Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 02-25-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF????? Now D Ryans is mad at the Texans. Why isn't Rick Smith taking care of our star players. Ryans is going to make less than a million this year. That is wrong, he needs to be paid like the star he is.

And why cut Salaam??? He is a great leader in the locker room. Im sure he doesnt count that much against the cap.

I dont know what the hell rick smith is doing, but with all this bad stuff going on we are starting to look very cowboyish.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-rob dissappointed me. He was offered a deal that at least matched Gambles, and reportedly turned it down. That's why he was franchised. For a player coming off injury who said he wanted to stay a Texan to turn that down was like a slap. Then to go to the media and whine about it, I'm really disappointed. I still hope we get a deal done with him, but if we don't then I won't miss him too much next yr. if he leaves.

Demeco hurts as well, his contract isn't even up yet and he's upset already? Dang, man, you still got a whole year in which you can get extended and the money you deserve dude, right now he should be patient as we're dealing with FA's and the draft coming up.

With the cut's we've made we now have around 27 mil. under the cap, including D-rob's pay, minus Wilson's three mil. down to bout 24, I'm not sure what Ramsey's salary's gonna be, but considering he know's he's a backup I don't think it'll be 2 big.

With Weaver gone I've heard we're gonna target the Cardinals Antonio Smith. He's scheduled to meet with us and the Giants. So that should be interesting, I like Bulman however and believe that while DE can be upgraded it isn't a huge need.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Dreesing re-signed 3 yr. 3.6 mil.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Also Smith is coming to see us this weekend. Maybe he'll taste some bbq from the Rodeo cook-off 2morrow and be swayed to sign with us. lol. He's actually scheduled to meet with the Texans on Sunday.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signed Shaun Cody (Lions - USC) to a three year deal. Not a bad signing. He had a lot of talent coming out. He can be disruptive in the backfield.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good sign on Shaun Cody, I think he can really help you all.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Cody pickup as well. He will push Travis Johnson and Frank Okam as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, another good signing. I like what this team is doing. Now, if we could just get some other people to come to this board...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our D-Line is looking good for next year, hopefully Amobi can rebound from his sophomore slump. When he was playing well his rookie season Travis Johnson looked pretty solid. Antonio Smith was really improving toward the end of the season. Our front 7 should be a VERY solid group should we go LB in round 1.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:19 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not completely sold on de opposite williams, but the texans have done nothing but help themselves.

I would love to see them trade down a few pics and draft two young safeties.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing Cato June to a one year 1.5 million dollar deal is a very good move, and a good price. I would like to see Diles and Adibi get a chance, but they both have had pretty good injuries. Not sure if Cato will be a starter or not but if not its some nice depth.

The Texans do a good job in free agency, they dont chase the big names and they fill depth needs. Now give Ryans a new deal!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really LOVE the Cato June pickup. He should push Adibi.

LB Buster Davis is interesting. I like the signing. I hope he works hard and makes the team. He could be pretty good ST guy and spot LB. He can hit.

I like the DE Smith signing, but I still want to see the Texans take a young DE in the draft.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

I think the Texans should draft Knowshon Moreno at 15. There isn't a glaring need that has to be addressed in the first round and Moreno is the sort of player that has Pro Bowl potential in his first year. He helps in the receiving game, as well as the running game. He is the toughest runner in the draft.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15 is a reach for Knowshon, but I do really really like him. I'd say theres a very very good chance we trade down into the 20's.

Another intriguing idea, apparently the Chiefs are entertaining the idea of trading Glenn Dorsey for a first round pick since he doesn't fit their 3-4 very well. I would love it if we got Glenn Dorsey, that would be bad ass.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I think the Texans should draft Knowshon Moreno at 15. There isn't a glaring need that has to be addressed in the first round and Moreno is the sort of player that has Pro Bowl potential in his first year. He helps in the receiving game, as well as the running game. He is the toughest runner in the draft.
Seriously doubt we go RB in the first and if we did I don't see how they could possibly have pro bowl potential as a back up. Knowshon is a good prospect but Slaton has already shown that he can be special in the NFL.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
15 is a reach for Knowshon, but I do really really like him. I'd say theres a very very good chance we trade down into the 20's.

Another intriguing idea, apparently the Chiefs are entertaining the idea of trading Glenn Dorsey for a first round pick since he doesn't fit their 3-4 very well. I would love it if we got Glenn Dorsey, that would be bad ass.
That would be interesting. Might the Chiefs throw in a 4th rounder as well?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Our D-Line is looking good for next year, hopefully Amobi can rebound from his sophomore slump. When he was playing well his rookie season Travis Johnson looked pretty solid. Antonio Smith was really improving toward the end of the season. Our front 7 should be a VERY solid group should we go LB in round 1.
Would anyone know if Frank Okam had any sort of impact in year one, or what's expected of him going into year 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Would anyone know if Frank Okam had any sort of impact in year one, or what's expected of him going into year 2?
Okam had pretty much no impact at all as a rookie, but I think he will develop into an excellent runstuffing situational DT, if not a full-fledged starter. I really liked Okam coming out of college, and hope he has a bigger impact this year.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not an intense football player though. He's really low-key, and really smart. I remember reading last year, some scout said that he's not as good as he could be, because he's too smart to bash his head every down like every other dumbass d-tackle. He's got worlds of potential though.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I really really LOVE the Cato June pickup. He should push Adibi.

LB Buster Davis is interesting. I like the signing. I hope he works hard and makes the team. He could be pretty good ST guy and spot LB. He can hit.

I like the DE Smith signing, but I still want to see the Texans take a young DE in the draft.
June might be a good 1 year pickup. He's better in coverage than playing run though. Davis was brought in last year after we had to juggle our LBs after injuries. We don't miss the guy to say the least.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Texans blew it last year. Duane Brown was biggest reach since Troy Williamson. Why couldnt they just have stayed put and taken Kenny Phillips ?
This year they should go with Vontae Davis. I just dont want them to draft either of the USC lb's. Those guys are overrated.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Vontae Davis is a pretty damn big reach at 15. Clay Matthews is the guy I want, but Cushing could be good as well. Vontae Davis is really just a workout warrior, and if we were to take a CB/S prospect, I would want it to be Malcolm Jenkins if he is available.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:24 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Everyone is showing the texans take a olb, but I cant imagine them doing it. They have a ton on the roster. Granted, no one I am completely satisfied with, but they have a lot of them.

Safety looks pretty bare to me. I am hoping for a trade down and a couple of safeties. And Duke Robinson. That is what I want.

I am not a Moreno fan, but he is good. But I am very satisfied with Steve Slayton. Hope we wait on a running back till later rounds. I would hate for them to draft a guy with a first round pick that would be at best a situational player. Except for an injury, can anyone really see Moreno pushing Slayton out of a job????????? So dont draft Moreno...please.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Texans blew it last year. Duane Brown was biggest reach since Troy Williamson. Why couldnt they just have stayed put and taken Kenny Phillips ?
This year they should go with Vontae Davis. I just dont want them to draft either of the USC lb's. Those guys are overrated.
Are you stupid??? Brown was a great pick. Norv Turner has even come out and said that they were going to take Brown with the next pick. Cushing is a great pick up.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

So...how bout that draft? I like Connor Barwin and James Casey a lot. Cushing is a roided out tool, but he should have an instant impact on the D
Old 04-27-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Not a sexy draft, but I really like Connor Barwin. Cushing will lay some big hits and at the least be fun to watch.