Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I thought Schaub played well and did what he could with what he had. Obviously if Rackers doesn't miss the first FG, if Vickers doesn't drop the wide open pass, if Brisel doesnt have that face mask penalty, then the game would have had a different outcome. Herschel was right that they would put all they had to stop the run because our OL stunk. Foster didn't have much to work with and Schaub didn't have much time and still threw for almost 450 yards. I don't think he would have made it if he ran at the end. There was a Raider at the goal line that would have stopped him. I think that is what Matt saw and then took a bad chance at throwing it up to someone that isn't that tall, strong, and doesn't have that great of a vertical. He committed to rolling out so he might as well have taken the hit and a chance to run it in. I still doubt he would have made it though. We had guys play much worse than to put the blame on Schaub.
Yeah he puts up great numbers, but whenever the game is on the line he chokes. Im not saying get rid of him or anything like that, all im saying is that he doesnt have that winner mentality.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Yeah he puts up great numbers, but whenever the game is on the line he chokes. Im not saying get rid of him or anything like that, all im saying is that he doesnt have that winner mentality.
I think it's tough to say that based on the Raiders game because the pressure got him outside the pocket and our WR's without Johnson are pretty bad. I agree with the comment that was wondering why Jacoby is still around. He hasn't done much on special teams or at WR when we needed him the most. Schaub would be considered a winner had Vickers not dropped the easiest pass he will ever get in his career.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That last play Oakland only had 10 defenders on the field and we couldnt take advantage of that. Sad.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one should be used to the .500 mark by now right. not even sure what to say. Sux we lost AJ and Mario.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Great game today and we have a cake schedule coming up.. I like the way things are looking.

Cush for defensive player of the year!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:58 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danieal Manning broke his leg and is now out for the year. It just keeps getting better and better.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Danieal Manning broke his leg and is now out for the year. It just keeps getting better and better.
I dont think Nolan is much of a down grade. This doesnt worry me to much.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really upset. Everything is lining up perfectly for the Texans to walk into the playoffs. And they keep shooting themselves in the foot! This is really frustrating.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I am really upset. Everything is lining up perfectly for the Texans to walk into the playoffs. And they keep shooting themselves in the foot! This is really frustrating.
As fustrated and angry as i get after a loss, we have to understand that only 2 teams have gone the regular season undefeated. Green Bay went into the playoffs last season as a wild card.

We have lost 3 games, to 3 good teams. Two of those games were in very tough stadiums to play in. The rest of our schedule is easy. Im sure we will drop 1 or 2 more but will have no problem making the playoffs and making a nice run in the playoffs.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win today. Offense and defense both played really well.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston Texans #1 Defense in the league. Who would have predicted that?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Hope yall have seen this...http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...-Brian-Cushing
Old 11-10-2011, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could put 11 men in the box and Arian Foster would still run for 200+ yards.

Unless our D forces multiple turnovers I'm not looking forward to the end result of this game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:54 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of quick opinions-

-I sure wish they would pull Kareem Jackson from the starting lineup. I don't think he is a NFL caliber starting corner. The rest of the defense (which is playing out of their minds for the most part) is masking one of the worst corners in the game.

-This offense is totally different without Andre Johnson. I know a lot of people would say that is me being captain obvious. But It seems like when most team's #1 receiver goes down, the offense still tries to do the same things. They just can't because they have a lesser player starting. With the Texans, it seems like when Andre is out Schaub starts throwing to the tight ends first. I have not compared stats to justify my opinion, so I can't say that it is true for sure. But it seems like the tight ends are the #1 receivers. Maybe this shows that Kubiak is a good coach. I don't know. But I just got done telling someone I think Andre is one of the top "players most valuable to their team."

-It should be, without a doubt, clear sailing to the playoffs from here. I can't imagine the team screwing this up.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Couple of quick opinions-

-I sure wish they would pull Kareem Jackson from the starting lineup. I don't think he is a NFL caliber starting corner. The rest of the defense (which is playing out of their minds for the most part) is masking one of the worst corners in the game.

-This offense is totally different without Andre Johnson. I know a lot of people would say that is me being captain obvious. But It seems like when most team's #1 receiver goes down, the offense still tries to do the same things. They just can't because they have a lesser player starting. With the Texans, it seems like when Andre is out Schaub starts throwing to the tight ends first. I have not compared stats to justify my opinion, so I can't say that it is true for sure. But it seems like the tight ends are the #1 receivers. Maybe this shows that Kubiak is a good coach. I don't know. But I just got done telling someone I think Andre is one of the top "players most valuable to their team."

-It should be, without a doubt, clear sailing to the playoffs from here. I can't imagine the team screwing this up.
A playoff spot is ours to lose, we just need to not screw it up and stay healthy and I think we could make a deep run.

Andre Johnson just adds that extra dimension to our offense since he can do it all. Our offense is so much less explosive without him taking the top off a defense. Come next April I think we should go after a WR in round 1. When Andre goes down with injury, as is tradition, we don't have a guy who can fill the void.

If you told me before the season started that our offensive line and defense would be the strengths of our team I would have called you crazy. It's amazing since those have been problem areas throughout nearly all of our history. I wish we would work in Brandon Harris more often to nickel and dime packages. While Jason Allen has actually had some good moments this year it's clear he's not starting material so I don't know why we don't give Harris more chances to prove himself.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

I am hoping I can go to the Carolina game in a few weeks. Going to school out of state makes it really difficult to go to games. I have to hope we have a home game during Thanksgiving or Christmas break.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

After so many years of bad football this is soooo much fun to watch. Rick Smith and Kubs should get an award for bringing in Wade. Its unbelievable that we can go from worst to first in defense in one season. Joesph is playing amazing, i wouldnt even say that Revis is playing better than him. Cush is playing like a mad man.

Kubs is doing an amazing job of calling plays. Dre goes down and we keep going. I hope we stick with the same game plan even when Dre comes back.

Again this is amazing to watch. I think we will end up with the number 1 spot in the AFC...
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston is legit, that defense is mean and plays with a relentless energy. I love the dedication to the run game too. Once Andre Johnson returns that offense should become explosive again. Walter, Daniels and Jones all benefited from Johnson's presence in the line up (obviously).
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
After so many years of bad football this is soooo much fun to watch. Rick Smith and Kubs should get an award for bringing in Wade. Its unbelievable that we can go from worst to first in defense in one season. Joesph is playing amazing, i wouldnt even say that Revis is playing better than him. Cush is playing like a mad man.

Kubs is doing an amazing job of calling plays. Dre goes down and we keep going. I hope we stick with the same game plan even when Dre comes back.

Again this is amazing to watch. I think we will end up with the number 1 spot in the AFC...
I will admit that I didn't like the Wade Phillips signing at all but they are proving me wrong big time. I didn't like the idea of taking one of the most talented 4-3 DE's and making him an OLB but they are getting it done even with Mario sitting out. Joseph has been insane like you mentioned. I wasn't too fond of passing on Prince Amukamara but Joseph is making up for it.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are having a hell of a season. I usually like to keep tabs on the Texans because I have a lot of respect for their offense and Gary Kubiak used to be on the 49ers with Mike Shanahan and I've always respected those two guys for the work they did here in San Francisco for their short stint and the work they did in Denver. Houston still has a chance to even get a first round bye in the AFC. The rest of their schedule isn't that bad. Good luck along the rest of the way.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

We just can't get rid of the injury bug. Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, Danieal Manning, Arian Foster, and now Matt Schaub will miss some time. Leinart has wanted a chance to shine and he got it. I think he will prove why he was a first round pick in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart Time!!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I Have Faith In Matt Leinart!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I Have Faith In Matt Leinart!
Me too... plus our d isnt giving up very many points...