Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is alot to be said about this game. I have very few complaints about the play calling. I didn't like the conservative role we took on our last posessions, but overall I can't point to plays and call them stupid.

All this negativity about how Sage gave away the game. How bout we give the Colts D some recognition. They flew to the ball and put a helmet on that ball. Had that hit come a second later or sooner the results would have been different. Few are the cases where a helmet is put on the ball and the ball carrier retains posession. Also the argument about how he should have dived is stupid. Countless players leave their feet every week. Elways famous chopper into the endzone comes to mind. Question the decision all you want, but it shows heart and there's no way anybody can anticipate a helmet on the ball. If you say playing it safe should have been what we did, I say playing it safe is what got us into that situation in the first place. Also as Brackett raced towards the endzone Brown pulled instead of pushed Brackett. Then even then you gotta respect Brackett for staying inbounds the whole way.

The possession right after that, the call I question is the 2nd down. I don't know if it was Sages progression or how the play was called, but the secondary bit and A.J. was open behind everybody. This call I don't know wether to put on the coaching or on Sage, but for the benefit of the doubt, I'm gonna put it on Sage. The second fumble Sage was behind the LOS and looking downfield. At that point that's what he's supposed to do, buy his receivers time. It didn't look like he was planning to run, again you gotta give the Colts D props for making that play happen. If Mario did that to an opposing QB I would like to think Mario won us that game and not that their QB lost it.

The last play we had I couldn't handle. What the hell was Sage looking at. There were no blue jersey's in the vicinity.

Blame Sage all you want, but when he was out there our offense ran alot smoother and even though we lost that game, you gotta question this. Would Matt have had us sitting pretty on a seventeen point lead? Matt rushes a lot of throws, locks onto receivers and lacks accuracy on some passes. He may have played well last game, but in the end he's still got just as many wins as his backup. The offense just looks better when Sage is out there.

BTW I liked the graphics they showed when Mario sacked Manning. I hope he keeps piling up them sacks. Our defense did really well, I can't wait till' D-Rob gets back.

Slaton , you gotta love the guy. For now we got a good 1-2 punch, please don't get hurt either of them.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the play calling at the end was questionable to say the least.

This team is way better than it's record. That is for sure.

I also wanted to say I have always liked Steve Slayton, and thought he was a great pick. However, I am curious. What is the one-two punch? I am assuming you mean Slayton and Johnson. Surely you dont mean Green.

If I were a Texan fan, which I am, I would be counting the days till I could get out of Green's rediculous contract. Slayton is good, but I would like to have another back.

You just can't count on Green to do anything but get hurt.

By the way-I am sooo glad Mario Williams is proving everyone wrong. That was a genius pick.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I thought the play calling at the end was questionable to say the least.

This team is way better than it's record. That is for sure.

I also wanted to say I have always liked Steve Slayton, and thought he was a great pick. However, I am curious. What is the one-two punch? I am assuming you mean Slayton and Johnson. Surely you dont mean Green.

If I were a Texan fan, which I am, I would be counting the days till I could get out of Green's rediculous contract. Slayton is good, but I would like to have another back.

You just can't count on Green to do anything but get hurt.

By the way-I am sooo glad Mario Williams is proving everyone wrong. That was a genius pick.
Yeah, I meant Green. Really Slaton is great so any other back would make a good 1-2 punch with Slaton. Yeah, I want another better back to complement Slaton, but for now I'm just glad Green re-structured his contract.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Yeah, I meant Green. Really Slaton is great so any other back would make a good 1-2 punch with Slaton. Yeah, I want another better back to complement Slaton, but for now I'm just glad Green re-structured his contract.
Im just surpised as hell that Green made it through the game without getting hurt....
Old 10-10-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last i heard anything about Daunte Robinson was that he could be back by week 6, but i havent heard anything in a while. Has anyone heard about how close he is to being back????
Old 10-11-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daunte will be able to play next week and the team will have 3 weeks to decide to put him on the roster or leave him on IR.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WE WON! I thought when we fumbled that interception we would once again find a way to lose and we almost did.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of days, what do you guys think of proclaiming Mario to be the best defensive end in the NFL? There is no one with his mixture of size, speed, and strength. He is the most physically imposing for sure, but what about production, is there anyone who plays the pass and the run as well as he does? And not to mention he does it with practically no pass rush on the other side coming from Weaver. If I could pick one DE in the NFL for my team it would be Mario Williams every time.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would also crown him the best 4-3 defensive end in the league. I cant think of anyone else I would take that would even be close.

That brings me to my question. Looking at the stats and watching the games, it seems to me that Houston is in DRASTIC need of another pass rusher. As it stands right now, this is far and away (IMO) the biggest need for this team. I know the draft is a long way away, but I am going on the record now...

I want ya'll to draft Orakpo out of Texas. I think this would change the defense big time. Orakpo can play left or right, and wouldn't have to move far.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

This weekend we face the 30th ranked offense who has their backup in and just traded their best receiver away and the last ranked defense. We's gotta win this game.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
This weekend we face the 30th ranked offense who has their backup in and just traded their best receiver away and the last ranked defense. We's gotta win this game.
That is what is so bad about losing to the Colts cause we have the Lions this week and then the bengals next week. We could of been 4-3. We are looking so much better and Robinson practiced so i still think there is a shot at the 2nd wild card. If we dont screw up.

Mario is the best in the NFL at DE. To bad they dont keep track of putting presure on the QB cause he is in the backfield all game long.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't gotten the chance to watch enough Texans games to analyze him myself, but how is Zach Diles progressing?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I haven't gotten the chance to watch enough Texans games to analyze him myself, but how is Zach Diles progressing?
Diles is one of the few bright spots on this defense. He is leading the team in tackles.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about that shot on Shuab? Apparently the Texans are pretty pissed.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcqjClE7cuk

I have to agree, they sure do have an argument.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Zach Diles broke his leg in practice yesterday... Damn. Kevin Bentley is now penciled in to start, but I really want to see what Adibi has got, so hopefully he will see the field.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I think its pretty safe to start talking about who is going to coach the team next year. I was so excited about Kubs, but when you watch the team this year, this is not a team that is well coached. Richard Smith needs to be the first to go, I would hope the new coach holds onto Kyle S. I would love to see Marty come to town.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

let me ask you Texans fans a question: how many CB's would you take over a Dunta Robinson? I'ma Jags fan and i'm trying to tell them that a healthy Dunta Robinson is absolutely on par with Rashean Mathis
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
let me ask you Texans fans a question: how many CB's would you take over a Dunta Robinson? I'ma Jags fan and i'm trying to tell them that a healthy Dunta Robinson is absolutely on par with Rashean Mathis
Aso and Bailey (when healthy) for sure and then guys like Trufant, Samuel, Ike Taylor, Revis, Cro, Finnegan, and Mathis are all on the same level as Robinson I think. Robinson seriously gets no love for how good hes been the last couple of years.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton89 View Post
Aso and Bailey (when healthy) for sure and then guys like Trufant, Samuel, Ike Taylor, Revis, Cro, Finnegan, and Mathis are all on the same level as Robinson I think. Robinson seriously gets no love for how good hes been the last couple of years.
the same thing that i'm saying. when Dunta is healthy, no too many people are head and shoulders better than the guy, he's a top 10 DB for sure but i got this delusional Jag fan that insist that Mathis is like head and shoulders better than him and it's not even close. Ohh my Jags fan, what am i going to do with them lol.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
the same thing that i'm saying. when Dunta is healthy, no too many people are head and shoulders better than the guy, he's a top 10 DB for sure but i got this delusional Jag fan that insist that Mathis is like head and shoulders better than him and it's not even close. Ohh my Jags fan, what am i going to do with them lol.
Agreed, there is a HUGE difference between us with Dunta and without him. Last year our defense was pretty respectable at the end of the season when everyone was clicking together.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

There are so many players I wouldnt mind the Texans drafting. I would love to see a CB combo of Dunta Robinson and Vontae Davis. William Moore is needed really badly as well. I havent really watched Michael Johnson play so I cant comment on him that much. Mario Williams and Orakpo would look great on opposite sides as well. Curry and DeMeco would work well also. Also, a WR combo of Michael Crabtree and Andre Johnson would be SICK!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
There are so many players I wouldnt mind the Texans drafting. I would love to see a CB combo of Dunta Robinson and Vontae Davis. William Moore is needed really badly as well. I havent really watched Michael Johnson play so I cant comment on him that much. Mario Williams and Orakpo would look great on opposite sides as well. Curry and DeMeco would work well also. Also, a WR combo of Michael Crabtree and Andre Johnson would be SICK!
Agreed, we are gonna have tons of great options. I think we should wait on CB since we just drafted Antwaun Molden in the 3rd round, he could be a damn good nickelback someday. When Dunta is 100% I'm pretty happy with him and Bennett starting. They are suffering from lack of a decent pass rush. For that we need another good DE across from Mario. This is a pretty deep draft as far as DE's go, so we could maybe wait til round 2 to address that. Although if we do take a DE in round one, I pray it's Orakpo. He's a freak athlete too and has actually produced and isn't as overhyped as Michael Johnson.

What I would like to see us do is draft a safety (William Moore) because that would help us out as far as reducing CB responsibility in certain situations, and he has the speed and instincts to be a great center fielder and we could just play our other safety in the box quite often.

I REALLY like Curry, but Diles was racking up tackles as our SLB this year. Although I didn't watch him as closely as I would have liked to analyze him, I think we have areas more in need of improvement.

Getting Crabtree would be cool too, but we could pick up a decent #2 later on. WR's haven't gotten much respect lately in the draft, so some good ones will surely be available in the second and third rounds.

So I'm for William Moore because that gives us a lot more flexibility on defense if we have a safety who can actually cover.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Agreed, we are gonna have tons of great options. I think we should wait on CB since we just drafted Antwaun Molden in the 3rd round, he could be a damn good nickelback someday. When Dunta is 100% I'm pretty happy with him and Bennett starting. They are suffering from lack of a decent pass rush. For that we need another good DE across from Mario. This is a pretty deep draft as far as DE's go, so we could maybe wait til round 2 to address that. Although if we do take a DE in round one, I pray it's Orakpo. He's a freak athlete too and has actually produced and isn't as overhyped as Michael Johnson.

What I would like to see us do is draft a safety (William Moore) because that would help us out as far as reducing CB responsibility in certain situations, and he has the speed and instincts to be a great center fielder and we could just play our other safety in the box quite often.

I REALLY like Curry, but Diles was racking up tackles as our SLB this year. Although I didn't watch him as closely as I would have liked to analyze him, I think we have areas more in need of improvement.

Getting Crabtree would be cool too, but we could pick up a decent #2 later on. WR's haven't gotten much respect lately in the draft, so some good ones will surely be available in the second and third rounds.

So I'm for William Moore because that gives us a lot more flexibility on defense if we have a safety who can actually cover.
I would love if we got William Moore. Our safeties are horrible and our DL has to get to the QB or there is a potential for a big gain since our CB's dont have any over the top help. I dont think there is a pick I wouldnt hate because we have so many holes that we could go the best available come draft day. I would like to see Moldin as well but I wouldnt mind if we got Vontae either. Even with Slaton, I could see us going for Chris Wells since Ahman hasnt produced and we dont have that big back to complement Steve.

What do you think on us possibly taking a chance on Tebow in the 2nd round if he comes out and lasts that long? Schaub has yet to prove that he can make it a whole season and Sage is plain bad. Tebow would be a project but Schaub still has time left on his contract to prove us wrong but he hasnt done much so far. At the least, Tebow could be his backup since Schaub will probably get hurt again. Maybe, I just love Tebow's leadership and we dont have someone like that on the team. After the Ole Miss loss he went out to the press conference with more passion for the game than anyone I have seen and he has definitely backed up his statement that everyone will see a new Tim Tebow. I dont think it would happen but it would be an interesting thought.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I would love if we got William Moore. Our safeties are horrible and our DL has to get to the QB or there is a potential for a big gain since our CB's dont have any over the top help. I dont think there is a pick I wouldnt hate because we have so many holes that we could go the best available come draft day. I would like to see Moldin as well but I wouldnt mind if we got Vontae either. Even with Slaton, I could see us going for Chris Wells since Ahman hasnt produced and we dont have that big back to complement Steve.

What do you think on us possibly taking a chance on Tebow in the 2nd round if he comes out and lasts that long? Schaub has yet to prove that he can make it a whole season and Sage is plain bad. Tebow would be a project but Schaub still has time left on his contract to prove us wrong but he hasnt done much so far. At the least, Tebow could be his backup since Schaub will probably get hurt again. Maybe, I just love Tebow's leadership and we dont have someone like that on the team. After the Ole Miss loss he went out to the press conference with more passion for the game than anyone I have seen and he has definitely backed up his statement that everyone will see a new Tim Tebow. I dont think it would happen but it would be an interesting thought.
I don't see us going qb in the first 2 rounds, maybe round 3. Tebow is the kind of qb that will take probably a good 4 years to really develop, and if he was on our team he would get pushed into playing a lot sooner than that I expect if Schaub got injured. That being said Schaub is only 27, I'm gonna give him one more season and if he doesn't stay healthy then I'll give up on him. I'm really not sold on Tebow as an NFL qb. The passion is there, but he doesn't come from a pro-style offense, and his I consider his skills as a pocket passer suspect. He is a boom or bust pick to be sure, but I think where we are right now we need to pick more sure things in the first two rounds. Lord knows we have had our share of busts... cough cough David Carr, Jabar Gaffney, and Jason Babin.

I do agree that we need stability at the qb position, but if we can get a dominant defense and a good run game, that will take a lot of pressure off the qb. We have a very strong core of young players, especially on D: Demeco, Mario, Amobi, and Dunta are a very solid group.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't see us going qb in the first 2 rounds, maybe round 3. Tebow is the kind of qb that will take probably a good 4 years to really develop, and if he was on our team he would get pushed into playing a lot sooner than that I expect if Schaub got injured. That being said Schaub is only 27, I'm gonna give him one more season and if he doesn't stay healthy then I'll give up on him. I'm really not sold on Tebow as an NFL qb. The passion is there, but he doesn't come from a pro-style offense, and his I consider his skills as a pocket passer suspect. He is a boom or bust pick to be sure, but I think where we are right now we need to pick more sure things in the first two rounds. Lord knows we have had our share of busts... cough cough David Carr, Jabar Gaffney, and Jason Babin.

I do agree that we need stability at the qb position, but if we can get a dominant defense and a good run game, that will take a lot of pressure off the qb. We have a very strong core of young players, especially on D: Demeco, Mario, Amobi, and Dunta are a very solid group.
dont forget daniels and winston theyve been pretty damn good for us.