Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Yung Flippa;1099239][url]well I'm dissappointed that we released Quinn Gray! We opted for Alex Brink, QUOTE]

The only reason Gray was signed was b/c they were planning to trade Sage, but the Texans thought Sage would fetch more than a 3rd, so when that fell through there was no reason to keep Gray around. Now he can go somewhere else and be a number 2 like he is supposed to be.
jjmt2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
My forum mock for the Houston Texans

18 Rashard Mendenhall, RB - Illinois
79 Antwaun Molden, CB Eastern Kentucky
111 Xavier Adibi, LB Virginia Tech
117 Craig Steltz, SS - LSU

I took a sleeper in Molden in the third round. I think Mendenhall is to good to pass up at 18. I think he is great value there. All the top CBs and OL were gone before me. I was kind of hoping Albert fell. I didn't address LT but I mean was anybody I drafted after 18 going to be better than Spencer or even Fyre? I think Steltz is an underrated guy and could maybe make an impact soon. Adibi was around in the mid fourth so I grabbed him.
Wow, that was rediculously close to being all the picks that the Texans made. They could have chose Mendenhall and that would have made your mock even closer.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been a lot of talk of how hard our first 5 games are going to be for us... I dont think its going to be that bad
Week 1. Pit- We can beat pit, they are no where as good as they were when Cowher was the coach.
Week 2. Balt- I don't worry about teams that dont have a QB, easy win.
Week 3. Tenn- I still dont believe in Vince or there offense, D is tough but i think they lost to much. Good job on the DUI freak, this team cant judge character.
Week 4. Jax- I think we split with them again this year.
Week 5. Ind- I think we split with them too.

And after that we play a lot of very beatable teams this year: Mia, Det, Cin, GB, Oak, Chi.

The Texans are not getting enough credit. We were 8-8 in the best division in the league and that was with a ton of injuries to our star players. This is going to be a great year, I can't wait....
Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Andre Johnson in all my teams so far. Lets hope for an injury free season for him and Schaub.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I have Andre Johnson in all my teams so far. Lets hope for an injury free season for him and Schaub.
I picked up a team with him and had to trade him, it was a dynasty league and I was just too worried about his knee not holding up...Granted he is one of the best WR's in the league and plays like it, I just get worried about having a guy and he ends up in and out of the lineup, I believe I traded him for Roddy White and a 1st rd pick.

With that being said do you guys know a good place to read on Texans off season news or OTA's, anything like that? I have Jacoby Jones pegged as a sleeper in almost all my leagues and I've been scooping him up, wanted to see how he has been looking, is he supposed to start at slot this year or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Jacoby will be starting at the slot. I think that the it will be between him and Kevin Walter, assuming that Andre Davis starts at the #2 spot.
OR it could be that Kevin Walter is starting and Andre Davis goes against Jacoby for the Slot.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

When you look around the league and see all these troubled or ultra ego receivers, it is so nice to have a reciever like Andre Johnson. When healthy i really believe he is one of the top 3 receivers in the league. When ever he opens his mouth nothing stupid ever comes out, he never complains or gets in trouble(which says a lot for him since he is from the U).

I really appreciate having a receiver who doesnt have to tell you how great he is, he just goes out and proves it.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:40 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea. that is really rare.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to know if I'm crazy or do the Houton Texans have a real chance at the playoffs this season. I've been looking at the moves this team has made since the hireing of Gary Kubiak as the HC and the team has gotten better and better. 5 Starters yeilded from 2006 draft which is great based on the 3 year rule. They have a very good QB. If they can stay reletivly healthy this year I could see playoffs this year.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In any other division, they would surely be a playoff contender, in the AFC South though it's going to be very tough to make it into the playoffs. If Tennessee has a bad year, then we have a very good shot.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

We could have a chance to win division in most of the NFC divisions except the east of course. The only way we can make the playoffs is if we can first stay heathly and second alex gibbs system has to really work, we will need to run and block.

I would be very suprised if Tennessee goes again....
Old 07-30-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
When you look around the league and see all these troubled or ultra ego receivers, it is so nice to have a reciever like Andre Johnson. When healthy i really believe he is one of the top 3 receivers in the league. When ever he opens his mouth nothing stupid ever comes out, he never complains or gets in trouble(which says a lot for him since he is from the U).

I really appreciate having a receiver who doesnt have to tell you how great he is, he just goes out and proves it.
Eric Winston is from the U and hes awesome :) even if he is a modern day caveman

Last edited by Clayton89 : 07-30-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: whoops
Clayton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

john lynch left the broncos to either retire or join another team... with the texans ties to denver what would be the possiblilty of him coming to houston??? Even at his age i think he would be an upgrade to our safety position. The highest round we have drafted a safety is the 4th(glenn earl) and that hasn't worked out to well. We have spent so many late round picks on safeties(seems like every year our 6th round pick is used for a safety), that is no way to upgrade the position. By signing lynch that would get us through the year so we can spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a safety next draft. with lynch and demps out there any reciever coming over the middle would get punished. i believe its worth taking a look...
Old 07-31-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch at this point in his career coverage wise isn't better than anything we have, run support is debatable. It would cost a lot more than its worth to bring him in. A high draft pick is the solution for our safety needs.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Quote:
john lynch left the broncos to either retire or join another team... with the texans ties to denver what would be the possiblilty of him coming to houston??? Even at his age i think he would be an upgrade to our safety position. The highest round we have drafted a safety is the 4th(glenn earl) and that hasn't worked out to well. We have spent so many late round picks on safeties(seems like every year our 6th round pick is used for a safety), that is no way to upgrade the position. By signing lynch that would get us through the year so we can spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a safety next draft. with lynch and demps out there any reciever coming over the middle would get punished. i believe its worth taking a look...
barber has supposedly looked good in ota's and lynch looked really bad in coverage last year for denver and while i have confidence in bennet and molden for the first half of the season the last thing we need is a liability in pass coverage behind our corners.

Last edited by Clayton89 : 07-31-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: durp
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton89 View Post
barber has supposedly looked good in ota's and lynch looked really bad in coverage last year for denver and while i have confidence in bennet and molden for the first half of the season the last thing we need is a liability in pass coverage behind our corners.
barber will not start. looking good in ota's is nice to hear but we will see how he looks at pit. im very excited about molden but rookie corners get burned more than not. i really believe reeves is going to be better than most people think, we run a more physical cover scheme than dallas does which according to him fits his game a lot better. lets just hope the front guys can keep enough pressure on the qb.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Quote:
barber will not start. looking good in ota's is nice to hear but we will see how he looks at pit. im very excited about molden but rookie corners get burned more than not. i really believe reeves is going to be better than most people think, we run a more physical cover scheme than dallas does which according to him fits his game a lot better. lets just hope the front guys can keep enough pressure on the qb.
i love rick smith but honestly i think reeves was really a bad move especially since they went ahead and drafted molden. I mean what happens when duante comes back do you really expect reeves to play ahead of robinson, bennett, and molden. and if he doesnt he makes a hell of alot of money for a dime cornerback. i think barber could start, glenn earl even when healthy isnt very good, demps is still living of his reputation from when he was with the ravens and honestly might be the most frustrating player on the team as i saw him drop numerous interceptions last year. and then u get players like c.c brown, jason simmons, and nick ferguson, that have experience but leave something to be desired.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Jacques Reeves is a piece of **** and a waste of money. The man can't cover a ham sandwich and has no idea what he is doing on the football field.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

REALLY Ahman.... the first play of preseason... are you serious...

Slaton looked really good. He needs to learn how to pick up a blitz so he can start being a every down back. Green is a waste of time, he will not stay healthy for 16 games, he cant even stay healthy for one play. I cant wait to see Chris Brown get hurt on his first play next week.

I would like to see Walker start next game, and share early time with Slaton to see how they look against better defensive players... I hope we dont have to watch to much of Taylor again next week.

Really good start for Duane Brown....
Old 08-16-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Angry

Quote:
REALLY Ahman.... the first play of preseason... are you serious...

Slaton looked really good. He needs to learn how to pick up a blitz so he can start being a every down back. Green is a waste of time, he will not stay healthy for 16 games, he cant even stay healthy for one play. I cant wait to see Chris Brown get hurt on his first play next week.

I would like to see Walker start next game, and share early time with Slaton to see how they look against better defensive players... I hope we dont have to watch to much of Taylor again next week.

Really good start for Duane Brown....
ya im already counting down the days till next draft when we might actually draft a runningback like say i dont know rashard mendenhall(i like duane brown, but u cant pass on a franchise back when ur starter is a washed up 30 yr old just collecting a check). i like slaton but he wont be able to withstand the punishment with his body and if i were rosenfels i would make chris taylor buy me a car for missing that block lol.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I know I said awhile ago that i thought that Reeves would do good in our system..... Well it looks like i was very wrong.... He looks like Faggins part 2. I wonder how much of a cap penalty it would cost us to cut him, maybe we can trade him for a case of gatoraid. To bad instead of wasting all that money we didn't use a 2nd round pick and pick up Lito.

Slaton will be fine... In Alex Gibbs system you dont need a first round back. He looked really good. The best play he made was the blitz pick up on the deep pass to Anderson play. I hope Kubs plays him earlier in the next game. Its time to give up on Taylor.

Anderson looks good, i think he is going to take Jacoby's roster spot.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There's no way, Anderson takes Jacoby's roster spot. He might take someone else's spot, but not Jacoby and his load of potential.

It's pretty clear that Jacques Reeves can't cover, can't tackle or play football. So, why in the world is he on the field? Oh, wait, because the FO was "smart enough" to give him about $20 million more then he's worth.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacques Reeves showed again last night why he's a waste of money and why NFL scouts and analysts made fun of the Texans for signing him.

As for Anderson, he'll make it as the 4th or 5th WR. Johnson, Walter, Davis, Anderson, Jones. Jones will still be on the roster, but I think Anderson will start off with more looks at WR. He's a scrappy slot guy who can get us 3rd down conversions. Jacoby can be a great receiver and a downfield threat but that will take a while if he gets his head straight.

It's good to see Slaton succeed. From his WVU days, it was clear he had some game changing ability, and now we can see a little transcend to the pro level. Hopefully he keeps it up cause I don't want Green and Brown getting the majority of carries.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
There's no way, Anderson takes Jacoby's roster spot. He might take someone else's spot, but not Jacoby and his load of potential.

It's pretty clear that Jacques Reeves can't cover, can't tackle or play football. So, why in the world is he on the field? Oh, wait, because the FO was "smart enough" to give him about $20 million more then he's worth.
If Jacoby cant hold onto the ball after he catches it, he is not going to have the trust of the qbs. It is clear who Sage trusts more. I dont think either have been on the field with Matt yet this preseason so its hard to say with him. We were one of the worst teams in turnover ratio last year. So why would we want Jacoby handling the ball. He got really lucky last night that the D bailed him out on the fumbled punt. Jacoby maybe faster and taller but Anderson has better hands, runs better routes, and plays with a lot more passion and heart, and at this point in time he is the better wr.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Jacoby's potential will buy him another year so no worries there. but even at the end of last year when Jacoby came back Anderson still saw more reps than he did at receiver so im pretty certain Anderson is our #4 going into the year well 5 as i count Daniels as our 3rd biggest receiving threat. As nice as it would be for Slaton to become the legitimate back we have been lacking since what Domanick Davis(ya how sad is that) i wanna see him do it against starting defenses. Oh and as terrible as Jaques Reeves is at least hes not Jason David. i heard a rumor were trading Reeves to the jets for Favre's pickup truck just a rumor though.

oh and Flippa im glad i wont the only one conflicted on week 2 when Troy Smith rolls into to town on the unstoppable freight train known as Baltimore's offense ha

Last edited by Clayton89 : 08-21-2008 at 03:15 AM.