Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
We have one of the best run blockers in the game... Shawn Andrews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Our left side of the line Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas, Rabach were opening 10 yard holes last year.
Redskins are better as a whole. (no pun intended)
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I'd take a back capable of 1500+ yards and a back who ran for over 1,000 yards in 9 games over Westbrook a guy who has never rushed for over 1250 yards. Betts almost had as many yards as him last season. Sure Westbrook gives the huge advantage in the passing game but running game skins take it, our line is fine Todd Wade is average at worst. Our left side of the line Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas, Rabach were opening 10 yard holes last year.

If the Redskins had a competent passing offense, neither of them would have as many yards. Philly also throws the ball 98.3% of the time, which kinda hurts Westbrook's rushing total. I was also doubtful of the Eagles line run blocking, but when they found out what a running game was, they looked pretty decent. Westbrook is more a multi-purpose back instead of a pure back, as evidenced by his 700 rec yards last year

1. Philly (11-5)
2. Dallas (9-7)
3. New York (7-9)
4. Washington (6-10)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Redskins are better as a whole. (no pun intended)
This is a filthy lie. Shawn Andrews counts as 11 people
Old 05-08-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

http://www.khanhdom.com/cms/htmlos/0..._brandonjacobs

For all of the Jacobs doubters. He is a lot faster and a lot more agile than you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice write up Number 10. heres my take

Running Game-

1. Eagles- Westbrook is a great player, and they have a very good line. I hope that Reid doesnt keep a balanced attack this year.

2. Redskins- Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts are a damn good tandem

3. Giants- The line is very good at run blocking and I got faith in Jacobs. Droughns isnt bad either

4. Cowboys- Marion Barber and Julius Jones are both fairly mediocre. Not terrible, but not a great running game either.

Passing Game

1a. Cowboys- TO and Terry Glenn is a pretty fierce group of WRs and Witten is a good pass catching TE. They have the weapons, but it comes down to Romo and if he can handle it.

1b. New York Giants- A lot of depth in the WR ranks this year. Moss and Smith should be nice additions to the passing game (Moss being injured last year). I want to see what Eli can do with some good receivers.

1c. Philadelphia- Mcnabb is Mcnabb, and if he stays healthy the Eagles should have a good passing game. If he gets injured again, Idk how much a backup QB can do with Phillys weapons

4. Redskins- Jason Campbell is a young Qb and they dont have all that great recievers outside of Moss

Run Defense

1. Giants- the D-line is very, very good. Pierce is good in stopping the run, and Kiwi should do a good job in terms of stopping the run (he was great at it last year at DE). Only question is our WILL backer who should be adaquete (whether its Wilkinson, Blackburn, or Mitchell). Safetys contribute pretty nicely as well

2. Dallas- they got a very good defense on paper for next year. The LBs should be pretty good next year. the weak spot of the front 7 is the DEs, who arent terrible, but arent great either.

3. Eagles- solid for sure

4. Redskins- not bad. I like their LBs, but upfront there not that great.

Pass Defense

1. Redskins- damn good secondary. safety tandem is insane....

2. Eagles- pretty good

3. Cowboys- also pretty good.

4. Giants- we have a terrible secondary, but hopefully its improved this year.

Predictions

1. Giants (10-6)- much easier schedule, Eli should improve, defense should improve, and provided we dont get killed with injurys, we should be a good team whos gonna surprise a lot of people next year.

2. Cowboys (10-6)- I think Romo is gonna sputter a bit, but the Cowboys are good enough besides that to make the playoffs.

3. Eagles (9-7)- Mcnabb is a huge question mark. Im not sold that he is gonna be unaffected by all these injurys. In addition he wasnt winning games before going down next year. plus another injury wouldnt surprise me

4. Redskins (7-9)- I think they are gonna be a little better then last year. they should be a solid enough team and would probably contend for a wildcard if not in the East.

Last edited by GiantRutgersFan : 05-08-2007 at 09:38 PM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post

For all of the Jacobs doubters. He is a lot faster and a lot more agile than you think.
I know that he's fast, but his style of running may make him easy to contain to inside running lanes.

The Eagles and Cowboys look like they are the favorites of the division, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins do better than expected.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

You still can't put him over proven running backs. I'm sure he'll do great this season, but most people won't give him the benefit of the doubt until he has a great year.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
You still can't put him over proven running backs. I'm sure he'll do great this season, but most people won't give him the benefit of the doubt until he has a great year.
I'm not putting him ahead of Portis or Westbrook, but I will put him ahead of Jones/Barber because they have not established much more than mediocrity.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

By the way Number 10 hell of a job on the thread
Old 05-08-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portis_clinton View Post
It annoys me when people say the Redskins did nothing to upgrade their pass rush situation.
In terms of beefing up the secondary, that should help the pass rush some, however, what people are referring to is the lack of elite talent or added talent at DE... the position most responsible for pressuring the QB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

So who do you guys think the first WR will be brave enough to run across the middle on the Redskins is? Here's hoping it's T.O, and he gets decapitated. Those safeties can hit, holy smokes
Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
So who do you guys think the first WR will be brave enough to run across the middle on the Redskins is? Here's hoping it's T.O, and he gets decapitated. Those safeties can hit, holy smokes
Shockey will and he will hurt one of them.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook is great and is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball, but I don't know if I would say we've got a better run game than the Redskins. Portis and Betts both did extremely well as starters. That being said the Eagles are pretty stacked at RB this season, so I think the gap between us and the Redskins isn't very big at all. Westbrook, Buckhalter, Hunt, and Ilaoa are going to be fun to watch this season. Ilaoa especially because for a big guy he's pretty versatile.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Westbrook over Portis. Portis is a bit overrated. He doesn't create yardage on his own, is not a good pass blocker nor a good receiver out of the backfield. He's a better in between the tackle runner than Westbrook, but Portis seems to have a hard time getting into the endzone. I consider Westbrook a better playmaker that will open the offense more.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I think the QB that leads his receivers first will cause it... and that QB will be Eli Manning. Sooo Eli + a rookie WR = Poor ole Steve Smith. That's my bet.

Roy and Hamlin will also be looking to turn the lights off.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I would take Westbrook over Portis. Portis is a bit overrated. He doesn't create yardage on his own, is not a good pass blocker nor a good receiver out of the backfield. He's a better in between the tackle runner than Westbrook, but Portis seems to have a hard time getting into the endzone. I consider Westbrook a better playmaker that will open the offense more.
I think Portis was better as a slasher but now that he has added all this muscle....I don't know...he just doesn't scare me with the ball in his hands. Any time Westbrook has the ball, I'm scared. Simply put.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

last year in 7 games started he had 7 touchdowns

year before in 16 games started he had 11

now that isnt great but i dont think he is having trouble finding the endzone by any means.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Portis was better as a slasher but now that he has added all this muscle....I don't know...he just doesn't scare me with the ball in his hands. Any time Westbrook has the ball, I'm scared. Simply put.
I don't know it seems like Portis is being underrated by many which tends to happen a lot after a player is injured for most of the season. Westbrook was really good last season, but he REALLY turned it on in the playoffs. If he can be that dynamic during the regular season this year, then I agree he is better than Portis, but Portis up until now has been more consistent.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way that three teams in the East have winning records. It didn't happen last year, and each team is arguably worse than the year before.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No way that three teams in the East have winning records. It didn't happen last year, and each team is arguably worse than the year before.
I agree. I think this division is slightly overhyped. Yes, it's a very tough division with 4 teams that could win any given year. That said, the chance of the division producing 3 winners is slim to none. My early predictions are Philadelphia winning the divisions and the Cowboys possibly grabbing a Wild Card.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Their schedules are all easier...and the Giants were 8-8 with I think the 3rd toughest schedule in the league and the worst injury situation on the league.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 05-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Portis over any other RB in the NFC EAST
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably be doing one of these write-ups for the NFC South.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Dead on Eagles predictions!!! plus rep

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Number 10, your earlier post about Shockey across the middle is accurate. What an animal. Him and Barber were the only Giant offensive players with any fire last year....I'd love him in Eagle green though;)