Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****!........****!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In spite of this bad news, thought ya'll needed to see this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Texans #3 baby
Old 09-22-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Hey guys, cowboys fan here. What are your predictions for the game?

A part of me wants to think we bounce back and take it to you, but with your hot play I doubt it.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we take it. You guys have struggled on offense and it's from what I've seen, bad o-line. That's not something that can be overcome easily. Our D has been much improved and really I don't even know why Barron is playing for you guys. You go from the second most penalized tackle to the most penalized. I... what? Yeah anyways.

Your D is pretty solid, but the Bears showed it could be neutralized with quick passes. Not sure if we're better than the Bears at that, but I'm sure we'll try to nuetrilize the pass rush. Especially now that our LT got busted for violating the drug policy. Our offense has shown it's capable of being balanced thus far so you guys can't just pin your ears back. I'm not sure about your run D, but cliche, don't stop the run you're gonna have a long day.

JMO, but then again. Any given Sunday. Honestly though, I hope we crush you guys. Just stomp all over y'all. Screw Jerry, I'm still pissed he called us the team down I-45. Bastard!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey guys, cowboys fan here. What are your predictions for the game?

A part of me wants to think we bounce back and take it to you, but with your hot play I doubt it.
This game scares me because its almost a must win for Wade Phillips. I think you guys lose and Wade is gone since you have the bye the next week. But I do think we take this game in a close one. I dont think the cowgirls are as bad as they seem, even though i hate you guys. pretty much 2 plays away from being 2-0. We had the same bad luck last year.

Texans win 31-20

We resigned Salaam today.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
This game scares me because its almost a must win for Wade Phillips. I think you guys lose and Wade is gone since you have the bye the next week. But I do think we take this game in a close one. I dont think the cowgirls are as bad as they seem, even though i hate you guys. pretty much 2 plays away from being 2-0. We had the same bad luck last year.

Texans win 31-20

We resigned Salaam today.
Agreed, there's a lot of pressure on Wade this game. I can see it going either way, usually when I get so excited for this team, I get let down. But I'm hoping thats not the case this Sunday. This is a big rivalry game at UT, lots of Houston and Dallas people. Texans gotta win this one.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check this link out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzX4k...layer_embedded

Pisses you off don't it. Texans 38- Cowboys -24
Old 09-26-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have over-looked the defense because the offense has done so well but those guys have to figure a way to get it going. Penalties and not being able to score in the redzone were also huge negatives so it wasnt just the defense.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

We have a lot of improving to do in the secondary. Kareem Jackson got picked on a lot today. Bernard Pollard's an animal as usual, we need to surround him with guys who can match his level of play.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I originally blamed the corners. And they were bad. But after review, I would say that any corner would get beat with no pass rush.

I can't figure this out. Where did the DL go? They were so good earlier. But today they looked bad.

And, unfortunately, Kareem Jackson doesn't look like Champ Bailey. He is getting picked on. And he is not making anyone pay for it.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I originally blamed the corners. And they were bad. But after review, I would say that any corner would get beat with no pass rush.

I can't figure this out. Where did the DL go? They were so good earlier. But today they looked bad.

And, unfortunately, Kareem Jackson doesn't look like Champ Bailey. He is getting picked on. And he is not making anyone pay for it.
I agree. The DL was awful. Romo had all day to throw, where Schaub had no time at all. Rookie corners never really look that good, seems to be one of the hardest positions to get down for rookies, so im not to suprised that Jackson isnt doing well.

This game had a negative feel from the start. Other than Andre, Foster, and Pollard, it didnt seem like anyone was trying that hard. And what the hell was Winston doing today?

Even though it probably wouldnt of made that big of difference but the league needs to do something about the refs today. One of the worst called games I have ever seen.

I guess its back down to earth for us.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Defense needs help.

I like Quin, but I think the Texans need help at CB.

Maybe Houston will give Schobel a call. A DE like him could possibly help out the DBs by adding more pass rush.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I think the Defense needs help.

I like Quin, but I think the Texans need help at CB.

Maybe Houston will give Schobel a call. A DE like him could possibly help out the DBs by adding more pass rush.
I would call Schobel and say "here is 10 million for the rest of the year". It is time to get desperate. I dont think any of us realized how big it was to lose Barwin.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 mill is alot. But I get what you are saying. And I am on board. I have been talking about fixing the DL forever. Problem is that I thought it was fixed. They played so well early. It really baffles me how bad it was last sunday.

DL and corner are major concerns for me right now. Against Dallas, the offense made mistakes at bad times. But they seemed to be able to move the ball between the 20's. I reckon that if you clean up the mistakes, this team's offense is gonna be fine all year.

But the DL and corners are another matter. If the DL isn't fixed, this is a moot point.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Schobel worked out for the Texans but they couldnt come to terms on a contract. Schobel said he was out of shape and it would take him a few weeks to get into football shape. That doesnt bother me, even if he is ready to go after the bye would be fine with me.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that the Raiders will be a cakewalk, but I think that the Texans will win if I'm guessing.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Ya, this is the kind of game the Texans have no business losing. Especially with Jason Campbell flopping and them having to play Gradkowski at QB. If we want to make the playoffs, we've got to execute in games like this, we can't have a repeat of last week.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

We have to rebound and play lights out. To start the season 3-1 without Cush would be pretty amazing.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I have to agree with Cunningham. There is no reason why the Texans cant beat the Raiders. This is a win unless the Texans dont try.

I guess there is no hope in the Schobel deal, huh? I was hoping they would sign him, but I would think he would be here by now if it was possible.

Anyone else a little upset with the Kareem pick? I wasn't crazy about the pick, but I thought they might have been on to something when they were talking about him contributing from the word go. He has not been playing like DROY.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Anyone else a little upset with the Kareem pick? I wasn't crazy about the pick, but I thought they might have been on to something when they were talking about him contributing from the word go. He has not been playing like DROY.
I am not upset with the pick yet. Rookie corners seem to take a while to develop. I wish we were in a situation where we could bring him along slowly as a nickle back and work up to a starter, but we dont have the depth to do so. I can think of a few times that he gave up a huge play by slipping, he needs to keep his feet under him.

Now if Kyle Wilson was having a beast start to the season I would be very upset. But he looks like he is coming along slow also. And Wilson has the advantage of covering the 3rd best receiver since he is playing nickle when Revis is healthy.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:

Dallas was in max protection much of the game. They were also utilizing alot of quick passes and the draw play. They were killing us with that in the first half. However I think Mario got a tip on when they were gonna run the draw because he made it hard for them to run it.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

You know this last loss hurt alot. To me because I feel the zebras had to much influence on the outcome. Another thing, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THE COWBOYS KICK AFTER THE PLAYCLOCK HIT ZERO AT THE HALF!!!??? I mean how is that missed. What a bunch of garbage, I mean it's not like we had the game in the bag, still having trouble in the red-zone. However the referees had to much influence.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
You know this last loss hurt alot. To me because I feel the zebras had to much influence on the outcome. Another thing, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THE COWBOYS KICK AFTER THE PLAYCLOCK HIT ZERO AT THE HALF!!!??? I mean how is that missed. What a bunch of garbage, I mean it's not like we had the game in the bag, still having trouble in the red-zone. However the referees had to much influence.
Yeah i saw it, almost 2 fulls seconds after the clock hit 0 before he kicked it. And calling offsides on Smith when the guard clearly moved. BS!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Its Halftime.

I hope the Texans win this thing.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I am a little irritated. This should have been a walk in the park. I know I shouldn't complain with a win, cause they are hard to get in the NFL no matter who you play. But I think the Texans are WAY better than the Haiders.

Also, good points about Jackson. Its not fair that he has to start. But that is what they drafted him for.