Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 04-03-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We play a little different coverage scheme than dallas does. Plus maybe Ray Rhodes can get the most out of Reeves. At least Faggins is not starting.....
jjmt2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Rhodes is awesome, he is one guy who will get every ounce of effort out of his players. He is a defensive mastermind, and a great motivator, so it will be interesting to see just how good our defense can be this year.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My forum mock for the Houston Texans

18 Rashard Mendenhall, RB - Illinois
79 Antwaun Molden, CB Eastern Kentucky
111 Xavier Adibi, LB Virginia Tech
117 Craig Steltz, SS - LSU

I took a sleeper in Molden in the third round. I think Mendenhall is to good to pass up at 18. I think he is great value there. All the top CBs and OL were gone before me. I was kind of hoping Albert fell. I didn't address LT but I mean was anybody I drafted after 18 going to be better than Spencer or even Fyre? I think Steltz is an underrated guy and could maybe make an impact soon. Adibi was around in the mid fourth so I grabbed him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question-Everyone has the Texans taking a running back. I would love to see that. However, why pick up Chris Brown???? I like Brown, and when he is healthy he is really good. Why not go with what you have in the backfield. If you take a running back early, doesnt that put too much money in the back field? And what is the point of having Green and Brown if you are going to draft a race horse. Seems to me, with the three backs the Texans have, there are greater needs and will be value to be had in the first.

I think the texans will make trades this year, and come up with some extra picks. But, and I feel confident saying this, there will be running backs in the third that could contribute. Someone explain to me why a running back is going to be taken in the first????

Also-and I know I do not get to see the Texans play as much as many of you-but are you really sold on your wide receivers? I think Andre Johnson is a GREAT wide receiver. But it seems to me there are a bunch on good #3's on the roster. When Johnson went down, the offense was not the same. Why not bring someone in, or trade down a few spots and get a wideout. I am the only one seeing this, so maybe I am crazy. But if I was coaching against the Texans, I would gameplan agaisnt Johnson. No one else scares me on that offense.

Someone explain to me...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-09-2008 at 11:07 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, Andre Davis seems like our 2nd option at wideout and we still have Jacoby Jones who could eventually take over the slot role.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess I am crazy, cause I would like to see a player that can stretch the field. No one on the roster scares me at all, except Johnson.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've got good speed at WR, we just need for Jacoby and Davis to work on their routes. Andre Davis is a good deep threat, but needs to offer more in the short to intermediate receiving game.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now with Steve McNair retiring maybe we will have a chance to get a second round for Sage... If Ryan is there im sure they take him, but there is a chance Carolina trades up and takes him or maybe one of the teams before the Ravens steps up and takes him.. Even if the Ravens do get Ryan im sure they wont want to start him right away. Sage would make a good bridge QB for them.

I love seeing this new mock with Rivers falling to us...
Old 04-18-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I highly doubt Baltimore is going to trade a 2nd Round pick for Sage. The Ravens are probably more confident in Troy Smith, then the Vikings are with Tavaris Jackson and they're only willing to give up a 3rd.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

as much as i like troy smith while at columbus... he is not a starting nfl qb...
Old 04-20-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

how can you say that? Troy Smith is the greatest QB to ever walk onto a football field. He's a lock to be next year's MVP. :D

Old 04-20-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely LOVE Jacoby Jones, he looks so explosive out there and looks like he could become a threat, when he was bumped into the starting role before he was hurt he looked great, this was his first start of the year that is...He has good hands, great in open space, I think he could develop into a very nice #2 WR, he is still raw of course but I think he has alot of potential left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would Texans fans feel about trading #18 to the Falcons for #34 and ^8 and a future 4th? Would the extra picks be nice or are yall set on having that first rounder?
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
How would Texans fans feel about trading #18 to the Falcons for #34 and ^8 and a future 4th? Would the extra picks be nice or are yall set on having that first rounder?
If it were for two second round picks this year, I would be all for it. The Texans need to trade down, we don't have many picks, and only one pick on day one.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Agreed. We don't have one MUST need. All the positions that we need to address (CB, OT, RB) are all deep classes and we can find quality players in the 2nd.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if thats the case, then assuming the dolphins take Jake Long, Whoever the Falcons get either Dorsey or Long, They must trade back up to secure one of the four OT prospects and seeing that you guys dont have many picks looked to be like a good fit.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Agreed. We don't have one MUST need. All the positions that we need to address (CB, OT, RB) are all deep classes and we can find quality players in the 2nd.
And don't forget safety, the second round is right where the value matches up with this years safety prospects.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I am so excited about our offensive line this year. This is the first season ever that the O line is not a question point. Brown will be great in the Alex Gibbs system and getting Charles Spencer back playing guard is huge. And the fact that we actually have depth on the O line is really nice. I think we will have a top ten line this year.

I dont think we will get much out of Green. I think our top two runners will be Brown and Taylor. Green will get hurt at some point before the season starts. Brown and Taylor are more cut out for one cut and go style.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I am so excited about our offensive line this year. This is the first season ever that the O line is not a question point. Brown will be great in the Alex Gibbs system and getting Charles Spencer back playing guard is huge. And the fact that we actually have depth on the O line is really nice. I think we will have a top ten line this year.

I dont think we will get much out of Green. I think our top two runners will be Brown and Taylor. Green will get hurt at some point before the season starts. Brown and Taylor are more cut out for one cut and go style.
Don't get too excited, our line is getting better, but it still needs some work, if Duane Brown is plays like Orlando Pace I'll put us in the top 10, but if not probably in the top 20.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Don't get too excited, our line is getting better, but it still needs some work, if Duane Brown is plays like Orlando Pace I'll put us in the top 10, but if not probably in the top 20.
Orlando Pace?? Well at least your not expecting much, he's only the best O lineman in the past 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Quote:
Texans RB Chris Taylor wasn't included in head coach Gary Kubiak's recent assessment of the team's running back situation.
Kubiak riffed on Ahman Green, Chris Brown, and Steve Slaton before saying "we’ve got three different kind of backs but, at the same time, three very exciting backs." Taylor has been a favorite of the Houston media, but any chance for a significant impact has clearly been overstated.
Per RotoWorld

We sure do have a crowded backfield, but hopefully Chris Taylor can get some reps in.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Orlando Pace?? Well at least your not expecting much, he's only the best O lineman in the past 20 years.
There are two things wrong with what you posted. I clearly don't expect Duane Brown to play like Orlando Pace I am stating that only under the circumstance that Brown is amazing right off the bat would I consider our O-line to be in the top 10.

For the second thing Orlando Pace is not the best O lineman in the past 20 years. I will take Anthony Munoz over him any day of the week.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I am excited about Steve Slayton. I am probably asking too much of him, but here is my theory.

He can make things happen, in the right setting. I am not expecting him to be LT, but he has some upside. I am somewhat concerned on his running in a zone blocking scheme, but he was a decent value pick for where he was drafted.

I would think you may need to design specific plays to utilize him properly, but it could work...

Old 06-08-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont think we are going to see much of Slayton on running downs. He will be used more as a reciever out of the backfield on third downs, he has good hands and he can block. It will be nice having someone other than Andre Johnson who can turn a short pass into a huge gain or a touchdown.

Even if Green gets hurt, which he will, i think we will see more of Taylor and Brown on running downs. At least for now...
Old 06-09-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Quote:
Texans Release QB Quinn Gray and T Jordan Black
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4365
Okay...well I'm dissappointed that we released Quinn Gray! We opted for Alex Brink, but I think that expierence is much more important, but I have confidence that the FO made the right choice and think that Alex Brink is going to a reliable.