Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our first game of the pre-season is coming up this Sat. against the Cards. What are you guys looking forward to?

After seeing Geno Atkins of the Bengals and how well he played I want to see how Mitchell does. Hopefully he does well.

With the depth AZ has I think it'll be interesting how Kareem does.

A running game.... is that too much to ask for?

I would like to see Danny Clark or Keving Bentley at the SAM so I gotta wonder how and where these two guys will line up.

After seeing Ghee and Palmers back-up.... I'm worried about seein Arlovski. Again I ask myself.... why didn't we pursue another back-up QB. If Schaub goes down we are so boned.

Injury free game.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Our first game of the pre-season is coming up this Sat. against the Cards. What are you guys looking forward to?

After seeing Geno Atkins of the Bengals and how well he played I want to see how Mitchell does. Hopefully he does well.

With the depth AZ has I think it'll be interesting how Kareem does.

A running game.... is that too much to ask for?

I would like to see Danny Clark or Keving Bentley at the SAM so I gotta wonder how and where these two guys will line up.

After seeing Ghee and Palmers back-up.... I'm worried about seein Arlovski. Again I ask myself.... why didn't we pursue another back-up QB. If Schaub goes down we are so boned.

Injury free game.
We might have to wait on Kareem, death in the family may miss the game.

Im really looking forward to seeing how Barwin looks. He put on 15 pounds of muscle. I think this guy is gonna be a star someday, he is still learning DE.

From what i have read Mitchell has been very impressive so far. I would love to see him take the start away from Cody.

Also want to see how the O line looks. I think i read that Caldwell is slated to start at G, not 100 on that though.

I really hope Rackers takes the kicking job from Brown. I just cant imagine playing the first game of the season with a chance to tie or win at the end and Brown walking onto the field. I dont see how any of the coaches trust this guy.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
We might have to wait on Kareem, death in the family may miss the game.

Im really looking forward to seeing how Barwin looks. He put on 15 pounds of muscle. I think this guy is gonna be a star someday, he is still learning DE.

From what i have read Mitchell has been very impressive so far. I would love to see him take the start away from Cody.

Also want to see how the O line looks. I think i read that Caldwell is slated to start at G, not 100 on that though.

I really hope Rackers takes the kicking job from Brown. I just cant imagine playing the first game of the season with a chance to tie or win at the end and Brown walking onto the field. I dont see how any of the coaches trust this guy.
Condolenses to Kareem.

Didn't know about Barwin. Hope he plays well.

I'm not even thinking about the Colts yet, I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal.

I read Bing is gonna get alot of mins. @ SAM vs. the Cards.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see someone besides Mario get a pass rush. I know that I am overzealous about our pass rush. I talk about it too much, probably. But I think that untill another pass rusher surfaces, the road will be frustrating. If all the Texans trot out is Mario, this will be another disappointing season.

I am looking for someone to be disruptive in the front four, aside from Mario. I don't really care who it is (I would prefer Okoye). But someone needs to get to the quarterback.

Outside of that, I guess you could say I am looking to have an injury-free game.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharpton looked pretty solid at LB in the 1st preseason game.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate done for season with broken ankle. Foster looked good and Slaton looked like the same Slaton from last year, which sucks. We are going to have to add depth to the RB position, time to call Westbrook.

The starters on both sides looked amazing last night, lets just hope everyone stays healthy cause the back ups didnt look that good other than a few. Dan O blows....

I thought Sharpton and Nolan both looked great. Sharpton looks like a leader on the field and Nolan hits and can find the ball in the air.

Holiday didnt help his chances of making the team.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible news on Tate, it's a huge disappointment when you lose a player for the season in a meaningless preseason game.

Looks like we'll have a RB by committee this year without any real standouts although I do like Foster. I've always been a big Westbrook fan, but it sounds like it's pretty much a done deal with St. Louis.

Sharpton looked really good out there last night, we have more good linebackers than we know what to do with. I wish it was that way at CB...

Ya I wasn't super impressed with Holliday last night, hopefully he won't be so hesitant on returns in the upcoming preseason games, I want him to make the team.

Rumor is that the Aaron Schobel deal has been agreed to but he doesn't want to go through training camp, so I'm listening for a deal to be announced later in the summer.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Not happy with the Tate injury. Hard time stomaching the fact that we lost him for the yr. Wasn't really happy with the running game. Outside of Fosters 21 yd. run it was pretty pedestrian. J. Johnson looked good too, but seeing he finished the game I don't know how much stock I put into that.

Orlovski and Booty...... if Matt goes down we are beyond toast on offense.

Not upset that we lost the game, but considering we have a kicking competition going on. I just can't help but think we closed the game out with horrendous game-clock management.

Did anyone focus on Mitchell? I didn't really see if he stood out.

Loved the first teams. Can't wait to see Kareem out there.

Didn't like some of the cushion AZ had, but better than last yr. with Bennet.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Another thing was I noticed Kubiak and other coaches talking about C. Henry, but he didn't really show anything last night. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Oh yeah, Holliday, almost forgot about him. I remember being pissed on draft day when they got this guy. Then being pissed when they wanted to make him a receiver, really a 5'6'' buck sixty receiver? Really, then last night after the game I just felt like..... wasted pick. Dang it!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Another thing was I noticed Kubiak and other coaches talking about C. Henry, but he didn't really show anything last night. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Yeah i was really dissapointed in his showing. Kubs really talked this guy up and he did nothing.

I dont think you can trust Slaton to carry the ball, he showed he still cant hold onto the ball, so the BS neck excuse was not true. I dont see how you can keep him on the squad, he is to much of a risk to turn the ball over.

I think we could talk Westbrook into coming to Houston over St Louis. He would be stupid to sign with them.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Barwin looked good.

I'm disappointed Tate got hurt.

I hope the Texans sign Schobel.

I thought Studdard played solid at OG.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:

I think we could talk Westbrook into coming to Houston over St Louis.
That would be cool.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Couple of pics from the preseason game the other day...

Mario

Cushing
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Schobel announced his retirement today...... the same day it was announced that we are placing T. Bulman, DE, on IR. Story found here http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines We also signed James Wyche thus far he hasn't accumulated any stats. IR maybe. Anyhoo, he better be useful considering we passed on Raheem Brock for him.

Another thing, what did you guys think of the running game. I don't think we got 100 yds. Not knocking it yet, as our line might be rusty. I don't like that our line looked so rusty. I hope they pick up these upcoming games.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Another thing, what did you guys think of the running game. I don't think we got 100 yds. Not knocking it yet, as our line might be rusty. I don't like that our line looked so rusty. I hope they pick up these upcoming games.
I thought the RB's played well.

Foster showed nice burst.

Tate looks good. Injury not so good.

Slaton looked good (-) the fumble.

I even thought Jeremiah Johnson looked solid.

I don't remember how may carries Chris Henry had, but he looked HUGE. I don't think he showed quite the same burst as Foster/Tate, but he did lower his shoulder once to end a run that looked pretty nice.

If I had to rank them now, in my opinion I'd put it as:

1)A. Foster
2)S. Slaton
3)J. Johnson
4)C. Henry
Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Cushing suspension upheld. Bummer...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

The Jets are trying to trade Kellen Clemens. Do you guys think he would be a good get. IMO Dan O blows!!!! I think we need to upgrade our number 2 spot weither thats Kellen or someone else. If Schaub goes down and were stuck with Dan O then its time to start looking forward to next season.

I love Pollard. He brings an attitude that we have never had before. He was saying that the coaches were having to tell him not to fight anyone during the practices with the Saints. We have never had someone who is not afraid to stick up for the team in the media.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/
Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

the game Sat. just brought out all my worse fears. Completely dominated on both sides of the ball. Ugh. It was so horrible. Though I know it's only pre-season, I get a bad feeling about this.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
the game Sat. just brought out all my worse fears. Completely dominated on both sides of the ball. Ugh. It was so horrible. Though I know it's only pre-season, I get a bad feeling about this.
I DVR'd the game and went to the Dynamo match and watched Brian Ching put up a hat trick. When I got home I watched the 1st quarter and then turned it off. Everything in that 1st quarter reminded me of the start of last season, to awful to watch. Oh and bye bye Holliday.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
I DVR'd the game and went to the Dynamo match and watched Brian Ching put up a hat trick. When I got home I watched the 1st quarter and then turned it off. Everything in that 1st quarter reminded me of the start of last season, to awful to watch. Oh and bye bye Holliday.
What's a hat trick in soccer?

Holliday is out for the yr. with an injured thumb. They should have just left his ass in N.O. I'm surprised they didn't just cut him.

I hope they show better effort this week agains the cowgirls. I'm kinda conflicted. I want them to sit AJ and our other top players in order to avoid injury after the first few series, but I want to see some improvement.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
What's a hat trick in soccer?

Holliday is out for the yr. with an injured thumb. They should have just left his ass in N.O. I'm surprised they didn't just cut him.

I hope they show better effort this week agains the cowgirls. I'm kinda conflicted. I want them to sit AJ and our other top players in order to avoid injury after the first few series, but I want to see some improvement.
Hat trick is 3 goals in one game. Its a big deal.

Agreed on wanting to see AJ sit. Everytime he or Schaub take a hit I hold my breath. OD says he had a MRI and is 100%. So hopefully he gets out there soon. I really believe that if he would of stayed healthy last year we would of gone deep in the playoffs.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for sitting Andre, the guy is on top of his game, he doesn't need to be taking hits in the preseason for no reason.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

This weekend I expect us to bounce back. If only for our guys to show that last week was an anomaly and not something we should expect. Wait, no, if they loose three games in a row than maybe we can win the first three games of the season. Right, then we're ahead of the game with our jekyll and hyde act right. Lessee that would be an 11-5 record. No way we don't make the play-offs. I mean the AFC can't be that stacked. What happened to the Pats 2 yrs. ago was an exception....

Okay sorry. It's been a long day. I just wanna see this team in the play-offs.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Whats really gonna make me mad about tonight is all the cowgirl fans that are going to be at reliant. Seeing VY fans at the titans games is bad enough, but cowgirls fans in houston is unexceptable!!! Any Houstonian that goes to the game with a cowgirl jersey can go !@#$ themselves.