Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
You guys can really draft linebackers. Brian Cushing looks amazing.
He was the top rated outside LB in the draft so it wasnt too hard. He just fell because of a ton of injury concerns but that is up in the air because he still has a lot of football left to play.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I actually dont feel bad bout this loss. A close fight. Got beat. But it could have had a different outcome very easily.

This game showed me something. It was a dogfight, and the Texans didn't get run out of the stadium by any means.
I agree. It was a little upsetting to lose because of a kicker but it was a good game, besides the penalites. Realistically i didnt think there was anyway we would of swept the colts. If we can beat them at home in a few weeks then i will be happy.

Our D did a great job, anytime to can hold Manning to 20 points you have a real shot at winning the game. Pollard is the best mid season pick up we have ever had, he is playing great. I notice that on almost every play you see Cushing and Pollard in on the play or close to it. D Rob looked lost against Wayne. I think its time to go with Quinn and Reeves as the starters. I dont know if D Rob just doesnt care anymore or what but I am sick of seeing him trail recievers.

The offense looked alright, but you gotta protect your QB. I dont remember seeing anyone even touch Brackett on the hit that caused the INT near the end.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I agree. It was a little upsetting to lose because of a kicker but it was a good game, besides the penalites. Realistically i didnt think there was anyway we would of swept the colts. If we can beat them at home in a few weeks then i will be happy.

Our D did a great job, anytime to can hold Manning to 20 points you have a real shot at winning the game. Pollard is the best mid season pick up we have ever had, he is playing great. I notice that on almost every play you see Cushing and Pollard in on the play or close to it. D Rob looked lost against Wayne. I think its time to go with Quinn and Reeves as the starters. I dont know if D Rob just doesnt care anymore or what but I am sick of seeing him trail recievers.

The offense looked alright, but you gotta protect your QB. I dont remember seeing anyone even touch Brackett on the hit that caused the INT near the end.
Yep, same old story every week, our offensive line sucks. However our secondary didn't do too bad in a great defensive effort. Pollard is the man, he's been excellent this season, and that coupled with him previously putting Brady out for a whole season make him one of my more liked players. Glover had a few bad plays on Sunday, but I'm excited for how good he can be in a few years.

We were a few bonehead plays away from beating one of the better teams in the NFL, I think we could make things interesting in the playoffs this year. Speaking of I think we've got a shot this year, San Diego looks like our main competition for the second wild card spot.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game was so painful to deal with. The worst part was that we once again came out flat. Matt.... why.... he's thrown int's. in 7 of our last nine games. I try hard not to bash him, but it's hard. The refs screwed us this game on the Moats fumble. Mike Perria does a segment on the NFL network and they showed the play. You know what he said. Oh this one killt me. He said, there was inconclusive evidence and not enough angles. SO WHY THE HELL WAS THE CALL OVERTURNED. I know they can't go back and changed what happened, but at least own up 2 it. We got screwed on that call. I'm not saying we would have won, but the game would have been different. I'm not hating on Brown, the guy has been clutch for us so many times. Again though it comes down to we should not have been in that situation. Man I'm still upset about last weekend. Alot of ppl tell me I shouldn't be upset we weren't likely to win, but honestly I was expecting the V. We even had a lead in the fourth. To lose this game is hard. Especially with the bye. Not taking anything away from the Colts they're still a great team, but this loss hurts.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should probably grade the team during the bye and see how good our chances are of making the playoffs.

Cunningham, I don't know what you meant about the line. Our pass protection has been pretty good and while our run blocking hasn't been good they look like they're improving.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
We should probably grade the team during the bye and see how good our chances are of making the playoffs.

Cunningham, I don't know what you meant about the line. Our pass protection has been pretty good and while our run blocking hasn't been good they look like they're improving.
My grades for the first half of the season by position:
QB: B I would give Schaub an A but Ints are hurting our team once again. But he is having his best season ever and I believe he deserves the pro bowl.

RB: F Slaton has been a huge dissapointment, Moats had 1 good game, but all 3 of our RBs have cost us games with fumbles.

WR: A+ Johnson is by far the best WR in the league, forget Fitzgarald. Jacoby is having his best season, Walter's numbers are down but he is just not having balls come his way. And it seems like everytime we need a big first down D Anderson is there.

TE: B If we still had OD this would be an easy A, but Dressen has made big plays.

OL: D+ I think some of the blame from the run game has to fall on the OL. I did give them credit for doing a prettty good job of keeping Schaub on his feet.

DL: B- The D line is doing a great job against the run, but we need more pressure on the QB. Mario's numbers are down, but he is playing with a hurt shoulder. Smith has been solid the last few weeks.

LB: A+ These 3 guys have been lights out. Cushing and Ryans get a lot of the talk, but Diles is quitely having a very good year.

DB: D The only reason I dont give them a F is because of Pollard, what a great pick up. Corners have looked bad all year. Although I do like what I see in Quinn, he can be very good for us. I wouldnt even consider resigning Dunta as of right now.

Coaching: D This team makes to many stupid mistakes, and I would have to put that on coaching. I think Kyle is a great OC and will someday be a great head coach. Bush has turned the D around. I dont know if Kubs is the guy who can get this team to play clean games.

Rest of season: I think the 2nd wild card spot is between us and either SD or Den, the 1st wild card will come out of the north. I think we can really only lose 1 more game to be safe. We can do it and we should do it. If we dont make the playoffs i will be very dissapointed.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post

Our pass protection has been pretty decent for the most part, but I find certain things troublesome about the group. For one I was watching Duane Brown in particular last week and I wasn't very impressed with his play. On a few plays it looked as if he was struggling with speed rushers which I thought was odd since he was a former tight end and athleticism is supposed to be one of his greatest strengths. Also the linebackers, particularly Session were making plays all over the field. I'm not putting this all on Brown, but we need to block the second level more effectively in the run game. Brown is quick and fast enough to do this, but so far I haven't seen much of it out of him.

As for our run blocking, I don't understand how we didn't average more than 3.1 per carry against the Colts, their defense is so undersized we should be able to blow them off the LOS, but it just didn't get done. Maybe they are improving, but they still aren't where we need them to be if we want to make a serious playoff run and I still consider them the weakness on the offensive side of the ball.

Here's my grades for the team.

QB- B+ Schaub is having a great statistical season, but make no mistake Andre makes his job a LOT easier. Overall I like Schaub though and think he can be "the guy" for us for years to come.

RB- C- Fumbling is the issue here. If Slaton could just hold onto the football this would be a much stronger part of the team. He is so explosive and dangerous in space it's a shame that his poor ball security is keeping him off the field. I do like Moats as well, he is a good natural runner. I've been watching him for years since he used to be on the Eagles and if we can open holes he is an adequate starter.

WR- A+ Andre Johnson is incredible, Jacoby has been great on kick returns and is showing improvement as a receiver, Kevin Walter is a reliable target but there's so many other weapons he doesn't get a hole lot of balls his way. Andre Davis is a good deep threat, and as jjmt2500 said, Anderson has made some key grabs for us this season.

TE- B- Dreesen is a pretty average starter at TE, he hasn't really impressed me all that much. I want to see what Casey can do at the TE position, he is a great athlete and I think he's got a pretty high ceiling.

OL- D+ I think that we have some players who can develop into something down the road, but this group is pretty one dimensional and really needs to be able to run-block. I like Caldwell a whole lot and like him as a future C/G for us. Duane Brown I'm starting to think was a poor pick in the first round, but he is a serviceable LT. I like Eric Winston fine at RT as well, but our interior could really use some work.

DE- B+ Mario of course is an absolute monster and one of the best at his position, and Antonio Smith is finally starting to come along with two sacks in the last two games. Behind them Connor Barwin is a great developmental prospect with incredible athleticism who should work his way onto the field more and more as the season progresses.

DT- C To be clear I like Amobi Okoye, he has had some good moments this season, but I feel like he is still not playing on the level he did as a rookie. Shaun Cody is a stop-gap player at DT until we can find someone better. Old father time Zgonina does a pretty solid job when he's in the game which is pretty cool since he's pushing 40.

LB- A This is undoubtedly the strength of our Defense. I wasn't a believer when we drafted him but I am now, Cushing is having a fantastic rookie season. If it weren't for Jairus Byrd's obscene amount of picks Cushing would have DROY locked up. Demeco is the consummate football player, he really understands the game and has great instincts. The only deficiency in his game is his pass coverage where he has been exposed a few times this season. While Diles is not a huge playmaker he is getting the job done and holding his own.

S- C+ I really am liking how well Pollard is playing. What a pickup, I bet KC would love to have him back, haha. Eugene Wilson has been solid, certainly not a standout safety, but he's ok.

CB- F+ It pains me to say it but God do we have some terrible CB's. Dunta has really regressed over his career, and when Jacques Reeves is arguably our best CB, that says a lot about the quality of players at the position. Antwaun Molden has not progressed much at all, and there were plenty of other better CB options when we took him in the third round. Fred Bennett has really regressed since his rookie season, when he was one of my favorite players. The bright spot here is Glover Quinn(Puts the plus on the F), but even he can't save this abysmal group. If we don't go CB in the first round this year I will be livid. We have plenty of good pass rushers but our secondary can't buy them time, and it's the CB's who need to improve.

Coaching- C I don't mind Kubiak, and I'm fine with our playcalling most of the time. Bush and Shannahan are good assistant coaches. Our team just needs to be more mentally tough to really take the next step. We shoot ourselves in the foot with things like false start penalties. At some level that responsibility falls on the coaches to keep the players focused.

We are well positioned to be able to grab a wild card spot, this is our best opportunity to make the playoffs in franchise history.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK if yall saw this about classless Bud Adams & his $250,000 fine for flipping off the Bills. Said he got caught up in the excitement of the moment, lol, is that an excuse for getting drunk & flipping the bird?

From the Wk. 10 discussion thread:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...pping-off-fans

Houston remembers Bud Adams all too well, the most hated man in Houston if not the whole Great State of Texas since Jose Lopez de Santa Anna. Yet another reason to curse him, you have to feel truly sorry for Fisher working for this a-hole

Last edited by LizardState : 11-17-2009 at 09:48 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

After much delibirating here's my grades.

QB/ B--/ Statistically Matt is up there. However the stats are skewed because our running game is so bad. Matt puts up stats in bunches, but is not consistent. Horrible game against the Jets, first half against the Cardinals and the 1st quarter and some against the Colts. He holds on to the ball to long instead of getting rid of it at times. His accuracy is covered up because our receivers and TE's can make some amazing catches, but Matt has to work on his accuracy and decision making. His inernal clock needs to be sharper.

RB/D/ I know the line has to do it's part, but really fumbles in this department are killing us. The talent is still there, Slaton is still shifty, Moats is still fast, and Brown is.... still here. The execution however is not. Each of our backs has had turnovers that have really hurt the team. I should fail them lol, but I gotta give some credit to opposing teams defenses.

WR/A+/ You can't really ask for more from your receivers. They're good in the blocking game have reliable hands run good routes and can play a lil' CB j/k. In all seriousness they're one of the best receiving core in the entire NFL.

TE/A/ OD was on a pro-bowl path and our guys here are all talented. Hill impressed me on the reception against the Colts, I know he's a blocking specialist, but he looks like a load to bring down. Casey showed his ability to catch in the pre-season and Dreesen has been as always solid. It's a shame injuries have hurt us here. However Casey should be back for the MNF game and our production here shouldn't see to much of a dropoff.

O-line/C+/ Man injuries have killed us. Myers came into the season coming off and injury and it showed the first few games. The ownage of him by Jenkins in the Jets.... ouch. Thas gotta hurt in the pride. Then Pitts and Briesel going on IR. Ugh. Our youngsters are doing okay and should keep improving. Hopefully the second half sees our running game develop legs. The pass protection has been pretty great. True Brown has given up the most sacks along the line, but most of those have come after three seconds. I would have graded them lower, but I gotta take injuries into account.

DE/B/ Mario and Smith have been really good. Smith has been getting close all season as has Mario, but the secondary isn't helping them, yet. Bullman and Barwin have been decent, but they keep the + off the B. I know Barwin is still a rookie, however since they are all rotating they need to step up. Mario had a shoulder issue and hopefully the rest helps. I expect this group to keep improving.

DT/C-/ Okoye has been showing up more recently and Cody is playing well. That being said when Zgonia is putting up the best numbers in the unit, something is wrong. Okam what happened to him, Robinson was hurt, but man. This position could use an upgrade like last off-season. This upcoming draft is loaded with DT talent. If we don't snatch one up I'll be disappointed, doesn't necessarily have to be the 1st rd. just get someone to help.

LB/A+/ These guys are all over the field. I'm really impressed with this group. If we're lucky and no injuries here we should have a top LB core in the NFL only thing we need here now is quality depth. I'm sorry, but I haven't forgotten how Adibi was abused in the pre-season.

DB/D+/ Safety play has gotten solid, CB play is better. Throw out the first few games I might say B-, but really our first few games were atrocious. I thought about grading them separetely, but the fact is, I can't remember who's fault it was CJ wasn't covered in the Titans game. I think it was Bennett, but those games were ugh. Since Pollard came in and Reeves returned and more playing time for GQ our secondary has seen marked improvement. I think they should be at least solid in the second half.

Coaching/B-/ I question alot of what Kubiaks done, but there's alot I like that he brings. His offensive scheme is great, some of his calls aren't. Clock management is still a little questionable, but we've become a better team as the seasons progressed. Hopefully he sees ways to improve this bye week and comes on strong for the second half.

Wild Card, man we're on the outside looking in. One more win in the first half and we would be in control of our destiny. Now we have to catch Pittsburg and SD, it's not out of the question, but we gotta step up. The past few yrs. we've been a great second half team. This yr. we gotta continue the trend if we wanna be in the playoffs.

GO TEXANS!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

The titans are already talking trash. Bo Scaife of all people is talking noise, i hope that Cush lays him out on Monday. After the last game you know this is going to be a heated game and very fun to watch. Looks like we are going with out Jacoby. Im anxious to see how we do against chris johnson this time, if our defense is really as good as it has been since week 5.

Andre Johnson is on the cover of ESPN the mag, pretty cool. In the article, i believe it was his dad, was saying that if we dont make the playoffs this year than Andre might start asking to leave town and that there is already a plan in place for this. I really hate to hear that. I can understand that losing every year is hard when you put as much work and effort in as he does, but come on, he is the face of this team, his dad(again i think it was his dad) should never of come forth with this.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:14 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was not upset about the Colts game.----

My grades are spotty, as I cannot watch all the texans' games.

Quarterback-b-
Runningback-f-
Wideout-A--
Ol-b--
DE-C+-
DT-F-
LB-A+-
CB-C-
S-C+-

Additional notes-

Can't keep fumbling. I love both Slaton and Moats. But someone needs to explain how important the football is.

Defensive Tackle/Need some plays. Mario is getting it done. But someone on the inside needs to start being disruptive.

And Wideout-Very good. Now, I love Johnson. But to call him the best WO in all of football??? Really? He is amazing. But there are a couple that could make an arguement that he is not the absolute best...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont know who you would put in front of Johnson. Moss can only get open with his speed, Dre can get open with speed, with strength, and with his ablility to run perfect routes. Fitz is great but not nearly as physical as Dre, dont think Fitz could knock down a line backer and 2 defensive backs on his way to the end zone. Dre can do everything on the field and he is the best, and im not just saying that cause im a homer. I do like Fitz a lot, he is a class act just like Dre, but Fitz doesnt see the double teams that Dre does because of Boldin and Breaston. If i could have one WR on my team it would be Dre... If you can give me a reason to not call him the best i would like to hear it, and who would it be????
Old 11-22-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Dang JJMT, you had me stressing with that post about AJ. It didn't make sense, but there was a possibility right. It was his uncle that did that interview and the good thing is that AJ has come out and denied the report.

I don't get why family members are asked to speak for these athletes. There should be a limit to how far reporters can go just for a story.

Steelers lost, SD or Denver has to loose. We're not in control of our playoff hopes right now, but we still have a good shot. I'm surprised that Jacksonville won. These next 3 games are crucial and if we take them all (which I know we can we can almost count ourselves in the playoffs.)
Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the word on Dunta Robinson? How's he looked this season?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
What's the word on Dunta Robinson? How's he looked this season?
He's played well. Guys a solid CB. His stats aren't there, but he's far from bad. I think the drawback on him right now is his price.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

You know I really want this game tonight. I know we can win and I know we can win big.

I know right now CJ is getting alot of hype, but the bottom line is it's a team sport. CJ is still running behind a great run-blocking line. Talent wise I still think Slaton is the better all-around back.

Anyways aside from that I'm not going to the game tonight. Ever since 06' I've hated the Titans. I'll never forget how horrible it felt when Young scored the TD. I remember screaming about the no-call on Mario who was blatantly held. Yet I was drowned out by cheers for Young. I felt so bad for our team, they played their hearts out and then when they loose the stadium erupts. I've never been so livid on the way back to the car. I saw all those Young jerseys and those ppl celebrating and it took everything I had to just make it to the car without catching a case. Honestly I sold my tix to avoid this sensation. The messed up part is alot of those guys in the Young jersey's claim to be Texans fans. Vince Young ignorant nuthuggers. I could stand it if they were Titans fans, but really you celebrate when your guy wins over "your" team. Thas so f'ed man! I hate all those ppl here who go on about how VY just wins. ITS A TEAM WIN!! Vince hasn't proven himself on this level yet, just cuz his team wins he shouldn't be the lone player assigned a W on his stats.

I really hope we stick it to the Tacks this time. F@#$ Bud I hope his home gets bombed with him it! F@#$ Vince and F$@$ the Tacks!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

That is a heart breaker. 6 missed field goals, kicking 65%, it may be time to find a new kicker after Kris has cost us two games in a row now. Our DE's needed to play contain defense but they ran outside nearly every passing down. That killed us.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

go to hell Kris Brown and Cortland Finnegan can go with you
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I just want ya'll to know that anything I say to MarioPalmer about Mario Williams, the Texans, or whatever, I'm only saying to get under his skin. This game went down to the end, and everyone watching it will remember it for a while. Ya'll definitely have my respect, but anything I say to MP should be thrown out the window because I'm trying to be an intentional dick to him. Just wanted ya'll to know that, and to not take anything I say to heart as I'm being an intentional ass.

Good game, and good luck to ya'll on the rest of the season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a completely unbiased standpoint - a seriously great game by the Texans. The only drawback I can see if not trying for at least another 5 yards with :08 left before trying for the FG. But, seriously, you guys have a tremendous run defense yet your secondary needs a little work. Get to work on that and you guys will be serious contenders.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

im not sure what game you watched that u get the impression we have a tremendous run defense. Ive cooled down from that dissapointment but this was a game we needed to really give us the inside track on the wildcard now we have to count on them splitting the Colts and Patriots games to have a realistic shot along with wining out the other games on the schedule.

Kris Brown you have done alot of great things for this franchise and ur a stand up guy but there have to be consequences for blowing two of the biggest opportunities this franchise has had so hopefully we bring someone in during the offseason to compete.

I truly despise Cortland Finnegan though

Last edited by Clayton89 : 11-24-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Clayton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not going to make any excuses for Brown, but the Texans are a better team. THis should not have been close. Not to mention the Texans got a few breaks with bad calls. I know the Titans did, too. I am just saying to blame it on Brown is silly to me. Texans are a better team. They shouldnt need a last second, long range field goal to win.

And as for VY, come on...It is getting a little silly to continue to say he can't play in this league, or hasnt shown anything. He very well may be a headcase, and I from what I have heard it sounds like he is. But to come out and say he has shown nothing is silly.

I like the Texans. But I watched too much of VY here in Texas to start making claims that he doesnt belong in the NFL. He is not an elite quarterback, but he can be serviceable in the right situation.

And BTW, I still don't think the Texans are out of the playoff hunt. Some team will falter. The Texans just need to do what they can and they will get in. I still believe.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I am ready for Dunta to be off the team. He looked awful last night and has looked awful for most of the season. He did a terrible job in coverage and the play were he missed the tackle on Vince was embarrassing, looked as though he didnt try. As far as Brown goes, he has been great for the city and has been a very good kicker for us. But, this is such a mind game for kickers, once they lose it they are done, time to start looking for a replacement. I understand that we should never of been in that situation but that is what we pay him for.

I hate to say the season is over when we are technically still in it, but we would have to win out and that is going to be very hard. We have the Colts and Pats still to play, and Jax is playing very well right now.

BTW good to see you back Eric...

Oh and Cushing is a beast
Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me start by saying i dont get to see the Texans much being on the west coast and i am a big Andre Johnson/Brian Cushing fan. Having said that i didnt think the Texans looked good, fans can sugarcoat it all they want and maybe it was just one game but come on. They were outclassed not only on the offensive line but on the defensive line also. Matt Schaub looked to me like the classic stationary QB that if you put some pressure in his face he folds like cheap lawn furniture.

The thing that stood out to me was they knew what Vince was going to do in the 4th quarter, drop back to pass on 3rd down and run to the right. Where were the adjustments. I would have played some zone and had someone out in that flat area because that is where he's going.

I'm not sure what you guys think of that coaching staff because they made zero adjustments in either their blocking schemes or their pass rush, both of which were pretty non existant. Harsh criticism and i hope it was only one game but i expected more.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I agree that Dunta can bolt for all i care. So far this season, i have thought the texans did a good job adjusting at half time. but this time i also agree no adjustments were made.

I am also starting to think that getting a thouroughbred running back.