Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-28-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone needs to smack Kubs in the back of the head. How do you not call a timeout when its 4th down you have your punt return team on the field and they have there offense. I cant believe no one called a time out.

On the other hand, this game does give us some hope. We wanted Sage and Kubs stuck with Schaub and it turned out to be the right decision. Now we just need to get the defense going. We have to be one of the worse teams in the league in tackling. When Jax had that drive were Garrard kept running the ball, why wasnt a line backer assigned to spy the QB.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need. Pass rush. Badly.

uhhhg.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Need. Pass rush. Badly.

uhhhg.
Maeio can't handle the task alone? I thought he was Super Mario.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

the defense is just terrible. they cant seem to make any big plays and cant tackle worth a damn. glad to see the offense show up and it gives me hope that the season isnt lost, but demeco and mario need to start jumping down people's throats and get their teammates fired up.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

oh and i was one of the slaton doubters but hes won me over i think we finnally found the impact back weve been looking for.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Maeio can't handle the task alone? I thought he was Super Mario.
Maeio??? i dont know a Maeio...
Old 09-28-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500
The only reason the Titans made the playoffs last year is because the Colts didnt play any of there starters in that last game. So i don't want to hear that. Clayton is right Mcnair made everyone around him better b/c he is a strong leader, and probably the toughest qb of all time, if he could move his arm he was going to play. Vince is a cry baby ***** that no one on that team respects.

On your supporting cast you left off Crumpler and chris johnson. Two pretty good weapons.
Actually, we made the playoffs because we played the resting Colts and 'cause the Browns laid an egg against the Bengals, but lets not get into that. ;)

Fact is that the team won 10 games, when most thought 7 wins would be an achievement. The fact that we played a SB contender who wanted to rest it's players should have no bearing when gauging last year's success. Those 10 wins came fair and square.

Vince may have his lapses of maturity, but the media falsely reported nearly everything during the whole controversy earlier this season. He didn't refuse to take the field in the Jags game. He refused to take the field when it was a TV timeout so he could get his thoughts together after struggling the few previous plays. The team and family involved police when Vince left his house without his cell phone, and was found at a friend's house watching MNF. As for the unloaded gun in his car, it was registered and in the glovebox. And as far as his benching, it was needed as VY was never afforded the luxury of sitting on the bench and learning the game due to being on a winless team led by Kerry Collins. Be sure to get your facts straight before you start stating how the Titans think of Vince Young.

On my supporting cast were players from last season who've been able to play significant time with Young. Young has played with Crumpler and Johnson for a whole 3-quarters, and had the Titans with the lead that ended up being the final score. Besides, Scaife has been more successful than Crumpler and Eddie George is better than both Johnson and LenDale combined.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young is no cry baby and he is respected. His greatest contribution was the swagger and leadership he brought to Texas. Without it, I don't think they could have gone as far as they did. The media has blown that situation out of proportion. Vince will be starting again by the end of the year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And he will still be terrible, and be carried by his team.

Look, Im a Texas fan. I love Vince Young. He was one of the best college players ever. But he sucks in the NFL.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
And he will still be terrible, and be carried by his team.

Look, Im a Texas fan. I love Vince Young. He was one of the best college players ever. But he sucks in the NFL.
He still has the IT factor that no Texans QB has ever had. I was there when he had the 39 yard TD run in OT. People always said it would take him 2+ years before he can start. His benching should be good for him. He needs time to watch and develop his game in practice. I still think he can be a starter.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
He still has the IT factor that no Texans QB has ever had. I was there when he had the 39 yard TD run in OT. People always said it would take him 2+ years before he can start. His benching should be good for him. He needs time to watch and develop his game in practice. I still think he can be a starter.
What it factor??? His it factor landed his ass on the bench, or actually up in the coach's booth. I would take Schaub and Sage over him anyday. When was the last time a scrambling QB won the superbowl?????
Old 10-01-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
What it factor??? His it factor landed his ass on the bench, or actually up in the coach's booth. I would take Schaub and Sage over him anyday. When was the last time a scrambling QB won the superbowl?????
the it factor is the ability to lose your shirt when **** faced drunk

michael huff has IT to
Old 10-01-2008, 03:50 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will draft Chase Holbrook and finally have a franchise QB. :)
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
We will draft Chase Holbrook and finally have a franchise QB. :)
QB is not the problem...
Old 10-02-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
QB is not the problem...
True, everything has been a problem thus far. OL didnt too bad last game but its hard to get too much offense going when defenses know to double team AJ and then no one else steps up. I was mentioning drafting Holbrook since I have seen a lot of his games over the last 3 years and he is a great talent.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week our team did better, but nowhere near what they should have done. That game was ours, I'm so pissed at Kubiak right now. He always talks about how we get away from the running game too soon. and then he does it again and again. 18 carries total, only 10 for Slaton. You stick with the running game to wear down the defense and then break the big runs. Don't get me wrong, I love that Slaton had a good receiving game, but c'mon man, quit giving up on the run so fast, Slaton had a couple of good runs, give it to him a few more times and I'm sure our running game would have picked up.

Amobe Okoye says he's upset he doesn't have a sack or a win. The win is a team thing, but the sack department, c'mon Amobe you gotta show up, players take the biggest jump from rookie to second yr. Don't take that jump backwards amobe.

A.J. I dunno why we don't gameplan better to get him the ball. Would it kill us to give him a slant or if he has cushion a quick side throw. He's our best player on offense and he's underutilized. C'mon Kubs do something about it!

Demeco Ryans put it blankly when asked during his show about why they don't blitz. "We don't have the personnel." Ouch man, ouch. Mr. Smith what response would he give to that. Well, that linebacker and d-lineman we could have picked up these last two yrs. are unfortunately sitting under center and underperforming.

Speaking of Schaub, you know who he reminds me of? Our previous #8 under Kubiak, in Kubiaks first yr. Carr's first 2 games were extremely promising then he started to fall off. In Schaubs 1st 2 starts he looked promising then he also started to fall off, get hurt, fall off and finally had a decent game.

We got a QB with an it factor, he's just sitting on the bench. I swear in pre-season Sage ran in for a TD that sealed it for me. If he hadn't been a football player and hurt his hand trying to make a play on special teams our situation would be vastly different.

Garrard tore us up on back to back to back conversions. You would think that after that second one we would designate a spy on him, to bad we didn't.

Diles is okay, but we should give Bentley a shot, Diles missed to many plays and the few plays Bentley was in for Demeco he showed he could tackle. Alls I'm saying is give Bentley a shot.

Another thing, why the hell was Bennet on the sideline so much. He's the best suited CB we got to cover Matt Jones. Why why why.

Lastly, why oh why the hell didn't anybody call a TO on the Jags first TD?! These things are killing me.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

The coaching has to get better. Dumb call after dumb call. Im not calling for Kub's job or anything but he really needs to pick it up. This was supposed to be the year we make our big move and we are being held back by play calling. I know the season is not lost and we can still be a playoff team but it needs to start this sunday, a win over the Colts would be a huge boost. The Colts run d is not good, let Slaton go crazy.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so sorry!
We had no business winning that game.
You guys played very well! Beside Rosenfelds doing some stupid stuff.
Good news for you guys is you have 3 games against opponents records 1-9 at home.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I'm so sorry!
We had no business winning that game.
You guys played very well! Beside Rosenfelds doing some stupid stuff.
Good news for you guys is you have 3 games against opponents records 1-9 at home.
Wow, I am still in shock. Sage single handedly blew it. Good all around game by the team. As a QB, you never do what he did unless you are Michael Vick and the one rule they teach you in high school is to never have one hand on the ball when you are scrambling like that. The one good thing about this loss is I will never have to put up with the Sage lovers anymore. I feel sorry for him though. He lost it by himself.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys playing a lot better or are we just garbage?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont know, its tough to say. The first two games of ours were horrible in every sense of the word. Now the last two heartbrakers happen and in those games we actually looked good. Manning did make a couple of bad throws that looked like they could have been touchdowns. The one Jacques (I dont know how to play CB) Reeves knocked down looked like it should have been 6 points. The run offense wasnt pretty for you guys though but that was probably since you have a few injuries on the line and are starting rookies. One bright spot for us was Dwayne Brown actually did a good a job vs Freeney. I am still in shock about what happened. When I saw Sage jump I was like "OH SH*T." The one good part is I have to think about Vontae Leach vs. Marlon Jackson. That wasnt even fair. Jackson was outweighed by like 100 pounds.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, Sage killed me that was awful. He played a good game, but it will be overshadowed by that meltdown in the 4th quarter. What really sucks is how wide open the division is this year for the most part; if we could just get it together we could make a playoff run. The defense wasn't too bad today, but once Dunta gets back there will be a huge improvement.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
God, Sage killed me that was awful. He played a good game, but it will be overshadowed by that meltdown in the 4th quarter. What really sucks is how wide open the division is this year for the most part; if we could just get it together we could make a playoff run. The defense wasn't too bad today, but once Dunta gets back there will be a huge improvement.
Its too hard to get a read on this team. The first two games they were horrible and now the last two games they played really well but didnt have a good outcome. I hate how on the Chronicle that the Sage lovers are blaming it on Kubiak for making him do a pass play to begin with. People are like in love with this guy. When Schaub gets one incomplete pass they want him traded but Sage can have 3 turnovers (should have been 4 when he reached out for the goaline like that) and they still stand up for him.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
First game of the year against Pitt was an unmitigated disaster. 2nd game (week 3) vs Tenn was bad. Third game against Jacksonville was a heart breaker where we finally had our offense show up just to watch our D fold like a cheap suit. Everything worked this game for 55 minutes and we are now 0-4.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I have never felt so sick after a game before. The one person who is probably happy with the way the game ended is Schaub, it looked like he lost his job until the 4th quarter.

I can't stand it when you are agressive all game long on offense and then you get a lead and start playing not to lose. You cant let up on a team like Indy, especially with our backfield. I really believe if we would of kept the pressure on we would of had a win.

Im not sure which QB you go with next week. Sage looked great early on, but its the same thing as last year, he plays great but he turns the ball over. I do like how he made sure Dre got the ball.

If i could ask kubs one question after the game it would of been, why in the hell was Green in at the end of the game running out the clock instead of Slaton, who had another great game.

Mario is a beast. He should have a lot more sacks than he does. He is in the backfield all game long.