Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we have one representative in the pro bowl, Andre Johnson! Al Wilson going again is complete ********, if it were London Fletcher I would understand, but Demeco deserved to go.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Well, we have one representative in the pro bowl, Andre Johnson! Al Wilson going again is complete ***********, if it were London Fletcher I would understand, but Demeco deserved to go.
I gotta agree it's disappointing that Demeco didn't get in, but he will. Al Wilson is a bigger name and more people watch him, but Demeco deserves it as much as anybody and should begin his appearances next yr. Hopefully alongside Mario, or should I say hopefully with Mario along side of him? lol. Either way we should have multiple pro-bowlers soon.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no need to apologize Grid. Though it does show alot of heart, I gotta respect that. Anybody can loose their cool, hell I know I have. Just not sure if there's any evidence online. Lol. Anyways I stick by my team and I try to put myself in their position. It's easier because I used to play myself, but then again it's harder because every person is different and I tend to put my own thoughts into it as well. However with Carr it's hard for everybody to identify with him as a leader because there are so few leaders like him. I've met one guy like him that gives me reason to keep my faith in Carr. Carr is a guy that never sells out, a guy that's humble but has his own fire. He's a guy that can compartemize his life. When he's on the field it's one thing, but once off it it's back to living your other life. I can't fully explain it, don't know if anybody would wanna hear either, but here's the point. Carr is a great leader, but his way is unique and not everybody identifies with it. I know he's a leader because I've come to believe in him, I've come to the point where it hurts that he's not succeeding. I've come to the point that when other player's don't come through for him I wanna cry because if I were in their shoes I would rather die (metaphorically speaking) than fail.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Well, we go into this Sunday to face the division leaders. While a victory looks really unlikely I do think we will have a much much better performance than last week. At least I hope so. After last week our team will hopefully want to prove to us as well as themselves that they can be competitive and maybe just maybe pull out a win. I know we've been decimated by injuries, but even our injured team is performing better than last yr's. team. This is still a good thing and we can build on that. I'll probably post more stuff before the game, but for sure a win would be a great Christmas present.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin
Well, we go into this Sunday to face the division leaders. While a victory looks really unlikely I do think we will have a much much better performance than last week. At least I hope so. After last week our team will hopefully want to prove to us as well as themselves that they can be competitive and maybe just maybe pull out a win. I know we've been decimated by injuries, but even our injured team is performing better than last yr's. team. This is still a good thing and we can build on that. I'll probably post more stuff before the game, but for sure a win would be a great Christmas present.
I'll be at that game!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait because I have never been able to see a Texans game before.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink
King Rhabuf
Rookie

King Rhabuf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What are your guys thoughts on Dunta? Do you think he should be traded while he still has value? He was good his rookie year but has seemed to tail off a bit.
King Rhabuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rhabuf
What are your guys thoughts on Dunta? Do you think he should be traded while he still has value? He was good his rookie year but has seemed to tail off a bit.
During rookie season Dunta had Eric Glen to play along side him. With Glen he found a mentor and Glen took under his wing. Now Dunta doesn't have any body good enogh to play along side with him. His play is suffering due this. If the Texans address their secondary needs then his play will pick up. Having a solid front seven to put pressure on QB will also help. The last two season his play has regressed due to lack of support.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rhabuf
I dont think they would ever get fair value for him....considering where they drafted him....It would also not look good on the organization to be giving up on a bunch of first round picks....David Carr, there are rumours about Travis Johnson....plus nobody ever thought Jason Babin was worth his selection....and then with all the negativity surrounding Mario Williams....If im the GM I hang onto my cornerstone players....just look at D.Hall...last year he played really well and this year he hasnt...CB is a tough position
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
King Rhabuf
Rookie

King Rhabuf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What the hell happened to Travis Johnson? He was the #1 recruit out of high school not to long ago.

Also, who are you guys wanting in the draft? Seems like Thomas or Peterson would be good choices to me.
King Rhabuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Texans trade David Carr after the season, they will be in the market for another quarterback. Matt Schaub will be a restricted free agent. If the Falcons tender him a contract offer at a certain level, it will require a first-round pick to sign him. It's doubtful the Texans would surrender a high No. 1 pick for Schaub.
-- Houston Chronicle
Interesting, I think Schaub would be perfect for Kubiak's offense. The problem is wokring out a deal, but it would really help the Texans next year. The Falcons believe Schaub is worht a first rounder, thus the point system seems to indicate our mid-first pick plus Schaub would be needed to trade up that high.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
If the Texans trade David Carr after the season, they will be in the market for another quarterback. Matt Schaub will be a restricted free agent. If the Falcons tender him a contract offer at a certain level, it will require a first-round pick to sign him. It's doubtful the Texans would surrender a high No. 1 pick for Schaub.
-- Houston Chronicle
Interesting, I think Schaub would be perfect for Kubiak's offense. The problem is wokring out a deal, but it would really help the Texans next year. The Falcons believe Schaub is worht a first rounder, thus the point system seems to indicate our mid-first pick plus Schaub would be needed to trade up that high.
Too expensive for my taste. Texans will have to surrender two first round pick for him. Not worth it.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Texans just to give blank check to Nate Clements.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats with all the hype surrounding Schaub??? Its like he is the next coming of Dan Marino or something...im not saying he isnt or wont be in the future, but what is everyone basing his value on?
Old 12-23-2006, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
-- Houston Chronicle
Too expensive for my taste. Texans will have to surrender two first round pick for him. Not worth it.
I highly doubt that's Rick McKay's price. That's what he is saying publicly, but I doubt that is the true asking price. It's just bargaining.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:20 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Schaub could be had for a first round pick this year and maybe a pick based on how well / often he plays next season. Making it worth up to a first round pick but more likely a 3rd rounder.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:26 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil
I think Schaub could be had for a first round pick this year and maybe a pick based on how well / often he plays next season. Making it worth up to a first round pick but more likely a 3rd rounder.
I don't want Schaub, I want someone mobile who can run the ball as well as pass the ball. Damnit I want VINCE!!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
I don't want Schaub, I want someone mobile who can run the ball as well as pass the ball. Damnit I want VINCE!!
Become a Titans fan...and by the way...Vince doesnt throw very well
Old 12-23-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Why should we bring any QB in. We got a capable back-up in Sage that if everyone is so upset about DC could take over. Our resources would be better off bringing in other talent.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say bring in Jeff Garcia, and have him battle it out with Sage. Dayne could take the need out of a running back, although if we could get AP, we should get him. I'm glad Troy Calhoun is gone. We need new interior lineman and a 3rd WR. We need Nate Clements or Asante Samuel. Our safeties are not awful, we just don't have enough great players to make them look better. Dunta is our only above average back there and he's been shakey. Fix up the DTs.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
I say bring in Jeff Garcia, and have him battle it out with Sage. Dayne could take the need out of a running back, although if we could get AP, we should get him. I'm glad Troy Calhoun is gone. We need new interior lineman and a 3rd WR. We need Nate Clements or Asante Samuel. Our safeties are not awful, we just don't have enough great players to make them look better. Dunta is our only above average back there and he's been shakey. Fix up the DTs.
I think most teams in the NFL could use Nate Clements or Asante Samuel...It wont be easy to get one of them in Houston... A new FS I think is necessary....Earl is ok at SS...I dont really think Calhoun had much impact on the offense....so I dont know if there will be much of a difference next year without him...Daybe could be good with a full offseason under his belt(healthwise) but if we get a chance at AP I think we need to pull the trigger...depending on what else is availble
Old 12-24-2006, 08:29 AM    (permalink
cadahnic
Rookie

cadahnic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The simple truth is that DC should be back next year. I am not one that thinks he is done in Houston, he has next year to prove he is the guy or not. As far as the offseason goes we need to go pretty hard into FA. Houston will have alot of turnover, I am predicting close to 30 guys all told. Kris Dielman fits our system and was coached by Alex Gibbs. He will be a free agent this year and we need a RG allowing Weary to move to C or backup. Spencer and Winston are our T and they are quite solid. Spencer is down to 325 and moving around well right now as far as his rehab goes. We have to get a starter in the secondary in FA also. I would like Asante Samuel, but he will be difficult, but some FS will be out there also. I think both positions could be grabbed in the 2nd-5th honestly, but that could get interesting. I personally would love to have Daymeion Hughes get drafted in the second to play FS for us, and then Josh Wilson in the 3rd. Honestly we are a couple of solid pieces away from being a competitive team, but this offseason will be huge to see if we get to that point.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you guys.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Quote:
Quote:
Become a Titans fan...and by the way...Vince doesnt throw very well
Lie

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

First of all I gotta say. The game today was great, I was totally pumped at how well we played. I gotta say this may have been our team's best performance this yr. Also it was just a great time at the stadium, they had a lot of fun with A.J. and Mould's on the big screen, anybody else see that where Mould's was like he's Andre's spokesman and then Andre holds up the thank you sign. That was pretty cool.

Football stuff, this game showed what Carr is capable of. Our entire team for that matter, but I'll focus on Carr because he's taken a lot of heat as of late. He hasn't been the biggest problem on our team, but as he's the QB he get's the most blame. Last week I started seeing clearer sign's of his abilities, but didn't say anything because the results were mired in defeat. However this week he once again stepped up. He's been steadily improving his game and this week the rest of the offense finally came together. The TD pass to Leach, the pass in the middle of the field to Johnson, multiple third down conversions. Don't tell me he didn't play a big role in the victory, because honestly I will then proceed to OWN your ass. We had a third and long that was totally crucial and they knew we had to pass and we still did it on them anyways. That was great. Also for the first time we saw the shotgun formation and Carr ran it. That was a great run. Carr has done alot of good things on the football field, but they're always overshadowed by the losses and team futility. Carr always takes unnecessary heat and this week he did good so I wanted to make sure he got some praise.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a Colts fan, congratulations on the win today guys. You gameplanned great and was definitely the better team no matter what the outcome was. Well played and good luck

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote