Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Tank move was good. Should free up some cap room. As far as I thought, he was a Jag.

I wish they would just sign Owen. He is a near-top player at his position. TE should be cheap compared to other positions. If u are able to draft a guy that is near top at his position, you should sign him. Right???? What is the point of drafting a guy like that if you don't want him long term???? If a player turns out to be one of the best at his position in the league, pay him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have high hopes for this team this year...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh no, we suck again!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasted my time and money going to this game, i have never heard so many booos at a game before. I cant believe how much of a step we took back today. What really bothered me the most was that it didnt seem like any adjustments were made, if something is not working maybe try something else. You could say that its just the first game of the season, but there were zero signs of anything good happening. Its not like they played and good game and lost, they got dominated by a rookie QB, a rookie coach, and a defense that was missing 2 of there best players.

What the hell happened to the line, they were looking pretty good at the end of last year, they reminded me of the old Capers days. Schaub had defenders in his face all game, and when he didnt he still acted like he did (I could of sworn that was Carr under center). Next week we are in Nashville, loss number 2.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta agree, right now I'm too depressed to type everything that disappointed me in this game.

A few things though, I've critized Kubiak before for his lack of imagination. You got the best receiver in the league and your telling me that corner on bottom and safety on top of AJ is stopping you from moving the ball? Why is it then that our longest pass was caught with 3 defenders near OD? It's like the Jets aren't a perfect defense. You knew they would stop the run, that's their strength, but that also means they're selling the front seven to stop the run. They're secondary is good, but dammit once again we can't take advantage of their scheme. Also in the run game, why aren't we utilizing Leach more as a blocker against this formation. It's against this formation where the fullback is most effective. I digress, our center was prostituded this sunday. Least that's what it looked like with Jenkins pimp hand all over him. Slaton missed lanes ran into the pile and just didn't demonstrate any vision. Schaub, reminded me of why I hated the fact that we gave up 2 second rders for him. Even when he had time he looked lost. Why oh why are we sending our fastest guy over the middle instead of lining him up next to AJ and peeling the safety off him with go routes. Anderson and JJ are better suited in the slot than Davis. Dammit, I typed too much already.

After this I'm paying attention to the following games to see if Kubes can cut it. Dolphins, 49ers, Pats, and Cards. If he can't scheme better against those 3-4 teams then he should be out the door. Regardless of our record, because he's been had a hard time against these guys since he was an OC in Denver, hence why the Broncos always lost to the Pats. He hasn't shown growth and even though I like the guy his lack of adjustments is just killing me.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Oh no, we suck again!
I would laugh, but I can't do it through the tears. Maybe after the first win this'll be funny.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question about the last game. The Falcons offense and Texans offense is somewhat similar and very well balanced, so naturally I was shocked to see the Jets defense shut down the Texans offense. The Falcons play the Jets later this year, and I was wondering whether their defense is for real (obviously some players are, like Jenkins, Revis, and Rhodes), or was it more of a sputtering from the offensive side of the ball?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Question about the last game. The Falcons offense and Texans offense is somewhat similar and very well balanced, so naturally I was shocked to see the Jets defense shut down the Texans offense. The Falcons play the Jets later this year, and I was wondering whether their defense is for real (obviously some players are, like Jenkins, Revis, and Rhodes), or was it more of a sputtering from the offensive side of the ball?
The Jets D is for real (and they were without Pace and Ellis), but if the Texans would of made adjustments, maybe some screens or quick slants, they would of put some points on the board. Also if we could of picked up the blitz we would of looked a lot better as well. I wouldnt insult your team by comparing them to our offense right now. I love my team but I have never felt so low after a game before.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't panic if I were ya'll.

Ya'll have been slow starters for the past few seasons, so an early loss isn't something ya'll can't overcome. Besides, the Jets are gonna be a tough team this season. That may've been a total trap game for ya'll, with division opener against Tennessee the next week.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I finally think I'm over last week. I think it was mostly my expectations that let me loose sight of how tough this league can be. There aren't any gimme games and fact of the matter was I shouldn't have looked down on the Jets. They had a good season last yr. until Favre played injured and they lost their final games. Their defense was good and now they got a guru calling their schemes. Their offense has a good set of backs and their young QB is showing alot of promise, since pre-season he's looked good. They have young stud linemen led by Alan Faneca and to think that they were a gimme win was stupid on my part. I'm still disappointed in our performance, but I gotta move on cuz' we play the Tacks in a couple of days.

I think we have a shot at taking the game from Tenn. Even though everyone is thinking our loss is a given. I think this game will come down to the Titans aggressiveness. They no longer have fat Al so they can't rely on the 4 man rush the same way they did last yr. However they can compensate with the blitz. They were real good against Pittsburg when they applied it, but just the four man rush gave big Ben alot of time. If we can deal with their blitz and counter we should have a good shot at making them pay. We have better receivers than Pittsburg (if only our QB was better) On offense we laid the best rush game against them (it doesn't look the same this yr. but hopefully after another week of practicing together will help.) I don't think we gotta have a great running game to win, but if we can get some yards on the ground hopefully we give ourselves the best chance to win. I think it will be tough, and both teams will be phisical, but I think we still have a shot. Regardless of how the talking heads may see it.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Do you guys think Schaub is really accurate? I hear alot of people say that, but I tend to disagree, he never hits our guys in good strides, leads them well or has excellent ball placement. I'm not a big Schaub fan as he hasn't really shown me anything consistently. I'm gonna be paying attention this game, but the Titans run a cover 2 so I want to see not just if his passes are complete, but how they're completed.

Anyways what do y'all think?
Old 09-20-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the win fellas!

I definitely missed like all the 2nd half, but from what I did see, ya'll totally deserved the win.

Ya'll lost to a Jets team that just beat New England, and beat a Titans team at their house. Congrats on the success, and good luck in AFC South play - that is, until we return the favor in our next game. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

WOW!!!!!! Who would of thought that after last week we would go into Nashville and beat the titans. Titanhope is right, I dont feel so bad about what happened last week after the Jets handled the Pats offense. I have never seen the Texans play that physical, i love it. The passing game looked great, im still worried about the run game though. Also still worried about the Defense. They have series where they look like a top 10 defense and then they make a dumb play, like not cover Johnson. I am very impressed by Cushing and Diles. To miss all of training camp and preseason and come out and play like Cushing did is amazing. At the end of the year people maybe talking about how the Texans have the best starting linebacker group in the NFL.....
Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I'm happy too. I knew we had a shot, but I was impressed with the way our guys played. Including Schaub, I just hope he keeps playing like that consistently. If our defense gets those mental mistakes out of the way, I'm sure we can do great things this season. Hopefully the running game picks up as well.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:54 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

We have Jax at home this sunday, even though they are 0-2 they still worry me because they have one of the best backs in the league and we cant stop the run. If we can control Jones Drew then we win....
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
We have Jax at home this sunday, even though they are 0-2 they still worry me because they have one of the best backs in the league and we cant stop the run. If we can control Jones Drew then we win....
I think that we match up much more favorably against MJD than against Chris Johnson though, we don't have a real speed demon in the secondary who could catch Chris Johnson once he got to the edge, so I'm not overly worried about how we will do against Jax's running game.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Brian Cushing really impressed me as well. He was all over the field in the 2nd half (I got to rewatch the full game on NFL Network! Hooray!). He was disciplined, took good angles, and hit like a ton of bricks. Congrats!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I'm not looking past the Jags. They always seem to get up for this game and play us tough. True they're 0-2 right now, but that hunger for the first game can really drive a team. MJD may not be faster than CJ, but he's more versatile. CJ torched us, but I give credit to their line. They cut off pursuit excellently on CJ's 1st long run, we didn't even cover him on the second score and their line got him past the secondary untouched on his last score. The Jags line isn't as good as the Tacks, but MJD is better at gaining extra yds. Remember the Jags love to chew up the clock so MJD fits that mold like a glove. Regardless of the outcome I expect a great game.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

We signed Bernard Pollard formerly of the Chiefs. Got any thoughts about this. I think its a good move. Pitts is on IR after the surgery so Studdard should step in.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
We signed Bernard Pollard formerly of the Chiefs. Got any thoughts about this. I think its a good move. Pitts is on IR after the surgery so Studdard should step in.
No thoughts at all... probably wont see much of him. Busing looks like he can make some big plays that we have always lacked from our safeties. I wont be happy with the safety situation untill we take a safety in the first or second round.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Brian Cushing really impressed me as well. He was all over the field in the 2nd half (I got to rewatch the full game on NFL Network! Hooray!). He was disciplined, took good angles, and hit like a ton of bricks. Congrats!
I cant begin to tell you how excited I am about Cushing. He brings an aggresiveness that we need. He is going to be a big time player.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I remember we had a good safety in Will Demps, he was a pro-bowl alternate. I wonder why he got cut.....

Yeah, Cushing looks like he's gonna be a great help to the team. He seems to fire everyone up. Headbutting them and what have you in between plays. Our front seven look solid, help in the secondary is what we need. Maybe just time. I can't wait till 2morrow.

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good game fellas. Atleast you guys have a BA offense.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is a clear demonstration that we need a good safety. MJD's first long TD run happened because our safety blew his assignment. Eric Berry or Taylor Mays would help rectify the situation because as of right now our secondary is what is holding this defense back.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I've never thought I could feel as bad as I did today. On the way out, I felt like throwing up. I had flashes of me tossing myself off the balcony. The rollercoaster of the last few minutes was gutwrenching. I was almost okay with the loss and then the strip fumble gave me hope. Then that hope was crushed.

I agree with cunningham, (good to see you again.) Our secondary is atrocious. Not just the safeties though. Our CB's were far from the receivers almost every play. I hoped that an improved front seven would help the secondary, but we can't even press. We've been getting pressure, but the receivers are always so open it doesn't even seem to matter. I know we've never been great in the secondary, but god this season looks so horrible. I'm dumbfounded in trying to understand how we can be so bad. Last in the league in D, WHAT THE HELL ARE OUR COACHES DOING??!!!!

I critized Schaub a few weeks ago and last week it didn't look so bad, maybe because I had to watch it on the TV, but this week once again I'm questioning his decision making. Throwing into triple coverage, LOCKING IN on AJ. Matt gave me a flashback, I remember when he threw the ball a few times this game it gave me a sick feeling in the gut, something I haven't felt as strongly since when Carr left.

I love this team, and always try to be optimistic, yeah I might not always sound like it on here, but I need to vent. However I want to see a good team on the field. I don't know how Lions fans dealt with it, but man, this is a horrible feeling.

That's it for now. Thanx for allowing me a place to vent.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Man our defense sucks... I dont understand how u let Jax do what ever they wanted to. Bennett looks awful out there, D Rob is missing tackles, and why even have safeties on the field if they arent gonna do anything. The front 4 are not getting any pressure. Atleast the linebackers are looking good, but it takes a lot more than just 3 guys making plays.

I guess if there is a silver lining its that last year we were 0-3 at this point. We have Oakland next week, who looks a lot worse than we do. If we give up huge plays against Oakland then i want to see Bush gone after this game.