Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Rex Ryans is coming to visit. Thoughts? Rosenhaus says he expects a 1yr. deal.
If we sign Grossman I would have to believe that they are not happy with Dan O so far. Not sure I would be happy with the signing, we got rid of one interception machine in Sage, we dont need another.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do we sign bad quarterbacks? Hopefully Schaub won't get hurt this year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh...I am not a Rex fan.

But who is?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just thought this was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCahD...layer_embedded
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OD

So what's everybody's opinion on him and his situation. Have the recent events made you look at him in a different light? Or do you think the Texans FO is the one that's in the wrong?
Old 07-04-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what's everybody's opinion on him and his situation. Have the recent events made you look at him in a different light? Or do you think the Texans FO is the one that's in the wrong?
I would of never thought that OD would be the guy that skips OTAs and threaten to not show up for training camp. Supposedly he wants to be the highest paid tight end in the league, which you can agrue the fact that he could be the best tight end in the league right now, but the fact that he is demanding this kinda money is really shocking to me. I am really looking at him in a different light.

We have never had to deal with contract issues and holdouts before because we never had star players like we do now. The whole deal with Dunta and OD is such a set back to a season with so much promise. From what i understand they have both rejected very good offers. They say the right things in front of the cameras that they want to stay in Houston, well sign on the ******* line then and get out there with your team that needs you.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Ryans showed a lot of class by ending his little hold out and getting back out there with his team. He is the only one IMO that is being done wrong by the FO.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I heard (someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong.) that Dunta has until the 15 of this month to sign his franchise tender. I dunno what'll happen after that, but at least we can expect some news from his camp around that date.

You know it's been frustrating to me the bickering that's going on and how some people can try to justify OD and Drobs actions. I mean, what they're doing I can understand, how they're going about it I can't. For Drob to go to the press and OD to go to facebook, it just makes them look like kids. They're pros they should act like it. OD is the one I don't get, it's been documented that the Texans are taking a firmer stand because of his agents. However he doesn't fire them or anything.

Eric Winston blogged about the situation commenting that he couldn't picture OD being unreasonable, I wonder what he thinks when OD signed his tender before the Texans could lower the number and then didn't show up for camp and called the Texans unfair for fining him?

Hopefully these next few weeks we start getting news about signings getting done or at least a status report.

R.I.P. McNair
Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
I heard (someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong.) that Dunta has until the 15 of this month to sign his franchise tender. I dunno what'll happen after that, but at least we can expect some news from his camp around that date.

You know it's been frustrating to me the bickering that's going on and how some people can try to justify OD and Drobs actions. I mean, what they're doing I can understand, how they're going about it I can't. For Drob to go to the press and OD to go to facebook, it just makes them look like kids. They're pros they should act like it. OD is the one I don't get, it's been documented that the Texans are taking a firmer stand because of his agents. However he doesn't fire them or anything.

Eric Winston blogged about the situation commenting that he couldn't picture OD being unreasonable, I wonder what he thinks when OD signed his tender before the Texans could lower the number and then didn't show up for camp and called the Texans unfair for fining him?

Hopefully these next few weeks we start getting news about signings getting done or at least a status report.

R.I.P. McNair
If he doesnt sign by the 15th then the Texans and Dunta can not work out a long term deal till after the season is over. To bad we couldnt get anything for him. I would take back the offer and dump him, he is not going to resign after the season and he will be a cancer in the locker room.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

What's the word on Chris Brown and his future?
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
What's the word on Chris Brown and his future?
He's still healthy...... future unknown.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

So looks like our only rookies left to sign now are Cushing and Barwin. Casey and Caldwell both signed 4 yr. deals. Idk the details yet.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Reeves breaks his leg... Well ****... Im not a big fan of Reeves but this does hurt because we are not deep at corner. I have not heard a timeline on his return yet, but its gotta take a while. Atleast we dont have to worry about Faggins getting playing time(good luck with that titans).

Bring on the old washed up guys for tryouts......
Old 08-05-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

They say it's 6-8 weeks. Depends on how fast he heals. I think it was a fracture. Chris Myers was also hurt, he's out indefinetely after he was pushed from behind.

I heard that Quinn is back after the bruised leg muscle. Also that Bennet has been doing well. It's only the beginning of training camp, but man I hope we don't get the injury bug this yr. (Knocks on wood and crosses the fingers.)
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman out 4-5 weeks
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

The Texans looked pretty good in the first preseason game. On offense Schaub, Chris Brown, and Moats stood out the most to me. I would like to see Slaton get more carries in the next game, to me it looked like the O line started off pretty slow. Slaton only made it out of the back field a few times, and on the sack on Schaub no one even saw the defender.

The Defense looked pretty good as well. I would like to see Okam start the game, he looked great, he was in the backfield on almost every play, we need someone to get Travis Johnson out of the lineup. Barwin looked very good to, he will have a nice number of sacks this year if he comes off the edge with that speed all year long.

I know it was only the first preseason game but you have to be excited by the way Schaub looked, 7 for 7 and i think he threw to 6 different recievers(i believe that is right). I am crossing my fingers that he stays healthy this season.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

T. Johnson got traded to the Chargers for a 6th rd. pick, 5th if he performs well. Thoughts?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:22 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
T. Johnson got traded to the Chargers for a 6th rd. pick, 5th if he performs well. Thoughts?
Finally... I am so sick of waiting for him to come around. And i wouldnt expect that pick to be a 5th. This move should of happened much early so we could of been looking for some kinda replacement to start. Okam, Robinson, and Cody are all good back ups.

I wonder how much it would hurt the run D to start Smith in the inside and start Barwin on the outside.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
The Texans looked pretty good in the first preseason game. On offense Schaub, Chris Brown, and Moats stood out the most to me. I would like to see Slaton get more carries in the next game, to me it looked like the O line started off pretty slow. Slaton only made it out of the back field a few times, and on the sack on Schaub no one even saw the defender.

The Defense looked pretty good as well. I would like to see Okam start the game, he looked great, he was in the backfield on almost every play, we need someone to get Travis Johnson out of the lineup. Barwin looked very good to, he will have a nice number of sacks this year if he comes off the edge with that speed all year long.

I know it was only the first preseason game but you have to be excited by the way Schaub looked, 7 for 7 and i think he threw to 6 different recievers(i believe that is right). I am crossing my fingers that he stays healthy this season.
The skill players on offense showed some promise in the game, but our O-line got absolutely destroyed by Minnesota. That is what may end up holding us back. hopefully they can get it together and jell before the season starts, Duane Brown didn't look to bad out there, hopefully he will pan out.

On D, I absolutely love what Barwin brings to the table. He is a great pass rusher already and has a ton of upside. Antonio Smith hasn't shown very much to get me excited, and that's an interesting idea to move him to DT and keep Barwin outside. But the weak point of the defense is still our secondary. I don't know why we haven't invested more top draft choices in our secondary as of late.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Has anyone heard anything new on Dunta??? I assume he will sign after the Tampa game....
Old 09-05-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

released 22 players. Clark Harris, Buster Davis, Arian Foster, Alex Brinks, and Brandon Harrison among the guys released. We are one fat due to the DRob's situation.

Kubiak said Grossman closed that gap with Dan O. and he will determine the backup in the upcoming practices.

D. Robinson the DT is nursing a calf strain.

Kubiak says that they will be checking the wire and trying to upgrade. Sure there will be some surprises, but don't know if they will help us.

Named Pitts starter, (no surprise there.)

Wilson uncertain for Jets and most likely Ferguson and Barber will be starters.

Cushing is 100%, but will likely be rotated. didn't mention with who. I think on third downs.

Last edited by datchapin : 09-07-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
The skill players on offense showed some promise in the game, but our O-line got absolutely destroyed by Minnesota. That is what may end up holding us back. hopefully they can get it together and jell before the season starts, Duane Brown didn't look to bad out there, hopefully he will pan out.

On D, I absolutely love what Barwin brings to the table. He is a great pass rusher already and has a ton of upside. Antonio Smith hasn't shown very much to get me excited, and that's an interesting idea to move him to DT and keep Barwin outside. But the weak point of the defense is still our secondary. I don't know why we haven't invested more top draft choices in our secondary as of late.
I'm not 2 worried about the O-line. Our starting guard and center were knocking off rust coming off injury and they were playing one of the better D-lines in the league. They'll be ready for the regular season.

Agreed on Barwin. Smith has been holding his own, I think he'll step it up in the regular season. I ask that question myself sometimes.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Has anyone heard anything new on Dunta??? I assume he will sign after the Tampa game....
DRob confirmed that he will in fact sign 2morrow and be there for practice this week.

I'm not happy with the way his situation was handled, but now that he's back I'm gonna support him as he's once again part of the team. YEAH BABY!!! GO TEXANS!!!!

Last edited by datchapin : 09-05-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: new info.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
DRob confirmed that he will in fact sign 2morrow and be there for practice this week.

I'm not happy with the way his situation was handled, but now that he's back I'm gonna support him as he's once again part of the team. YEAH BABY!!! GO TEXANS!!!!
I agree about the way the situation was handled, its gonna be hard to pull for a guy that is going to bolt as soon as he is given the chance, since he was wanting a clause in his contract to not franchise him again. Although you have to believe he will have the season of his career since he is looking for such a huge contract, and we sure as hell need him to.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I was happy to see that Glenn Martinez made the team, i thought he played really well all preseason. I had my fingers crossed with him. I wasnt suprised with any of the cuts. I was kinda suprised that Delta O'Neal played so bad in the preseason against second and third string WRs.

I would put Rex at the 2 spot. I never thought i would say this but Rex looked really good out there on Friday. I know it was against back ups but the way he carried himself and lead the team was something that i dont see in Dan O.

Once again Frank Okam looked good after looking bad the week before. I guess we should only play him every other week haha.