Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 03-21-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
primetime0506
Rookie

primetime0506 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Okoye At 10

well i think the move for schaub will gives us the oppuronity to take okoye because atlanta is either taking landary or moving up to get calvin johnson
primetime0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okoye wouldn't be bad, I really like him, but if Landry is there when we pick I would love to get him.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Okoye, Landry or Levi Brown... a LT is a must at some point but i think we can get a Tony Ugoh in the 2nd and again stock the OL in the 4th...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Okoye, Landry or Levi Brown... a LT is a must at some point but i think we can get a Tony Ugoh in the 2nd and again stock the OL in the 4th...
Tony Ugoh in the 2nd would be an awesome pick, especially if we had a 2nd round pick...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Tony Ugoh in the 2nd would be an awesome pick, especially if we had a 2nd round pick...
Ouch man, you think you would get used to that, but for some reason it still stings like a mofo.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we take Levi, he doesn't fit our system at all.
Okoye would be a great pick but I doubt we go DLine 4 years in a row.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't the Bears do it. I don't think it's about how many you take and remember the first yr. Babin was an extra pick we actually took D-rob that yr. first. TJ just doesn't seem like he'll work out and Williams is the only real one we picked in the 1st that seems to have a real bright future. I wouldn't be against it if it's the best move, but only time will tell right?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Datchapin, it's good to see you back here. I love Okoye, and although I don't think that DT is our biggest need, it's still big. I don't like the idea of getting another 1st round Dlineman, but I could live with it cause I love Okoye.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Didn't the Bears do it. I don't think it's about how many you take and remember the first yr. Babin was an extra pick we actually took D-rob that yr. first. TJ just doesn't seem like he'll work out and Williams is the only real one we picked in the 1st that seems to have a real bright future. I wouldn't be against it if it's the best move, but only time will tell right?
Datchapin, you're back!? Where have you been?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Datchapin, you're back!? Where have you been?
Long story short. Got a GF, computer crashed and burned and GF convinced me I would be ok w/out it. It was cool, until she found my bank account and saw how much I was paying for my season tix. She went off and commited the cardinal sin of calling my team a looser, kicked her to the curb. All this in the off-season, wow, I thought stuff like that only happened during the season when I become a rabid fan. Oh well, GO TEXANS!!!

I swear women these days. Don't they get the fact that if I'm so committed to the Texans I have no issues with commitment. I hate to sound conceited, but hey it's her loss.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS

Okoye is a stud. In a shallower draft, he would go top 3. In fact, I wouldnt be terribly upset if the Browns took him this year at number 3.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
shulaw05

trade down, pick up a 2nd rounder, and draft a wr first round, corner/safety/d-line/o-line 2nd and 3rd (best available at any of those positions)...unless AP is on the board at #10...then take him.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Long story short. Got a GF, computer crashed and burned and GF convinced me I would be ok w/out it. It was cool, until she found my bank account and saw how much I was paying for my season tix. She went off and commited the cardinal sin of calling my team a looser, kicked her to the curb. All this in the off-season, wow, I thought stuff like that only happened during the season when I become a rabid fan. Oh well, GO TEXANS!!!

I swear women these days. Don't they get the fact that if I'm so committed to the Texans I have no issues with commitment. I hate to sound conceited, but hey it's her loss.
HAHAHAHA, Datchapin you are my hero, that's hilarious.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Datchapin is everyone's hero.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you would get a young d-line full of potential in Johnson, Williams and Okoye
Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
pswizz

It wouldn't be a bad pick with Okoye at 10, although how sweet would it be to trade down to a later first round pick and pick up Marios Williams d-line mate from the Wolfpack DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler in the second. I could see that helping Williams along in progression to being a great d-end throughout his career.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Wow, I'm flattered, lol, thanx. I dunno what to say.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswizz View Post
It wouldn't be a bad pick with Okoye at 10, although how sweet would it be to trade down to a later first round pick and pick up Marios Williams d-line mate from the Wolfpack DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler in the second. I could see that helping Williams along in progression to being a great d-end throughout his career.
I dunno, I mean it would be cool from a storyline point of view, but I'm more interested in getting the best bang for our picks. I mean behind Okoye, I think Pitcock would be the second best fit at DT for us. I wouldn't pick up Tyler in the first unless we got two first rounders. New England anyone? Or pick him up in the second. If we traded down we don't know how far we would trade down in the first and I'm of the opinion that you gotta take whoever will help the team most at your pick. Depending on where we land I would also think Nelson would be a consideration. When it comes to a point I think we gotta see who presents the biggest upgrade at any position. CB isn't out of the question nor would I be against picking Bowe or another receiver here. Tank would be cool, but I just don't think he represents our best option in the first.

Also, while it might be good chemistry for Mario. I think that he will progress regardless of who's next to him and would benefit from having the best options next to him. If that's Tank than I'm cool with it, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice performance in order to have two friends in the line-up.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
pswizz

Yeah I agree with you that I wouldn't want Tank in the first either, my thoughts were trading down in the first to get a second andpick him there...I also agree with Nelson being an decent choice in the first, as much as I like Landry and think he is a league ahead of Nelson, Nelson will be a solid afety in the league or years to come and he is a big hitter in the defensive backfield. If we were to go wr in the first, I think Bowe could be a great possesion guy opposite Andre Johnson, although ever since the combine I have really started to like the way Meacham plays football. It will be interesting to see what strategy the front office takes in this years draft, in my opinion they could almost do anything at this point.

Also I think it would be a good pick to grab Leon Hall. It would be good to have another good cb. I just don't think Faggins is a good starting cornerback. He works well I think as a nickel cb, but no more
Old 04-08-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Meachem is totally a bad-ass player. I mean I can't believe I forgot to mention him. The fact that he accomplished everything he did in the SEC also bodes well. If we got him I think he would be more like option 1b and not necessarily always our second option. I think he could be that good, man I miss the days when I thought he would have lasted until the second.

Leon Hall, I dunno about him. He was burned way too much for me to think he'll be a big upgrade over what we currently have, I think Revis might be a better choice, but when it comes to the secondary in the first I think Safety is the option that would best serve our team. Hall has all the tangibles you look for, but he's not the greatest tackler and his coverage skills leave something to be desired. I think he will be a good player, but his instincts aren't the greatest. If we picked up Hall, I wouldn't cry, but I sure as hell could see myself bitching and moaning depending on who we passed up for him.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I agree with Datchapin on the safety idea, we could trade down to the middle of the first round and take Nelson, and maybe get a fourth round pick or something. If we hadn't swapped our first round pick we could probably have wrangled a third. There are so many good CB options in the later rounds in this draft, that I am against taking one in the first round.

Here are some players that I really like that will be available after the first round.

Tanard Jackson- he will be gone by the end of the second, I wish we still had that pick
Josh Wilson
Fred Bennett- I can't say enough about this guy, I am a huge fan of his. He will be available for our pick in round 3.
Jonathan Wade
Michael Coe
Travarous Bain- will be available in the fourth and probably the fifth, great sleeper prospect
CJ Gaddis- Clemson alum, awesome
Tarrell Brown- has been overlooked, but has tons of potential

I'm confident that each of these players would be able to push to start if we were to draft them, so I don't think we need to go CB in round one.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
pswizz

I believe that we should do what we can to get ourselves back into the second round, if we could end up with an early second rounder, we could pssibly pick Brandon Meriwether from Miami, the second best safety prospect in this draf ahead of Nelson and behind Landy. I think his personality problems will not be an issue in the next level. I am still liking Meachem in the first, I really like him as a 2nd go-to guy, he would take a lot of pressure off of Johnson.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the most likely scenario is that we move back in the first in order to pick up the picks we lost in the schaub trade then select someone like reggie nelson in the mid to late teens...

okoye would be cool and all that but i think we could use the added value that a trade would offer...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

No way will we be able to get a second round pick in addition to a mid teen first round pick just by trading our pick at #10. Maybe a third, but to get a second we would have to trade pretty far down.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i may be off base, but i think it's a possibility that we could get a 2nd if we traded with a team like the packers...

not sure why they would want to move up though...

there has been a rumor that denver is looking to trade up with us, which would drop us to #21 in exchange for at least their second...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote