Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats really sad is that we are talking about next years draft in the middle of the season.....

I would love to see them take Chris Wells(and with the way we are playing we will have a great chance of getting him)... i know that Slaton is playing pretty well, but Slaton relies so much on breaking a big one, which he is more than capable of doing, but the games were he doesnt get a big one his numbers are very low. I would like to have a back who can get 4 yards a carry.

I would say lets look at some big free agents for the defense, but with the way we over pay for sub par players, free agency scares me. So taking a defensive player with the first pick would not bother me at all. Really the only thing that would bother me is if they took Tebow with any of there picks(like sugguested).
Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to ya'll for your first MNF win

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Congrats to ya'll for your first MNF win
Thanx alot man. Can't wait to play y'all again next year. It's always a good game when we play regardless of who wins.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impressed by the way the Texans played on MNF. Hope they bring we bring our A game against you guys on sunday. The Texans IMO are very underrated.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“I was running for my life, I tell you,” Turk said. “That’s when I run fastest: when someone is chasing me.”

haha
Old 12-07-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love the Turk, I was impressed that we beat the Packers. They are one of those teams that you see their record and you are surprised because they seem much better than that. While we are technically "alive" for the playoffs, I doubt we will get in but I'm already excited for next season. When we are healthy we are one step away from a playoff contender.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

watching these last two games makes this season that much more frustrating.You watch these guys every Sunday and you see the potential but they always fall short. Hopefully since we already lost a top ten pick we string together these last games and have momentum going into next year.

P.S. Slaton is a BEAST!!!!! i'm sorry I ever doubted him.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are going down tomorrow! Not even Sage Rosenfels can save you!!! :P
Old 12-14-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great games by Schaub, Dre, and Slaton on offense and the D played good all day long minus that lame 30 second drive at halftime. If the O-line steps up we could be a force next year, should be fun.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I should've started Schaub on my my fantasy team today.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Damn I should've started Schaub on my my fantasy team today.
Who'd you go with?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKubes View Post
Who'd you go with?
Stupid Eli Manning and Kerry Collins. Oh look, Manning just threw another interception.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Stupid Eli Manning and Kerry Collins. Oh look, Manning just threw another interception.
Ah well, Matt had a lot to prove in this game against your D so can't really be mad about the decision you made. As far as the real stuff is concerned I'm glad he was able to take the hits today, (wish he wouldn't have had to take so many) it should quiet some of his critics. Good luck the rest of the year.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey just seeing if anyone would like to join the new Forum Mock.
Right now only one person has signed up to be the GM of the Texans and there is also an expansion team in this forum mock. So go check it out. Signups are scheduled to end Sunday night.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=28445

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We didn't renew Dan Riley's contract. Terrible move. Damn you Rick Smith.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read that Owen Daniels is an RFA, and I've also read that he's a UFA.
Can someone please tell me which one it is?

Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I've read that Owen Daniels is an RFA, and I've also read that he's a UFA.
Can someone please tell me which one it is?

Thankyou.
He is a RFA and he will likely be given the tender which would require a team to give up a 1st and 3rd to sign him. Pretty sure he will work out an extension either this offseason or next, hes not going anywhere.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, thanks for the help.
I figured that the Texans would resign him. They'd be stupid to let him go.

rep for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kubs really dropped the ball on hiring Bush as the DC. Kubs needed to hire someone who could bring something new to the table, what can Bush bring to this defense that he already hasn't. I know its a little different b/c he is not in Richard Smith's shadow anymore and he has the chance to do whatever he wants with this D, but i really feel like we needed someone on the outside to come in and bring a whole new look to this D. What really suprises me is that to the best of my knowledge Kubs never brought Greg Williams or Mike Nolan to town for a visit. They should of never let Rod M leave Houston, he should of been given what ever he wanted, if not to be DC then as the line coach.

I fear we are going to have another season of poor pass rushing, bad tackling, awful pass coverage and a lot of players not living up to there potential.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've personally been wanting us to promote Ray Rhodes to DC, he knows how to put a good defense together, and is one of the firiest people I've ever seen. I'm gonna wait and see until I pass any judgment on Bush.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well, Julius Peppers doesn't want to stay in Carolina, what if the Texans picked him up in the offseason? I highly doubt it would happen, but if we had Mario on one side and Peppers on the other our D would be unstoppable.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Well, Julius Peppers doesn't want to stay in Carolina, what if the Texans picked him up in the offseason? I highly doubt it would happen, but if we had Mario on one side and Peppers on the other our D would be unstoppable.
That would be a dream come true. But Peppers said he only will play for a 3-4 defense. What worries me is that Dallas will probably make a run for him, I dont think they have the cap room right now, but you know they will make it work. I would rather see him go to any other team in the league than Dallas.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt count on him going to dallas.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Apparently Dunta is looking for 23 million guaranteed. I dont think there is anyway you can give him that much guaranteed when you dont know if he will be the same player he was before the injury, he didnt look like the same player when he came back from the injury. The Texans should franchise him, see how next year goes and then if he can play like he did before the injury give him what he wants.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans have released RB Ahman Green and LB Morlon Greenwood.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote