Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
It would be very nice 2 have more people on our board. Well a win is a win I guess. And the 49ers are a pretty good team but come on, alex smith looked like a pro bowler against our dbs. It looked 2 me that the 49ers came out and ran a offense that we did not plan for. The front 7 looks great against the run, shut down another back. Mario may not be getting the sacks this year but he is playing great against the run.

slaton is gonna have 2 find a way to hang onto the ball. Schaub is not on the manning brees level but he is on the level just below. Owen looks like he is quickly becoming the best in the league at his position. I don't remember us being over 500 in mid season
I think Smith's play we can partially chalk up to the qb coming off the bench phenomenon, partially being the key word there. The D was prepared for Hill, and didn't have nearly as much film study under their belts on Smith. Regardless our defense was inexcusably poor in the second half and our guys need to stay focused. It is plain as day our secondary is the weakest part of the team, if we don't draft either a safety or CB high this offseason I don't know what our front office is thinking. I think if we get some defensive backs who can cover then Mario will have time to get to the quarterback.

Agreed on Slaton, he really needs to protect the rock. His play has been great recently though, if our O-line can just open some holes for him he does a good job in the open field.

Schaub might make the pro bowl this year if he keeps putting up these stats, Andre has been making his job a TON easier.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
WOO Great Win Guys!!! (If I wasn't a Lions fan I'd be a Texans fan I like how they draft.)
I won't hate if you start rooting for us. Can't blame you we rock.

I like your sig, it's a good distraction.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno about that backup coming in phenomenom. I mean we did the same thing to the Cards..... ironic huh. Dangit we still shoulda beat them... anyhoo. The fact of the matter was we weren't prepared. When a team gets down like that it's obvious they're gonna air it out. Yet the entire second half we rushed only four and played in zones. That's what it looked like 2 me anyways. All three TD's came from sloppy play in soft zones. The first one VD blew right past Ryans, Pollard was slow getting to him, D-rob hit him, but didn't wrap up and Wilson was late. Demeco should have at least bumped him. The second one came against Zone once again, Cushing had a different zone so had to let him go. Had he been faked he would have made the effort to follow. Pollard was deep in the endzone and didn't get there in time. The last one came against a zone again. Demeco was in position, but he's no DB he didn't look back for the ball. VD was running away from Pollard. All in all I'm just disappointed that we didn't go more aggressive on the defensive side. Even Smith said our coverage wasn't that hard to read. They're sending all their receivers out we should have had a field day in the second half applying the pressure. I wish we hadn't let up, but a win is a win.

Glover Quin has been pretty solid so far almost came up with an Int.

Can't believe we got that JJ TD called back damn penalties, and 2 of them. Ughh.

Slaton had a great run, but the fumbles... man now he's gonna be targeted for strips. He should do extra drills on the way he should hold the ball. The Bills are our best bet to get the running game off the ground.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's time for the old-school training tactic of getting Slaton to carry the football around with him at all times and have people (possibly even family members) try to knock it out sporadically so that he is always protecting the football. Just do something to protect the rock Slaton, please!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are talking about really nasty weather in Buffalo on Sunday we will have to get the running game going. What happened with Moats??? He had one game were he came in and made some good plays and havent seen him since. I think right now Brown is our best natural running back, Slaton isnt hitting the line like he did last year, but u have to keep him in there because of all the huge plays he has been making with screens and short dump plays.

Wanted to see what y'all thought about bringing in LJ if the Chiefs do cut him, which looks more and more likely.

My thoughts on it is that he should still have some good football in him, he is just in a really bad spot and doesnt seem to care. I would be all for bringing him on a 1 year vet miniuim contract, gotta do something to get some yards on the ground.

And why is John David Booty here trying out??? Makes no sense....
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I dunno about LJ. He is a bad character guy who would probably wouldn't take the vet minimum in a million years: "LMAO you don't write my checks LMAO." He is an idiot, and would be bad for team chemistry so I don't want him. He is an intriguing talent though.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Moats, I think I heard he had turf toe. Don't hold me to it though, yeah, Moats brings a quickness I like.

LJ.... No thanx. I mean from a talent standpoint I'd be interested, but like cunningham said, too much other stuff comes with that talent.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I said b4 and I'll say it again. Andre Johnson is a beast.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

Remember when he was hurt against the niners. The man comes back out after the x-rays and they had to take him out again. He feels no pain. You'd have to cut his leg off to keep him out of there. Yeah, Andre's the man!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
I said b4 and I'll say it again. Andre Johnson is a beast.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/

Remember when he was hurt against the niners. The man comes back out after the x-rays and they had to take him out again. He feels no pain. You'd have to cut his leg off to keep him out of there. Yeah, Andre's the man!
Yeah... They had to hide his helmet to keep him out of the game..... If everyone on the team had him same passion and intensity we would be unstoppable.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Shaub is underrated. When I get to see him play, he looks great. He needs to stay healthy and all, but I will take him over most of the other quarterbacks in the league.

Scratch that. I would take him over all of the other quarterbacks except Manning, Brees, Brady.

I am also frustrated with Slayton. To his credit, he is better than I thought he would be as a prospect. And for that I am happy. But fumbles kicked Quentin Griffin out of the league, amoung others. He better find a way to hold on to the ball.

I was wrong about Cushing. I originally said I would have traded down to acquire more picks. Well, once again the Texans drafted right. Cushing has been everything advertised.

One player that has let me down however, is Robinson. I used to think he was a top 8 corner in the league. I don't think so anymore. The secondary is in need of a playmaker. Forget that!!! They just need some consistency that is not negative consistency!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I think Shaub is underrated. When I get to see him play, he looks great. He needs to stay healthy and all, but I will take him over most of the other quarterbacks in the league.

Scratch that. I would take him over all of the other quarterbacks except Manning, Brees, Brady.

I am also frustrated with Slayton. To his credit, he is better than I thought he would be as a prospect. And for that I am happy. But fumbles kicked Quentin Griffin out of the league, amoung others. He better find a way to hold on to the ball.

I was wrong about Cushing. I originally said I would have traded down to acquire more picks. Well, once again the Texans drafted right. Cushing has been everything advertised.

One player that has let me down however, is Robinson. I used to think he was a top 8 corner in the league. I don't think so anymore. The secondary is in need of a playmaker. Forget that!!! They just need some consistency that is not negative consistency!
Seriously, I don't think Schaub is elite. I'm not saying he's bad either, but in this QB friendly system alot of QB's would thrive. I don't think I've berated him on here, but when I'm at the games, man sometimes he kills me.

Slaton is good. The line isn't opening up any holes so he's trying too hard. Sounds weird I know, but he should know the down and distance better and sometimes just go down. He hasn't lost easy fumbles, but defenses have sensed he can be stripped and he's been targeted for that. I imagine that's what Buffalo would focus on to try and get turnovers this sunday. So I'm hoping that Slaton is focusing on drills to hang on to the ball. Tiki Barber also had problems, but then solved them, I hope Slaton focuses on that this off-season. Slaton may not be the greatest, but he's the best we've had and for that I love the guy and wish him the best. I know once we start opening holes again he'll get better numbers. The way he runs is incredible.

Cushing has been a beast. The only thing that worries me is his injury. He's had a sore foot the last few weeks, they haven't given it any diagnosis like plantar.... what Mario had his rookie season so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Yeah, Robinson..... you suck. You should have taken what was offered. You weren't elite in the first place and you turned down a fair deal. Now you're not gonna get anywhere near that. The whole hold out business was stupid. He should have done like OD and DR who've showed up and have earned... more than earned their payday.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
They are talking about really nasty weather in Buffalo on Sunday we will have to get the running game going. What happened with Moats??? He had one game were he came in and made some good plays and havent seen him since. I think right now Brown is our best natural running back, Slaton isnt hitting the line like he did last year, but u have to keep him in there because of all the huge plays he has been making with screens and short dump plays.

Wanted to see what y'all thought about bringing in LJ if the Chiefs do cut him, which looks more and more likely.

My thoughts on it is that he should still have some good football in him, he is just in a really bad spot and doesnt seem to care. I would be all for bringing him on a 1 year vet miniuim contract, gotta do something to get some yards on the ground.

And why is John David Booty here trying out??? Makes no sense....
The cold didnt bother us in Green Bay last year so hopefully it wont again this year.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

I just listened to this podcast from a Buffalo station and I gotta say after hearing this.

http://wnywatercooler.blogspot.com/2...s-podcast.html

I really hope we stomp all over the Bills this weekend. Wow man, I just hope this isn't an accurate representation of the Bills fanbase. Man, the ignorance..... man.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good game guys, I thought we actually had a chance. Our defense for the most part was amazing until eventually they just got worn down in the 4th, our offense sucks so bad, it's very difficult being a Bills fan right now. Best of luck to your team for the rest of the way.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

5-3..... Man this is exciting to actually be able to be thinking about playoffs at mid season. This wasnt our best performance but we came through when it mattered the most and got another win.

I love the move to bench Slaton after the fumble, he is a huge big play threat but you cant keep turning the ball over, maybe this will help him. And we finally got Moats back in there and WOW.... Once again the D looked good.

Next week is huge, if we can go into Indy and come out 6-3 would be amazing. Against Indy we wont be able to get by with just playing one great half like we have been, its gonna take a complete game.

Anyone heard anything about OD yet???
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I saw this on kffl:

Texans | Source: Daniels out for the season
Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:06:08 -0800

ESPN.com reports Houston Texans TE Owen Daniels (knee) will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in Week 8, a team source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

This sucks, but I'm quite high on James Casey so we may see what he can do with increased reps.

The Texans really got it together in the second half, after Schaub's two picks I was really starting to worry. We needed that win and we are looking good to compete for a wild card spot.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, next week is big. The Texans don't even have to win. But they better be competitive. If they get pushed around, it may show they are not ready for the big boys.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

hearing that OD is gone for the season makes me sick... The coaching staff seems to be high on Casey, so we will see.

i would be very happy if we split with Indy, i would love to win both and it is possible, but as good as our front 7 is, Manning will destroy our pass coverage. We gotta hit him a few times and keep our score up high.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...L&id=5138&sn=t

Casey is out for at least a game too

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Colts are going to be a big challenge for us, I expect it will be quite a high scoring affair. Overall though, I don't think we match up too poorly against them. They are extremely one dimensional on offense, so we know what's coming. If the defense can come through with a big play on one or two drives we have a realistic shot at winning this game.

Our offense is quite a bit more explosive than most of the offenses the Colts have faced this season, so hopefully we'll be able to keep up with them.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Once again Cushing is the afc defensive player of the week. its incredible that this guy doesnt go through training camp, preseason, and hasnt practiced during the week in a long time and is playing at a pro bowl level(yes i said it, he deserves the pro bowl as a rookie). GO VOTE!!!!! We should have Schaub, Johnson, Ryans, Cushing for sure and maybe Jacoby for kick returner.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Colts are going down this weekend. Loosing both starting CB's and now Sanders is out for the season. This really favors us. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but we have a good shot at pulling a huge upset and taking this game.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Colts are going down this weekend. Loosing both starting CB's and now Sanders is out for the season. This really favors us. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but we have a good shot at pulling a huge upset and taking this game.
Penalties, penalties, penalties.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I actually dont feel bad bout this loss. A close fight. Got beat. But it could have had a different outcome very easily.

This game showed me something. It was a dogfight, and the Texans didn't get run out of the stadium by any means.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys can really draft linebackers. Brian Cushing looks amazing.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote