime in, Im 110% sure you dont want Reeves to be playing slot in the nickel, I was one of his biggest supporters for most of the season but the kid just couldnt cover anyone...Not only that he was constantly picked on when he came on the field, so even if he is guarding the slot wr, the offense is more then likely going to focus on him and work on his man, basically what im saying is he is nothing to note that would rule out a corner...He's young and has some speed, but you dont want him to be your top 3 db's in the rotation otherwise its recipe for disaster.
I personally wouldn't want him either...but with the money that we are going to pay him, you'd expect coaches to give him a chance at the starting spot.