Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only is Anderson completely out-performing Jacoby, but Kubiak also loves Harry Williams, calling him "the ultimate bright spot on special teams."

Jacoby needs to step it up. I in no way want to see him cut, but he really needs to pick up his play.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:38 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Not only is Anderson completely out-performing Jacoby, but Kubiak also loves Harry Williams, calling him "the ultimate bright spot on special teams."

Jacoby needs to step it up. I in no way want to see him cut, but he really needs to pick up his play.
ya I saw that on rotoworld but I cant fathom Kubs cutting him as there is just too much potential there to give up on for a special teams gunner
Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton89 View Post
ya I saw that on rotoworld but I cant fathom Kubs cutting him as there is just too much potential there to give up on for a special teams gunner
I am so tired of hearing about his potential.... I want to see him produce something more than a fumble. I dont see him or his potential edgeing out Walter or even Davis any time soon. He looked great last preseason returning punts. Now he is trying to do way to much. Get what you can and hold onto the ball.

I wonder how long untill we cut Jameel Cook. I bet anything he ends up on the Bengals.

I hope to hell Reeves isnt lined up across from TO. Which im sure he will be and TO will probably embarass him more than Bush did last week. Its going to be nice to Johnson get in there and play and also to see what Slaton will do with the first team.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

like i said eventually the FO will get tired of his potential to but it wont be this year. And ya im hoping reeves is glued to crayton tommorow cause if he ends up on T.O. its gonna get ugly. oh btw nice sig josh
Old 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm predicting that Reeves will get beaten repeatedly by Crayton. I am honestly more comfortable with Demarcus Faggins starting than Reeves. That other CB spot across from Fred Bennett is gonna be key for our defense this year. That and SLB I'm gonna have my eye on.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully in the next two preseason games Molden or Fletcher can prove to be a starter untill Daunte returns. Reeves got stiff armed to the ground and hurdled for a touchdown in the same game. How embarassing was that for Reeves and for Rick Smith. Smith has done a pretty good job drafting, but a really bad job of signing and over paying free agents.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'm predicting that Reeves will get beaten repeatedly by Crayton. I am honestly more comfortable with Demarcus Faggins starting than Reeves. That other CB spot across from Fred Bennett is gonna be key for our defense this year. That and SLB I'm gonna have my eye on.
Hopefully Antwaun Molden can pull a Fred Bennett and progress fast and take that other corner spot before Dunta comes back. I'd like to see Chaun Thompson win the SLB job but I think Zach Diles has a hold on it so far.

As for Jacoby, I don't see a chance of him being cut. He's got too much potential.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

as awful as reeves is and will always be Fred Bennett had a pretty awful game as well. Ill give him a pass cause it was T.O. most of the time but still thats the type of receivers hes going to be covering at least until daunte can come back. And ill admit slaton just looks so much better than any other back weve thrown out there that it would be hard for me to imagine him not starting sometime by years end.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

We really need to do something about the backfield, the backfield is going to cause us a playoff birth. Give the eagles a 2nd round pick for Lito. Whos to say that Daunte can still proform up to his level after that injury. Where has Colvin been, another waste of money.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a pass rush. Badly. I want Brian Orakpo next year. That would be awesome.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

On pro football weekly they said Ahman Green could be released if he does not prove to be healthy by week 1. With the way Slaton, Taylor and Walker have been playing it wouldnt surprise me that much if he does get cut. I don't think there is any way Chris Brown is on the roster come week one.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random question how has Frank Okam been looking?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
We really need to do something about the backfield, the backfield is going to cause us a playoff birth. Give the eagles a 2nd round pick for Lito. Whos to say that Daunte can still proform up to his level after that injury. Where has Colvin been, another waste of money.
I would be all for us getting Lito Sheppard. He is a playmaker and is one of the best corners in the league when he's healthy. A 2nd rounder might not be enough to pull Lito though, the Eagles seem content to keep him unless they get an outrageous offer. I think we will see some good things from Colvin, we just need to give him time. He could be a very good situational pass rusher for us.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

No big suprises with the 21 cuts today. They still have one more cut to go and im pretty sure that is being held for Chris Brown, and if they do cut him i would think they would have to pick up a rb off the waiver wire since they cut Walker, No way we can go into the season with 3 rbs and one of them being Green.

I am a little suprised that we arent going into the season with 3 qbs, given the health issues of Schaub. I think that Boyd would of made the team if it wasnt for his poor showing last night. Hopefully they can get him to sign on the practice squad.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Maddox was a slight surprise. I thought hes played very solid for us.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

John Clayton is reporting that Houston maybe where Rudi Johnson ends up.... That would be the worst mistake ever. We already have a older injury prone RB. If Rudi was 100% healthy i would be all for bringing him in, but he has been limited by his hamstring. But knowing Rick Smith, we will probably sign him for 20 million for 3 years.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Theres no rumors of it other than him saying its possible. Its just him, being the genius that he is, looking at teams who might need a RB, and seeing us put Brown on the IR, and thinking "Hey! Heres something I can throw out there."

Rotoworld;

Quote:
The Houston Chronicle does not expect the Texans to take a look at free agent Rudi Johnson.

Johnson has never ran behind zone blocks and the Texans probably couldn't take another injury problem at running back. If Rudi does get picked up -- which is certainly no guarantee -- it's unlikely to happen before Week 1.
In other news;

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5976473.html

Quote:
In their first round of moves Sunday, the Texans signed defensive end Stanley McClover of Auburn. They were also able to add running back Darius Walker to their practice squad.

McClover, a seventh-round pick in 2006, was released by the Carolina Panthers in the final round of cuts after having an unimpressive preseason. He played in 11 games last season and finished with eight tackles. He appeared in just two games as a rookie.

In the preseason, the 6-foot-2, 263 pound end had five tackles in three appearances. To make room for him on the roster, the Texans released offensive tackle Cliff Washburn.

The Texans fielded their entire practice squad with players they had released Friday. Walker was signed to the practice squad, along with linebacker Kevis Coley, wide receiver Darnell Jenkins, defensive tackle Gabe Long, defensive end Jesse Nading, cornerback Derrick Roberson and wide receiver Mark Simmons.
And bad news for Chris Brown;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Quote:
The Houston Texans placed running back Chris Brown on injured reserve Saturday, continuing a string of recent disappointments at the position.

Brown has a herniated disc in his back and it is considered to be a career-threatening injury, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.

Last edited by comahan : 09-01-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be interesting when Slaton and Taylor get their shot. Most analysts are not buying Slaton as a #1 back. More of a grand 3rd down back. That being said, he could surprise, looking at RBs like Westbrook, etc, that can do it all. Especially in a ZBS, he could work. Toss in Taylor, who is a bit more hard nosed, could compliment him well.

It may turn out to be a successful running duo that at least takes pressure off of the passing game.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

John Clayton loses. Rudi to Detroit.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Taylor doesn't have the vision, I don't think.

But Steve Slaton is going to be a poor man's Clinton Portis in Houston imo. He was a great pick for the Texans in the third round, people were more down on him than they should have been and he landed in a great spot for him.

That said, Slaton suffering frm turf toe opens the door for one more year of Ahman Green. I think Green has a very good chance of bouncing back this season if he can stay healthy. Restructing his contract to pay him a bonus for every game played could be a helpful motivating factor.

Last edited by Geo : 09-01-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
John Clayton loses. Rudi to Detroit.
Now that the Lions signed Rudi and cut Bell, i wonder how long untill Bell is in Houston for a visit.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Chris Taylor doesn't have the vision, I don't think.

But Steve Slaton is going to be a poor man's Clinton Portis in Houston imo. He was a great pick for the Texans in the third round, people were more down on him than they should have been and he landed in a great spot for him.

That said, Slaton suffering frm turf toe opens the door for one more year of Ahman Green. I think Green has a very good chance of bouncing back this season if he can stay healthy. Restructing his contract to pay him a bonus for every game played could be a helpful motivating factor.
Well, Green is the starter anyway. Nothing Slaton does will change that at this point.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We signed Eugene Wilson.
Quote:
Texans signed DB Eugene Wilson to a one-year contract, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
Wilson gives Houston an upgrade over inexperienced Brandon Harrison as a backup at free safety behind Will Demps, but isn't a threat to Demps' job.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I have never been so embarrassed to be a Texans fan.... Mario is the only one trying out there. Pathetic!!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want David Carr back!